Action Speedzone Family Fun Center (SGW Winter Comp - Tier 1)

• 12 replies

Offline SHADOW

• I have gone by many names.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Come on Down to the Action Speedzone Family Fun Center and Adventure Golf

The park comes alive at night with neon and LED lighting

Download Now from Steam Workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1313974760

Download the Billboard Images here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r2r542bod5hp8yd/ActionSpeedZoneBoards.zip

Note - Had an issue with the Billboards. Finally found a fix. Reuploaded new Park File 2/25/2018 at 11:12 PM est
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:12 PM by SHADOW »
Watch me Live on Twitch.tv or check out my videos on YouTube!  - Also can follow me on Twiter

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Action Speedzone Family Fun Center (SGW Winter Comp - Tier 1)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:01 PM »
Shadow, your park looks really great & I can't get over how awesome your arcade building looks when wandering around it in game! The curvy glass roofs & arcade games in particular really stand out as spectacular!

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Thanks Salad... make sure to get the billboards for the arcades and pinballs to really stand out.
Watch me Live on Twitch.tv or check out my videos on YouTube!  - Also can follow me on Twiter

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:55 AM »
looks really nice, all those screenshots of those mini golf stuff(yours and others) make me wish that it was in the game

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Awesome job Shadow! The park looks incredible. And the arcade is even better in person.
My only nit pick is the golf course, which is actually great, but doesn't fit the rest of the park. I'd love to see you theme it to the racing theme you've got going on the rest of the park... or switch everything else to an adventure theme  :P

Great job!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:45 AM by Zurg »
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Thanks. I did have the idea to do it.. but with what we have to work with in Planco. It just wasn't possible to do without it looking like complete utter junk. Some suggestions were even made but, They weren't what I wanted to do in my head. In the end I decided to make it separate altogether. I've seen many of these little small go kart parks and mini golf centers. Especially around pigeon forge and Gatlinburg. the Mini golf may not match. and I wasn't happy with it at first. But in the end. It was the better alternative and it grew on me.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Really though, I've seen mini golf courses have different themes then the rest of the place. You really tied everything together nicely and made sure it was realistic.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 09:06 AM »
Finally looked around this park and the theming on it is incredible! I love how much space the park has and how every ride is really celebrated. I think the next competition I enter I am going to try to do some ride skins because yours just blew me away. I mean it. Blew me away! Love love love it!
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Challenge #5 Score - 2nd Place - 22 pts

There are some truly impressive and beautiful designs in this park. I love the whole racing theme and how you incorporated it throughout the park, with the exception of the Mini Golf. But that was so well designed, that I easily overlooked the inconsistency in theme. In fact, your Mini Golf was my favorite in the competition. The coaster was incredibly well-designed and I loved the arcade games. You must have spent hours getting all those images. (I'm using your machines the next time I refurbish my Wonder World arcade ;)) And the night lighting! Just breathtaking. My only criticism of the park is that it lacks the little details one might discover while exploring it. You nailed most of the challenges. but didn't add enough extras of your own. Also, I thought you wasted too much space on the long plazas, resulting in a park with very few attractions. But still, you presented some of the best design work in the competition.

I awarded you 2nd Place for this challenge.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 01:07 PM »
You came in second from my point of view as well.
I moved you up a spot this time around. While the park doesn’t have maybe as many attractions as the other competitors…it still works nicely. The overall layout with the multiple midway/paths looks great. I really didn’t see this before via the photos. Overall, I think this is the best mini-golf…but there is a slight negative (that really kind of held this back from being the winner), is that it breaks the awesome Speedpark theme you had going. As a stand-alone – the mini golf is awesome, but I was really hoping that at your level and where you were going with this, that the race theme could have been carried through the whole park. I know you gave your reasons, but I was so hopeful that you would have pulled it off.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 03:35 AM »
If I would not mention the absolutly incredible architecture design of the ARCADE center I should not start to write at all. Mindblowing! Same with the inside...just WOW!
The ARCADE architecture got such aspecial vibe. Some kind of modern retro design combined with some hints of futurism. Then I like how you translate that design into the wooden coaster station but keeping the vibe of wood inside the design. The flatride fits very good in to that area and got a perfect theme for the park. Simple but very effective details and the small race car is wonderful. The wide open pathway layout is great as well and the Go Gart area and the adventure themed mini golf curse are amazing as well.

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 04:04 AM »
I realize that by this last challenge your park was pretty much done and there was not much left to do...  in a way that's a good thing because you made very efficient use of your time in the earlier challenges.  For this challenge we were supposed to focus on what was done in this last round, even though I think most of us took the whole park into consideration.

Some things I loved:  The way your golf course volcano reached over into the go-kart track to create a tunnel... using the Knight Rider windshields to create canopies... I'm a sucker for old school pinball machines :)... The unused "Malibu Joe's" sign was a lovely hidden detail... Your coaster was beautiful and a great ride, and I loved that the tunnel also added to the exterior beauty of the coaster; overlapping those tracks perfectly so you could do that was a great design choice.  I had in my notes that your flat ride and your park sign were probably the best in this entire competition, which is saying a lot.  I also liked that the park had a unified palette but you knew how and when to bring in other colors as well to add some variety, like the varied patio umbrellas.  The contrasting theme of the golf course didn't bother me because your park sign made it work.

What I got the sense of is that you are much more suited for larger parks... I could just tell you wanted more land and were maybe frustrated with the amount of land you had to work with.  There is a lot of path in this park and not as much to do overall...  the path width would be realistic in a larger park but for this I was wishing you had narrowed them down a bit to fit more in.   I also thought you could've moved that eating area into a different space to open up some room for one more flat ride (mostly because I would love to watch you theme another flat :) ).

So based on that, and that there wasn't anything new to judge for challenge 5, I gave you third place but I was happy with the final tie because there was truly no "last place" in this tier.  Thanks for sticking it out and I'll definitely be looking forward to what you do next.

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 06:13 AM »
So for this challenge, I had you in second place.   After visiting the park, these were my observations:

This is definitely a very cohesive park, it knows exactly what it is and what it stands for.  Use of curves and color throughout the park in such a consistent manner is just great.
Great sight lines from the entrance +
Picture perfect gardens and flowerbeds that are not too much +
Prism checkered pattern and general use of color ++
Minigolf is great, but the rental counter needs a little love, and 10 holes, tsk tsk tsk
Cohesive theming al around is very nice+
Simple understated karts perfect for this type of park +
Smelly green gas bathroom ++
Great placement of the coaster, queue and exit +
Coaster Hill over station +
Coaster has great pacing, as short as it is +
However, the queue at the station is unsafe with holes you can fall into -
Arcade is great +
Making the arcade usable with just a memento inside +
Beautiful at nighttime ++
No park music -
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:24 AM by Muserato »