Coney Island 1950 - Acknowledgements!

• 394 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Coney Island 1950 - Acknowledgements!
« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2019, 04:43 PM »
Quote: "Why won't the new shops next to Feltman's last long?"

Because the Stay Puft marshmallow man will grow to gigantic size and trample the whole neighborhood flat, obviously. ;)

I like that overhead view of the coaster- 4 layers of track stacked on top of each other! And, is that eagle balloon always on top of the Flying Eagles ride? This is the first time I've seen it there, yet it's such a natural place for it. (Sorry, I don't have the game, so sometimes I ask questions with obvious answers.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:44 PM by JB »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2019, 05:24 PM »
This looks so nice, Rich!

« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Why won't the new shops next to Feltman's last long?  I love historical accuracy but I certainly hope you don't plan to burn this place down!   :'( :scared:

Well, Coney Island was (and still is) a very fluid place. Most businesses and rides usually only last a season or two, many even less than that. Feltmans could also serve 10,000 meals at a sitting, so I don't think a couple of tiny shops will last long next to them!

Quote:I like that overhead view of the coaster- 4 layers of track stacked on top of each other! And, is that eagle balloon always on top of the Flying Eagles ride? This is the first time I've seen it there, yet it's such a natural place for it. (Sorry, I don't have the game, so sometimes I ask questions with obvious answers.)

Yeah, I added it recently, as well as a "now open" sign on the eagle, so it appears to be a new ride.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Skiphaul Industries got the contract for that tear down job on the Bowery, and are clearing out the lot;

This, like the ride under construction, is one of my favorite parts of the whole thing.  They show the circle of life and make the place and make it more alive.

Fantastic job Bullethead!

Thanks!  I enjoyed the challenge.  You did all the really hard stuff, getting it to fit the footprint and working around the damnable PC station, I mostly just took same sandpaper to it :).  I'm very flattered you let me contribute so directly to this epic project :D

I was fortunate enough to take a ride on BH's new and improved Tornado Bobs, and I concur he did a fantastic job.

Much appreciated ;).  But Rich still did all the heavy lifting.  At least 90% of the track is his original work.

I like that overhead view of the coaster- 4 layers of track stacked on top of each other!

Glad you like it.  That was the only part of the layout I made a real change to, and it was quite a challenge due to the cramped space.  Rich's layout also had 4 layers there, just in a different order of stacking.  It's a total tangle either way.  The guy who built the real thing was a mad genius ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:46 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 16, 2019, 04:44 AM »
Man, your park is packed with charm. Really nice, like how tight everything is.