(WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train POV)

• 127 replies

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 12:49 AM »
Beautiful entrance. Really looking forward to your update  :D .
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 07:12 AM »

As promised, here is a comprehensive update on my first fully completed attraction for this project. As well as an outlook for what to expect from this park in the future.

Splash Mountain has been the most infuriating & time consuming ride I have EVER built. However hopefully it is worth it and represents the bench mark for quality that every attraction in this park will be measured against (32 hours in total!) Unfortunately I'm not releasing POV's for this ride as I want it to be left as an unknown for those who eventually (hopefully!) will visit the park. This is probably going to be a standard theme for every attraction.

So without further ado....

The various still images are of the entrance, queue, station & the "Briar Patch" souvenir shop which I included in earlier updates.

Park Masterplan

Just a quick outline layout of how I'm expecting the rest of this area, as well as the park itself to progress. The first image below shows how I'm laying out "Fantasy land" although this is a working title for the area as it will upon completion represent a forest with various different fairytales etc.. The only bit I have yet to decide on is what attraction will sit next to Splash Mountain. Logic dictates that this should be a Winnie The Pooh themed ride but in all honesty, I'm not feeling it! The Fantasmic area is something I have wanted to do for a long time and really looking forward to getting started properly.

The second image below shows how the park will be subdivided. Frontier land is again a working title and won't feature Thunder Mountain, but rather a slightly more intense cart ride whilst still being family friendly. Splash Mountain is positioned where it is to blend the two areas together nicely.

Future World will be the biggest individual area and will feature a couple of more intense attractions, including Mission Space & the ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.

I've stated before about subdividing the park to allow the level of detail required to not be a struggle on even the most powerful computers. This will be done via 3 individual game files:
1)Main Street USA & Fantasyland
2) Frontier land, Merrie England & Adventure land
3) Future World

This will also allow future expansion to be easier. I have no timescales for release and in all honesty to get it to the standard I want, it will likely be Christmas!
Thanks for taking the time to have a look  :)

[EDIT: As you may be aware from other forum posts, there is some debate as to the authenticity of my own work for this attraction alone. I've stated several times in the past that I have used various bits and pieces of others work which I thought deserved to be put in a park and to which I also felt was of a decent standard. The only reason I may not have accredited by names, is because I didn't have a list of what I had used. I have at no time declared this is all my own work.

However on that note, it should be mentioned that the track layout (which I altered considerably), the wheel house and a couple of other small bits & pieces were used from a previous released version of this ride as a recreation from Disneyland in Anaheim. Every other element of the ride and surrounding area, including queue line, entrances, station, back show areas and all shops/buildings etc are original and from my own work.

I take a huge amount of pride in the work I produce and although I am keen to use elements from others, I take no credit for everything, simply the finished whole.

Thanks]

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:33 PM by Mackie1985 »

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Splash Mountain Update & Park Overview)
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 04:09 AM »
That´s a huge and outstanding Disney creation. I like the view on Splash Mountain on the first picture. Looks incredible. The whole park seperation is fantastic and if this park will be finished it must be legendary!

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2018, 05:40 PM »
That´s a huge and outstanding Disney creation. I like the view on Splash Mountain on the first picture. Looks incredible. The whole park seperation is fantastic and if this park will be finished it must be legendary!

Thank you very much.

I caved in on the other unknown attraction and got a sudden burst of desire to build a small dark ride. Probably will work out quite well as a learning curve for later, bigger dark rides.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Looks amazing! I know in RCT3 I am considering Mission Space in Tomorrowland. Definitely a great looking park and hopefully you know that everybody has a laughing place!

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2018, 02:46 AM »
Looks amazing! I know in RCT3 I am considering Mission Space in Tomorrowland. Definitely a great looking park and hopefully you know that everybody has a laughing place!

Thanks. It's not planned to be a clone of the Epcot attraction, just using the name.

This popped up on my news feed earlier today. I think it's around 6 years old. My first sketches of the Haunted Manor. I don't really think it's deviated from this initial idea very much. Looking forward to getting started on it!

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Sorry if the answer is obvious, but your Winnie-the-Pooh sign kind of intrigued me... it looks like a transparent billboard, which we don't have.  Did you photoshop the image over an image that matches the walls?  It also has the 3-d effect of sticking out from the walls as well.  However you did it, great stuff.  Everything you've shown so far is great, including some very photo-realistic images of Splash Mountain.   :up:

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Sorry if the answer is obvious, but your Winnie-the-Pooh sign kind of intrigued me... it looks like a transparent billboard, which we don't have.  Did you photoshop the image over an image that matches the walls?  It also has the 3-d effect of sticking out from the walls as well.  However you did it, great stuff.  Everything you've shown so far is great, including some very photo-realistic images of Splash Mountain.   :up:

Thanks very much.

Yeah exactly that. It's the desired wall texture (painted wood) with the logo then photoshopped over it and various filters/effects. I did the same for a few other bits I.e. the Splash Mountain entrance sign and some wall features. Takes a bit if messing around with final colours in game but does the job.

