Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 09/07/2018

• 97 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - update 6/16/2018
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2018, 05:28 PM »
The added vegetation and other touches really make the place seem more real, if that was possible ;).

Question:  On the 5th picture, where you took away the inside lane after the intersection, shouldn't the inside lane before the intersection be marked as "left turn only" ?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2018, 11:42 PM »
The added vegetation and other touches really make the place seem more real, if that was possible ;).

Question:  On the 5th picture, where you took away the inside lane after the intersection, shouldn't the inside lane before the intersection be marked as "left turn only" ?

Thank you :). It also meant that I also involves in the near vicinity of the park. so I also have to take into account that no noise pollution may occur from roller coasters.

Answer to your question. As you can see on the picture (below the text), I have already made two arrows before the intersection for "left turn only". How is that regulated in the USA?

In real life, there are also signs, which side you have to drive and traffic lights with arrows on it. But this is more the limitations of Planet Coaster. Otherwise the signs become too big or too thick.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Answer to your question. As you can see on the picture (below the text), I have already made two arrows before the intersection for "left turn only". How is that regulated in the USA?

In the US, there are a combination of arrows painted in the road like you've done here, plus some signs.  The signs are typically like this:

1.  Some distance before the intersection
*  placed in the median so drives in the left lane can see it.
*  A square or rectangular white sign with black letters saying "LEFT LANE MUST TURN LEFT"

2.  The same sign will probably be repeated in the median at the intersection itself.

3.  On the signal light horizontal arm, next to the light for the left lane, there will be another sign.  This sign can be in one of several formats:
*  Usually a small rectangular white sign with black letters saying "LEFT TURN ONLY"
*  Or, this sign might have an arrow turning to the left and the word "ONLY" written below the arrow.
*  Or, it can be a combination of both.  "LEFT TURN" above the arrow, above "ONLY".

Given the limitations signs and small billboards in the game, these signs (and there European equivalents) are very hard to make.  I usually simply use the diamond-shaped go-kart signs with arrows instead.  After all, the game isn't set on Planet Earth, it's set on Planet Coaster, so obviously there's an alien road sign format there :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - update 7/1/2018
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2018, 11:41 PM »
I have placed signs for the intersection so that people know how to get in lane. I used the tv screens for this. Unfortunately they light up during the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
the first commercial company is already established around the resort. As you can see, its a petrol station.

The back of the petrol station. I just don't know what to put here.

The petrol pumps with the various petrol types. The colors on top of the pump indicate which petrol types it is. On the screen will soon be the gauges.

Photo taken towards the tunnel. Also a part of a cooling unit of the gas station can be seen.

The same picture, only in the dark. Petrol station cover is illuminated beautifully. Only the rest of the station gets more light.

Offline Weber

• It's not over till it's over.
    • View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - update 7/1/2018
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2018, 03:05 AM »
Instead of making an actual amusement park, you should just keep going with the city theme and construct tall buildings, restaurants, libraries, etc...  You can make use of modern Dutch construction techniques that are very appealing to the eye just like the rest of this park is so far.  I'm very impressed with your skills and amazing attention to detail!

This is actually making me want to remake my Coaster City from Rct3 in PC.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:08 AM by Weber »

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Instead of making an actual amusement park, you should just keep going with the city theme and construct tall buildings, restaurants, libraries, etc...  You can make use of modern Dutch construction techniques that are very appealing to the eye just like the rest of this park is so far.  I'm very impressed with your skills and amazing attention to detail!

This is actually making me want to remake my Coaster City from Rct3 in PC.

First I want to thank you for the nice comment  :).

There will be a few more buildings. But frankly, I would like to start with the park.
I have no idea what your Coaster City park looks like in RCT3 :(. Because I was not on forums during that period.

But I'm curious about your Remake in Planet Coaster.... ;) ;).

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 7/13/2018
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2018, 10:33 AM »
Tunnel updated with the new 1.7 update. As you can see, I have placed flanges on the tubes.

I also removed a number of street lamps. I thought it was too unrealistic.

The Petrol station storage area. I found out later that I have forgot placing parking spaces for the employees.

The price sign of the petrol station. The name of the petrol station is Planco Gas.

The filling station for the petrol station. In real life it does not look like this. but rather fragile.

To keep the place alive, I added a little story. Here you can see that someone exchanged a tire.

Aerial view of the petrol station. Only on the road and at the petrol station cars have to be placed.

Night photo made. I think I only have to put a few lampposts at the petrol station.

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 10:34 AM »
your detail is unmatched

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2018, 04:49 AM »
I haven't missed anything, you actually haven't build any park and or rides there have you? :) Look at the flanges on those pipes, awesome! You're sure setting the benchmark now for realistic (infra)structure outside the park.

Offline Old-Spice

• Custom Content Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Love the realism here. The guy changing the tire is really neat.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2018, 11:18 AM »
The level of detail and realism here is beyond stunning.  It does not surprise me at all that you went back and put flanges on existing pipes ;).

