The Trial

• 28 replies
The Trial
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:10 PM »
DISCLAIMER - Dear members of shyguysworld, fans of PC and themed park, I am happy to get back to this game after a while out due to moving from the east coast to the west coast of Canada. Also needed a bit of time off to have you(and me) recover from the flood I posted about O-Mega Mall Canada.

:D :o :D
-------------------------------

Welcome to all, very happy to see you stopping by. This is my second PC project. Wish you like it, having fun reading me writing about the construction process. Usual to myself, I will write long, read you all, reply and provide the public with tons of details. I plan about 200 hours of building for this one, of which 10 have been spent already.

While off, I have closely watch many wonderful creations either from here, STEAM or youtube to gather ideas and motivation to start a new project.

This upcoming park is glouriously called THE TRIAL, as it's featuring a mix theme about the bridge of death(souls) and opposition. The Park has four distinct area: Mid Earth, The Tribunal of Souls, Above and Below. Main feature(is) will be a Bridge of Souls and the station connecting Mid Earth with the rest of the Park. Without delay, here are the first three pictures about it:

Above is the Park's name made of edge along the center wall of a train(called SOUL EXPRESS) station for souls awaiting trial of dead people. It goes  across the Bridge of Souls to the TRIBUNAL OF SOULS. Three ways of going across, the train, the slow and classic soul boat or simply walking to it.

Work has just started on complicated construction parts, above is the RAINBOW ROAD, leading two monorails to ABOVE. There is also a plan for a FIRE ROAD, with 2 more monorails going down to BELOW. It will be worked on more later.

This picture above show the EARLY layout for the park. Take notice about the halfway built MID EARTH area at the far left back. While the canyon will be the BELOW area, while the mesa will be featuring Above. Across the bridge from Earth sits the Tribunal of Souls, where souls are directed Above or Below after their life trial. Zooming in on the picture, one can notice the connector Bridge of Souls, which is currently about 1/4 built, missing the soul boat ride. Also, you can see the 2 ruler aid used for construction far back, down in the canyon.

Thank you for following this construction, as it's been on my mind a long time. I am very excited to take on this new project, for which I matured the idea a long time, involving a brainstorming with our dear shyguysworld co-member bullethead. That was back when I was building O-Mega Mall Canada(featured on this site).

For reference later: standing at 123 like given to my first park, before this project started to be posted. Also, I wish for you all to understand this park is NOT ABOUT RELIGION, but duality.

All comments, suggestions or critics are welcome and highly appreciated.

Cheers to all from the cold Canadian northern rocky mountains, with love.

Abbittibbi.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:22 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Re: The Trial
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:38 PM »
NOTICE: This post to be edited during construction
UPDATED: July 3rd 2018

THE TRIAL Park statistics:

-Buildings: 153/?
-Flat rides: 9/?
-Track rides: 2/3
-Coasters: 2/8
-Transports: 3/3
-Shops: 16/?
-Staff members: 19/?
-Scenery pieces: 83 795/?
-Time spent building in hours: 67/200
-Firework show: 0/3
-Custom rides/scenery ride: 0/4
-Brain damaged GM: 1/1

PARK AREAS THEMES(may change):
-Mid Earth:-The four waves
                -Dead End
                -Soul Express Station
                -Bridge of Souls

-The Tribunal of Souls: -Court
                                  -Souls Triage
-Above
-Below

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:52 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 04:54 PM »
This sounds like quite a unique project. I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this.

And welcome back. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:41 PM »
Very ambitious.  And the whole concept supports the idea that what we do here is art, not just game-playing.

Welcome back, indeed.  Congrats on your move and looking forward to hearing more from you.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 03:40 PM »
First things first, thank you for dropping by this project. Very nice indeed to see you. This project will be presented at night.

Here is today's screenshot, park stats updated. You can click on it to zoom in:

The above night shot show a partially built BRIDGE OF SOULS. 3 ways across, being the boat, train or on foot.

You can take notice of my construction ruler aid as well a set of light used while building. Phase two of the bridge, superstructure, is complete. Now working on phase 3, which consist of the bridge understructure, which can be seen in highlight down at bottom of the canyon. Phase 4 of the bridge will consist in all missing lights, along with the SOUL EXPRESS station, this is my centerpiece. White and fushia(red/brown) are two main colors of the MID EARTH and BRIDGE OF SOUL.

