The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Kingdom of Frustration

• 101 replies

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Kumara (A Huge Update)
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2018, 02:44 AM »
This is absolutely amazing! The realism, the style. Some pics look like they were made in real life.
I love to see more.
Ps. This park must be huge, can your computer handle that?

Offline TheMagician

• A Magician never reveals his tricks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2018, 03:04 AM »
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.  :love2:

Damn, Mage, I have no idea where to begin on my profuse outpouring of love for this park.  And your other stuff, too.  Custom walls, roofs, and windows everywhere you look, and all nicely done.  I'm stunned.  But I'll give it my best shot, hitting only what were, to me, the highlights.

Ok....  Up front, amongst all the other wonderful stuff, Conrad's from all sides blew me away.  I've been to that place in most of its incarnations all across the tropical hellhole of which my grid square is only a small part.  You've captured that sort of establishment perfectly.

Princess Amalie's cottage is stunning for many reasons but I have to ask, what's a princess doing in a cottage?  Is there some backstory there yet to be revealed?

The backstage looks awesome in both arrangement and detail, but I noticed something missing.  That is, the cold-storage warehouse, which should be easily identifiable by the maze of ductwork on the roof.  Is that in one of the places you didn't show a picture of?

The Romanian castle is beautiful.,  I especially like the irregular pattern of color/texture changes on the walls, perfectly capturing weathering.  Brilliant!

Finally, the architecture in the "other projects" is totally top-shelf.  What unheard-of parks are they in?

Wow what a wonderful response. Princess Amelie seems to have downgraded from her castles she’s normally seen in, but princess Amelie is only the princess of a small Northern tribe, one under attack from a terrifying monster. I consider her more at one with her people than the usual monarch.

Cold storage is also a great idea, I had a food deliveries section (that I didn’t show) but I haven thought of that, thanks!

The other projects are as follows: pictures 2 and 3 is the BroNation Discord BroDown summer competition qualifier, picture 1 is the week one of that competition, a New York City scene. The final picture is one of a series of buildings I’ve built for the BroNation community park, a huge project with over 30 collaborators, and one I’m really excited to be a part of.

This is absolutely amazing! The realism, the style. Some pics look like they were made in real life.
I love to see more.
Ps. This park must be huge, can your computer handle that?

Thanks Redhair, the park is as compact as I can make it, but the part count does make the PC suffer. While I can run it on my PC at medium or high, my laptop probably won’t be able to run smoothly above low. So my plan is to build in the future outside of the park and import the work into the main file. I was going to recreate the current area and pathwork in a separate file and work onto that rather than have a several hundred thousand part count park to worry about behind it.

Every single thing I see in these screenshots I wonder, how long did that take to build... Your buildings are just something else. So good. Hopefully the laptop will do the job for the time being.

I must admit I have about 1400 hours in the game, not including the alphas and the betas. So it takes time haha this park has been in progress since just before I released Coaster Royale (another project of mine) which was around August, September 2017. A year on, the park is about 2 thirds complete.

-TheMagician

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Oh my god!!!!
There's far too much to comment on here. The detail work is staggering. The new coaster looks so much fun. Any chance of a POV?
The backstage area is wonderful too.
And it's so good seeing all the stuff you've been posting on Discord over the last few weeks all together in one place. It gives it all context.
It's also good to see your Summer Brodown entry posted here. Are you using it in this park? It would be an amazing addition. Some of my entry is going into Blast Point, so I think you should add yours into this park ;)

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2018, 04:58 PM »
Oh my god!!!!
There's far too much to comment on here. The detail work is staggering. The new coaster looks so much fun. Any chance of a POV?
The backstage area is wonderful too.
And it's so good seeing all the stuff you've been posting on Discord over the last few weeks all together in one place. It gives it all context.
It's also good to see your Summer Brodown entry posted here. Are you using it in this park? It would be an amazing addition. Some of my entry is going into Blast Point, so I think you should add yours into this park ;)

Glad you like it! I’m planning on releasing POVs once the park is near completion as I want it to feel complete, whether or not my PC can handle that is another matter haha
I was considering adding some of the week one brodown entry into a fully fledged New York film noire section, with a dark ride and a full facade but that wouldn’t be until the next area as I’m enjoying working on an entirely new theme for the time being.
I’m sort of 50 50 on whether or not to reuse the buildings, but it does seem like a waste to leave them behind since they took so long to build.