It's a shame we don't have a "litter" object, though.  The lack of a bit of trash around the gas station lot and in its back area is the only slight nit to pick with this :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2018, 01:45 AM »
your detail is unmatched
Thank you, I appreciate that  :)

I haven't missed anything, you actually haven't build any park and or rides there have you? :) Look at the flanges on those pipes, awesome! You're sure setting the benchmark now for realistic (infra)structure outside the park.
Thank you for the lovely comment. in terms of park area you have not missed anything. I have not yet installed any attractions  ;)

Love the realism here. The guy changing the tire is really neat.
Thank you, I appreciate that  :) I try to add such small stories here and there in de map.

The level of detail and realism here is beyond stunning.  It does not surprise me at all that you went back and put flanges on existing pipes ;).

It's a shame we don't have a "litter" object, though.  The lack of a bit of trash around the gas station lot and in its back area is the only slight nit to pick with this :)
Thank you for the lovely comment. With every new Planet Coaster DLC, I try to update the old created areas with new objects or change them with other objects :)

I also miss a "litter" object in the game. or something with "leaves on a pile"object. I agree with you that it looks too neat. I will try something with the "news paper" or "garbage bag" object.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11 AM »
just WOW!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 7/25/2018
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2018, 10:44 AM »
I’ve forgotten to make parking places for employees. So I had to move the garbage container and I have placed some trash around the container.

View towards the roundabout. If you go left at the roundabout you go towards the parking lot of the park. When you go to the right, you go to the hotel and bungalow park.

Nature added opposite of the petrol station.

Photo taken from the roundabout. On the left side of the roundabout comes the office building of the park.

I have placed street lamps at the exit of the roundabout. maybe I'll put more street lamps around the roundabout.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 7/25/2018
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2018, 07:47 PM »
That looks os real (apart from the absence of litter at the petrol station), that it reminds me of that "Top Gear" episode when they had to explore roundabouts :).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2018, 04:03 AM »
That looks os real (apart from the absence of litter at the petrol station), that it reminds me of that "Top Gear" episode when they had to explore roundabouts :).

Thank you :). Unfortunately I have no idea how to get the litter in places where I want it to be. I tried using peeps and shops. but that didn't work either.

Do you mean the “Top Gear” episode where the are racing and drifting in a office area.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Maybe if you buried a dumpster so that only a little of the trash on top protruded above ground, it would work.

The "Top Gear" episode I was thinking of had them go so some village with lots of roundabouts, which they are so proud of they print a calendar with them.  The "Top Gear" guys, of course, hated roundabouts so watching them suffer through them was supposed to be funny.  However, your roundabout looks good enough to have been on that show.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2018, 01:06 AM »
Maybe if you buried a dumpster so that only a little of the trash on top protruded above ground, it would work.

The "Top Gear" episode I was thinking of had them go so some village with lots of roundabouts, which they are so proud of they print a calendar with them.  The "Top Gear" guys, of course, hated roundabouts so watching them suffer through them was supposed to be funny.  However, your roundabout looks good enough to have been on that show.

I tried your garbage idea. The effect of it did not look good. I have recently paid attention to a real petrol station and I notice that there is very little waste on the ground.

I think I already know what "Top Gear" episode you are talking about. Unfortunately, the real "Top Gear" does not exist anymore. so no episode on my roundabout ;).

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/5/2018
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2018, 01:29 AM »
Administration Building

The front of the administration building of the park. The logo will soon be placed above the entrance.

The large Air conditioning units are located behind the building and a number of small units are placed on the roof. The reason is that it is too visible on the roof.

There is also a door for supplies behind the gate and emergency exit doors at both wings of the building.

The canteen of the building is located on the roof of the left wing.  You can see the intake of the cold storage room at the back and on the roof.

The road behind the building is meant for the main entrance of the backstage.

Bird-eye view: In front of the office there will soon be parking lot for visitors and staff of the office.

The gray area is an indication to me that the land is raised. I want to have height differences in my park.

There is hardly any lighting installed. The intention is that the parking lot and the road behind the building will be well lit.

The first theme park fanatic has already taken a picture of the building.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/5/2018
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2018, 11:18 PM »
I like the style of the buildings. I have always admired the modern look. This is a very interesting project and I can tell it is going to be a realistic one.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/5/2018
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2018, 10:51 AM »
I like the style of the buildings. I have always admired the modern look. This is a very interesting project and I can tell it is going to be a realistic one.

Thank you for the nice comment :). The park must indeed look to be realistic. The problem with that is that I have to look a lot on the internet for inspiration, and look at small details. This makes me a slow builder.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/15/2018
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2018, 12:45 PM »
I have made a visitor parking lot for the administration building. The sign with the logo of the resort is located on both sides of the building.

I have made a bicycle storage for the administration building. I also added a golf cart for for visiting the resort.
This is an workshop item and is made by Tweepee.