I have completed some details on the SOUL EXPRESS train station, as well as laid most of the building for the classic boat of souls, as it's also a part of bridge, right under the newly elevated Ferris Wheel(which will be renamed) and now is the highest ground level structure. The boat river can be seen in the above picture, overhanging the bridge on both sides. The train track is hard to see at the moment.

I am learning advanced construction, having lots of fun building this bridge. For a very long time, I wanted one in a custom park but did not wanted to use city or western theme. That is it for today, thanks again for following this construction.

Cheers

Abbittibbi
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:07 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Good day to you, welcome to this construction report. Hopefully you like, thanks for taking time to stop by, it's very nice of you.

Phase 3 of the BRIDGE OF SOUL is completed, along with a bit of work on the Park gate. In phase 4 for this custom centerpiece, much more lights will be added to both bridge access, later during construction.

Time has come for today's pictures, and a bit of background story. You can click to zoom in on each picture.

-There is no turning back now!

I appreciate all comments and/or critics. Thank you again for following this construction process.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:59 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 04:05 PM »
Wow! What an interesting concept! Very excited to follow the upcoming progress of your park.

I love the light at the end of the tunnel sign. Very funny :)

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Thank you salad fries, as well as all fans of this title. Happy that you take some of your precious time to drop by and look at this project. Very appreciated.

Today's time was slow, so I made a skin for Carousel, made some touchup on some stall fronts as well as the SOUL EXPRESS train station. I'm still experiencing with advanced building, making the carousel scenery as well as some clouds. Lots of fun building the following:

I also have tried some concepts and various styles. I hope to go faster in building once all the basics are set. I also have some plan to make a custom park mascot.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:29 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 05:09 PM »
Good day to all, welcome to THE TRIAL:

Still experiencing with advanced forms for scenery.

Work and effort was made in the MID-EARTH area of the park, in sub area called The four waves, which is a group of 3 flatrides and one coaster. Without more words, here are today's pitcures:

Thank you for you time and comment about this update. See you all soon in this park, when you died I guess...
-Imagination at work!

Offline Nimzhul

• Follow me on twitter @nimzhul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 05:27 AM »
Such a great and original idea! I love your funny signs  :D

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 10:36 AM »
Nimzhul, thank you for stopping by, watching and commenting. Your contribution here is highly appreciated.

Your support is highly appreciated. Please return later, as this project is only in beginning phase.
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Very interesting concept, I'm getting some RCT3 vibes from it which isn't a bad thing. :)

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 12:44 PM »
ALT2870: thank you for your consideration about this project of mine. True I plead guilty to the fact, as I've got a bit(something like 3000+ hours) of background from RCT3, when I used to be able to carry a(given by others) master title about it with me.

This time has gone, and there is no return to RCT, since my real name is in the end credit of the RCTW title. I am not happy with Atari/NVIZZIO about how they sabotage this franchise to it's unglorious death. I have severely warned them in person, in the NVIZZIO studio, for which I have a recording during RCTW production - 2 months before release.

My heart's still in with Frontier, who made RCT3, as they are slowly, but working nicely on Planet Coaster. They have carried the sequel spirit of the franchise, under a different banner, but still it is what it is.

Now you may understand why(partially) I am using death as one of the theme for this park. This park is symbolic to the core for me, kinda of a passover ceremonial needed to completely part from RCT, admited this is my second major project. I've had one of the first gaming channel on youtube, it was not too well known, but was about RCT back around 9 years ago, my RCT projects now hidden, but all still on it. My youtube has changed subject(now speak about public law and statutes), but it's still where I post PC project. This Park should go up there in the future, so please stay tuned.

So thank you ALT2870, as well to all PC fans for your kind interest in this park. I may post some update a bit later today, as I've made construction progess on MID EARTH part.

I am very much tempted to present this park as scenario and upload it to steam with only a bit of work more. Of course, I would complete my own starter for shyguysworld community. Maybe, we'll see if interest picks up for this idea.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:55 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Good day, welcome,

More efforts put into the MID EARTH area of the park. The PATH OF LIFE, 4 waves section now has a new skin ride completed, so here is THE AIR WAVE pictures for today:

Still experiencing with advanced constructions, this first double wall skin ride is not perfect, but it still looks nice at night. Thank you for checking this place, while it gets built. Comments and likes are personally appreciated.

