SGW Winter Competition 2018 - Challenge #4 Tier Two Entries (Winners Posted)

• 22 replies

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile

Challenge #4 Tier Two Entrees

Goal: Build a new attraction

Post your entries for Challenge #4 here. This is for Tier Two entrants only. The maximum number of screenshots is 8, plus one optional POV. The deadline to enter this challenge is the end of the day, Tuesday, Feb. 13th. Good luck to everyone.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:23 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: SGW Winter Competition 2018 - Challenge #4 Tier Two Entries
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:06 AM »
Hello there from Swiss Valley

Wow i was thinking i missed the deadline by yesterday. but its today :) so iam a bit in a hurry because i have vacation, but i still managed to get something done :) We at Swiss Valley had the time and the plans to expand our portfolio of rides. well we didnt have much money, and the Coaster still has diggin a deep hole in our finance, but we managed to get an old Star from back in the days to our park!

you can see it in the back right! Yes its KICKFLIP! we have located the kick Flip behind the go kart track. So that as you can see has the consequence that we redesigned the track of our gokart. And on the left you see a construction wall (Credit for the construction vehicles goes to NEMMIE!!)

here you can see the new overpass for the go karts and the small "cave" where the cars go under the other :)
In the back you see another shot of an upcoming new atraction in the next few weeks (credit for the CAT also goes to NEMMIE)

there he is, the new attraction KICK FLIP!

Overview of the new small plaza. 3 new shops where added 1 Food 1 drink and 1 Souvenir!

here you see another stairway to sit down have a break, watch the peeps on the Kickflip or just wait for your kids to get of the new attraction.

So this was it from Week 4! I hope you guys like it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Special BONUS Pic because iam really proud of it. Here is a Picture of my new entrance:

Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:33 AM »
Welcome back to MicroPolis Gardens.

A new Rollercoaster has arisen and it's taken it's place just between MicroGolf and MicroKarts. A new path has been created as a walk up to this new ride, and a choose a more natural looking path, since this seems to be the heart of the arboretum part of the park, in my view it blended the whole area together.

For this park i choose to go with an Eurofighter, exactly the type of coaster that fits these kinds of smaller parks, given the amounts of thrills it has on such a small footprint. The layout is quite generic, and the workshop is riddled with quite good versions of this specific layout, however i choose to create this one by myself. Not an easy task, coaster building is not my best developed quality, and in this style of coaster somewhere along the ride you need to change to a 2 tube coaster track, which, strangely enough, PC does not equip with the heartline slider. That heartline roll was a biatch. however im quite happy with the outcome. It certainly blends great with the rest of the park.

On the other side of the park, the outside area had been the topic of discussion. The Wirly Rig was not ready to be substituted yet for a new ride, since budget did not allow it. However this area was a little behind in development, so i did decide to make some changes area. The area in front of the Wirly Rig used to be a little plaza, but since we have a plaza in front of MicroKarts and in The Boulevard. 3 Seemed to be a little bit to much of a good thing. We adjusted this Area, to better connect to the rest of the park, and who knows, maybe i'll get a chance to substitute the Whirly Rig for something better later.

The park is getting quite jam packed now, and an overview would be quitte nice by now:

Now for the finale. I've been wondering whether to include this, since i might run a risk with this... I've created a POV but my PC is totally not handling this, i used a few methods that we're pointed out to me, and admittedly this created the best result i could have wished for, however, its still not great. There are some stutters in the video, (the lifthill is the worst), however i did wanna give you a taste of what the ride experience is like.

See you guys next time!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:52 AM by AnubisLive »

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Ruggles Family Park

Things continue to go well here at Ruggles and we have afforded another addition to our park in an effort to utilize all of our space and to add more for the younger guest we have added a new, this time it actually is, Children’s Roller Coaster.
Positioned towards the back wall of the park we have extended the desert themed area and sponsored a local colleges students to design and build our rides new mascot Desmond Dragon!
Lets sneak in and take a peek!

I don’t think he has spotted us yet! This is a good chance to check out the new station. Very basic but I wanted it to be simple, affordable and vibrant!

Here he is from Sandstorms exit bridge!

OH! He’s seen us!

Okay, I will stop goofing around. Here is a shot from the top of the lift hill and the back of the coaster with sleeping Desmond.

Here is an overview of the ride and queue, demonstrating the track and path layouts.

Here is an overview of the whole park. Some walls have been added in an attempt to tie some of the areas together as the park is a little bit uncoordinated at the moment and though it is hard to see from above the foliage has really grown in more fully in the mini-golf course.

