Cooper Park--Main Street Construction--

• 47 replies
Re: Cooper Park-Festival of Frights - 09.18.18
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 06:06 PM »
This is my favorite time of year, and the park is sporting some all new haunts and spooks in the park's first annual, Festival of Frights.  Cooper Park has gone all out with decorations, scare zones, and a terrifying haunted manor.  Tonight was the last night of preparation before the park has its Fright Opening this weekend.  I was invited in to take some photos of the park's spooky transformation.  Happy Haunting everyone!

The entrance is sporting some awesome looking Jack O' Lanterns that really welcome you the season of haunts.

I know we are here for spoops, but the park has really updates the entry plaza with an all new St. Fox Coffee.  The ultra modern look really blends well between the art deco and the old school main street of the park

Welcome to the first scare zone, Camp Ozark.  Remember having a blast all Summer at camp?  Well trust me, it's nothing like that. 

Heading further into the park, we head into Pumpkin Pass.  Those pumpkins are flaming mad that they were cut up for fun.  Now they are out for revenge.

This part of the park isn't a scare zone, just some cool spoopy decorations to keep those guests freaked out......I mean happy.

This final scare zone is the best, well worst....you know what I mean.  Welcome, to The Last Colony.

I'm guessing they aren't the welcoming commitee

And here we are, the park's full walk through haunt, Mansion Embrujada. Which translates into Haunted Manor in spanish.  Which if you guessed it, is located in Plaza de Festivales.

Well I hope this excites you to come to the park this Halloween season, oh wait, I almost forgot!!!!!!!!!

The mini golf area has been completely removed from the park!  What could this mean? Come back next time and we will hopefully find out!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park--Festival of Frights!--9.18.18
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Looks positively dreadful and I mean that in a good way ;)

Also, some of the non-spooking stuff looks excellent and I'd like to see it in daylight.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Cooper Park--Festival of Frights!--9.18.18
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Love the concept of redecorating an existing park for the holidays, especially Halloween.  Great to see your work as always Dan, and I really like the way you're keeping this park going.

Re: Cooper Park--Haunting Time!--9.24.18
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Looks positively dreadful and I mean that in a good way ;)

Also, some of the non-spooking stuff looks excellent and I'd like to see it in daylight.
Thanks J!  I'm really trying to spook the place up while updating existing parts of the park.  :)

Love the concept of redecorating an existing park for the holidays, especially Halloween.  Great to see your work as always Dan, and I really like the way you're keeping this park going.
Thank you so much.  This little park has really grown on me.  :)
…………………………………………………………………..

Welcome to the first night of Festival of Frights!  The park is so proud of the first event and it really shows. The park has really transformed itself for Halloween time and there's some great scares around every corner.  Let's go check it out.

The sun is setting, and you know what that means, Festival of Frights time!!!

But first, coffee. 

Here goes nothing.  I hope I'm ready for Camp Ozark...…..

I don't think these pumpkins are very happy.  Better run.

I heard The Last Colony is looking for new residents.  Uh oh!
The park is crazy busy tonight.  Bolt is a 2 hour wait, yikes!

Mansion Embrujada is rumored to have some really nail biting stuff inside. Shall we check it out?!?!?!

On the way out I wanted to hop on this one.  I heard there have been some enhancements to the ride, and here's some of them.  Looking so awesome. 

See everyone soon.  Happy Haunting!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 02:54 PM »
The Halloween make-over looks great. I enjoy seeing this park continually change over time.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 04:44 PM »
I love your style, it is all so clean. Like a park that just opened. Also the Halloween addings look great!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 08:52 PM »
Even the 'But first, coffee' pic is scary- all the peeps feet have been cut off! :scared: Now that's scary!
I really like the Jack-o-lantern tree. :up:

Re: Cooper Park--So Long Summer!--10.10.18
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 05:55 PM »
The Halloween make-over looks great. I enjoy seeing this park continually change over time.
Thank you so much!  I have really come to love this little gem.

I love your style, it is all so clean. Like a park that just opened. Also the Halloween addings look great!
I love having things be clean and well taken care of.  and I couldn't not do a halloween theme.

Even the 'But first, coffee' pic is scary- all the peeps feet have been cut off! :scared: Now that's scary!
I really like the Jack-o-lantern tree. :up:
The stupid elevation on that concrete has been hated since I put it in.  I'll change it eventually haha.

Welcome to the last night of Festival of Frights everyone!  We can't thank everyone enough for a wonderful season of thrills and chills.  Now lets go check out the park on this crisp fall night. 

May look quiet out here, but I hear the park is absolutely packed tonight.
This is still one of my favorite buildings in the park.

Do I dare wait an hour for this?!?!?!