Have a nice stay!

Abbittibbi.
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 06:21 AM »
Is there any connection to the very surreal novel "The Trial" by Franz Kafka? The Park has a slight touch of it.
I'm glad that i'm in the prime of my health and i spend every single day in front of a glowing rectangle.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 09:57 AM »
No, because Kafka is known to not having finish much when he wrote novels.

But now that you thrown it at me, I may be interested in using this novel's caracters to my park.
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Good day, welcome to THE TRIAL:

Construction progress has been slow, as I'm experiencing with various concepts: building things then replacing them, restarting from scratch or reloading the park from earlier.

I have made a newer, more advanced form(pixel art) for the rainbow going to ABOVE section, thus deleting the rainbow structure seen in earlier in this topic. Work was made as well on some more 2D or 3D clouds, which will eventually surround the entire ABOVE, as if the mesa is floating on a blanket of clouds. Water in the below area is planned to be all colored with lights. Lots of work still to come, as well as some long toughts about concepts I want to use in this park.

Below - I did complete the basic landscaping, while some touchup or details remaining:

Below - Integration of the BOAT OF SOUL into the scenery, interesting to play with water levels:

Below - Lots of fun with water, now some falls, using them to connect the three levels back areas of the park, as viewed from under the BRIDGE OF SOULS. One can mesure how large the bridge is, allowing the boat half tube both ways, as well as the SOUL EXPRESS track going both ways, completed with a 6M wide path. It's a large structure made of 3 parts, currently about 85% completed, missing mainly lights.

Below - Night shot from same point of view as above, reveling the bridge understructures with lights:

Below - Aerial view of the park:

Below - Same as above, at sunset:

Most of the above are try and error, as I'm gaining more experience with advanced construction. You can still see my two measure tools as well as some other construction prop, such as my flashlight, or backdrop wall for clouds(top of the mesa).

This post is mostly technical, not revealing anything exciting, but I still post to show progress, get comments, ideas, suggestions or critics.

So thanks a lot for your time reading me today. I wish you all the good you may want.

See you again.

Abbittibbi.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:42 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 09:23 AM »
It's not call THE TRIAL for innocent reason.

I'm trying stuff, and just realizing that MONORAIL DON'T HAVE A SHUTTLE MODE option. Now I am set back in process, as 4 planned shuttle monorail are already in place.

I will work to make to 1.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:57 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 04:05 PM »
Welcome to this construction minor update,

I have exchanged 4 brand new short shuttle monorails, which none of would work, for a used very long one looping one to a city in need. Who got fooled, we'll never know, hope they have good software engineers. Ah! Yeah! They gave the park 12-5 cars trains too, instead of 10-4 cars, thanks to them.

That said, it was really hard to rebuilt the 4 monorails into 1 with keeping the station, making sure tunnels or ROAD(see below) curves fits as planned.

Also, I also have made a first version of the FIRE ROAD to be seen BELOW:

Here is version 2 of the RAINDBOW ROAD to ABOVE, need a little more work on! And some lights too!

Work was made on skin for one of the few flat ride left without in MID EARTH, not yet completed. This work time was well completed with some adjustment about the SOUL EXPRESS track. All of this may sound simple, but it took around 6 hours. Raindbow road is nearly 23 000 pieces. Stats in second post updated.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:30 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Wow! its looking really cool! I really love how you got the monorails to swirl up & down the way they do.

I totally agree that shuttle mode would be absolutely spectacular.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 06:49 PM »
Good day!

Thank you for your kind comment. Your input is appreciated as well as you stopping by. Transport have ALWAYS been my favorite part, ever since day 1 RCT. All majors parks I've done are built around it. All track rides are very fun to imagine too!

Frontier needs to get on with it, fix that monorail for a shuttle mode, and more vehicules models for it too. Missing much the ELEVATOR and the SKY LIFT. Maybe alone, but no less was UPMOST useful and nice to me.

As for the one in this park, the monorail actually form a giant easter egg: in form of a vertical double helix on 3 levels.