Kind Regards

The Ruggles
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline champ01

• i live for the meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Welcome back to McSmall's Amusement Park! Our park has been generating quite a bit of revenue now, so we can afford some new investments for our guests to enjoy. This season we have a brand new attraction that we're very excited to show you all!

Say hello to Drop Zone, a 75 foot tall S&S Turbo Drop! We are a family park, so we always make sure each ride is suitable for the whole family. This incredible ride has enough of a scare for the adults, but isn't intense enough to scare the kids away. It also features some incredible night lighting, as you can see in the picture above.

Along with the new ride, we have also expanded the park a little bit. The park is now a full loop around the main building, which allows guests to go to locations in the park with ease. We have also added several food shops and a queue with a cover for the new attraction. As you can see, it looks stunning in the day and the night.

We have also built a brand new gift shop for our beautiful attraction with some interesting architecture and matching colors.

A closer view of the new shops.

We also now have a full-fledged food court for all the guest to sit down and enjoy their food. This is located directly to the left of the new shops.

And finally, a overview of the park taken with a drone. From here you can see the full loop that the park has become.

We hope you have enjoyed our new drop tower and surrounding area! Thanks again from McSmall's Amusement Park

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Hanscom Gardens
Welcome back! The last few months have been quite succesful here at Hanscom Gardens, the days of the old Fun Center are long gone, and people just keep coming and seem to be delighted with the work the ownership has put into the park. In order to maintain the interest in our park, we are thrilled to announce our newest addition:
Stanley River Falls!

This brand new attraction is a log flume that will allow our visitors  to explore Stanley River and its famous falls. Located next to FireFly, the park has decided to follow the National Park theme fot this subsection of the park.

Those who dare venture the river will have to go to the Adventure Tours visitor center, where they will be able to board one of the many rafts that tour the river.

The park has put a lot of effort into this ride, and it shows right from the begining and even in the station! It has been a big investment, but we hope it pays off.
Let's take a look at the layout of the ride:

Right off the station visitors are reminded to follow basic safety rules, before being splashed by one of our water jets!

Here's a look at the first drop and the area following it, a quiet camping area in the middle of the park.

Shortly afterwards, guests will pass next to a small fall and then they will be faced with a climb that will take them to the top of the falls.

The observation deck built next to the final drop offers great views of the ride and the firewatch tower the park has built, but be cautious, you may get wet!

And here is an overview showing tha back half of the park, with its newest addition.

Lastly, the park has released a promotinal POV for the ride, here it is:

At Hanscom Gardens we are looking forward to what the future has to bring and we hope you all have enjoyed our latest developments

*I am really sorry for the lack of audio in the POV, I didn't have enough time to complete it.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:27 PM by Zurg »
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Hi all and welcome back at Family Fun Center.

There has been a lot of construction going on as they build a new ride and a parking deck for the staff.
On the next shot you can see the driveway to the new deck. There is even a guard at the top that checks if you are allowed to park there. In the background you can see the new ride.

The whole area has been transformed to a tropical oases.
We have the ride itself here with a lot of foliage behind and next to it but also 2 new buildings with shops.

Careful those pirates mean business

The biggest surprise was that they added the coaster in this new area. In a survey that was held with the guest it was concluded that people didn't like the looks of it as of its theming. So they build a whole new station for it and a tunnel for the go-karts. Also the added two small tunnels on the tracks and when you are returning to the station it almost feels like you are in the jungle.

For some extra entertainment they have added a small band where you can sit and enjoy your drink.

Here is a shot from within the coaster. there were extra plants ordered to cover the floor but they were delayed(rumour has it that they didn't have the budget for them at the time.)

And to end this show we have 2 overview night shots so you can see the whole area. Also the park is now a complete circle so you never can say you can't find the exit.

(Sorry for the delay in the pics something went wrong edit should have fixed it)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:13 PM by paterdave2 »

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Thats a great improvement peterdave2!!

Champ01 - I am fanboying hard on that ride/park right now...

My friends PC that I use for this bust so I only had one day to do this challenge and I can see where I rushed it in a few of the pics.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:49 PM »
Welcome back to Cooper Park.  Can you believe its been 4 whole seasons since we reopened our gates?! With our new extended calendar, we have really boosted our income to be able to keep adding new thrills for you every season!  This season we once again pulled out all the stops and really expanded our park to realize our dream of having an amazing, well rounded theme park.  So without further fuss, let's see what kind of changes Cooper Park has undergone.

This drone has proven to be handy, this is an awesome shot of our brand new area, Plaza de Festivales.  Which means Plaza of Festivals.  Bright, colorful, and full of fun!

