Back to the Future Courthouse Square 2015 (WIP)

• 7 replies

Online Crowdpleaser

• Ugliest Man Alive
    • View Profile
Back to the Future Courthouse Square 2015 (WIP)
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Hi Guys, i'm working on a few Projects right now, and i hope i can complete this one here #soon:

This is my take on the Courthouse Square (2015 Version) from Back to the Future II. Comments are of course welcome :) If you Spot a mistake i made, or maybe see something i can improve feel free to post :) Keep in mind work is still going on and i hope i can finish it soon. But i don't want to rush it of course. Full disclosure: The Gas Station is pretty much built by Nemmie, because i couldn't see a way to make the Top Part work. The Future Phone Boxes are Nemmies as well.

Let's start with this:

In this Picture the Courthouse/Mall was the focus. If i would get this right, the whole Area would work given that this will be the most important Building in this small Area.

Work continued on the left side of the Square. Some Buildings aren't fully themed, but it helped to get the rough Shape in place to see how the Area would com together in the end.

Then i started work on the Right side. These Buildings turned out to be a bit of a Nightmare. Especially the 3D Cinema. The Pipe like shapes are not in the right Place, and not all Buildings are complete yet. On the Right hand corner you can see the awesome Robot on top of my horrible Roof, and underneath the Phoneboxes that he made for me. Thanks again Nemmie, you're Ace!

The final Picture shows a bit more of the Street on the right Side. There is loads more to do, and i hope to finish it #soon :)

Online Crowdpleaser

• Ugliest Man Alive
    • View Profile
Re: Back to the Future Courthouse Square 2015 (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 02:58 AM »
This Project was nearly Dead when i saved over the Park where i was building this. Luckily i had saved a Blueprint with a few things in it, so it wasn't a complete loss. For the longest time i had no will to continue. In the End i had to replace a lot of the Buildings that were completed before.

A while ago my Motivation came Back, and i replaced the Buildings. Now i have surpassed the Things i have lost and i am itching to continue:

more pictures will follow :D

Online Crowdpleaser

• Ugliest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:26 AM »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I feel Universal Studios should consider this and create a really cool coaster. Awesome job!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 10:25 PM »
There's some really excellent architecture there.  So many good ideas to steal :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Knight Rider

• One man can make a difference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 03:04 PM »
This is awesome! :mad:up:

Online Crowdpleaser

• Ugliest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Thank you so much guys :D It really means a lot. This has been ongoing for over a year now i think and now slowly i see it take shape.

I'm not sure yet how far i will go in recreating it, but i want to have a at least the Square with one or two streets attached. I'm doing this by reference Material, but even then it is difficult to get it right sometimes. I am not doing Interiors as of now, so Sorry, the Cafe 80s will be closed until further notice. Speaking of which, this is one i finished, but i got some proportions wrong, so pictures will follow when i  rectified that.

So far thank you so much for your encouragement :)

Offline pegylac

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 11:40 PM »
very nice, may need to see the movie again, but i feel like you immediatly recognize it :)