One can see it all only when looking from above at 45 degree angle. It has the shape of a giant sign for infinity(a 8 on it's side), coming up from below(Hell) going to above(Heaven). It's as well a reference to ascendence.

OPINION & DETAILS IN SMALL PRINTS(feel free to skip):

I really wanted that form for monorail as well as for this park to have a bunch full hidden easter eggs or subtle references. Because of that one monorail in a loop, I had to put a twist in for the extra station in the Below section, so it goes under the Bridge, but in the end, it create one giant oval form which ended up circling the sign for infinity. So, that 4 monorails mistake made earlier in construction helped make it better in the end. The track will be adjusted for the below odd part when scenery gets built. Above lone station will be recentered too, in order to align with the bridge, the station below and MID EARTH, as well as the park entrance. That giant infinity easter egg was much easier to built with 4 shuttle monorail than 1 in a closed circuit, especially trying to realign with the existing scenery that I've set already.

See picture below:

I'll reveal one other EASTER EGG for later, just to see if anyone pays attention: all the time set on schedual for SOUL EXPRESS are DATES in reference of importance in REAL HUMAN HISTORY. We'll see if anyone gets them searched on google before I reveal the sign's backside.

Thanks, come again!

Abbittibbi.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:07 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

The Trial
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Welcome to PC fans,

It's been some time since last update, so let's move fast to it, here is one new screenshot about the Entrance sign on main building(Soul Express Train Station)'s wall and park introduction.

Next will be a few view of latest ride skin which is called the Bones Processor, located on the Path of Life, the main avenue of the park:

The above ride skin took about 35 hours to make, since two other previous versions ended scrapped because it would not give the expected results and where not looking as good for the park's theme integration. Name for the ride also changed about 6 times.
It's been a while since I wanted to built a wood and rope bridge, as well as a custom telepheric. Since I did not want to set a fake cable car system with gondolas for people, I have used the industrial theme to set up a produce or stock cable car, electric and automated. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you for your view and comment, if any.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:15 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 08:39 PM »
That's pretty nifty.  Sagging suspension bridges aren't easy (I still have nightmares about the one at Quarantine Island) but that one came out good.  I also really like the cable car system.  Very clever use of the double pulleys there.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Bullethead my upmost VIP, thank you for stopping by.

I appreciate your input for this one, since this project was first introduced to you in a private fashion.

Thank you.
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Good day to our dear visitors.

Construction activity, as well as dark sarcasm was spotted at The Trial site. As GM, I am happy to present briefly 2 new flatrides custom skins, of course hidding the exciting details of the rides for the movies that one day may be made about this place.

As well, again, some rides have changed name to integrate the mood and design of the park. I'm not that good to play with words in english since I am of french canadian descent, so yeah, rides names may change again.

The last picture is shown as example of the typical ride entrance. All rides located on the Path of Life, as it is main avenue of The Trial Park, have the same sign. Rides will also have a custom made sign for each one, as part of the ride skin.

This park is well on it's way to be my most complicated project, I may have to review some totals about projected hours to build the entire place. Scenery pieces now amount to 83 700, with 153 buildings. Not even 1/4 of the park is completed.

Thank you for your visit and comment.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:41 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Welcome,

Quiet day at The Trial theme park today. Still, the technical team has set in place the most important feature of the park: the verdict-o-meter.

This automatic board will count the numbers of guilty or innoncent souls coming thru the Tribunal of Souls, to decide if you are worth to go above or below, after a fair life trial by our in-house AI.

Of course, Justice will be served, don't you worry, our AI is very intelligent, neutral and fair... right?

:facepalm:

So here's a sneak at this important counter:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:04 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Geez, 83K parts and you've still go so much empty space!  Wow.  Yeah, this will definitely be more complex than the Mall of Canada :).

That Verdict-o-Meter is hilarious.  I love the whole concept of the Planet Coaster Day of Judgment ;).

