Adventure World

• 31 replies
Adventure World
« on: March 04, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Adventure World started out in Challenge mode on Harder difficulty with free rides & a park entry price.  I wanted to see if it could be done and it can! The entrance is heavily inspired by International Street at Kings Dominion & includes a Racer 75(formally known as Rebel Yell) recreation. It's not quite the same but close!

There will be 3 World's total with "Fort Frontier" currently the first completed world.  "Desert Dunes" is currently under construction and the 3rd world will be announced after. 

Phase 1,

Phase 2, "Fort Frontier"

Phase 3, "Desert Dunes" (under construction)

Workshop Link (phase 2): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1320967444

Album documenting the development: https://imgur.com/a/VLNAE
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:53 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure World
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:42 PM »
I can see the inspiration to Kings Dominion even though I have only been to Kings Island, but it is essentially the same idea. I really like the layout and I feel you are going to go far with this park. Good work!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Thanks cody!  I was planning to take a break but I wanted to make a haunted house really bad..."Why can't I quit you planet coaster?!" :P

Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/SyycX
Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1331847504
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:10 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Judging by the queue, I am going to need to buy priority pass!  ::) Awesome job on the haunted house, I love the realism you have with the facades and the ride buildings. If you do take a break, do not let a good idea go to waste. Once an idea pops up in your mind, start working on it immediately because that is how the best works keep getting better.  :up:

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:06 PM »
Judging by the queue, I am going to need to buy priority pass!  ::) Awesome job on the haunted house, I love the realism you have with the facades and the ride buildings. If you do take a break, do not let a good idea go to waste. Once an idea pops up in your mind, start working on it immediately because that is how the best works keep getting better.  :up:

I never let an idea go to waste  :)  it just sits around in my head waiting to happen some day, haha. 

Fort Frontier is now open!

Album: https://imgur.com/a/vbsrc
Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1320967444

Started working on phase 3, "Desert Dunes",
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:01 AM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:48 PM »
There is some really excellent work in that album.  Dirt-sculpting, ride-building, path-bashing, and the overall look of it all.  Very well done.  You should put some of those pics in the thread for those too lazy or blind to follow or even see the album link.  This needs to be shown off more ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Love the themeing and terraforming in Fort Frontier. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in Desert Dunes.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Thanks guys! 

Love the themeing and terraforming in Fort Frontier. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in Desert Dunes.

Definitely not as much terraforming! That was just a bit much with fort frontier, I need a break from it. ;D

There is some really excellent work in that album.  Dirt-sculpting, ride-building, path-bashing, and the overall look of it all.  Very well done.  You should put some of those pics in the thread for those too lazy or blind to follow or even see the album link.  This needs to be shown off more ;)

What's path-bashing?   :P

I crammed in a junior coaster,

and I love how this monorail station turned out,

Adding path snake trim, (and planters!  I love making little planters).  This snake trim is why the pathing ended up being flat.  I originally planned to have it rolling up and over sandy dunes but when I made the snake columns I really loved the idea of the snake continuing on through the path trim.  I just thought it looked pretty cool!

Been waiting a long time to add this coaster to one of my parks, I built it a while ago,

I'll keep this updated a little more often instead of, "surprise an entirely new area is complete!"  haha  :n00b: 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:13 AM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 07:34 AM »
What's path-bashing?   :P

It's the adversarial process of hammering, blasting, and cursing at the uncooperative path system until you utterly crush its resistance and end up with the complex and cool path layout you wanted.  It is a brutal war replete with atrocities but it must be done to make the park.  You're obviously quite good at it.  The path system no doubt shudders at the mention of your name  :up:

and I love how this monorail station turned out.....   
Adding path snake trim....

That station is GENIUS and flawlessly executed.  And that snake column with the long tail looks really cool :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 02:28 AM »
It's the adversarial process of hammering, blasting, and cursing at the uncooperative path system until you utterly crush its resistance and end up with the complex and cool path layout you wanted.  It is a brutal war replete with atrocities but it must be done to make the park.  You're obviously quite good at it.  The path system no doubt shudders at the mention of your name  :up:

lol, and it only took 2+ years to master! ;D

That station is GENIUS and flawlessly executed.  And that snake column with the long tail looks really cool :)
Ahh the worst thing about that station was that I forgot to add the entrance/exit before cutting out the terrain (it was built underground first and then I lowered the terrain around it so I couldn't place them...oops).  So I had to redo it! ...and then redo it ONE more time because wine was involved :facepalm:

Updated progress,

Looking forward to making some generic rustic wood Info/Restroom signs when the kit creator comes out. 

Removed leone and added the Genie ride underground.  Entrance is a bit boring, thinking about seeing if I can make a large genie lamp to put somewhere.  Actually I might just wait for the kit and make it that way instead of using shapes.  I think people would like to have an oversized genie lamp (and a normal size too). 