Once you enter the plaza, you're greeted with some great new food options.  Tacos, burritos, and of course, margaritas!

As we walk further into town we see the real attraction calling our names.  Let's go have a ride!

The look of an authentic Spanish village has really been achieved here.  So beautiful.

The entrance to Tres is an old abandoned jail.  It's been overgrown and now it's where you can wait for this brand new ride.  Can't wait!

Waiting in line you get incredible angles of Tres.  Looks so fun!

As we exit Tres we can see into the park.  How great the last few seasons have been for us.

One last drone shot before the night ends.  Hope you have enjoyed touring the park again.  I hope you have a wonderful night!  See you soon!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 11:48 PM »
some great entrys! i love the enthusiasm of tier 2 great to be a part of!

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Thats a great improvement paterdave2!!

Thanks. I just loved this and must say the next challenge is more up my sleeve I have some nice thoughts I want to do before we get the last pics and the parc out there.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 02:36 PM »
I can see how the last challenge might appeal. Personally I am the opposite. Like...I love the restrictions and now there is total freedom and I want to curl into the fetal position ha ha ha

I am enjoying it too but also AHHHHHH!

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 05:22 PM »
Tier Two Winners for Challenge #4

1st Place - Zurg - 28 pts

2nd Place - champ01 - 24 pts

3rd Place - DragsterDan1987 - 19 pts

Total Scores for Challenge #4

Zurg - 28 pts
Champ 01 - 24 pts
DragsterDan1987 - 19 pts
AnubisLive - 10 pts
Paterdave2 - 9 pts
JayBlastOne - 6 pts
FCP-Rug - 6 pts

How points were awarded...
We have 6 judges for this competition. Each judge chose a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Runner Up. Each member who entered this challenge received 1 point per judge, unless they placed. 2 points were awarded for each Runner Up vote, 3 points for each 3rd Place, 4 points for each 2nd Place, and 5 points for each 1st Place. Each entry could received a minimum of 6 points and a maximum of 30 points.

Total scores for entire competition so far.

Zurg - 85 pts
DragsterDan1987 - 68 pts
Champ 01 - 63 pts
Mikikiwasha - 44 pts
Muiyara - 35 pts
AnubisLive -32 pts
JayBlastOne - 30 pts
FCP-Rug - 28 pts
Paterdave2 - 27 pts

As always - great entries all around. Can't wait to see the final changes.

Here is my feedback/comments on the latest submissions.

1st – Champ01
Great “fake” drop tower build. The new shops look great. Picnic area is a good addition and I don’t see this much in parks others are building in the game. The overall park layout looks amazing and flows nicely which is one of the stronger reasons I gave the win to this entry this time.

2nd – Zurg
The log flume was a great addition. A simple design, but with nice theme and fits well in a park like this. Reminds me of a flume that was added in a small park in Wisconsin Dells many years ago. Over all details are very strong and park layout flows really well.

3rd – Dragsterdan1987
Love the look of the new plaza area. The overall Spanish theme is making this park really come together now. The new flat ride was a minor addition, but fits in the park nicely.

Extra – Paterdave2
The employee parking deck is great. Swing ship addition and a more cohesive pirate theme throughout is why this entry got the extra credit this time around. The band was a nice touch…while this was kind of over used early in the game’s life…I haven’t seen it used lately. Kind of nostalgic.

Feedback on other in now particular order:
Jayblastone – New entrance was very well done and looks very realistic. The construction walls with the posters was a great detail to add. The flat ride added was good, but just good, which is why this entry didn’t rank higher on the list.

Anubislive – The coaster addition was good as well as the multi-tier parking garage. The problem I had with this entry is it was hard to really see any detail that was done in this park with the photos submitted.

FCP-rug – Nice dragon coaster. Basic theme of this ride, but it works in the park well. The upgrade/growth of the vegetation in the mini golf area was a great idea, just wish I could have seen it better.

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
Wow! I'm so glad I placed first!
There was some quality work once more for this challenge, in my opinion both Champ and DragsterDan's were really strong entries.
Can't wait to see how everyone finishes their parks and visit all of them for the last challenge.
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

Congrats Zurg!!!!! As soon as I saw your entry I knew you were gonna be in first place. What an awesome entry man!!!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
thnx @wowmanrct for your feedback :) yeah iam totally proud of my new entrance :) and about the flatty i know what you mean :)

GG to the top3 great entrys as alwayse!

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Great feedback again and congratulations to the winners and runner up!!! Totally deserved positions imo.

Can't wait to see the final parks!!!