As regards ride names, in English we generally say "2 Minutes to Midnight", without the "bells" on the end.  It's a reference to the "Doomsday Clock" maintained by a bunch of leftist so-called intellectuals trying to influence world, especially US, politics by scaring the public.  "Midnight" in this context means nuclear war and since the clock started the time has always been almost "midnight".  The folks who do this periodically hold a press conference and announce they're moving the minute hand a few minutes closer to or farther from midnight based on whether or not they agree with the current trend of US politics, not paying any attention to what other countries are doing.  Anyway, during the Reagan administration, they put the clock at 2 minutes to midnight, which was the closest it had ever been up to that time, and predicted immanent doom.  Which of course didn't happen, but it made Iron Maiden write a song :).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 03:42 PM »
Thank you Bullethead for your input, very appreciated, as much as your correct analysis. Thanks to everyone who takes time to visit and read, welcome again or for the first time at The Trial.

Well, I'd be dishonest to state you're wrong, when clearly, you're right, right?

Yeah, this park is about death(the Final Judgment), but with a very high level of dark sarcasm about it. This place featured a mixed them that is about oposition, and how everything is upside down in this life. As example for my dark sarcasm: the Path of Life(the park's main avenue) is all related to death.

You are right about Iron Maiden, 2 minutes to midnight. I am a former maiden(up the iron!) fan in real life, so for AC/DC. Thing here is I would hate to use rides names that are not total original, or dragged from a real life situation. This is where my imagination stops me from making copy of existing themes, other than copy my own previously used ideas. I would not be the one to make a Jurassic Park, Back to the Future or Disney remake, nor use a another workshop item(I have used 2 workshop items in O-Mega Mall Canada - to my regret, should have made my own - I tought).

Of course: I tought about using song title like: stairways to heaven(led zeppelin), the clairvoyant(iron maiden), the final cut(pink floyd), hell's bells(ac/dc) or highway to hell(ac/dc). All of this is cute, but nothing original.

Friendly sidenote: As for the rides names, it is one of the reason YOU where introduced to this concept park ahead of everyone. I may be very interested in talking to you about fixing the signs or other text in this creation.

Here is a little spoiler about the upcoming construction, as ''below'' is suposed to be a parody of hell, will be tidy and well maintained(due to all being convicted to work ''from here to eternity'' ref. maiden) while ''above'' is a parody of Paradise, where everything is left in decay and falling apart, due to all be innoncent, therefor left to do nothing.

As far as the construction goes, this is my most ambitious theme park construction, and I still have tons of ideas/concepts to set in motion on this map. This is going to take much more longer than the initial 200 hours planned to built this. I see all the hard work coming, as my imagination is non stop working on the plans. I have studied lots of other parks and creators lately, put less much comments to each than I wish, but learn a lot during the process still, watching creator like you(and of course, an army of others).

It's not an overshoot to state now this park may end up with well over 250 000 scenery pieces, maybe even reaching 400 000, according to my imagination at work.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:12 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Yeah, this park is about death(the Final Judgment), but with a very high level of dark sarcasm about it. This place featured a mixed them that is about oposition, and how everything is upside down in this life. As example for my dark sarcasm: the Path of Life(the park's main avenue) is all related to death.

I live in Louisiana, where life is all about death.  This place didn't invent zombies or vampires but they all migrated here by choice as it's the most favorable environment for them, and they have flourished much more than in their native lands.  Hell, some of my best friends are zombies ;).

You are right about Iron Maiden, 2 minutes to midnight. I am a former maiden(up the iron!) fan in real life, so for AC/DC. Thing here is I would hate to use rides names that are not total original, or dragged from a real life situation. This is where my imagination stops me from making copy of existing themes, other than copy my own previously used ideas. I would not be the one to make a Jurassic Park, Back to the Future or Disney remake, nor use a another workshop item(I have used 2 workshop items in O-Mega Mall Canada - to my regret, should have made my own - I thought).

Well, how about "2 Minutes to Doomsday" ?

Here is a little spoiler about the upcoming construction, as ''below'' is suposed to be a parody of hell, will be tidy and well maintained(due to all being convicted to work ''from here to eternity'' ref. maiden) while ''above'' is a parody of Paradise, where everything is left in decay and falling apart, due to all be innocent, therefor left to do nothing.

This is entirely realistic.  The only way for Blessed in Paradise to be able to lounge around for all eternity is if there's a vast army menial servitors doing maintenance behind the scenes, and such an army is readily available in Hell ;).

It's not an overshoot to state now this park may end up with well over 250 000 scenery pieces, maybe even reaching 400 000, according to my imagination at work.

I have no doubt you'll get there, given your previous huge projects.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page