Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 10/09/2019

• 152 replies

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 09/07/2018
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2018, 10:21 AM »
That is all really interesting!

Changing some cycle parking for Motorcycle parking would be cool and I have to say, your work is top notch again. I really REALLY appreciate the detail you are going into. I know it must be gritting to start the park but I will be as patient as a rock watching if it means the quality is this good.

Every single thing you do blows me away.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2018, 04:44 PM »
LED lighting is also used in the Netherlands. especially along bicycle paths. They are now also testing whether the lighting can be switched off if there is no cycling traffic. These are bicycle paths between two cities.

As an American, I have trouble imagining separate cities close enough together ride bikes between them, yet far enough apart to have open rural space across which a special bike path has to be built :D.  Over here, either we have contiguous urban sprawl were you can't tell where one city ends and the next begins, or they're separated by more distance than you can pedal across and still have time left in the day to do anything at your destination other than sleep.

Green lighting is sometimes also installed in rural areas. This ensures that Flora en Fauna does not suffer from the harsh white light.

I have heard of experiments here with green LEDs, too, although it's not really become a thing yet.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2018, 01:33 PM »
That is all really interesting!

Changing some cycle parking for Motorcycle parking would be cool and I have to say, your work is top notch again. I really REALLY appreciate the detail you are going into. I know it must be gritting to start the park but I will be as patient as a rock watching if it means the quality is this good.

Every single thing you do blows me away.

Thanks for the nice comment :).

I have adapted the cycle parking to a motorcycle/ scooter parking. I would also like to work on the park myself. The end is now in sight. I just have to build the parking lot.

As an American, I have trouble imagining separate cities close enough together ride bikes between them, yet far enough apart to have open rural space across which a special bike path has to be built :D.  Over here, either we have contiguous urban sprawl were you can't tell where one city ends and the next begins, or they're separated by more distance than you can pedal across and still have time left in the day to do anything at your destination other than sleep.

I believe that it is confusing that the distances are so close together. The distances between my hometown and surrounding cities are about 15 km - 9 miles.

On average, the Dutch travel about 42 minutes to work. How many minutes do the Americans travel about a day?

Here are a number of figures of how many Kilometres/ Miles of roads are in the Netherlands:
highways: ± 5.357 Km - 3.328 Miles
State Roads: ± 7 757 Km - 4820 Miles
Bike Lane: ± 35,000 Km - 21748 Miles

I have heard of experiments here with green LEDs, too, although it's not really become a thing yet.

In the Netherlands sometimes I see green lighting. But that is not applied everywhere.

In Planet Coaster I have adjusted the colors of the lighting. The lighting in the parking lot has now been given a warm-white color. And the lighting of the roads has now got a blue-white color.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2018, 03:25 AM »
This is a very ambitious project, and I sincerely hope you don't burn out before you get to build the actual amusement park :-) That said, I adore all the details and the careful planning of your layout.

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Forget the amusement park, what you're doing here is creating a very granular level of a SimCity game, and I'm glad that someone is showing just how versatile this game can be.  The pictures are great but I'm also loving reading through the educational aspects of this thread, I'm learning a lot :D

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Thank you guys for your nice comments :D.

This is a very ambitious project, and I sincerely hope you don't burn out before you get to build the actual amusement park :-) That said, I adore all the details and the careful planning of your layout.

So far I havent had a burn out during construction :). But I think this is also because I have been searching a lot for information.
The largest part outside the park is now finished. I'm now working on the bus station and the parking lot.
I think the parking places are a tedious job.

Forget the amusement park, what you're doing here is creating a very granular level of a SimCity game, and I'm glad that someone is showing just how versatile this game can be.  The pictures are great but I'm also loving reading through the educational aspects of this thread, I'm learning a lot :D

I think that infrastructure for the park is very important. And it is a pity that this is not in the game. I notice that many more people are now working on an infrastructure for their park.

I must confess that since I play Planet Coaster I also learn more about infrastructure and amusement park itself ;).