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 03:20 PM »

Just a small update on some TLC the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has been receiving today. Only really the last part of the queue line to finish up and ride No. 2 is complete.........

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 04:05 PM »
Those pics are absolutely breath taking! Such a beautiful ride!

-thylacine

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Great pics. I want to see more of the interior though. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline 787Dreamliner

• Lemme just go to Tokyo Disney Sea for that matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Is there no castle or yes? but great job so far :)

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 04:15 AM »
Is there no castle or yes? but great job so far :)

Thanks. No there is, earlier posts have some pics etc.

Great pics. I want to see more of the interior though. ;)

Thanks. All in good time  ;)

Those pics are absolutely breath taking! Such a beautiful ride!

-thylacine

Thank you very much. There's not much I haven't enjoyed about building that one.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39 AM »
You really are taking this game to the next level. Wonderful, beautiful project!  :up: :up: :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Hopefully I don't get stuck at the top of the highest lift hill again...  ::)

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Hopefully I don't get stuck at the top of the highest lift hill again...  ::)

Hope not!

You really are taking this game to the next level. Wonderful, beautiful project!  :up: :up: :up:

Thanks very much. Your work is great so I appreciate the comment  :)

I've added a couple of interior shots as per Shyguy's request. They're all working shots so will inevitably be touched up at some point.

The main problem I'm having is with the light on the lead car. It completely ruins any atmosphere when it comes to the dark sections and is making it a nightmare to design around. I've also come to the conclusion that until CS can be added to this game in some format, creating realistic, to scale animatronics or figurines is near impossible! So for this ride, as with Splash Mountain, I've relied largely on WebM screens. Hopefully this will change one day but until then it seems to get the best results.

Suggestions/ideas on how to tackle this are always welcome!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2018, 02:01 PM »
This is just jaw dropping. I am just amazed at the level of detail you have put into the queue and it is just WOW! I hope you have a fastpass system ready!

Offline gavt1976

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2018, 02:37 PM »
I have to say that I am loving this style of the park mate, I am looking forward to seeing what else you are going to do as well. :)

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Love the details :love:. I can almost hear the whistling of the dwarfs :D.
I'm glad that i'm in the prime of my health and i spend every single day in front of a glowing rectangle.

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2018, 07:12 AM »
This is just jaw dropping. I am just amazed at the level of detail you have put into the queue and it is just WOW! I hope you have a fastpass system ready!

I have to say that I am loving this style of the park mate, I am looking forward to seeing what else you are going to do as well. :)

Love the details :love: . I can almost hear the whistling of the dwarfs :D .

Thanks guys, it's always nice to receive compliments.

Been hoping to do a big update but a little bit behind. Hopefully beginning of next week. Until then I have a few pictures showing some progress. The Dwarfs have a new neighbour (essentially demanded by my daughter!) and a few buildings are now taking shape.

Mad Hatter's Tea Party is also complete.

Thanks

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2018, 01:20 PM »
most awesome buildings I have seen yet

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2018, 03:17 AM »
The facades look awesome, the last picture is superb. I love that fantasy style. Great pictures!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2018, 05:54 AM »
This is Disney in every picture and detail. Absolutley mind-blowing creations and brilliant in every way.
It´s magical!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2018, 08:52 AM »
most awesome buildings I have seen yet

The facades look awesome, the last picture is superb. I love that fantasy style. Great pictures!

This is Disney in every picture and detail. Absolutley mind-blowing creations and brilliant in every way.
It´s magical!

greetz
zeroG

Cheers guys, really nice comments. Makes the tedious moments of the build worthwhile!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:39 AM by Mackie1985 »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2018, 07:06 PM »
Very beautiful. I can only imagine the sounds that guests get to enjoy if they truly sit back and relax. Considering your most recent photo, I am thinking of an instrumental of I'm Wishing/One Song from Snow White. Just one of those peaceful Disney moments. Magical work!

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2018, 05:12 AM »
Very beautiful. I can only imagine the sounds that guests get to enjoy if they truly sit back and relax. Considering your most recent photo, I am thinking of an instrumental of I'm Wishing/One Song from Snow White. Just one of those peaceful Disney moments. Magical work!

Thanks.

I had really hoped to have a more comprehensive update by now along with Phase 1 of buildings for this area being complete, but I'm finding it's taking a lot longer to get them how I want. So unfortunately I only have a small update of how things are progressing.

The main eatery for this area is about 80% complete and hopefully it's looking ok. Other buildings/shops have progressed on further. They are deliberately meant to appear 'quirky' and slightly odd in appearance, which has been a challenge!

Thanks

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59 AM »
Wonderful shots as always, the magical vibe you create within these pictures is incredible. I love that.

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Wonderful shots as always, the magical vibe you create within these pictures is incredible. I love that.

:)  Thanks. Good to know I'm doing something right.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2018, 02:44 PM »

:)  Thanks. Good to know I'm doing something right.

You are doing about everything right :up: . great pictures again.

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2018, 07:24 AM »

You are doing about everything right :up: . great pictures again.

Thank you very much!