Cooper Park--Main Street Construction--

• 47 replies
Cooper Park--Main Street Construction--
« on: February 25, 2018, 11:14 PM »
Welcome back everyone, and can you believe its been three seasons since we have been to the park?  I sure can't. But we're back and I'm so ready to show off this place.  When I tell you Cooper Park has become a staple in this area, I mean it.  The park has expanded and is more beautiful than ever.  A far cry from once was Family Fun Center.  So let's go hang out for the day, shall we?

The park has revamped it's whole parking system, it's not quite free anymore, but it's not expensive at all.  Only 10 bucks!

As we walk into the new entrance plaza we see a large, more grand entrance that ever was here before. 

If you didn't buy your tickets online, then step right up and purchase them here.

Have any questions?  Need a map?  Head over to the brand new Park Info building, they'll be glad to help you.

A look at the park's new "main street".  Fits in so well with Mr. Ed's Model T's.

You get great new views of the ride as well now that the area has opened up.

As the evening draws near, let's go play some mini golf!

As we played, we couldn't help but notice the amazing views of Bolt.

Speaking of Bolt, here she comes now.  Let's go ride.

Another family favorite, Around the World.

And as night falls, I wanted to head to Plaza De Festivales. Crazy crowded here tonight.

And as our evening comes to and end, it's time to head home.

Still so amazing to see how beautiful this park has become. 

One final drone shot shows it all.  Goodbye and goodnight, from all of us here, at Cooper Park!

Park Link- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1314090579

Thanks to Maskedbandit for his Art Deco letters.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:14 PM by DragsterDan1987 »

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park-Winter Competition-Tier 2
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:31 PM »
Cooper Park would be a lovely place to spend the day! I really love how the car ride weaves under the bridge. The main street across the way has some really unique architecture, too.

Awesome job with those toll booths.

Offline batmanslayer

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:33 AM »
this is a wonderful park.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Wauw what a park this is. This is amazing.

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:03 PM »
Wow! Very nice park! I love your architectural style, its like the perfect mix of modern and classic.

Also, your mediterrainian/spanish themed area (forgive me if ive used the wrong description) is really awesome! Love how festive it is.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Cooper Park would be a lovely place to spend the day! I really love how the car ride weaves under the bridge. The main street across the way has some really unique architecture, too.

Awesome job with those toll booths.
Thanks so much man!  You have been my best buddy through all of this.

this is a wonderful park.
Thanks so much!

Wauw what a park this is. This is amazing.
That means a lot man! I worked hard on this one.

Wow! Very nice park! I love your architectural style, its like the perfect mix of modern and classic.

Also, your mediterrainian/spanish themed area (forgive me if ive used the wrong description) is really awesome! Love how festive it is.
Yeah, it's a Spanish themed area and I've wanted to do one for so long haha. So glad I got to.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Very ultra modern entrance which we don't see enough of, glad you went for it. Park overall looks nice though it may have been a little over budget for what was suggested.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 01:00 PM »
Great work man! Both the entrance area and the spanish area look really good. Awesome job all around the park!
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 09:11 AM »
I am totally with Zurg on this the enterance and the spanish area are awesome!!! I loved the look of them and all the small details that you have put into your park. Hardly recognise it as the original at all. I wasn't sure about the mini golf concept from the pics until I went round it but it is actually superb.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Great work man! Both the entrance area and the spanish area look really good. Awesome job all around the park!
Thanks so much! I really loved how they both turned out.

Very ultra modern entrance which we don't see enough of, glad you went for it. Park overall looks nice though it may have been a little over budget for what was suggested.
I wanted to do modern the whole competition, and if it was too expensive, oh well haha.  It came out the way I wanted :)

I am totally with Zurg on this the enterance and the spanish area are awesome!!! I loved the look of them and all the small details that you have put into your park. Hardly recognise it as the original at all. I wasn't sure about the mini golf concept from the pics until I went round it but it is actually superb.
Thank you!  The mini golf was something from my childhood.  Where all the holes were different themed. 

