Welcome to Americana

• 7 replies

Offline msebastianz28

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Welcome to Americana
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Hello everyone this is my first time posting here.

I wanted to share my second park Americana with everyone. This park is not done as this is only phase one. So before you go and hopefully give a look around I have some images for you. So lets jump into them.

Looking back at the soon to be full parking lot before making our way to the main gate.

Wing runner fly's by overhead as you approach the main gates.

Were almost in as Coaster King greets us with a smile.

A look down main street as the ferris wheel looms in the back ground.

The train was replaced after having too many problems and a monorail was put in it's place along with a new station a few years ago.

A look back at main street from Vintage Auto's overhead covered bridge.

The Screechin' Eagle is Americana's oldest coaster and is still thrilling guest.

Riders swinging on Zephyr with The Screechin' Eagle track in the back ground.

Raging Thunder soaks guest before they even get on the ride. It's a nice way to cool off on a hot day like today.

One of the parks newest rides is Iron Serpent and soars above you as get closer.

Iron Serpent's track layout is a lot like Baron 1898 at Efteling.

The Curse Of Captain Lockjaw

Crop Duster

This church is one of the oldest buildings at Americana and was here when the land was purchased. It has been refurbished and a town square has been built around it.

Grapevine is the parks newest coaster and has a vineyard theme.

Fire Pit Bar & Grill is the premiere restaurant at Americana.

Walking into Adventure Island you are met by Wing Runner which we saw flying over the entrance earlier.

Adventure Island has a more modern theme and the buildings show. You can see Sledgehammer in the background.

Revolution soaring and spinning over another restaurant.

And since I am too lazy I am going to stop here with a park overview.

I hope you enjoy the park and feel free to leave suggestions and comments. Phase two will see the outsides of the park develop with the scenario editor as well as a few new coasters, flat rides, and a rapids ride which are already under construction.

Link to workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1227717371

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Americana
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:39 PM »
Wow! That looks awesome!!!! I love the view from the covered bridge down to main street.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:36 AM »
There's a lot of water in this park. What you have now looks really nice. It really feels like a realistic park
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Alxou

• Last night a DJ saved my life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 04:17 PM »
Your main street is nice, I especially like the Streetfox Coffee.

But man, that train station is HUGE!  :scared:
Maybe you could try to take it down a bit or to build some hills and foliage around to hide the stone walls and make it looks smaller.
Twitter : Alxou_PC

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:19 PM »
Everything looks very good. And I mean everything. I can't find a single thing that looks bad or out of place. (Although, I too am not sure about that train station). I look forward to seeing more.

And welcome to shyguy's World. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline msebastianz28

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 02:54 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words and feedback. I am happy to finally be able to release this park. As far as the monorail station I was thinking it would kind of be like a weenie. I did go back in and look at it from a peeps perspective and it is pretty massive. I will maybe try and see if I can't tone it down a little without losing to much of the architecture of the station.

I hope everyone continues to enjoy the park and I will continue to update as I build.

Offline msebastianz28

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Looks like Americana is up to something and it is going to be BIG.

Offline msebastianz28

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 03:49 PM »
More pictures have popped up. This time from the top of Drop Tower.