The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Kumara (A Huge Update)

• 97 replies

Offline TheMagician

• A Magician never reveals his tricks!
    • View Profile
The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Kumara (A Huge Update)
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:44 PM »
[Side note] It's been a long time since I've posted on the forums, the last time being with the completion of Coaster Royale. With starting university and moving across the country its been a busy period for me, and planet Coaster had taken a bit of a backseat. Trillium Gardens is a project I began shortly after completing Coaster Royale with a desire to create a somewhat realistic and functioning park - focusing on scale, teraforming and sight-lines- I guess I am another player who has been whisked up in the recent trend towards more realistic parks (Brocoaster and Geekism as prime inspiration) and away from the usual suspension of disbelief that comes with planet coaster. I think it's a lot of fun to see how much you can push the game towards this angle, with each idea bringing new challenges, more pieces and more grief for my weakening graphics card. Anyway, enough with my preamble, let's get on with the park. :D  [End of Side Note]

Welcome to Trillium Gardens.

Welcome, welcome and welcome to Trillum Gardens; the jewel of the New Forest and a world of adventure! My name is Roland Booker and I will be your guide around the park today. Now I know, as one of our generous investors, you will be keen to see how our progress is speeding along- I mean, after all it has been five years... but you will be pleased to know that your money is going to great use. What's that? Rides? Sir, have patience. At Trillum Gardens we believe a park must be given time to grow, rides... will come... but for now I must show you our firm foundation.

As you can see the park is going through a preview week, to give people a taste of what is to come. Word on high is that its a sort of... apology after the whole Jarndyce Lawsuit has come to an end... I mean the thing went on for so long that I can't remember what it was all about. Anyway... this plaza is fully functional and features a large water display, ticket halls, guest services, toilets, park security and various office buildings for the staff.

And if you would just step this way... thank you, I must say that I like your shoes they go very well with your... socks... yes. On with the tour? Okay... This, my friend, is where history will be made. To you these may be steps of stone and iron, but in this park... these are the the steps to adventure! Oh... Yes sir, I am an Drama graduate. How could you tell?

Think of the possibilities my friend! Hundreds of thousands of people will walk these steps every year, either children with dreams or adults dreaming like children, and I do not think I am being in the slightest bit over-theatrical... 16 million... yes sir. But they are very nice steps.

On your left are the lockers, next to the Streetfox Coffee shop- they do a fantastic Caffè macchiato - followed by the world famous Joe's Burger Bar! Yes sir... all gloriously overpriced - but you pay for reputation.

And here is my favorite building in the park. The Mercury Theater... isn't she wonderful? A different show every day, three times a day, today the sassy comedy duo of Brocoaster, tomorrow the cinematic brilliance of The Room. That is the place where I worked before I was transferred... Me? On stage? You're having a laugh, I sold the popcorn... yes, sir, overpriced as always.

Yes... yes, sorry I just get nostalgic sometimes. If you would like to swing this way with me, I can show you the great Market Street Banstand! Live music at 11:30, 1pm, 3pm and 4 - very talented musicians I must say, especially if Jazz is your thing... No...? Yeah I thought you were a Classical guy. I can just tell.

Crossing the bridge? Oh, now that, my friend is the Connie Express... no sir, it isn't a real steam train, but the kids think it is so that's all that matters.

Right this way, towards the Penny Arcade- one of the more... tacky attractions at the park, but it turns a nice profit. I've seen some visitors spend the whole day just in there... kids these days. Although if you do get past the crazy kids and the dust, there are some classic penny games that will be right up your alley... Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you... yes sir, you do look young.

On the right hand side of Market Street is The Grand Emporium and Loonie's world famous sweet shop- they have branches in 47 cities now, and we have one of them!

And... that is our progress so far... yes, I know 5 years but... yes, 16 million... yes, I know about Mr Disney... no, wait, uh, why don't you try some of the Trillium Sherbet?... no? Or a t-shirt, I'm sure they'll have your size... No... Please! Wait... well goodbye! Hope we see you soon! Nice to meet you!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 04:30 PM by TheMagician »

Offline cap396

• View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - A Firm Foundation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 05:11 PM »
I love all the detail in this park.  Great work!

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:50 PM »
This is really good looking! I am really looking to more of this. I love how perfect everything feels about this. Would love to see an overview sometime!

-thylacine

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 08:43 PM »
I really like the look of this, getting some obvious Disney vibes off some stuff especially the train station and I see a little BroCoaster and even Conifer slopes in here. I'd like to say though that that train bridge does not look sturdy enough for that train.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:57 AM »
Really like all the levels and steps around. Gives some "weight" to the place, if you follow.

Those two tower buildings are very beautifully detailed, and really set the stage for the rest of the entrance area.

Have to agree with Mr E about that train bridge, it needs a bit of shoring up.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:42 AM »
I agree with citytrader, I really like all of the different levels as well. It seems most people just make flat parks, so it’s nice to see someone take advantage of varying elevations.