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Challenge #5 Score - 2nd Place - 24pts

Boy, this park sure blossomed in the end. At first, I wasn't too sure. The Mini-Golf looked real busy with over-the -top clashing themes. But upon visiting it in person, it looked much better and worked well. This park had beautiful themeing and colorful architecture. I loved the look of the different areas. (Maybe a little over budget, though.) There were charming details throughout, the coaster was excellent, it had a nice new parking lot, and the park was nicely lit at night. I found a couple goofs...There was a bad head chopper on the car ride, and your vendors in the Info Center were sunk into the ground. I think the only major problem I found is how the park has a large dead end. A better design would to be a complete loop, but I may be nitpicking here. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this park.

I awarded this park 1st Place.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 01:13 PM »
DD1987 - I gave you 2nd place this time around.

Love the addition of the car tracked ride (the only one in all the entries). It fits really well with the main street theme you have going on in that part of the park. The new flats are also nice additions. You have a way-lot of themes going on in this park, but it all seems to fit well and doesn’t distract from the overall feel. I really like walking around this park better and any entries in both tiers. It felt very completed. The art deco, main street, Spanish, etc. themes were done very well and were very noticeable/defined. The Spanish area was especially festive. Other callouts that are worth mention: The parking toll entrance, the back corner park entrance (most drastic change from the original), and the glass covered walkway.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 05:30 PM »
Challenge #5 Score - 2nd Place - 24pts

Boy, this park sure blossomed in the end. At first, I wasn't too sure. The Mini-Golf looked real busy with over-the -top clashing themes. But upon visiting it in person, it looked much better and worked well. This park had beautiful themeing and colorful architecture. I loved the look of the different areas. (Maybe a little over budget, though.) There were charming details throughout, the coaster was excellent, it had a nice new parking lot, and the park was nicely lit at night. I found a couple goofs...There was a bad head chopper on the car ride, and your vendors in the Info Center were sunk into the ground. I think the only major problem I found is how the park has a large dead end. A better design would to be a complete loop, but I may be nitpicking here. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this park.

I awarded this park 1st Place.
What can I say, except thank you!  I have been away from the game and this site for quite some time, and to have this be the outcome for my first solo competition is amazing.  Thank you for putting together such a fun and creative competition for us all.  I couldn't be happier with how this all turned out! 

DD1987 - I gave you 2nd place this time around.

Love the addition of the car tracked ride (the only one in all the entries). It fits really well with the main street theme you have going on in that part of the park. The new flats are also nice additions. You have a way-lot of themes going on in this park, but it all seems to fit well and doesn’t distract from the overall feel. I really like walking around this park better and any entries in both tiers. It felt very completed. The art deco, main street, Spanish, etc. themes were done very well and were very noticeable/defined. The Spanish area was especially festive. Other callouts that are worth mention: The parking toll entrance, the back corner park entrance (most drastic change from the original), and the glass covered walkway.

Thank you so much for your kind words.  These are all themes I always wanted to tackle in RCT3 but never got the chance to because of me inexperience.  I really wanted to push my limits and see what I could do.  In the end, I'm so glad that things fit together and worked the way the did in my head.  :)

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 04:59 AM »
So in love with your design of architecture. Espacially the Info store is absolutly fantastic. The tilted beams are such a great detail that add so much to the whole vibe of the architecture. The entrance is brilliant as well. Then I like the transition into the american mainstreet design. But the look of the wooden coaster station is wonderful as well as the whole area with the Around The World flat ride is too. It´s great how the coaster goes under path way level and claim his corner how you place it. Great layout! The whole park is full of details and got a very realistic atmosphere.
And I like the way you present the park from morning opening, over beautiful sunset into night life.

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 06:28 AM »
For this challenge, I place you second.  Here is my assessment after visiting the park:

Overall this is a great little park, but has room for improvement, mostly small details.

