The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Kumara (A Huge Update)

• 97 replies

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - A New Theme
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 08:47 PM »
The station looks really nice, I see some new uses for pieces I never thought of, and I can see the creativity. I'm also excited to see how the GCI rides.

On the subject of creative block, we all get it, people stop from time to time because nonstop building all the time is exhausting and sometimes just taking a step back from something and coming back to it helps.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 05:03 AM »
Wow - that looks great

Offline TheMagician

• A Magician never reveals his tricks!
    • View Profile
The Magician's Trillium Gardens - A New Theme (2)
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2018, 05:25 PM »
Finally, inspiration is flowing, and this new theme is coming together nicely. I hope you all enjoy this little update to the queue entrance area.

I hope you all enjoyed this little update, I'll keep you posted when I make some more progress.

-The Magician

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 04:49 AM »
that first picture looks real

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 03:21 PM »
^^Agreed, so much realism throughout these shots.

As well as a couple of ideas to steal.  A couple of weeks ago I spent a good hour or more searching for photos of a nordic pyre (I think that's what they're called, if not, well no wonder I couldn't find pictures) but what you built above is exactly what I was looking for.  I'll probably swap out some of my own work now to use your ideas.  And if I somehow forget to credit you feel free to jump in!   :blush:

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Wow! I really love the overall look of this wooden coaster. The first photo has me second guessing what is real and what is in Planet Coaster because it is just that good! I hope this is a sign of the impressive future that is to come.

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2018, 09:06 AM »
This is currently my favorite project I'm following right now! Just love the realism and the originality in your work. Love the new GCI!! So much realism in your work. Keep up the awesome work.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Best station fly-through ever!  Looks fantastic!

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 07:26 AM »
This is currently my favorite project I'm following right now! Just love the realism and the originality in your work. Love the new GCI!! So much realism in your work. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks so much! Trying my best to keep this park grounded in realism, glad you enjoy it!

^^Agreed, so much realism throughout these shots.

As well as a couple of ideas to steal.  A couple of weeks ago I spent a good hour or more searching for photos of a nordic pyre (I think that's what they're called, if not, well no wonder I couldn't find pictures) but what you built above is exactly what I was looking for.  I'll probably swap out some of my own work now to use your ideas.  And if I somehow forget to credit you feel free to jump in!   :blush:

Feel free JPAlmighT :D I haven't really found a name for this style yet, sort of Rustic Fantasy? Or Nordic Medieval? Who knows?

Filling Gaps

Big update today, after a couple weeks problem solving, working with the new update and the AMAZING Stuiods DLC, I can finally show you what I've managed to do.

The bulk of the work went into the transition area between Mechanica (the Victorian Steampunk area) and this new (un-named) fantasy area, particularly looking at the elevation change and making the difference between the two themes not too pronounced. Interestingly, when you reach the top of the Time Machine's lift hill, you can look out on the Medieval area as if traveling back in time, if only for a brief moment.

The train bridge was added and it runs from inside the queue to a warehouse on the other side.

Heading up the hill, the station to the GCI Woodie (also un-named) acts as a weenie to the surrounding area.

I also invested time into creating some custom GCI supports, and I'm really happy with how they've turned out. For the first time, I've decided to really focus on audio design in this park, and, although you can't hear it through the pictures ;) , the area really comes to life when you hear the music and the dragon roaring as the coaster passes.

Looking back, there is a new ride and the new Challenger Restaurant, a quick-serve, sit-down restaurant.

Although I do admit the interior could do with a little work.

To the left of that is the new flat ride, also un-named (i really need to sort this out haha).

Most of the time went into work that is currently ongoing such as backstage, interiors, billboards, a new car-park and bus terminal and polishing off the Waterside, most of which will go into the next update!

Thanks for the great support, and patience with my sporadic building, I hope you enjoyed the progres screens and I can't wait to show you more!

-The Magician

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Transitions
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 07:56 AM »
There is so much to see and explore. The details are fantastic (love the drum set)and the pictures got a great vibe. There is so much Themepark atmopshere in every screen

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2018, 08:00 AM »
Will have to take a closer look at all of this again. But the first impressions are just stunning.

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Waterside
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 02:45 PM »
There is so much to see and explore. The details are fantastic (love the drum set)and the pictures got a great vibe. There is so much Themepark atmopshere in every screen

Thanks, ZeroG, I really tried to nail down the theme park atmosphere, and it's something I'll keep working on for a long time, one thing I've really found fun (and impossible to convey in these screenshots) is implementing audio design into the park with soundtracks, ambient sound and sound effects to accompany each land and ride. It's great to hear the beast roar as the woodie thunders past the queueline and flies thorugh the station or the clank and whir of the cogs on the Time Machine. It's a little something I'm really excited about sharing when (hopefully not too far into the future) this park is released to the workshop.

Waterside

Welcome back to Trillium Gardens!

Lots of progress in today's update as the medieval and fantasy area of the park is finally complete!

The area now contains a stunt show which runs during the day, themed around the legend of the surrounding land.

I'm really pleased with how this completed area flows together and feels a lot larger than it actually is.

