(WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train POV)

• 127 replies

Offline RCTSpanky

• Old RCT fart :)
    • View Profile

Thanks very much.

Yeah exactly that. It's the desired wall texture (painted wood) with the logo then photoshopped over it and various filters/effects. I did the same for a few other bits I.e. the Splash Mountain entrance sign and some wall features. Takes a bit if messing around with final colours in game but does the job.

Really love your jobs on the logos and the walls too. I need always to darken my pictures very much to match the colors of the walls etc. Did you use some special settings to match the colors of the walls and have this brighten colors in your logos?

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Collaboration & TOT Walkthrough)
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2018, 06:28 PM »
This is awesome! I feel Tower Of Terror needs a five minute drop sequence to make guests go crazy! Amazing job and I am super happy to see this come to life in Planet Coaster!

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Really love your jobs on the logos and the walls too. I need always to darken my pictures very much to match the colors of the walls etc. Did you use some special settings to match the colors of the walls and have this brighten colors in your logos?

Thanks. I tend to do it through 3 steps:

1) Pick the colour you want in game but a bit darker.
2) Photoshop etc. but make sure you save the Jpeg with the ICC profile checked (should be on the save screen bottom right corner) otherwise it comes out very bright and washed out
3) Adjust surrounding colours back in game slightly to match the new billboard.

I also tend to dop shadows/overlays etc in photoshop to give it a bit of depth
Hope that helps

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2018, 10:30 AM »

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2018, 03:40 AM »
Fantastic work here, the Disney atmosphere is beautiful! Very cool billboard... and the tiltshift effects on the previous pictures are lovely. :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Fantastic work here, the Disney atmosphere is beautiful! Very cool billboard... and the tiltshift effects on the previous pictures are lovely. :)

Thanks very much.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, my 2nd child turned up a week early and it's been a bit hectic!

I've managed to get a few more hours work done in the last few days however and the ride itself is now complete, whilst the area of the park it's located is shaping up nicely  :)

A nice promo shot of Hollywood Hills Boulevard below as well as a completed overview of the ride itself. I'm hoping to run clash detection checks soon and possibly look to release the ride itself as a standalone element prior to the park completion later this year.

Hope you like  :)

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2018, 07:36 AM »
Simply jaw dropping!

Thank you.

I've been working away on these two individual parks a lot recently in my spare time. I'm pretty happy with progress to Fantasyland (still a working title and can't decide on a more fitting name!) and hoping to have it and Main Street USA, which form the 1st download for the whole park, complete within the coming weeks.

Just a quick couple of shots showing how it's progressing on.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2018, 08:14 PM »
This park looks really nice, I think, but it's hard to tell with the blur around the edges of the pics, which obscures a lot of the details.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2018, 09:06 AM »
This park looks really nice, I think, but it's hard to tell with the blur around the edges of the pics, which obscures a lot of the details.

Thanks, I think lol  :-\

I'd argue that the slight blur effect doesn't really detract from any of the images, however I'll note it for next time

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2018, 06:02 AM »

Seven Dwarfs full POV coming Friday 3rd August
(or sooner if I get my act together!)

Really excited to share a full POV and off-ride footage of my centre piece attraction for this area! It's the result of about 6 months hard work, constant redesigning & endless amounts of tweaks.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2018, 12:18 AM »
Can't wait! :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train POV

Excuse a bit of dodgy camera work for parts of it but this is my first POV and offride footage of this attraction.

There are a couple of tweaks with audio to fix and adjusting for a 3 train service but hopefully it's on the right track  :)

Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train POV)
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2018, 01:14 PM »
nice looking coaster and real close to a perfect recreation. The Mardi Gras like dwarfs (with the huge heads) are a bit much, but they made me laugh.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Awesome job! I love the level of detail within the attraction and the surrounding area. A perfect fit in your park!

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2018, 02:01 PM »
nice looking coaster and real close to a perfect recreation. The Mardi Gras like dwarfs (with the huge heads) are a bit much, but they made me laugh.

Haha thanks. They're actually a workshop creation from someone else (can't remember who at this moment) but they were better than leaving it bare and much better than what I could try and put together.