Moving the entrance with parking and gates +
The exit should have some sort of security though, too easy to cheat on parking
The balls in the entry plaza I think are too big and too spread out, people could still drive in betwee
Entrance is nice touch, the only issue is that some pieces are floating, still +
Plaza past gates could use some signage, something to excite the visitors, ads to the rides or something, it’s a nice clean look, but maybe too clean
Fancy glass canopy is very nice +
Cool variety in the mini golf course, very eclectic. But, I did not see a sign to indicate the entrance.  Also, for flow purposes, the player very rarely has to walk back the hole, they just continue to the next one, not the case here.
The whole plaza around the aeronauts is picture perfect ++
Hidden backstage areas +
Good maze like cattlepen for the woodie, and lockers, canopies could use a little extra support though +
The Spanish plaza theme is excellent ++
No signs for ride entrances, makes the park confusing -
Lots of people walking through walls -
Car ride has nice gardens, but it’s not very exciting.  Adults heads get chopped off, “Luna Autos 4 looks too intense for me”
Park looks great at night +
Pretty good use of the space
No park music -

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 06:02 PM »
The first thing I felt when I got into your park was that the photos didn't do it justice.  People say that a lot but I think yours was the park that made me feel it the most in this competition.  Loved the parking lot and the deco-esque entrance architecture.   The antique cars were a great addition and very well done and I loved how the theming played off your main street architecture, particularly the pub that I loved so much from an earlier challenge.

You had a layout that make the park feel bigger than it is, which is quite an accomplishment.  Your coaster was understandably short.  I loved that waterfall on the golf course entrance.  And also, this was one of the more beautiful parks at night.

The score was so close for me because there were a couple problems: Dead space on one side of the park, yet you were right up against the street on the other side.  I know it would've been a hard thing to fix by the time you realized it, but your parking lot is pretty much cutting into a lane of traffic.  I like having backstage areas, but in a park this small I think yours were bigger than they needed to be.  In fact, the peeps were helping themselves to the tables in one of them.  And maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any kind of sign advertising from the street; people don't know the name of the park until they're well inside the parking lot and walking up to the gate.

BUT... there's plenty to do and see in this park, and just when you think you've seen it all you hit that Spanish plaza on the other side, which put you over the top in my scoring.  I felt the difference between first and second place in this tier was VERY close and I had a hard time with it.  Ultimately, I gave you my first place vote.  Nice job, congrats on everything you accomplished here.

Re: Cooper Park- Off Season Update #1 - 3.6.2018
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 08:07 PM »
The first thing I felt when I got into your park was that the photos didn't do it justice.  People say that a lot but I think yours was the park that made me feel it the most in this competition.  Loved the parking lot and the deco-esque entrance architecture.   The antique cars were a great addition and very well done and I loved how the theming played off your main street architecture, particularly the pub that I loved so much from an earlier challenge.

You had a layout that make the park feel bigger than it is, which is quite an accomplishment.  Your coaster was understandably short.  I loved that waterfall on the golf course entrance.  And also, this was one of the more beautiful parks at night.

The score was so close for me because there were a couple problems: Dead space on one side of the park, yet you were right up against the street on the other side.  I know it would've been a hard thing to fix by the time you realized it, but your parking lot is pretty much cutting into a lane of traffic.  I like having backstage areas, but in a park this small I think yours were bigger than they needed to be.  In fact, the peeps were helping themselves to the tables in one of them.  And maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any kind of sign advertising from the street; people don't know the name of the park until they're well inside the parking lot and walking up to the gate.

BUT... there's plenty to do and see in this park, and just when you think you've seen it all you hit that Spanish plaza on the other side, which put you over the top in my scoring.  I felt the difference between first and second place in this tier was VERY close and I had a hard time with it.  Ultimately, I gave you my first place vote.  Nice job, congrats on everything you accomplished here.

This means a lot to me man.  There was a lot that I thought I did wrong throughout this competition.  But this comment right here makes it all worth it.  Thank you so much for every kind word in this comment!
.....................................................................................

So here we are, our first off season update here at Cooper Park.  Today will be short and sweet to show off what's going on at the park right now.

Such a beautiful even to take some photos......wait a minute, what is that peaking over the entrance?!?!

NO WAY!!!  Can it be?!?!

