Renaissance Park - Continuing the Peruvian area

• 40 replies

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Renaissance Park - Continuing the Peruvian area
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 04:23 PM »
It's all very inspiring. You've chosen such unique styles that I haven't seen in any other projects. Just amazing.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Every update literally makes me gasp. The architecture and layout are literally astounding. Keep it up.

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Mini Mini update

Hey everyone, I continued on the central part of the park (kind of a main street) based after Blijodrp, a dutch zoo built in the 40's.

I built this after a bird enclosure (aviary)

Happy hollidays everyone!!!

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 02:24 AM »
Looks great! Love the small details you added to the building. What I am curious about though, will this be a full on zoo or a combination between a zoo and a amusement park? I really would like to see what you would do with the rides or even coasters in the game.

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Looks great! Love the small details you added to the building. What I am curious about though, will this be a full on zoo or a combination between a zoo and a amusement park? I really would like to see what you would do with the rides or even coasters in the game.

Thanks!    :up:

My main plan for now is making the central area part of the old zoo, Where afterwards a theme park was built into, The zoo is still partly functional, but i'll probably keep the zoo part to the central area, where i'll only put small animal enclosures. I thought maybe adding a small flatride in the old lion pen, and naming it after several animals, but I'm not sure how much room i have. I am thinking of making a rollercoaster in the central area but making it look in the style of the 40's zoo. I am still quite bad at making rollercoaster because I havent even finished one at all. I think this might be a cool idea for the next thing i am going to post.
I am mostly going for the most original ideas,

if anyone has any tips or tricks for the absolute begginer I am, please let me know!

Re: Renaissance Park - ISLE OF THE DEAD
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 05:47 PM »
ISLE OF THE DEAD UPDATE

hey everyone! I've been working on this in the meantime while doing the peruvian area and the aviary,
It's a small islant built mostly for aestethics, I wont ruin it with a ride.

It is based on a painting of Swiss painter Arnold Böcklin, who, between 1880 and 1886 made 5 similar paintings called the Toteninsel.

i thought it might be fun to try to copy it as accurately as i could, and it took quite a  bit of time to get right :)

in the daytime :)

people have quite the view from the gelateria (that i really really need to finish!)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:53 PM by FabiSwa »

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Wow, stunning work on the forced perspective illusion for the island. I love where the inspiration came from as well. Taking inspiration from art is something that you dont see all too often and as youve shown, proves to provide some impressive results. Im curious to see what the layout of the park is currently. While your architecture is amazing, i'm worried the parks layout might not compliment it as well. Either way, its incredible work.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Oh my days this is amazing. I love this painting so much - great to see it recreated in the game. This project just gets cooler and cooler!

Re: Renaissance Park - Starting the Ottoman area
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 03:16 PM »
UPDATE!!!: I havent posted anything in a while...

Hey guys! sorry I havent been updating this thread for almost half a year, but I'm back! I was extremely busy with school and havent really been playing planet coaster too much. But now the summer has started im back in the game haha.
I will be showing some stuff i've made lately. I havent really been continuing the peruvian area, but I will definitely try to finish that too some time :)

I started work on some Dutch architecture (from my home town: Delft) because I figured it would fit very well into the rennaissance/travel/zoo park (now i think of it the concept is a bit strange...)
I have made an entrance building to the area, as well as a station, and a pub! (the actual best pub in Delft)

I have also started working on an Ottoman area, based on Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, and inspired by assassins creed revelations, which i have been re-playing lately :)

I think the ottoman area could add some nice cosy streets into the park, as well as adding some more color.
I'm not an expert at ottoman architecture, so if anyone has any tips on how to make the buildings look more Turkish, please let me know :)

https://imgur.com/YwatkLL
I started with this, but the arches were too round, so i copied this building and remade the arches.

The interior is far from being finished but in the end it will be a Shisha Lounge. Im thinking of making the hookah's out of baubles, and adding smoke effects to complete the picture. I made the ceiling draping because i think it will look cool :)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:36 PM by FabiSwa »

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 06:26 PM »
Looks good. I picked up on the Dutch architecture right away before I read the text, and I know very little of Dutch architecture so you must've done something really right :)

The Ottoman stuff had me making the images bigger to see how you did it, and in some cases I still can't figure it out.  Wow.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 07:24 AM »
Welcome back!

Those buildings looks superb in both areas.  I don't know anything about any national/ethnic style of architecture but they all look quite real and exquisitely detailed.

I was, however, most captured by the smaller details.  I am so stealing your idea for the lamp posts  in the first couple of pics.  And that band organ cart!  Glorious!  (I LOVE band organs as superb pieces of steampunk computerized automation).  And that drawbridge with the lever arms.  So realistic!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page