Snake tails leading to...

Back to procrastinating on The Nile and just doing little details.   :n00b:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:53 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38 AM »
love the boat drop idea.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Looks like an insane drop...
I like the idea with the flatride swinging through the giant Pyramid.
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Thanks guys!

Looks like an insane drop...
I like the idea with the flatride swinging through the giant Pyramid.

I figure since kids can't ride the water coaster I'll just punish the teens/adults!  :w00t:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:09 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 07:39 PM »
So I had to redo it! ...and then redo it ONE more time because wine was involved :facepalm:

That's your problem right there.  Should have been drinking whiskey.  Wine is evil ;)

Anyway, that's all stupendously imaginative.,  At first I wondered why there was a big Texas Rangers badge sticking out of a pyramid, then I realized that was a ride.  Wow, that's quite unique ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 02:14 PM »
That's your problem right there.  Should have been drinking whiskey.  Wine is evil ;)

Anyway, that's all stupendously imaginative.,  At first I wondered why there was a big Texas Rangers badge sticking out of a pyramid, then I realized that was a ride.  Wow, that's quite unique ;)

If whiskey was involved I would have redone everything.   :n00b: 

I gotta give credit to Barnstormer at Dollywood, that's where the idea came from,

Different ride & theme but similar concept. 

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 12:41 PM »
I love that Nile sign. The snake columns look perfect. And that Giant Frisbee ride looks terrifying!

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I love that Nile sign. The snake columns look perfect. And that Giant Frisbee ride looks terrifying!

Thanks! I don't think I could ever ride one of those giant frisbee rides in real life.  And in this case? Feeling like you're going to smack into a temple and lose your limbs?  :scared: Nope!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 04:55 AM »
OMG that waterfall drop is so creative and just perfect!!!!  I love how the door is leaking with little streams of water and then it opens like a literal floodgate.  And that splash at the bottom is so perfectly timed.  WOW!

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Thanks Fisherman!  Originally it was just a normal ol' waterfall but I thought, "This could use a temple door!"  which then led to what it became  :up:  Gotta time the lower falls section a little better, it can be difficult when the frame rate is choking. 

Made the sign,

...too soon? ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:39 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Made the sign,

An excellent sign, and even more excellent gateposts on either side of the path.  Huge mugs of flaming absinthe with cobras adding symbolism to the handles!  Tres fin de siècle!  I am SO wishing this was a real park :euro:

...too soon? ;D

If they're selling absinthe across the way, then no :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 12:29 AM »
The snakes exhale green smoke every 120 seconds, pretty close to absinthe breath!   :P

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 07:12 AM »
I LOVE how your wrapped the snakes around the columns!!

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 04:17 PM »
I LOVE how your wrapped the snakes around the columns!!

Thanks!  Just another one of those things I had to redo. It used to not be connected correctly and that bothered me...  :facepalm:

I threw them up on the workshop in case anyone is interested in using them,
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570030580

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:24 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 06:55 PM »

Woohoo!  Probably going to redo it, got a little sloppy with the geometry around the rim parts, the symmetry is uneven in places & it's fatter than the genie ride lamp.  Oh my!   :n00b:  Might just try to fix it but the more practice the better! Looking forward to getting this in the park. ...not looking forward to the texture part... :scared:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2018, 08:00 PM »
That's a very nice lamp ;)

That looks like you used an assload of sides on the starting primitives, though, which might end you up with too many triangles for TMT.  All the 3D gurus say it's better to use fewer sides and use smoothing to keep the triangles low.  But I don't know how that will translate in TMT.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2018, 08:40 PM »
I cheated and subdivided it to make it look better  :whistling:  It's pretty low poly...I think?   :help:   haha

I will definitely keep that in mind though and watch the poly count more, thanks for the tip  :up:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:42 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 07:02 PM »
I am loving how this park is growing and developing. Well done!

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Thanks Cody!

Been chipping away at The Nile...getting close to finishing! 

Gave the temple a more jungle-y theme,

Early build of the river rapids section, (before I extended it)

Layout of the ride, (at almost 5 minutes long this is definitely the longest ride I've made)

Should be all done shortly after the new year.   :up:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:06 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 06:19 PM »
Wow, your theming is just so off the charts.  Not just the rides... but everything.  You take the concept and go in places my tiny brain could never come up with.

Is this going to get a POV?  Or at least a workshop upload?  I feel like I just have to experience this one.  :D

Also, how do you make those little gif's to show off special effects?  Such a clever way to avoid making people sit through a youtube video when all you're really trying to do is show a couple of seconds...

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Wow, that's very nifty.  Reminds me of that secret oasis in "The Mummy Returns" where the underbrush was full of little undead cannibal pygmies ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page