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2018, 07:36 PM »
You weren't kidding about HUGE...  so many pictures in one update, and my eyes are jumping everywhere.  Each shot is full of so many wonderful details.  It's not a complaint at all, I just don't even know where to comment. 

I'm with you on not wasting buildings.   I reuse mine often, even the bad ones :P  Sometimes it's just as much fun to repurpose something as it is to build something new.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2018, 02:00 AM »
I don't know where to start, to be honest… Your architecture has always been amazing and very innovative (take Strattefall for example), but I feel like you outdid yourself with this park.

The foliage is on point, as always. I like how you keep it simple, sophisticated.
Then there's the blend of textures. Not sure how you manage to pull it off, but your work always looks interesting, never messy.

That said, I absolutely adore the grand arch. Beautiful, realistic build.
Kumara is a wonderful area, would easily be my favourite part of the park were it a real destination.

And, as always: 100 bonus points for building these very realistic backstage areas. <3

Offline Scaramouche

• Will you do the fandango?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2018, 03:27 AM »
I looked at it, I looked again.. It's stunning work. It inspirates me and discourage me. Best of the Planet Coaster parks I've seen.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2018, 10:57 AM »
The way how you build is so inspiring. Those pictures are showing detailed architecture which go beyond most I've seen in Planco till now. It seems that with every scenery- or building piece you know exactly what you want and can do, when building walls or roofs or interior, with the result that you create fascinating unique buildings and perfectly colored, which look so extremely good!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
The Magician's Trillium Gardens - The Kingdom of Frustration
« Reply #98 on: Yesterday at 03:23 AM »
Hey everyone! I’ve been working hard at the park over the past 2 months or so to bring to you a massive addition to the park: the Dark Kingdom. This new land, contains 2 E-Ticket attractions: Dracul, a Mack Multi-Launch coaster with five inversions and Faustus, a trackless dark ride. This land would bring the park into its final phase of completion and I was ready to announce this new land along with a new video on my return from university...

Then something really frustrating happened.

Before I left university for the Winter break I ensured all my planet coaster files were synced to the steam cloud. However, when I returned home the Trillium latest save was as early as mid October despite the cloud syncing all the other projects up until the date I left. Due to this frustrating error with the steam cloud, I unfortunately won’t be able to work on Trillium until I have access to my laptop when I return to my university in January.

In the meantime, I managed so salvage some photos from my twitter of various parts of the land, although bare in mind these are quite out of date now.

This final picture is severely out of date but most of the shaping remains.

Thank you all for being so patient. While I wait until January to work on Trillium again, I can reveal a small collaborative project that will be emerging in the next couple of weeks. Keep your eyes peeled for this one.

-TheMagician

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Trillium Gardens - Kingdom of Frustration
« Reply #99 on: Yesterday at 05:02 AM »
Wow! your park looks incredible!! Your cityscape is so detailled and realistic

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Yesterday at 06:23 AM »
Geez Louise!  That's all stunningly beautiful.  It's a great example of fantastic design concept being "made flesh" by outstanding execution and skill with the editors.  Bravo!

Sorry to hear about your cloud issues.  There's an alternative you might use in the future.  Upload your park to the Workshop but set the visibility to Private, so only you can see it.  That way, you know exactly the state it's in and can download it to your other computers, thus by-passing the flaky cloud.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Yesterday at 10:58 AM »
The new screenshots are all stunning. I love the architecture.

And as Bullethead said, upload your parks to Steam and keep them hidden. Also backup all your Planet Coaster saves on your hard drive on a regular basis. I do both of these because the Steam sync isn't always reliable.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot