AnubisLive - 21/10 - Micropolis Garden becomes LEGENDARIA

• 23 replies

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Welcome to MicroPolis Garden.

The park has been developed as an Arboretum/Botanical Garden style park. Filled with rides for the entire family

The entrence, and entrence area:

MicroGolf

MicroWheel and MicroSwing

Dark Corners

Boulevard

MicroMiner

MicroKarts

MicroDrop

FULL LINK TO MY PARK:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1313387857
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:12 AM by AnubisLive »

Re: AnubisLive - Winter Competition - TIER 2 -Micropolis Garden
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:36 AM »
nice park, i just love the support on the 2nd and 3rd final screenshot

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Very nice park! I really love the Dark Corners & Microdrop rides! That wooden support structure around the last turn is really cool!

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I really like the mini golf area, mostly the enterance/exit and the cool rosebush archway!

Gotta love that coaster corner at the end of the pathway also! Nice park!
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline batmanslayer

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 12:32 AM »
this is a wonderful park.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 02:02 PM »
I really like that eurofighter. Those custom suports are well thought out.
Can't wait to have a walk around.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 11:31 AM »
Challenge #5 Score - 9pts

There were some great things in this park... and a few not so great things. The entire park was lushly landscaped, although that might have been a bit over budget. But I loved the landscaping around the Go-Karts. And the Eurofighter coaster was one of my favorites of the competition. (Not sure about the flame jets). You added a nice parking structure. The night time lighting was simple, but adequate. You had a large dead end in the park, which is something a good park should try to avoid. The gardens and topiaries added nice color to the park. I didn't much care for your dark ride though. The queue was especially lacking. But all in all, you completed the park and all the challenges and I thank you for sticking through to the end. Nice job.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 01:15 PM »
I gave this entry the extra credit point

Great looking garden and plantings everywhere in this park. Its looks very mature compared to some of the other entries…especially what you did around the kart track area. The glass covered eating area, the fancy bridge over the roadway were also nice additions. The mini-golf was done nicely. The dark ride was an OK basic dark ride, but it left me wanting more. Maybe I was missing billboards, but from what I could tell this wasn’t the case. It was really nice walking around this park, but honestly at ground level, I was getting lost and confused where I was. Some directional signage pointing to rides, etc. would have been a great addition for this park.

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 04:43 PM »
Thank you guys! I really enjoyed being in this competion, and i appreciated your feedback, and must admit i agree with a the few points of critique. I Especially disliked "Dark Corner" it came from a good idea, but the execution was lacking, plus it doesnt fit with the rest of the park! Keep this thread open though because i recently thought of an idea for this area that would have been a much better fit for this park!

Again thank you for this competition, i had a blast!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 04:47 AM »
The foliage in your park was the first thing that pops out of the pictures. Really alive and natural and with strong colors. The GoKart is very beautiful integrated into the enviroment. Always in love with an Eurofighter coaster The woodie is nice as well and I like the sinister dark ride. How did you made the visible glass construction atthe food place?

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 06:41 AM »
This is a good park, with some minor issues here and there.  The paths feel a bit cramped, and looks like the interpretation of budget was way more strict.

Remade the cross bridge pretty +
Very nice flow and gardens on the minigolf +
Gardens are beautiful, not too over the top +
The hedges in the central plaza seem too tall, but thats really a PlanCo problem
Elevated chair swings feel kind of odd
Theming on the karts is really nice and lush +
Kudos for making a dark ride in existing space,  the queue could be better,  the ride itself is very nice and janky +
Love the simple modern feel of the food court
Special effects on the euro microdrop +
Layout of the microdrop is pretty good.  Custom supports elevate this build.
Microminer is an OK coaster with nice theming.  Some parts feel too overbanked, the station is not completed, unsafe exit
Park music on the entrance makes me happy, could deal with more of it throughout the park
Thought went into terrain painting ++
Ok lighting at night, a couple of areas could use some help.

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 03:02 PM »
Sorry for my late comments...

Loved the parking garage, the go-kart track was definitely one of the better ones.  I think you had the longest dark ride in the competition and some really cool visuals in there.  The blue golf greens were unique and eye-catching, the foliage was very lush and well done, and of course I had to like that glass breezeway.

It was kind of hard to get past all of the curved wall tops and rooves...  since that was the first build set we had in this game (and also what the starter park in this competition came with) it kind of gave me that "alpha" vibe that we've all been struggling to get away from since day one.   Additionally, those modern lines surrounded by all this very mature landscaping kind of contrasted against each other. 

Some minor nitpicks on the dark ride, floating scenery, walls that didn't touch the floor (one could argue that is intentional)...  but nothing major there.  I was torn on the dead spaces between scenery because one could also argue that they built suspense.   Overall just nothing horrible anywhere but also nothing that stood out enough to put you into placement territory.  My best suggestion would've been to take the dark ride (since it was so large and had a specific theme) and maybe build your park around that theme, also theming up the entire front of the dark ride instead of just a facade. 