Awesome job! I love the level of detail within the attraction and the surrounding area. A perfect fit in your park!

Thank you :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2018, 02:20 PM »
Lovely rendition of the ride. Yes, the dwarf figures were a bit jarring, but I got a chuckle out of it. It's always interesting to see how people get around the limitations of the game. What we need is an animatronics DLC set. But it would have to contain 1000's of figures to be complete. :P

All the more reason to open the game up to the modding community and allow UGC.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2018, 04:19 PM »
WOW!  OUTSTANDING ride, Mackie!  The coaster itself is fun and its scenery, plus that of the surrounding area and visible in the background, is just phenomenal!

I loved the dwarf heads, personally, for 2 reasons.  One, they're quite good as sculptures but I especially liked how you faked them being animatronics by imprisoning entertainers down in the mine.  Genius, LOL!  Best part is, you can cut their pay to zero and they can't quit because they can't escape :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Very clever! Looks just like the original!

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Very clever! Looks just like the original!

Thanks, although it's not a recreation it does have similarities and some of the originals elements.

WOW!  OUTSTANDING ride, Mackie!  The coaster itself is fun and its scenery, plus that of the surrounding area and visible in the background, is just phenomenal!

I loved the dwarf heads, personally, for 2 reasons.  One, they're quite good as sculptures but I especially liked how you faked them being animatronics by imprisoning entertainers down in the mine.  Genius, LOL!  Best part is, you can cut their pay to zero and they can't quit because they can't escape :D

Thanks  :) The park itself (Just Main Street USA & Fantasyland for this saved game) are getting to be pretty big! I'm going to do a walk round the 2 of them when they're complete prior to uploading it to the workshop as I want to wait till the other areas are complete in their own saved games before releasing the park as a whole with all 6 lands.

Lovely rendition of the ride. Yes, the dwarf figures were a bit jarring, but I got a chuckle out of it. It's always interesting to see how people get around the limitations of the game. What we need is an animatronics DLC set. But it would have to contain 1000's of figures to be complete. :P

All the more reason to open the game up to the modding community and allow UGC.

Thank you. Yeah I had a decision of including something that people would probably enjoy and get a laugh from, or try and include more animated billboards which would eat up a lot of processing power and not accomplish what I wanted very easily. So in the end I went with the former.

If modding is opened up for this then it will get a suitable upgrade in the future  ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys.

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2018, 06:19 AM »
Unfortunately it's been pretty quiet over here for the last few weeks.....

However work is finally well underway again.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Gorgeous :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2018, 03:46 PM »
OMG!!!!! IT's XANADU!!!!!!!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2018, 05:51 AM »
Gorgeous :)

Cheers  :)

OMG!!!!! IT's XANADU!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

Finally got round to sequencing the 2nd elevator shaft today! About 30 display sequencers and 100's of indvidual elements but finally, they both work independently!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Did you mean just to show just a fixed exterior view or did you really want to show us the ride you've been working so hard on?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Your green building....it looks like Xanadu.........google it. 1980s movie. Yes it was an actual building, but they used it in that movie. Anyway, it's gorgeous.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2018, 10:23 PM »
I saw the elevator move. It is a very promising video.

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2018, 12:16 AM »
Did you mean just to show just a fixed exterior view or did you really want to show us the ride you've been working so hard on?

Yeah, it's just to show both elevators testing independently. There's a full POV and walkthrough a few posts up  :)

Your green building....it looks like Xanadu.........google it. 1980s movie. Yes it was an actual building, but they used it in that movie. Anyway, it's gorgeous.

Ahh yeah, wasn't intentional but a happy coincidence.

I saw the elevator move. It is a very promising video.

Thanks

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2018, 01:14 PM »
The atmosphere is so real! Fantastic pictures and buildings! And I'm impressed by your FPS, as seen in the videoclip.  :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2018, 02:52 PM »
That is SOOOOOOOOOo cool to watch!!!

Actually, Xanadu was filmed at the old Pan-Pacific Auditorium (which later burned down), which is the same building Disney based it's Studios park entrances on.