I created a walking path between the entrance of the administration building and the entrance of the backstage area.

It looks like someone have lots of fun at the new roundabout.

Bird-eye view: Photo taken at the parking lot. There are two disabled parking spaces and two charging points for electric cars, this is not easy to see on the photo.
I also made a disabled parking space at the other office building.

Bird-eye view: The lighting is placed around the building.  I have only forgotten to put lights around the bicycle storage.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/15/2018
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2018, 02:14 PM »
This has the usual outstanding dedication to realism we've come to expect from you here.  But how many more outside-the-park things do you have left to build before you do the park itself?  :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/15/2018
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2018, 12:59 AM »
This has the usual outstanding dedication to realism we've come to expect from you here.  But how many more outside-the-park things do you have left to build before you do the park itself?  :D

Thank you  :D. The administration building that I have built is actually intended for the park itself. So technically I'm already working on the park ;).

I think that no more things will be built outside the park.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/28/2018
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2018, 05:56 AM »
The road that runs towards the roundabout. parking spaces placed along the side of the road.

Bike lane which runs towards the roundabout.
Because of the trees, the bike lane is dark at night. Therefor street lights are placed here. On the left side you can see the main entrance of the backstage.

The security office for the main entrance of the backstage. Anyone who wants to visit the backstage must first announce themselves to the security. Park staff doesn't need this, they can open the gates automatically with a pass.

On the right side, lighting has to be placed. On this side will soon be the parking lot of the staff.

Overview photo: The gray area behind the administration building will be the parking lot for the staff.

The lighting in the area. I think I will use a different color lighting for the parking lot.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/28/2018
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Looks good!  I'm glad to see you still have some map left to build the actual park on ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 8/28/2018
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Looks good!  I'm glad to see you still have some map left to build the actual park on ;)

Thank you. In the next update. I will attach a picture, where you can see how big the space is for the resort.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 09/07/2018
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2018, 11:12 AM »
The road that goes towards the main entrance of the backstage. On the left you see the Administration building and on the right the employee parking lot.

The main entrance to the backstage. I have made a door in the fence so that staff with a bicycle don’t have to cycle all the way around the security building. Staff from the administration building can also walk directly to the parking lot. For this the staff needs a special pass.

On this photo you can see an electricity substation on the left. On the right side is the bicycle storage. I also placed a utility van in front of the electricity substation. This gives the area a lively feeling.

Not a lot to say about it, just that this is the employee parking lot.

I specially made a photo to show that the area is not very big yet. The blue box is the normal size of the folder in Planet Coaster.

Employee parking lot: This will also be the main employee parking lot. Maybe there will be small parking spaces in the area. But I don’t know yet if I will do this.

The lighting of the parking lot. Here you can clearly see that a lot of lighting will be placed around the resort. Even though a dull white color is used now.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:48 AM by Think Creative »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 09/07/2018
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2018, 06:13 AM »
That's a lot of bicycle parking!

On the subject of parking lot light color, is that white normal in Europe?  In the US, up until about 30 years ago, streetlights used mercury vapor so gave off a blue light.  Then they started using sodium vapor which gives an orange light.  At first it was very orange but over the years they've adjusted it so that now it's only slightly orange.  This is still the most common color of streetlights over here although you can still see the older mercury lights here and there, especially in smaller towns.

But over the last few years, the big cities have started using LED streetlights, both in new construction and replacing the sodium lights.  These make rather harsh white light and there's already some backlash against that, so they're trying to figure out how to tone that down and also limit the immense increase in light pollution the LEDs cause by requiring large shades on top of them.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 09/07/2018
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2018, 05:23 AM »
That's a lot of bicycle parking!

On the subject of parking lot light color, is that white normal in Europe?  In the US, up until about 30 years ago, streetlights used mercury vapor so gave off a blue light.  Then they started using sodium vapor which gives an orange light.  At first it was very orange but over the years they've adjusted it so that now it's only slightly orange.  This is still the most common color of streetlights over here although you can still see the older mercury lights here and there, especially in smaller towns.

But over the last few years, the big cities have started using LED streetlights, both in new construction and replacing the sodium lights.  These make rather harsh white light and there's already some backlash against that, so they're trying to figure out how to tone that down and also limit the immense increase in light pollution the LEDs cause by requiring large shades on top of them.

That's right, I have counted the bicycle parking once again, and was indeed too much parking. If I remove the bicycle rack, then it can be a parking for scooters and motorcycles.

I don’t know how it’s in the rest of Europe. but in the Netherlands, a lot of warm-white is used for For roads in cities and in residential areas.. sodium vapor light bulb is used on the highway and industrial sites, but sometimes warm-white is also used.

LED lighting is also used in the Netherlands. especially along bicycle paths. They are now also testing whether the lighting can be switched off if there is no cycling traffic. These are bicycle paths between two cities.

Green lighting is sometimes also installed in rural areas. This ensures that Flora en Fauna does not suffer from the harsh white light.