Cooper Park--4th of July Festivities!--6.30.19

• 66 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park--2019 Season In Full Bloom!
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2019, 01:38 PM »
DragsterDan: I'd like to see more of the Bavarian/German/Austrian/Alpine area. I like the evergreen trees, the natural rock, and the Professor Wurst structure.

Quote from BH: "Hmmm.....  An artichoke is a completely edible flower and also part of Italian cuisine so goes with pizza.  I'm pretty sure that in New Orleans you can get artichoke pizza :)."

I was thinking more along the lines of Nasturtiums or Roses. Even though they're edible, I don't think I'd want them on my pizza. ;)  I think the flower, or 'choke', part of an artichoke (in the thistle family) is the only part that isn't edible. The leaves, yes. The heart, yes. The root, I don't know about. But the flower would be like eating polyester batting I think. That's why it's called a 'choke'.

But we're probably all wrong. The sign seems to indicate a pizza place, hard to tell. Maybe it's a Dorito place. Or a waffle house; yeah, that's it- a waffle house. :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:41 PM by JB »

Re: Cooper Park--ROCKET ROD--6.21.19
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2019, 06:33 PM »
JC8 - Thanks for doing an awesome trip update for my park.  As always, it looked so good!

JB - The Spanish plaza is one of my favorites.  I'm hoping I can do more with it. and that European area is something I has been toying with for awhile.  I'm just surprised I made it fit in the tiny area it's in haha.

Bullethead - Thanks so much for the awesome words man.  I really love this little park.
…….........…………......……......….........…......…...……

Cooper Park's 2019 Summer season is in full swing.  I know it's been awhile since we have done any park updates, but that's all changing.  So for now, I wanted to leave everyone with a view of the newest ride to change the skyline at the park.  Rocket Rod.  Can't wait for everyone to see more.  Have a great night!

A HUGE thanks to Intim305's amazing Sky Rocket II model that I used for this model!  It's incredible.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:52 PM by DragsterDan1987 »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park--ROCKET ROD--6.21.19
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2019, 05:07 AM »
I really like the style of that station and surrounding decor, including the signs.  Very imaginative stuff there.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Cooper Park--Happy 4th!--6.3019
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2019, 04:33 PM »
I really like the style of that station and surrounding decor, including the signs.  Very imaginative stuff there.
It's turned out better than I thought it would.  Thanks!
………......….…………...……………….
Welcome one and all to, the busiest week of the Summer season! Fourth of July!!!  The weather is warm, the park is packed, and the rides are running!  Let's head in and check everything out.

Some stars and striped adorn the entrance. Looks nice.

Look at the size of that new coaster!  I cannot wait to ride in the front of Rocket Rod.

Orbiter and Rocket Rod look amazing in this new area of the park. 

You get some serious height on Orbiter.  Tres is a baby ride now.   :)

This area of the park is still one of the best. Especially at sunset.

Now these 2 new rides look amazing on the horizon, but one of the original park structures that housed the first food court, and then a coffee shop has been removed.  I wonder why?

I hope y'all enjoyed, Happy 4th of July!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 04:45 PM by DragsterDan1987 »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Cooper Park--4th of July Festivities!--6.30.19
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2019, 10:05 PM »
That's a really dramatic shot of Orbiter sticking out from the trees (pic #4). And I like the street lights with the white 'sugar cubes' sticking out all over. They remind me of the vintage Disneyland Tomorrowland lights ('50s- early '60s) that looked like olives on toothpicks.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Those are all really beautiful pics!  The layout, architecture and gardening are all superb!  And I'm still loving that sort-of art-deco/sci-fi look.  The info building with that stack corner of diagonal slabs...  I really like that ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56 AM »
Impressive new coaster... original for a PC coaster and great supports.

Really like how this park is continuing it's growth.  I'd love to see a recent overhead to compare against my memories of your original release.