• 91 replies

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
Re: Enchanted Lake
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2020, 02:27 PM »
OMG what is happening here Wowman!

We have drawings, real model built, and Planco creation in one project. Man how do you manage real life time and creating. Really you have me to tell your secret.

I love your centrepiece of your entrance. This is going to be a ride to follow.

Go on man! Go on!  :up:
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2020, 05:45 PM »
This is going to be a neat row of shops. Are you going to search the Workshop for some one-of-a-kind curiosities to include in the shop? That would be kinda fun.
already did and used what I could find. Not as much out there as you would hope/think

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2020, 08:42 PM »
Nice to see this back again. Wonderful work! Really like the new row of shops. Can't wait to see your version!

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Here is the interior of the shop coming together. Going to make it as filled as I can without repeating too many pieces.

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2020, 08:36 PM »
A couple more shots from ground level of the unfinished shop

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2020, 06:49 AM »
Here is this first shop (of what will be the row of shops) completed.

Here is where you can see the backside of the building is no way guest friendly.

Front of the shop

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Seven Seas
    • View Profile
    • Seven Seas
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2020, 03:16 PM »
love that ugly backstage shed!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2020, 09:16 PM »
Hmm. I guess yer gonna wait to show us all the "Oddities & Curiosities" inside the shop, huh? I mean, we've seen the inside, but the shelves looked pretty bare at the time; just some musty old books. (I bet some of them were magical spell books, though. ;))  I wanna see an elephant's foot umbrella stand! Or a guillotine themed cuckoo clock! :D  Honestly though, I'm not getting my expectations up too high, after you said you had trouble finding unusual things for the shop. No pressure. But I still wanna see a mink-lined bathtub... or P.T. Barnum's mummified monkey/mermaid thingy! Again, no pressure.

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2020, 12:35 PM »
Great - now I might have to go back and be more creative before I post the next set of pics

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Ha! It'll be good for you; being creative stimulates the brain cells. Seriously though, I was just being snarky. I'll be happy with whatever you show us... maybe... probably... we'll see.

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Here are some day lit inside photos with the shelves more full of items. I was struggling finding items all ready available that were more on the 'odd side', so I did what I could. I have some new ideas that I will be adding in a sharing later as well. JB has challenged me, so for now, here is what I have, but I promise additions.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2020, 02:56 PM »
Success! It already surpasses my expectations, wowman. Plenty of stuff here to keep me occupied: "What's that?", "How does this work?", "Is that thing real?", "Wow, I've never seen one of those before."

It definitely has that "Oddities & Curiosities" feel. :up:

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2020, 05:02 PM »
Very clever interior! I may steal a couple of ideas!

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Very clever interior! I may steal a couple of ideas!
Go for it!! I'm not done yet. Have a few more ideas to try this week.
(if I ever can find time to play the game right now)

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Nice. That interior is outstanding. I don't have the pacients for that unfortunatly. The lack of skills is biting me on this kind of building as well.

On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2020, 08:36 AM »
Great to catch up on this project. I like it, keep up the good work.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2020, 07:50 PM »

Outside the shop at night

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2020, 10:40 PM »
Oh my, betterer and betterer. :)  The shop definitely lives up to its name. In the 2nd pic, the gargoyle is the real eye-catcher. And in the night shot, that one lit window is the icing-on-the-cake that completes the whole scene.

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Oh my, betterer and betterer. :)  The shop definitely lives up to its name. In the 2nd pic, the gargoyle is the real eye-catcher. And in the night shot, that one lit window is the icing-on-the-cake that completes the whole scene.
I have been adding a few more surprises for you and will post them soon.

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2020, 08:06 PM »
OMG what is happening here Wowman!

We have drawings, real model built, and Planco creation in one project. Man how do you manage real life time and creating. Really you have me to tell your secret.

I love your centrepiece of your entrance. This is going to be a ride to follow.

Go on man! Go on!  :up:
Just to be clear...the drawings and the model were done by my buddy who designed the concept for this park...something he dreams of building in real life. I took on the challenge of trying to make a version of it in game so he could see what it might look like to actually walk through the park and see it in all its glory.

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2020, 08:10 PM »
Here is the shop at night with more of the mood lighting on. Some of the shelves and walls still have some empty spots in these shots, but I will fill them in more next.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2020, 10:06 PM »
The night lighting really gives the shop an arcane and mysterious feel. I don't even know what some of these things are. :o

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2020, 07:35 PM »
JB -  few more additions for you here...including a couple you specifically requested...can you I Spy them?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Oooh, you included a couple of my 'requests' and then challenged me to find them. I scrutinized the first two pics and didn't see anything particularly familiar. I was getting kinda worried. But then, in the 3rd pic, there they were-  Barnum's monkey/mermaid (upper right) and the elephant's foot umbrella stand. Please tell me you didn't bury an entire elephant under the floor of the shop just to get the umbrella stand(!).

Things floating in jars (first pic) are always a curiosity stimulator. In the 2nd pic, that appears to be an African ceremonial head-chopping sword(?) on the wall. (Maybe Polynesian.) In the 3rd pic, bottom left on the bookshelf, that 4-legged galloping shrimp thingy has me totally stumped.

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2020, 08:49 AM »
yes - I had to bury/hide an elephant

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2020, 08:25 AM »
Last few pictures of some newly added items

The view from up by Sal's office

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2020, 04:11 PM »
I like how there is (apparently) no rhyme-or-reason to the placement of things. That one display has skulls, crystals, aliens, gargoyles, cake(?), candy(?), books, and something-I-can't-tell-what-it-is. You did a very good job on this shop, wowman. Seems like you had a fun time doing it; at least that's how it feels, just by looking at it.

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2020, 06:54 PM »
I like how there is (apparently) no rhyme-or-reason to the placement of things. That one display has skulls, crystals, aliens, gargoyles, cake(?), candy(?), books, and something-I-can't-tell-what-it-is. You did a very good job on this shop, wowman. Seems like you had a fun time doing it; at least that's how it feels, just by looking at it.
Ha thanks. I have no clue what that was either...was just looking for weird things to place and I don't recall what that was. I'll see if I can go back and figure that out.

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Started working on the buildings on the rest of the right side of the promenade. More specifically, I added a few large planting beds and bench seating for guests between the shops and the lake.

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Just to be clear...the drawings and the model were done by my buddy who designed the concept for this park...something he dreams of building in real life. I took on the challenge of trying to make a version of it in game so he could see what it might look like to actually walk through the park and see it in all its glory.

Well, missed some parts apparently while reading the introduction I think.  :sweat:
So there is no secret. But still as spectator I really like the whole presentation of this project.