I've waited my whole life to say this....

Welcome our first ever, B&M.  Can you handle the excitement?

See y'all really soon!

Re: Cooper Park-Off Season Update #1 - 3.6.2018
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 12:55 PM »
I'm in love with your Spanish and art deco architecture! It will be interesting to see how a B&M fits in with such a small and compact park. More please!

Re: Cooper Park-Construction Photos! - 3.12
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 09:33 PM »
I'm in love with your Spanish and art deco architecture! It will be interesting to see how a B&M fits in with such a small and compact park. More please!
Thank you!  Your opinion has always been admired by myself.  I think it will turn out well.  :)

Tonight I was on the construction site for the new coaster and let me tell you.  Get ready for this one.  It's shaping up to be a fantastic addition to the park.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park-Construction Photos! - 3.12.18
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Glad to see you continuing with this park. :up:

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park-Construction Photos! - 3.12.18
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Overall, I love the look of this park. I am in love with color scheme of the B&M coaster and looks like there are some good elements to help contribute to the thrill level of this park! Cannot wait to see more of the development of Cooper Park!

Re: Cooper Park-Around The Park-4.25.18
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Been quite some time since I've played or been online. Work sucks that way haha.  So I hope all of you like the changes that are coming and all that fun stuff.  :)

Welcome back to Cooper Park everyone, hope everyone is doing great!  Let's get into the park and see whats going on!

The entrance hasn't changed one bit, and I think that's a great thing

The look of the new coaster right inside the entrance looks so cool!

Looks like some testing is happening today, aren't we lucky to have caught that.

People are still loving Model T's. Still looks cool too.

Still love the fountain they added to the mini golf building.

Around The World Looks so beautiful at night.

As night falls, this was my lost shot.  Can't wait for more on this one.

Re: Cooper Park-More Land? 5.09.18
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Today I was at the park and realized that across the street the lot that had been for sale for quite some time has now been sold?  I asked around and I'm pretty sure the park scooped up this little piece of land.  But why?  Why now?

See you really soon!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 11:33 PM »
Yeah, bulldoze that abandoned Woolworth's and put more park there ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 02:14 PM »
Love me a bit of Art Deco!

Looking very good!

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 08:30 PM »
I know I'm late, but I just wanted to say that I really liked this park during the winter competition, and I'm glad to see you're continuing it.

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 02:49 AM »

Hey!

Haha, it cracks me up that those old background buildings ended up getting so much screen time when the park file got used for the challenge.  Tear them away, but make sure you get the Burger King and the apartment complexes too :)

The park still looks great Dan, anxious to see what you're going to do without all the land restrictions!

Re: Cooper Park-Strang Things are afoot...-9.2.18
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2018, 07:21 PM »
Yeah, who knows what's going on that side of the road, soon, all will be revealed.  :)

Love me a bit of Art Deco!

Looking very good!
Thank you very much!

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to say that I really liked this park during the winter competition, and I'm glad to see you're continuing it.
That's really awesome of you for commenting though!  Thanks!

Hey!

Haha, it cracks me up that those old background buildings ended up getting so much screen time when the park file got used for the challenge.  Tear them away, but make sure you get the Burger King and the apartment complexes too :)

The park still looks great Dan, anxious to see what you're going to do without all the land restrictions!
Well there will be some changes with the land and all that so that there is some better guest flow in and out of the park.  I hope, haha
……………………………………………...

I know it's been a long time since we've been at the park, but that will change for sure.  The park has captured quite an amazing shot though.  Is it me, or is this how the ride gains it's power?  Hmmmm, stay tuned to find out more.....

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park-Strange Things are afoot...-9.02.18
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Are you really going to continue working on this park? Or are you just teasing us? :P
That's a great shot.

Re: Cooper Park-Strange Things are afoot...-9.02.18
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Are you really going to continue working on this park? Or are you just teasing us? :P
That's a great shot.

Haha. Thanks Shy!  And yes, I’ve been hard at work adding more details to the park while trying to figure out what the next big idea will be. I really do love this little park I have 😊