Mr.Boo is a wonderful walk around character.

The wait for the hanuted attraction in Plaza De Festivales is 3 hours tonight. wow!

Work walls and scaffolding have been put up around the restrooms near Around the World.
And with the final photo of the season, we can see foundations have been poured for something.  What could it be???

Thanks for an awesome season!  So long and good night!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Somehow I missed commenting on the previous update.  I think I was sneaking a peak at work and got caught :D.  Anyway, I've gone back and refreshed my memory.  Yes, that plant with the giant eyeball at Mansion Embrujada is definitely the thing that has been haunting my dreams lately  :laughing_skull:

Anyway, this latest batch of pics of pics continues the excellence of this park.  I again marvel at the facade of the entryway and that ironwork above Mr. Boo :).  I look forward to seeing what's behind the construction fencing.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Tomes

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2018, 07:19 PM »
Wonderful stuff!  I really love the look of that entrance building.  That coaster track reminds me a lot of the Newton app for No Limits.  It's a great modern looking take!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2018, 12:28 PM »
I love the decorations! This park looks great and only makes me want to see more. Incredible use of construction fences!  :D

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2018, 06:22 PM »
Somehow I missed commenting on the previous update.  I think I was sneaking a peak at work and got caught :D.  Anyway, I've gone back and refreshed my memory.  Yes, that plant with the giant eyeball at Mansion Embrujada is definitely the thing that has been haunting my dreams lately  :laughing_skull:

Anyway, this latest batch of pics of pics continues the excellence of this park.  I again marvel at the facade of the entryway and that ironwork above Mr. Boo :).  I look forward to seeing what's behind the construction fencing.
Wow, thank you so much!  I really am trying to try different styles of architecture and building to see what I can come up with

Wonderful stuff!  I really love the look of that entrance building.  That coaster track reminds me a lot of the Newton app for No Limits.  It's a great modern looking take!
Thank you very much!  I love modern architecture and sleek design, so I really tried to make it my own.  Theres more of that coming too.

I love the decorations! This park looks great and only makes me want to see more. Incredible use of construction fences!  :D
I do love some great fences!  :p

Just a really fast update.  We've been away for awhile and the park seems to have added a few new things.  Can't wait to see everything behind the fence!  #Whatsbehindthefence

See everyone real soon!

Re: Cooper Park--Teasers N' Things--10.27.18
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Welcome back to Cooper Park everyone.  Today my fellow guests and I were invited to a passholder preview to check out the new area that was the former mini golf course.  And let me tell you, this is certainly a step up.  The park took this chance to expand the European area and add some awesome details to make this expansion really nice.  So I hope everyone enjoys the photos I took to show off what the park has done this off season.

Walking up to the former mini gold area, we can really see how much work has been done.

Getting closer we can see how much bigger the area feels, now that its been opened up.

The park added a new Quik-Serv restaurant, Professor Bratwurst and Schnitzel.

The first of two flats is an oldie, but goodie.  The Flying Carousel.

Here's the second of two new flat rides, Air Raid.  It may look tame, but it's a crazy ride.

In the last couple of photos, I wanted to show off the details the park added.  A beautiful fountain right in the center of the area.  Very beautiful.

And lastly, this new living wall that seperates the coaster and the new area.  Looks great if you ask me.

Hope to see evryone real soon!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park--An all New Expasnsion--10.30.18
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2018, 07:00 PM »
I really like the mainstreet look of the major buildings and that vine trellis is beautiful!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 09:26 PM »
I second what Bullethead said. That trellis wall caught my eye in the first screenshot of your post. I was fascinated by it but couldn't tell what it was from that distance. And seeing it up close, beautiful. I also like the horse-drawn cart thingy that was turned into a planter.

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Great little area! Much better use of space than the mini golf.

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Great little area! Much better use of space than the mini golf.
Well I do think so too!  :)

I second what Bullethead said. That trellis wall caught my eye in the first screenshot of your post. I was fascinated by it but couldn't tell what it was from that distance. And seeing it up close, beautiful. I also like the horse-drawn cart thingy that was turned into a planter.
I'm really trying to beautify the park quite a bit.  There's plenty more coming.  And thank you!
I really like the mainstreet look of the major buildings and that vine trellis is beautiful!
Thank you!  The main street is a changin'
……………………………………….

Today I just stopped by the park to ride Bolt on this beautiful evening.  And while walking into the park I noticed that Main Street has some new work happening.  Can anyone guess what could be going on?

Hope to see everyone soon!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park--Main Street Construction--
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2018, 07:42 PM »
Can anyone guess what could be going on?[/b][/i]

A beignet bar?  Reminds me of a place in the French Quarter :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page