I also find it very interesting to know how it is regulated in America. And the differences between the Netherlands and America.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Every update I am leaning forward waiting to see what you are going to do with the park. I am loving the administrative buildings and streets, but I am sure you are going to nail the theme park aspect. I am a slow builder as well, so I totally understand.  :D

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2018, 09:37 AM »
Every update I am leaning forward waiting to see what you are going to do with the park. I am loving the administrative buildings and streets, but I am sure you are going to nail the theme park aspect. I am a slow builder as well, so I totally understand.  :D

Thank you for the nice comment. I now actually wait for the "Theme Maker's Toolkit" before I actually go on with the park again, or I start over with it. But I don't know yet. I am certainly a slow builder but also perfectionistic.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 21/04/2019
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2019, 05:06 AM »
Since the TMTK update, I have restarted my park. Now I also use TMTK objects for my park.
Due to my absence here on the website I place a number of photos of what I have built so far.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last video I posted on YouTube.

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2019, 05:33 AM »
wow - looks great

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2019, 01:12 PM »
It's just remarkable how realistic those screenshots look. Excellent work as always.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2019, 06:13 PM »
I was wondering what had happened to this in my absence.  It's gotten even more realistic, I see.  I really like that electrical substation :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 23/04/2019
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2019, 10:57 AM »
I also started a farmhouse. The entire area between the substation and roundabout becomes a farming area.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 30/04/2019
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2019, 11:07 AM »
I have made two barns. The wooden/ brick barn is used for storage. And the large modern barn is housing for cows.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 30/04/2019
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2019, 01:28 PM »
That feedlot barn is so real, I can smell it.  I hope it's far downwind of the park ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2019, 10:49 AM »
That feedlot barn is so real, I can smell it.  I hope it's far downwind of the park ;)

Thanks for the nice comment :). I think the smell from the stables will not be too bad. This is partly because the regulations for farmers in the Netherlands are very strict. This is partly because the regulations for farmers in the Netherlands are very strict. The farmers must keep odor nuisance and ammonia emissions as low as possible.

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2019, 01:52 PM »
Wow this is the most realistic creation that i've ever seen in planet coaster. Such a great work, looking forward for more.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Wow this is the most realistic creation that i've ever seen in planet coaster. Such a great work, looking forward for more.

Thank you for the nice comment. Only It does take a lot of time to get information to make it as realistic as possible.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 07/05/2019
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2019, 11:01 AM »
I placed four silos around the cow barn. The Milk is stored in the gray silos and the feed for the cows is stored in the green silos. The red machine is a fully automatic milking machine.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 07/05/2019
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Beautiful sunset pic. :)  The deep colors, the barren landscape, and the perspective all come together nicely.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 07/05/2019
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Beautiful sunset pic. :)  The deep colors, the barren landscape, and the perspective all come together nicely.

Thank you for the nice comment.

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 21/05/2019
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2019, 11:00 AM »
I have created a area for tree cultivation at the farm. And I also started the administration building of the park.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 21/05/2019
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2019, 08:33 PM »
It looks really nice and I'm especially impressed with the power lines.  Those can be SO tedious to make ;)

As you ever going to have any rides?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2019, 10:14 AM »
It looks really nice and I'm especially impressed with the power lines.  Those can be SO tedious to make ;)

As you ever going to have any rides?

Thanks for the comment. I am also happy that I made the choice for Power Lines. It gives character to the outside of the park. Placing the power lines is indeed a tedious job.
First I wanted to go for curved cables just like IRL but this didn't look very good in Planet Coaster.

The intention is that there will be attractions and coasters ;)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2019, 01:28 PM »
Your screenshots are always beautiful. Maybe one day you will start work on the theme park??
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2019, 10:20 AM »
Your screenshots are always beautiful. Maybe one day you will start work on the theme park??

Thank you. It is indeed the intention that I work on the park ::)

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 28/05/2019
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2019, 10:38 AM »
I have been busy building the Administration Building. The canteen and offices of the CEO are located on the top floor.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 28/05/2019
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Another gloriously realistic building but I'm confused as to why the ground is covered with snow but the trees and buildings are not.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Salland's Adventure Resort - Update 28/05/2019
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2019, 11:44 PM »
Another gloriously realistic building but I'm confused as to why the ground is covered with snow but the trees and buildings are not.

I use the snow more as an aid, so I can see if the ground is even. sometimes I find it difficult to see when there is grass.