Re: Enchanted Lake
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2020, 03:11 PM »
a few shots of this section at night

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2020, 05:55 PM »
I like that little garden area that's set back from the main path. Looks like a nice place to sit and relax amongst all the colorful flowers. That's an interesting sculpture in the plaza centerpiece. Not sure what it's meant to represent... that's what makes it interesting.

« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2020, 08:41 AM »
THX -I like to fill in empty areas like that when I can.

Moving around the corner...the first building described by my buddy is the:
Café De Magique
This small shop serves gourmet coffee and teas, fresh pastries, pies and cookies.  The shop is decorated with old magicians’ posters, props, and an animatronic bunny in a top hat. There is limited indoor seating available along with an outdoor covered patio that seats 80.

So here is the start of the is building from the outside. It has a coffee and donut shop inside and a drink shop walk up window on the outside.

here is the back view where I'm adding onto what was used from the workshop for the main interior of this shop.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2020, 04:17 AM »
Wow, what an interesting project! Great work so far! Looking forward to following this :)

« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2020, 01:18 PM »
here is the current backstage look of this side of the street. The café is now enclosed and I added some backstage roadwork for employees and support vehicles to get to all the shops.

the front of the street with the building's angles and connections further along.

« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2020, 07:32 AM »
More of the back stage area behind these buildings as I fine tune the placement of them all.
BTW - these are all from the workshop and I modify them as needed to fit my layout.

Mapping out the placement of the planters to mirror the other side of the shops. Carefully had to place to cover the 'holes' in the pathing.

« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2020, 04:50 AM »
Some additional shots of the outside of the finished cafe area. the previous bathroom nook is on the far right behind the cafe.

the entrance

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2020, 06:15 AM »
Here are some interior shots of the café.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2020, 02:44 PM »
I wasn't sure what style I was expecting for the interior, but I like the direction you went with it. Very intimate and homey, like a pub. The magician posters are a nice touch.

« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2021, 10:19 AM »
more interior

SO later on, I went back to my buddies description of the park and he had a animatronic rabbit in a hat inside this shop...so I added one.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2021, 02:42 PM »
I take it that the rabbit doesn't actually move. Did you make it mostly from art shapes? Maybe guests can toss coins into the hat, like a wishing well, to help pay for expenses. Or donate the coins to the Wayward Rabbit Foundation.

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2021, 05:38 PM »
I take it that the rabbit doesn't actually move. Did you make it mostly from art shapes? Maybe guests can toss coins into the hat, like a wishing well, to help pay for expenses. Or donate the coins to the Wayward Rabbit Foundation.
does not move (sorry). found it on the workshop. now that I'm 60, I'm getting lazy and using others hard work more.

Offline Baneif

• Roads ? Where we're going we don't need... roads !
    • View Profile
    • Turtle Bay Video Series
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Cool interior, I really like it ! Nice job   :up:
Follow me here :
Youtube
Reddit
Twitter

« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2021, 05:20 AM »
THX!

here are a couple shots of this building at night that also include the outdoor eating area.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2021, 10:07 PM »
I like all the popcorn lights, makes me feel like I want to be there. The janitor looks like he's churning butter.

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2021, 04:07 PM »
THX JB.

Moving down the street, we have Lakeside Souvenirs (and yes JB - I see I have a spelling error).

And, to move this park along a bit faster...I have decided to cheep-out on the interiors for a while. So this store interior just has a game shop behind the walls...nothing fancy.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2021, 05:39 PM »
I like the twin towers on the souvenir shop. I'm not sure I would have caught the typo in this case. I usually have to look up the spelling of that word. Maybe 'souveniers' is the official French way of spelling it. :n00b:

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03 AM »
I think you're definitely allowed to skip a few interiors when you go the all the effort you did for the cafe above.

Hahaha, love how we both think of JB when we're posting photos.  It hasn't prevented me from posting mistakes in my photos, but it definitely helps me find them faster.  :)

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2021, 10:02 AM »
I think you're definitely allowed to skip a few interiors when you go the all the effort you did for the cafe above.

Hahaha, love how we both think of JB when we're posting photos.  It hasn't prevented me from posting mistakes in my photos, but it definitely helps me find them faster.  :)

Hmmm...maybe we are onto something here...Some sort of "Fool JB" contest. See if he can find more errors in screen shots than anyone else. I may need to think about this some more and see what I can come up with.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2021, 10:04 PM »
Too late. JB is already a fool. :w00t:  Actually, I don't think I would stand a chance at spotting deliberate errors from you guys. Oh, I catch the occasional typo or notice when something defies the laws of physics (when it's not supposed to), but that's about it. If you've forgotten (or if you didn't know), I don't have the game. So I wouldn't be very good at spotting technical things, things that are game specific. Besides, I'm sure many other SGWers spot the errors/typos too; they just don't bother mentioning them like I do. See? I told you I'm a fool.

I really don't set out looking for errors when I look at your images. But if something jumps out at me...

« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2021, 05:15 AM »
Too late. JB is already a fool. :w00t:  Actually, I don't think I would stand a chance at spotting deliberate errors from you guys. Oh, I catch the occasional typo or notice when something defies the laws of physics (when it's not supposed to), but that's about it. If you've forgotten (or if you didn't know), I don't have the game. So I wouldn't be very good at spotting technical things, things that are game specific. Besides, I'm sure many other SGWers spot the errors/typos too; they just don't bother mentioning them like I do. See? I told you I'm a fool.

I really don't set out looking for errors when I look at your images. But if something jumps out at me...
I was referring more to sign errors and upside down trees. :)

« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Moving further down the street...there are a couple filler buildings that serve no real purpose. One is a Staff building, but because I'm in sandbox mode it will never get used. If you notice the gaited area is the cast member exit to the cast parking that will be behind these buildings.

« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Here is the write up from my buddy about the next couple of shops on this street.

Enchanted Lake Magicians’ Supplies - This is an old-fashioned magic shop with a small stage for demonstrations. In addition to magic tricks, books and supplies, there are practical jokes and costumes for sale.

Village Joke and Costume Shop - The joke shop has its own door, storefront and signage, but shares the same interior space as the magic shop.

And like he says in the write up. the two shops share the same interior, which I did here, but once again....I decided to not detail out the shops.

I would have more fun with this if there was more out there in the game or the workshop to pick from, but I'm getting tired of using the same props for all the store interiors.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2021, 10:28 PM »
Two really nice store-fronts. I especially like the shape and blue color of the Magicians' Supplies shop.