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
THE MICRO GREENERY

Hi Guys, welcome back at MicroPolis Garden. I decided to return once more to this park for some unfinished business. While i was okay with most of the things in my park, one thing was serious eyesore to me, which was the darkride, Dark Corners. I didn't fit at all within the theme of the park, and the execution was very mediocre at it's best. After this round i started to embrace the whole arboretum/botanical garden theme, and the dark ride started to stick out like sore thumb. Near the end of the competition i had this idea, which sadly enough, i wasnt able to do during the competition. I wanted to remove not only the darkride, but completely break down the building to replace it with another one. Something that would truly at the excisting "nature theme". One problem, it required lots of glass. The last weeks i was trying to figure out a way to do it. To make the glass all out of emeralds wasn't an option, to much work. I was almost about to give up on this, when the lovely people at Frontier dropped a bomb. The new update, with GLASS pieces! I finally was able to carry out this idea that i had, a greenhouse tour.

Hereby i present: the sneak preview!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:04 PM by AnubisLive »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Glad to see you're continuing to work on this park. The new ride looks like it will fit in much better than the old dark ride. Looking forward to seeing more.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Wow! Your new greenhouse ride is a perfect fit for your park! Its beautiful!

Interesting use of the Pretzel dark ride, it works well. And I see someone is enjoying the new glass pieces. :D

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Glad to see you're continuing to work on this park. The new ride looks like it will fit in much better than the old dark ride. Looking forward to seeing more.

Yes, i had a blast with this competition, so i figured i wanted to at least finish this park.

Wow! Your new greenhouse ride is a perfect fit for your park! Its beautiful!

Thank you!

Yes, i choose this ride because i wanted to stay true to the competitions goals. When we were allowed to use the old Arcadium building we were allowed to use this ride. I used it to create the dark ride at that time, but now i changed the "nature" of the ride experience.

An update:

REQUEST: The ride will be finished somewhere in the next week, and i'm looking for help. I would very much like some pov and off ride footage of the ride. But i run on the lowest settings, and i still hit 7 fps. Ultra won't even work anymore. If somebody is out there with the specs to run the park in Ultra while able to make decent FPS, could that person help me with the video? Thanks advance. (i know about cheat engine, but even that aint sufficient anymore..)

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: AnubisLive - Micropolis Garden - LEGENDARIA preview
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 04:00 AM »
They grow up so fast don't they...

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: AnubisLive - Micropolis Garden - LEGENDARIA preview
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Hmm, I somehow missed this.  It looks brilliant!  Paging back through looking at it all, I see in you last post from April that you requested somebody do a POV for you.  Does you still need help with that?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: AnubisLive - Micropolis Garden becomes LEGENDARIA
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 11:10 AM »
Hmm, I somehow missed this.  It looks brilliant!  Paging back through looking at it all, I see in you last post from April that you requested somebody do a POV for you.  Does you still need help with that?

Thanks! I won't need help on the POV's anymore. The explanation is in the post underneath  ;)

Real life story:

This park was created for Shyguys Winter Contest. I had lots of trouble since my computer could not even run that small park, in low quality mode, over 5 fps. It was horrible, i was happy to finish the park in the way that that was possible. By the time i finished my afforementioned Greenhouse my computer wouldn't load it anymore. End of the park i thought. A few weeks back a received a very nice offer for a new computer via my employer. I'm happy to say that i7 8700, GTX 1070 and 16GB of Rams is doing the job well. From not being able to open a small park in lowest settings, to lagless wandering through parks like Koali Beach or Wilderness Springs in Ultra mode. Im pretty happy, as you can imagine.

I opened my original upload (the one in the toppost) for MicroPolis and decided to make this my ultimate experimental benchmark. Now a big warning, because im really working on a bigger park for the first time, i really need to familiarize myself with multiple facets of this game. Hence why i call it "experimental". There will be a lot of different themes, sometimes it's not even a theme but a general idea for a complex. I think that last description describes my entree to the park.

Of course expanding the park made me reconsider infrastructural design, and in the end i decided to create a new entrypoint to the park in the south East corner. And of course the name Micropolis, would not be very fitting for a big park, so i decided to rebrand it:

Oh yes, if people doubt my managing skills.... im the cool boss, offering perks to the staff

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: AnubisLive - 21/10 - Micropolis Garden becomes LEGENDARIA
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Glad your boss got you a new computer for personal use.  Is he hiring?  Seriously.

And dammit, I'll have to block access to this thread for my BSI employees.  If they ever learn about take-home gaming rigs and company hottubs, I'll have to shoot them all :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 11:56 AM »
I have to admit, I'm not sold on the amount of acid yellow, but the overall design and colour palette is excellent. The staff hot tub idea is great. I'm surprised anyone gets any work done lol.

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Glad your boss got you a new computer for personal use.  Is he hiring?  Seriously.

And dammit, I'll have to block access to this thread for my BSI employees.  If they ever learn about take-home gaming rigs and company hottubs, I'll have to shoot them all :)

By offer, i meant a (for him tax deductable) a very nice discount ;). I work for a company that sells electronics, so we have new stuff readily available.

I have to admit, I'm not sold on the amount of acid yellow, but the overall design and colour palette is excellent. The staff hot tub idea is great. I'm surprised anyone gets any work done lol.

I have to admit, im not sold either on this colour either. I view this glossy yellow roofing as something that can change colors at the flip of a switch. Who knows, it might be purple the next time you see it, and Ferarri Red the time after that. I actually grouped all the yellow roofing for exactly that reason ;)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:50 PM by AnubisLive »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Very beautiful park. I love the new name and cannot wait to see more!