Overall, this looks really good and feels charming. I’m looking forward to seeing more. :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:31 PM »
I love the detail in this park. It's such a charming park!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Remnantboy

• i am awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 02:11 PM »
oh...MY GOD.  This is sooo stunning!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Looks fantastic, the buildings are very interesting and well structured as the park itself. Well done!

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Details galore, and so many advanced building techniques... the custom roofs are gorgeous.  So much work had already gone into this, and it seems you're just getting started.  I hope your schedule allows much much more.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Amazing! Congrats on getting the SGW Snapshot! I love the main street feel of this park, and I certainly will be watching this for future updates!

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 10:41 AM »
I agree with citytrader, I really like all of the different levels as well. It seems most people just make flat parks, so it’s nice to see someone take advantage of varying elevations.

Overall, this looks really good and feels charming. I’m looking forward to seeing more. :)

Thanks! I've been trying to incorporate terrain and different elevations into the park especially considering it features a lake at its center and, although its a constant battle with the Planet Coaster pathing tool and the terrain, the results are worth the effort.

Details galore, and so many advanced building techniques... the custom roofs are gorgeous.  So much work had already gone into this, and it seems you're just getting started.  I hope your schedule allows much much more.

Thanks! Those custom roofs do take a toll on the GPU though, and especially considering I avoid the in-game walls as much as possible to sink windows and doors into buildings, me and my PC are having a rocky relationship haha I'll try my best to frequently update this park although perhaps not each time with massive updates as each part of the park takes a very long time to create. After all it is a WIP project, which can mean any advice that can be given is a massive help!

Steam and Machines

Welcome back, you don't know how happy I - I mean we are to see you. Now we've taken some of your criticisms on board about the lack of... attractions... and have crafted something together that will surely wet your appetite for thrills.

Heading down to the left side of the mainstreet, under the train bridge which I am assured is somewhat sturdy, some progress has been made on the waterfront section of the park, it will function as the park's food and drink district as well as featuring the Market Street Train Station and the Trillium Wheel.

Although this is all a work in progress, its coming together nicely, so next time you visit it should be- I hope- a nice central hub for Trillium Gardens.

Now rides! This is the Time Machine, a Maurer Sohnne SC themed to the industrial plant of the Wells and Sons Company. Professor Wells, determined to become the first man to travel forward in time, pushed his entire family fortune behind a single idea- a four person vehicle capable of time travel. You ride as a brave volunteer in one of his four prototypes in a time-travelling test ride you will never forget.

The whole surrounding area is themed to Professor Wells and his colleague's attempts to venture into the unknown. The great Rivaldo, explorer, philanthropist, philosopher and magician owns his very own shop selling sweet treats and curiosities from around the world. Or why not visit the Anubis Restaurant: home to the Professor Anubis, a brilliant academic who is delving deep into the underground Pagan World. However, in his persuit of knowlege of the unknown, he has awaken evil spirits who haunt the halls of his home. Your guests can dine with the ghosts and ghouls in this lavish, and yet eeiry setting! ... Oh and In front of the Anubis Restaurant? Yes that is the 'Mechanics of the World' some modern art sculpture- not sure what it is really.

Across from the Time Machine is Coriolis, a flat ride best suited for those who seek tamer rides in the park- this is a family park after all.

I'm glad to hear you approve of the progress, now if all is going to plan we should have plenty more to show you next time you visit, should no disasters occur....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:34 PM by TheMagician »

Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Steam and Machines
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Glad to hear the railroad bridge is "somewhat" sturdy, it gives me confidence!  :D

Love that coaster! Very nicely put together, and a lovely building/queue!

Offline thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41 PM »
This is absolutely amazing! You really capture the look of the Victorian era themeing quite nicely! If I ever get around to rebooting one of my old projects in Planet Coaster I'll definitely have to take some pointers from your work!

I am really liking Time Machine! Great nod to H.G. Wells! One of my favorite books from my childhood, one of the first books that I ever purchased myself too.

The Professor Anubis has really peaked my interest and would really like to know more about it. The mystery that you have created there. To bad it is just a restaurant as it could be an amazing addition if you decided to add a dark ride that wraps around the it (kinda like Blue Bayou from Disneyland) that expands upon the backstory.

Regardless, this is looking amazing and can't wait to see this in person when you go to release it!

-thylacine

Offline MoustyCoaster

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Waw ! The entrance is really nice. I don't know what but there is somthing, somthing that make me feel like "Incredible". There's a very good level of details,everthing is perfect, the buildings have differents intresting shapes. I really love it.

