(WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train POV)

• 127 replies
(WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train POV)
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:54 AM »

Hello All,

I started this project about 4 years ago in RCT 3, however due to a severe lack of processing power, it never really made it to the finishing line. I'm delighted to say that with a new high end PC and the incredible toolbox that Planet Coaster, I have started to put together the park I have always wanted to, ever since the days of "Theme Park" back in the 90's.

I'm not going to put together a huge post just now but I've been building parks, custom scenery/rides & general 3D modelling for various outlets for about 20 years now. I am an Architect by profession and this sort of work is one of my main passions.

Disney parks are as common as you can hope to get when it comes to theme park related sim games, but I have only ever seen 2 No. in the past which I felt captured what is required of a true Disney park. Hopefully, I will be the 3rd but I will leave that for you all to decide. This park has no location specified (I will leave that up to the individual to determine) and it is not a recreation. It is simply my take on a classic theme park design. I have used some other workshop content to form it as there is far too many quality buildings & pieces online not to be shared & utilised and I have also created my own content. I have no timeline for finishing or releasing as I want this to be perfect with no detail overlooked. It will ultimately be split into 3/4 files for ease of use to those without a high end PC.

So for just now I will leave you with a few sneak peek videos (literally from the bushes!) of a couple of elements. I hope you enjoy!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:00 PM by Mackie1985 »

Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:47 AM »
I must say it looks great (from what I can see)...but the camera angles are a bit odd??? Am I missing something here?

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:05 PM »
I must say it looks great (from what I can see)...but the camera angles are a bit odd??? Am I missing something here?

Thank you. Yes, the intention was to leave a bit to the imagination.....

Clearly not well executed.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21 PM »
LOL - I just thought maybe I was missing something. Must have worked...You have my attention.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Sneak peek videos is a unique way of presenting your project. It gives a better view than using static screenshots, but you don't have to sit through a 15 minute video, especially when your time is limited. I might borrow this technique. ;)

From what I (can almost) see, this parks look good. But I need to see more than just sneak peeks. :mad:up: :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 04:18 PM »
Sneak peek videos is a unique way of presenting your project. It gives a better view than using static screenshots, but you don't have to sit through a 15 minute video, especially when your time is limited. I might borrow this technique. ;)

From what I (can almost) see, this parks look good. But I need to see more than just sneak peeks. :mad:up: :P

Thank you very much. I always think you get more out a reveal if you incorporate the atmosphere of the park too. Music and ambient sounds obviously help that, especially in a Disney park.

I'll reveal more detailed shots soon, just not quite there yet.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 04:12 AM »
Morning,

Just a small update giving a few more strategic shots based on the previous sneak peak videos. Mainly all from Main Street USA & the Central Plaza. As I've said in my previous posts, this area does include various bits and pieces from other creators which I felt were too good not to include, along with my own individual work either messed in or completely separate.

One main feature which I wanted to incorporate into this park was a medium sized Hotel/Inn, to give a unique experience for certain guests. The hotel is located at the end of Main Street USA and overlooks the Central Plaza & castle. It will only house around 150 guests total and will also include a restaurant for use by all park guests.

It also offers fantastic views on your front door.

I will provide some interior shots once it is finished.

As far as attractions go, the only one which has seen significant development is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. This still requires a decent bit of scenery work externally, however the full dark ride section is complete with music & video features.

Thanks for having a look :) I'll leave you with a couple of night shots.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 05:18 AM »
The mainstreet looks fantastic, such a great job! The image editing is superb and I like the presentation of your work so far. It captures the Disney style.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 05:29 AM »
awesome post - - this park looks great

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 12:06 PM »
No fair posting real photos. Planet Coaster screenshots only. :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Looks great!

Looking forward to the mine ride!

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 06:32 AM »

The mainstreet looks fantastic, such a great job! The image editing is superb and I like the presentation of your work so far. It captures the Disney style.

[/size]
[/size]Thank you very much.
[/size]
[/size]

awesome post - - this park looks great

[/size]
[/size]Thank you :)
[/size]
[/size]

No fair posting real photos. Planet Coaster screenshots only. :P

Photoshop is a wonderful tool!

[/size]
[/size]

Looks great!

Looking forward to the mine ride!

[/size]
[/size]Thanks. Hopefully the amount of time spent on individual rides will be worth it in the end!

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Um...damn. That's ridiculous. Best Disney creation I've seen from this game thus far. Wow.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 09:56 AM »
I like the idea of having a hotel in the central plaza. Your execution on this so far has been great!
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 10:33 AM »
Oh my wow! Looks incredible and I cannot wait to see how popular this park is going to be! Good work!

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Oh my wow! Looks incredible and I cannot wait to see how popular this park is going to be! Good work!
I like the idea of having a hotel in the central plaza. Your execution on this so far has been great!
Um...damn. That's ridiculous. Best Disney creation I've seen from this game thus far. Wow.

