Playtime Gardens: Playtime Park (1977) - Update 2 (8/28/2018)

• 78 replies
Re: Playtime Gardens: Playtime Park (1972) - Update 1.4
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Welcome back!  Great signage and architecture in this update.   :up:

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Thank you for the comments guys!  Glad to be back in creative mode ;-)

Oh, I forgot to say.  I had a problem in vandals tagging their names around the park, so you might see some graffiti around when you visit.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34 PM »
I'm so pleased to see you back with this park. The signage amongst everything else is outstanding. I've rated and subscribed on the workshop and I cannot wait to spend a bit of time in there. Hurrah!!!

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2018, 06:28 PM »
I need to read posts better, totally missed the workshop link the first time.  I just spent a very enjoyable hour+ in this park and was truly blown away by the attention to detail.  The "Little People" and the Ouija ride were pleasant surprises because I didn't remember seeing them in the thread.  Ouija was a fantastic attraction; nothing over the top, everything just right.  It's all the more fun given that this was a park I was able to walk through before in another incarnation so there was just that slight familiarity.

Your local vandals gave a great Easter Egg hunt as well :)

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 06:08 PM »
OMG!  I finally found my name!  It was on the last building I searched!  Ha ha!  My favorite was "Mike + Jon" in the men's bathroom.   :P

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
Re: Playtime Gardens: Playtime Park (1977) - Update 2
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2018, 12:54 PM »
OK, here we go again!  Playtime Park 1977 is now open, subscribe to the park here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1495634025

Playtime Gardens: Playtime Park (1972) - update 2
-----------------------------
The park grows up:

The new theme of the park was a complete success, people were coming to the park and having a really great time.  The popularity was such that Wayne was not only able to make improvements to the existing structures, but also add new rides and bring the park into the forefront.

Things in life also got interesting.  Wayne met this great girl, Amy Johnson was her name.  She was lively and smart... and kept criticizing the parks management of the green areas, who did she think she was!?  Just because she has an associates degree in Horticulture from Ivy Tech she thinks she knows better?... so the way to address this was obvious, he must go out with her.  And so they did and have and have been dating for over a year already.

However, not everything was coming up roses.  He started getting all these cease and desist letters from Lawyers about their supposed infringement on trademarks.  That can't really go anywhere, can it?  Besides, there was already one ray of light in this facet of the park, the Lesney company, makers of Matchbox toy cars had responded to a request for an agreement to theme a ride to their name.  They were so desperate for any edge they could get over Hot Wheels that they didn't even charge anything for use of the name. Not a perpetual license of course, but hey, a sponsor is a sponsor.

Construction update:

First,  there was a need for room for expansion, so something had to go.  Since we were getting access to a new roller coaster, it seemed like a good idea to ditch the wild mouse. So the Rat Trap was dismantled and sold to a travelling fair, the theme elements however, were put in storage.  This opened the way to various things.

The mini golf was able to be expanded to a full 18 holes finally.  It was a little bit of a struggle to come up with themes for the rest of the holes with classic games.  So some more modern themes were used.

The Hoppity Hop cafe opened to the side.  Based on the new space hop toys that were imported from the UK.  even hired an entertainer to hop around in one of those to cheer people up as they pass by.

Keeping up with the new technologies, a new corkscrew roller coaster was installed in the empty lot that was at the back of the park.  Wayne, however, wanted to up the ante, so he asked the arrow company to include a couple of hops at the end of the ride, after the corkscrew.  this is not a Hula Hoop, but a Hula Loop!

To the other side of the Dance hall, the bathrooms were moved as well, to allow for more expansion to the right side of the park.  This expansion included a new kiddie coaster themed to Dr. Zoos, to make up for the loss of the wild mouse; a video arcade with some pinball games, a passion of Wayne; and a candy and caramel apple stand.

The Dance Hall/ roller rink itself saw some improvements as well, inside and out.  Disco music has taken the world by storm, and it took over the roller skating rink as well.

Other improvement include the licensing of Matchbox cars to the bumper cars

The pool, which was actually pretty nasty, got cleaned up and resurfaced.  With a filtration system was hidden in the ducks.

The Zierer company was brought in to replace the chair swings with their new tilting model.

The Neighbors:

Since there were so many people coming to the park, it was just a matter of time before new businesses started moving in next door.  The parcel of land next to the west parking lot got sold and an Oasis Diner opened up.  Wayne had mixed feelings about it, He loved the diner chain, it was an Indiana institution by now, but he had his eye out for that land for a future expansion of the park.   Maybe they will have to grow another way, there is plenty of land around anyway.

Special thanks to:

All of BroNation for keeping me sane while continuing this adventure and all the advise.

FishermanRCT for the great food carts

RubbleTrillions for his amazing Midway games

Uthris for the super handy Industrial Kitchen Set

Re: Playtime Gardens: Playtime Park (1972) - Update 2 (8/28/2018)
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Welcome back!  This is such an amazing project and I'm glad it keeps getting new life.  Sad to see Rat Trap go, that was the most perfect theme ever for a Wild Mouse.  But I do love everything new that was added, seeing Battleship on the golf course made me smile  :)  Also, has anybody ever mentioned to you that you make some halfway decent custom signs?   ;) 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:29 AM by JPAlmighT »

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
Re: Playtime Gardens: Playtime Park (1977) - Update 2 (8/28/2018)
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Haha, thanks.  Don't worry about the Rat Trap, a return is in the plan ;-)

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2018, 03:42 PM »
This park is amazing.  Very good work here!

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2018, 03:48 PM »
awesome custom looking buildings and interiors. great work here

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2018, 10:57 PM »
I just love everything about this park. And those arcade and pinball machines are among the best I've seen. Are they yours? Love the carpet you used too.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Jesus is this good…  Beautiful details, love the arcade machines and that neon, oh.. that neon!!

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  I blame SPRidley for leading me in to the neon inferno (pun intended).  after seeing his lexcorp building I was hooked.

Shy, the pinball and arcade machines are indeed mine. I put them on the workshop on their own if you want them.  You can get them here:

Pinball: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1462608316
Arcade: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1459774977

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Muserato, this is utterly fantastic!  All the buildings, the stations, the games, inside and out, just excellent!

What did you use for the row of colored circles along the roof of Hula Loop?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21 PM »
Thanks Bullethead,

Small candy canes.  It was hard to come up with something that looked like a hula hoop without making it giant, but candy canes angled just right kinda sell the idea.

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Woah! This park has so much amazing atmosphere. I am blown away!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Thanks Bullethead,

Small candy canes.  It was hard to come up with something that looked like a hula hoop without making it giant, but candy canes angled just right kinda sell the idea.

Brilliant!  I'll have to remember that trick ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2018, 11:18 PM »
Fantastic park! Everywhere genious work and use of the scenery and building pieces. Man this park looks absolutely awesome! The atmosphere is so lively and all the details are overwhelming. I'm fascinated, it's so inspirational. The arcade is soo amazing!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop!  :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Again buddy, totally awesome. In fact, too awesome to comment on everything. The signage is better than ever and the disco makeover on the roller disco nearly made me split my flares.
Brilliant!!!!