Enchanted Lake

• 117 replies
Re: Enchanted Lake
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2020, 09:26 AM »
Here are some of the rest of the fronts of the buildings going up on this side of the promenade. This is the Enchanted Plushies and Puppet Palace. Each will have it own front entrance, but will share the retail space inside.

These are either workshop or in-game items that have been modified to meet my needs.
The Kringle Theater - BN Village by Chronomancer
Clown Face ride entrance from in game.

Here are the backsides that will eventually be the shop interiors

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2020, 02:09 PM »
I like the idea of the two shops sharing the same interior. Seems like Disney does that a lot, as well.
Sooo, is it "Plushies", or "Plushes"? ;)  The sign says the latter, but the text is already so squished together you might not be able to fit the "i" in there anyway. No biggie, but I wasn't sure if you were aware of it.

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2020, 05:45 PM »
moving a bit further down the street is the Enchanted Designs shop. I still need to make a lot of revisions to this front to make it fit better.

What will be the interior of the shop

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2020, 08:33 PM »
I really like the looks of the shops in the first pic. Very pleasing; sucks you right in with the different widths, colors, and angles of the facades.

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2020, 05:55 PM »
THX

Further down the street, my buddy had this description.

The Secret Theatre
Guests enter what appears to be a dry cleaners. The employee brings guests to a sliding panel to let them enter the Secret Theatre with seating for 72. A 20-minute close-up magic show is performed every half hour, by 3 alternating performers.

I picked this building to modify and showed it to my friend...and he changed his mind and liked the more theater look. I felt the cleaners idea might not really draw in guests enough...so he wants me to leave it like this. I will still modify it to fit the scheme better.

Behind the faux front, I added a bunch of hotel modules that will be hidden...so that guests would actually enter the building.
The red lines are the pathways, with the doors hidden on either side, so the secret theater idea will still hold true.
The yellow line is a direct access from the street to the restrooms, and the green lines are bathroom access from within the theater building.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2020, 09:12 PM »
I think you and your friend made a wise choice by going with the theater façade. When I started reading the description I thought, "What? Who's gonna go into a dry cleaning store inside a theme park?" I understand that the magic show is meant to be a pleasant surprise (I'd like to see it. :)), but folks aren't going to know that, and won't be going into the dry cleaners, unless they spilled Dr. Pepper on their shirt or something. ;)

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2020, 02:13 PM »
I love the background of the theater, its pretty neat! I love small story details like that.

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2020, 07:14 AM »
Here is the Plushy Store interior starting to get detailed out

and the connecting puppet shop/theater

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2020, 03:13 PM »
Looks like it's gonna be another great-looking interior. I'm intrigued by that giant Tinkertoy can; is it an in-game item, a toolkit item, or a billboard image? As a kid, I loved making 'working' carnival rides out of Tinkertoys, cranked by hand, using rubber bands as belts to give them movement.

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Looks like it's gonna be another great-looking interior. I'm intrigued by that giant Tinkertoy can; is it an in-game item, a toolkit item, or a billboard image? As a kid, I loved making 'working' carnival rides out of Tinkertoys, cranked by hand, using rubber bands as belts to give them movement.
that was a toolkit item

« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2020, 07:41 PM »
You certainly have a knack for interiors. Looks great!

Very clever use of that Vintage archway. I love it, but it is hard to incorporate it into much. Nice job.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2020, 03:31 PM »
I'm enjoying seeing your process of building interiors! Looking good as always!

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2020, 03:43 PM »
here is the completed exterior during the day

Inside the plushy shop. I kind of made this combined shop also carry toys as there wasn't a lot of puppet like stuff to find/use.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2020, 09:17 PM »
I love the interior- colorful and diverse. Brings out the kid in me. For some reason, the girders on the ceiling really bring the shop to life; not sure why. At first, I thought that the marquee said "Enchanted Toulon". Toulon was the strange puppeteer in the Puppet Master films.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2020, 05:29 AM »
Probably because of the realism, it makes sense to have girders up above JB.

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2020, 12:21 PM »
more...

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:22 PM by wowmanrct »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2020, 01:45 PM »
That looks fantastic!   :o

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2020, 01:37 PM »
Looking over to the puppet half of the shared building

Puppets and toys

Puppet stage

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2020, 09:46 PM »
The storefronts look awesome! I can tell that there is an inspiration from Main Street, but also that classic boardwalk/pier feeling.

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I've really busy with work and personal stuff around the house, so this park is falling behind. This may be the last update for a bit on this park until I can find some time to work  on it more.

Here is the street view at night

backstage behind these two stores

Offline Supernovae

• Celebrating creating
    • View Profile
    • Supernovae Productions
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2020, 09:32 AM »
The detail is outstanding! Love the Jellyfishes on the ceiling  B)
On paper we have the best team of the world! It's a pitty we don't play on paper...

« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Managed to squeeze in some time to work on this park one day and started the details of the next shop  in the row. Enchanted Fashions.
Here is my buddy's description of this shop.

Enchanted Fashions
T-shirts, sweatshirts, purses and other branded clothing, along with similarly-themed clothing and accessories. This store has its own door, storefront and signage.

Here is what it looks like from the back before I really started any work on it.

Started placing the racks and displays and also working on the interior walls.

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2020, 07:44 AM »
Street side of this shop. almost has the feel of a few different buildings, but the interior is one large space.

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2020, 11:25 AM »
Looks great!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2020, 03:04 PM »
^ It does indeed look great. wowman, I bet your friend is pleased with how you are bringing his model/plan to life; well, virtual life anyway.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Love the attention to detail on the interior  :D

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Loving the fine details with the buildings: interior, backsides ect. Great realism to be seen!

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2020, 07:02 PM »
THX!!!

Inside the shop