Over at the waterside, major progress has gone underway to introduce the new attraction: Trillium Boat Tours, a relaxing cruise around the park's lake that takes you through its history and gives fantastic views of the surrounding themed areas.

Across from that, Ruble's Midway Games.

And the prestigious, Bentley's Seafood and Grill Restaurant. Open from 12am to the park's closing, this classy restaurant is a hit with those guests who seek a more premium meal. [Side note: I'm so happy with the new glass pieces, they make such a differnce on buildings like this!]

The whole park is shaping up quite nicely, although it is time to start working on the East Side of the park, which starts with the park's first dark ride!

More to follow in the next update, but until then, I hope you enjoyed your visit today.

-TheMagician

Offline Pietrix008

• Planet Coaster addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2018, 01:48 AM »
This looks so stunning, i can't wait for the next update. In my opinion this is the best planet coaster park on this website so far!

Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Waterside
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2018, 03:50 AM »
My jaw is dropped.  I spend weeks hoping I'll create a photo even remotely as good as any of these.  Just amazing.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02 AM »
Geez, that looks great!  So much detail wedged into such a relatively small space, but looking so good as part fo the whole.  I think you've got the lighting perfect day and night, and the fireworks look perfect, too :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 08:15 AM »
awesome looking park

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2018, 01:15 PM »
I think I have never commented on your work Magician, and I must say it is absolutely stunning.
Just the last update alone has so much brilliant stuff to look at, both the stunt show theater area (specially the interior!) and the waterside are stunning! All of your buildings are so full of detail everytime you look at them you discover something new.
Keep up the good work!
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2018, 01:28 PM »
your stuff is so good magician

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 05:57 AM »
So much great architecture in this park. It all fits so nicely together. And the woodie gave me such Wicker Man vibes in the way it's set into the landscape and has the hanging banners and such. I would love to see a POV of that.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 11:36 PM »
This is an amazing beautiful detailed park! What astounds me the most is that you can find in any of these pictures so many clever built details and inspiration... Truly an absolute masterpiece. A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Everything is fantastic without just saying long. Especially the details around are very exquisite. I look forward to it.

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
The Magician's Trillium Gardens - All Over the Place
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2018, 04:20 PM »
[Side note: After a hectic term of exams, and busy work inbetween on a side collaborative project I am working on, Trillium gardens has finally seen some love over the last two weeks with some important progress around the park. Sorry for my absence, but now, with exams over, I'm a lot more free to try and press on with this project]

All Over the Place

Hello and welcome back to Trillium Gardens! Some important progress to show today, starting off with the all important car park which has seen a major revamp as well as laying the foundations for a future motorway road network that will run around the park's periphery.

Joining off this, the mainstreet backstage has finally been completed which links the backstage of Mechanica and the transfer track of the Time Machine as well as a repairs warehouse.

Around by Waterside, the transition area to Mechanica has been sealed off with a small formal garden as well as a cover added to the train tracks around the backstage.

And continuing with transitions, the new area has been moved round by the waterside connecting Grendel to the waterfront.

Taking inspiration from Indian Colonial architecture, the entrance gate and the dark ride station guide guests into the heart of the tropics.

(Excuse the very WIP Shot)

And to the right of the entrance, Conrad's Heart of Flavour restaurant serving Indian food from lunch until the park's close.

Hope you enjoyed this update, and there is plenty more to come over the next couple of weeks!

-The Magician

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - All Over the Place
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Every screenshot is just brimming with details and great artistic flair. I love all the distinct themes, and everything is flowing together very well. I really like the way you take the time to compose each screenshot creating an excellent presentation. Very, very nice.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 10:33 AM »
This park is so full of exquisite stuff it's nearly impossible to pick out any particular items to compliment ;).  Still, I must say that the "Indian colonial" style is quite striking.  First, because I've never seen that before, and 2nd, because it's so beautiful.  Excellent work all around, though!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2018, 11:40 AM »
great work here. the buildings and the 'off-park' areas, like the parking lot, are really good

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2018, 12:05 PM »
It looks amazing! The conrads restaurant is super cool, it looks just perfect, it can't be done better - it reminds me of an entrance of a famous ride.. ;). The combination of the colors and the clever usage of the scenery pieces, its all so well chosen! The atmosphere on every picture is so beautiful and I agree with shyguy, the way of presentation is fantastic. A pleasure to watch those pictures! A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:40 PM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2018, 03:39 PM »
It's good to see all these shots here. I've seen some of this as WIP on Discord, but it's good to see it all together. And I agree with Shyguy. A lot of these pics could go in a frame, they're so well composed and put together. And again, top, top building design.

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Teasers
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2018, 04:38 AM »
Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I'm really enjoying building this new section of the park. Thought I'd share some teaser shots of something new on the horizon which I'm really excited to share!

-TheMagician
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:04 AM by TheMagician »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Teasers
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2018, 09:54 AM »
I feel this park is very beautiful. The buildings have a beauty to them and I am loving every screenshot you have shared. Amazing work!

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Teasers
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2018, 10:12 AM »
The level of detail and choice of colouring is just amazing.

I love the little rockery and flower garden bit the positioning of everything is really perfect same with the colour scheme of that Green building with the yellow/orange trim. Every plant and plank is placed well. wonderful Aesthetics.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!