Thank you very much, it's been time consuming so far but well worth it.

Mine train has been coming along nicely this afternoon, just really most of the external theming & queue line left to do. The ride itself and all the main internal elements are reasonably complete. Although I'm sure I'll mess about with the show sequence another 100 times before opening!

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Just a small update this week to fill you in on the latest additions to the traditional Fantasyland area of the park. As of yet I'm unsure about what to call this area as ultimately I want to theme it around an enchanted style forest, with various Disney characters & stories within it, similar to what you would find in a standard Fantasyland but with a few twists.

Hopefully these two sneak peek shots will give you an idea of what you can expect to find within these woods!

Thanks

Offline L4C Designs

• Coasters are great but dark rides are fun too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 04:45 PM »
I'm jealous.  :closedeyes: This is absolutely amazing! I love everything so far!
Disney Realms - A New Kind of Magic Kingdom - Coming in 2019
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,18972.0.html

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 05:11 AM »
I'm jealous.  :closedeyes: This is absolutely amazing! I love everything so far!

Thank you very much.

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 01:46 AM »
This is looking great so far. I would love to see some more overview pictures though :)

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Simply amazing! This game was an amazing gift to our community! I am loving this concept, that this has been a dream you have always wanted to see realized! I am loving everything about this so far! I gotta say my favorite thing I am seeing is your version of Splash Mountain. It just looks so spot on! I can't wait what other familiar attractions you have plans on recreating! I wonder which version of The Haunted Mansion you plan on doing?! I am seeing a lot of influence from Disneyland Paris, along with The Magic Kingdom so I am really excited to see this progress!

-thylacine

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 03:03 AM »

This is looking great so far. I would love to see some more overview pictures though :)

[/size]
[/size]Thank you. At the moment the overviews are a bit messy (with the exception of Main Street USA). The Central Plaza is only about 70% finished & the Fantasyland area is a bit scattered, with lots of various building elements all over the place that I use. As soon as it is a bit tidier I'll upload a few.
[/size]
[/size]

Simply amazing! This game was an amazing gift to our community! I am loving this concept, that this has been a dream you have always wanted to see realized! I am loving everything about this so far! I gotta say my favorite thing I am seeing is your version of Splash Mountain. It just looks so spot on! I can't wait what other familiar attractions you have plans on recreating! I wonder which version of The Haunted Mansion you plan on doing?! I am seeing a lot of influence from Disneyland Paris, along with The Magic Kingdom so I am really excited to see this progress!

-thylacine

Thank you very much. The Haunted Mansion (Or Haunted Manor as it will be called) will be completely unique in terms of appearance. I originally finished it in RCT3, but not sure if the thread is still active. It will be situated in a small area named "Merry England" or something similar and will be based around an 18th century Victorian country home. It's actually the attraction I am most looking forward to getting started on. 

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Splash Mountain is spot on! I remember my difficulties with recreating that in RCT3. But you’ve captured it perfectly. And I love how even the roof on the mill curves upward as it connects with the mountain.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Mackie1985- I think I remember that park! Thats so cool! Really looking forward to seeing the Haunted Manor materialize!

-thylacine

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 03:32 AM »
I love this project, what a beauty.  I love the way you edited the screenshots. Good job.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 09:12 AM »

I love this project, what a beauty.  I love the way you edited the screenshots. Good job.

Mackie1985- I think I remember that park! Thats so cool! Really looking forward to seeing the Haunted Manor materialize!

-thylacine

Splash Mountain is spot on! I remember my difficulties with recreating that in RCT3. But you’ve captured it perfectly. And I love how even the roof on the mill curves upward as it connects with the mountain.

Thank you.

Just a quick couple of construction images of how Splash Mountain is progressing. In all honesty that has been the most infuriating & pain painstakingly intricate attraction I have ever built! However it is getting there.
Thanks

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 11:49 AM »
This is a really well detailed park that really captures the magic of Disneyland
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 02:18 PM »
I can feel the magic. Splash Mountain looks spectacular, and I hope to get one of the rooms at the hotel! Awesome job Imagineer!

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 07:51 AM »
I can feel the magic. Splash Mountain looks spectacular, and I hope to get one of the rooms at the hotel! Awesome job Imagineer!

This is a really well detailed park that really captures the magic of Disneyland

Thank you very much.

I made a quick alteration to the ride entrance as shown in the quick shot below, hopefully it looks a bit better now as previously I think I was just cutting a corner.

Hoping to have a comprehensive update of the attraction/area as a whole next week.

Thanks

Offline thylacine

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 06:13 PM »
You have really caught the Disney magic! That facade looks pretty spot on! I can't wait to see the ride!

-thylacine