The first coaster looks like "The Baron 1898" at Efteling for the buildings. I suppose that was a major inspiration. The only bad point I think is the supports of the coaster. It looks like a bit borring and I think you can correct that with using art shapes.[size=78%] [/size]

I'll follow this poject with my popcorn.  :D

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:46 AM »
The area around Time Machine is fantastic. I love the backstories of all the places and how the area feels elegant yet slightly eclectic. Its one of my favorite styles and you absolutely nailed it.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
Trillium Gardens - Waterside West
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 03:25 PM »
[Side note: I'm so happy to be back on the forum after a month hiatus! Getting back into the university grind has taken its toll on my planet coaster production, not to mention being stuck on what to build next and the significant drop in power in having to swap to my laptop. Enough complaining though, and on with the new progress. Enjoy!]

Waterside West

Welcome, welcome, welcome, so glad to have you back after all this time! Now, progress has been slowed a little as... well the last ambitious endeavor with spinning coasters has put a dent into our budget... but the progress should surely inspire you all the same! Now sir, there is no need for that expression, its smiles all round at these gardens of your imagination!

After several complaints of a rickety bridge (which apparently rattled as the train went over it), we finally decided to bite the bullet and reinforce it. Its funny what a couple of false rumors can do- i was assured it was totally fault-proof! This should surely be the final solution... I mean fix.

Through these newly installed gates that can control the influx of guests, we reach the waterside- a small, cosy section of the park that branches off to the various lands and attractions. It's the perfect start to the perfect adventure!

Thirsty? Here is Shake Shack! Serving premium and customisable milkshakes all day long, it'd even quench the desert! That... was a joke sir. No Milkshakes can't solve the water shortage.

Be sure to stop off at the various food stalls for a light and unhealthy snack!

Turning right at the top of the path draws you to the great Ferris wheel that forms the iconic skyline of the park. A sign will probably go on there when we have one designed... all in time sir, patience is a virtue.

And here... the grand view. Rounding the corner at the back of the shake shack. Trillium Garden's very own. The magnificent Chair-o-Plane.

Rounding the edge of the ride is the great Trillium Railway that drops guests around the park, this also functions as the bridge into the next area- Mechanica!

Now you asked for a progress report, so we sent one of our highly valued and totally-not-dispensable interns up in a helicopter to show you the progress from a new angle!

Well I hope you found this visit... satisfactory... at least. And I'm sure i'll see you soon... I don't know when but I can tell you, it'll blow your mind! I promise!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:39 PM by TheMagician »

Offline joutlaw

• Six Flags New Mexico - General Manager
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Waterside West
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 05:14 PM »
Incredible work Magician! Very inspiring!

Offline thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 05:14 PM »
This is looking awesome! Everything just feels so lifelike in how you have made your buildings and such. I still cannot wait until I can walk around this park!

-thylacine

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Many of these pictures have that real-life postcard look to them; which means now I envy your building AND your photography skills :)

That overhead is very satisfying.  Crossing fingers that your laptop can keep up with your surely ambitious plans.

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Very nice screens. Looking forward to seeing this park expand.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 05:21 AM »
what an incredibly charming and vibrant park. beautiful architecture, love the colour palettes. great atmosphere.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 06:20 PM »
You say that university has taken a toll on your Planet Coaster endeavors but I'm not seeing it. Honestly, this park is a real treat and I love every photo you post.

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - GCI
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 12:11 PM »
You say that university has taken a toll on your Planet Coaster endeavors but I'm not seeing it. Honestly, this park is a real treat and I love every photo you post.

Thanks so much Future Imagineer! I'm trying to get as much progress done as possible. In the mean time... here's a little preview of the next major ride addition to the park. I'm wondering if I should do more of these little updates as I generally like to take my time with this game.  :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - A Woodie?
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 11:28 PM »
I love the way you compose your screenshots. Just about the best I've ever seen anyone do on these forums. It's a beautiful park with meticulous details. And I vote for more little updates. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 12:08 AM »
I really like how you’ve incorporated the terrain/landscaping with the coaster. It’s much cooler (and more impressive) when the two interact with each other.

Also more little updates would be nice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:59 AM by Future Imagineer »

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Great theming! I like how you manage to have the park on different terrain levels  :up:
I'm glad that i'm in the prime of my health and i spend every single day in front of a glowing rectangle.

Offline thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 12:15 AM »
That woodie looks like it would be amazing to ride! For the first couple of years at least, LoL!

-thylacine

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 04:39 AM »
My vote is for smaller updates as well!

That woodie looks insane!!!

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Progress
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 05:41 PM »
That woodie looks like it would be amazing to ride! For the first couple of years at least, LoL!

It runs so smoothly at the moment but only time will tell haha

I love the way you compose your screenshots. Just about the best I've ever seen anyone do on these forums. It's a beautiful park with meticulous details. And I vote for more little updates. :)

Thanks Shyguy! I hope you enjoy this update, because it's a little one as well  :)

After weeks of what I would consider the Planco version of Writer's block (shall we call it builder's block?) and at least ten different versions of the station, I've finally settled on a theme and a back story for the GCI wooden rollercoaster that fits for Trillium Gardens! I hope you enjoy these teaser images to keep you all updated with the progress I'm slowly making with the theme.

-The Magician