« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Here is what I came up with for the 'sun tree' centerpiece in the main plaza

Nifty design, but I'm worried about radiation  :D
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Enchanted Lake
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2018, 12:04 PM »
What fun is it if you can't go to an amusement park and not get any radiation?

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 11:48 AM »
That is clever.  I really like the "decal" on the path.

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 12:14 PM »
That decal took a long time to do...it was painful trying many different pieces and lining them all up, but I do like the end result....and so did my friend. the best find was the longer yellow points. Those ended up being made the temple wall piece that's like an angled wall...flipped on its side, sunk, and then mirror imaged to get the full point.

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Here is what I used

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 08:05 PM »
Been really busy and haven't worked on this park in a while. My buddy asked if I could put the ticket booths in the entrance gate towers as that was how he originally envisioned it. So here is a re-working of the front gate area. I left the original ticket booth and made it into an info building.
Before

After

Zoomed in a bit more

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 08:15 PM »
A very nice entrance. Simple, yet inviting.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 06:04 AM »
This is looking really good. I love the small windy paths with the heavily planted islands in them. I may have to borrow that idea. And the sun tree centre piece is gorgeous, that's also inspired me. And I have to say that using the temple pieces for the floor decal is just genius. I would never have thought of that. It gives it a more natural texture for a path, rather than just having to use the art shapes like I have done before now.

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Love the radiation tree! Will there be a toxic waste lake?  :D

Agree with Nemmie on the small islands in the middle of the paths. Very well thought out, with just tons of detail. Really sets the mood for the whole place.

If I may, the old roofs on the entrance buildings look out of place, like the new shop wall was just sort of placed in front. You might want to reconsider changing one or the other.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 10:34 AM »
THX - I think I will change those walls. Not sure why I even used them in the first place

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Such a charming park. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Such a charming park. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 02:00 PM »
THX - I need to do some work on this park this weekend. Been stale on it for a while working on my other project

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2018, 11:41 AM »
My buddy finally finish coloring and detailing his map of this park. I guess I need to put more time into this else, this will be one of these other multi-year park builds that I do.

He also did something interesting...he painted the map with glow in the dark paint to see what it might look like at night. He said it didn't photograph very well, but looks great in person.

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2018, 11:44 AM »
The other thing I just noticed...he did this map with the entrance at the top of the map...I don't think I have ever seen this before...they are always with the entrance at the bottom of the map.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Very cool map.  I can imagine the night version would be quite nice in person ;).

Well, you're committed now.  Can't let your buddy's work go to waste.

The Dixie Landin' official map has the entrance in the upper left corner, and the Blue Bayou official map (the tragically conjoined water park) has its entrance in the upper right corner.  This is because the park is very oblong so the map has the long sides at top and bottom, so this is understandable.  But yeah, it's unusual for a square park.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2018, 12:26 AM »
omg that map is stunning! i love those concepts! And definitly like your wooden walkway. i will stay and watch your progress!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Well...I'm bumping this thread back to being active.
My buddy recently reached out to me with an update to his dream park (that he really wants to build in real life).
He has been working on a diorama of the park. He did change the layout a bit and scaled the park down, but didn't explain why. Also the layout changed a bit because of this and he added a few different rides from his original plan.

Well, seeing as I was originally inspired by his original plan...I told him that I will keep moving forward with that, but would continue to take a few creative advantages where needed...and that I would also incorporate his new rides into the map somehow.

So needless to say - I have started working on this park in the middle of all the other projects I have going on.
To start off here is a picture of his diorama.

I will have some new photos from new work on my park a bit later

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2020, 09:19 PM »
Wow. :)  I hadn't seen this project before. It was posted just before I became a SGW member, and just before I finally went from a slowww dial-up connection to cable broadband. Because it took so long to load images, I didn't look at very many back then.

Anyway, I really like the look and idea of this park. Some of those early images remind me of Snow White & 7 Dwarfs woods and cottage, very fairytale-y. With all the dinosaurs available now, you could do the original dino cruise as it appears on the map. Although the dragon idea seems like it would fit better with the enchanted theme of the park (as Wagi said on the previous page). I'll be following the progress of this park. (Hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew.)

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2020, 11:10 AM »
Here is the fire truck ride he envisioned. I will add this in, but it will be a faux ride in the game.

The Drive Across America ride

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2020, 02:30 PM »
That's one very cool diorama!   :up: :up: :up:

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2020, 08:35 PM »
I know - he is really working hard on this dream (that he seriously really wants to build). He mentioned I should be his design consultant because he likes what I'm doing in the game....now I have to live up to that standard!!!!

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2020, 03:22 PM »
Here is a little waterfall he has going into the lake

A dock/load platform for Swan paddle boats

The island in the middle of the lake will have a tree house village

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2020, 05:17 PM »
I really like this ! Got this tiny family owned park, like the first area of Efteling. And what an amazing model !

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Here are the last of the model shots. These two rides were not in his original map, but he added them when he reworked the layout. I will incorporate these into the original park plan (somewhere) as I start building the attractions.

A rocket ride

And a Mysterious Mine...I assume is a train dark ride of sorts (I need to get these details from him)