Extra – Paterdave2
The employee parking deck is great. Swing ship addition and a more cohesive pirate theme throughout is why this entry got the extra credit this time around. The band was a nice touch…while this was kind of over used early in the game’s life…I haven’t seen it used lately. Kind of nostalgic.

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps to get more insparation. I hope the other judges who had given us their feedback will also do it for this challenge.

Here's how I voted:

1st - champ.   Much like in Tier 1, I felt that adding a well done custom flat was one of the more ambitious things to take on in this challenge, and per the challenge requirements the judges really needed to put our primary focus on the one new added attraction.  Adding a flat with a small footprint is a great way to utilize the remaining space.  In addition, this is just a good-looking park with great architecture and details and all of the provided screenshots showed that.

2nd - Zurg.  There's so much to like about this log flume.  Also an ambitious task given the amount of theming put in, and also a great use of space by wrapping it around the golf course.  I saw some extra park space in your overhead; I do hope you come up with a good way to utilize that in your final download.

3rd - DragsterDan.  Best theming of an existing flat ride in this tier.  Another good-looking park overall which he featured well in this update, not seeing a lot that will need to be done to finish the park but I'm hoping for some fun surprises.

runner up:  anubislive.  I gave him runner up for being on time with his entry (just kidding.)  Adding a coaster of this size without having to remove anything significant is noteworthy.  It's a fun coaster and I really liked the custom supports on that helix; it's a detail that catches the eye on and off-ride.

If I could've given a 2nd runner up this week it would have been peterdave.  I know "could've" is kind of worthless but I wanted to note the significant improvements made to the park overall.  Some smart decisions there: architecture and theming are now so much better and the whole park is more cohesive, which I think were main issues I had prior. 

jayblast: Your new attraction didn't do much to elevate your entry, but I did like a lot of other stuff: The path details and the retaining wall up to the go carts are great.  I did not hate your previous entrance but I do like the improvements.  And that construction wall suggests maybe you have some big plans to finish this off, anxious to see what they are.

FCP-rug:  LOVE the overhead, this park has a great layout.  The new attraction is ok, didn't give me any "wow" moment though.  The queue is great, and usually I like a unified palette but I felt like matching the one focal point of the dragon to the track color sort of washed it all out, if that makes sense.   [Edit: just read that you had computer/time issues... I think that explains everything I just wrote.  Hope it all gets worked out for you because I'm anxious to see this park up close.]

Hope I didn't forget anyone, yell at me if I did.  And feel free to ask for more feedback if you want it, keeping in mind that 5 other judges might have entirely different opinions from mine :)  Good luck to all!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
thnx JP for your feedback. Well there is a big project coming, but i dont know if i can finish it haha :D
But i definitly will try! (hint:it will be something INDOOR)

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
JayBlastOne - More great landscaping and the new entrance looks great. The new flat ride was okay, but it seemed just stuck in the back of the park with minimal themeing.

AnubisLive - The new coaster looked good and you did a great job squeezing it into the park and making it work. Lots of nice landscaping as well. I gave you Runner-Up.

FCP-Rug - I liked the new coaster and the dragon gave it some personality. The station wasn't very attractive and themeing was pretty minimal, which is why this didn't place higher.

champ01 - It took me a while to realize the Drop Zone was custom built, as I don't use flat rides in my parks much. So the fact that you fooled me counted for a lot.;) The new vendors and food court looked very nice as well. I gave you 2nd Place.

Zurg - The new log ride was beautiful. It was perfectly themed, without being over the top or too expensive. The way you utilize your space is top notch. I gave you 1st Place.

paterdave2 - I love the way you've gone back and re-themed many areas of the park to give it a much more cohesive look. This park has improved so much since the start of the competition. Your new flat ride works well with the themeing, and it has nice landscaping. You might have placed higher but the competition was too fierce.

DragsterDan1987 - I love the new Plaza de Festivales. It is bright and colorful and is an excellent addition to your park. But it overshadows your flat ride, which was supposed to be the focus of this competition. What also bothers me is that there is no viewing area for the ride, as it's hidden in the back. Nonetheless, I gave you 3rd Place.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Thanks again for the feedback! Yeah, I only had one day to work on it cause of PC probs amongst other irl problems but regardless I will defo be able to submit the park.

I am so nervous about posting coasters cause I am not so skilled at building them but I wanted to try and do another one just to push myself. I enjoyed it though so that was cool. The lack of detail was half that and half trying to not go overboard on spending. I didn't have enough time to think of a good and affordable idea so the feedback makes a lot of sense here.

I SO TOTALLY nearly changed the dragon or the track colours because of them being too samey!! Ha ha ha!

Great entries everyone and thanks for taking the time to give your feedback!