Enchanted Lake

• 383 replies
Re: Enchanted Lake
« Reply #330 on: January 20, 2022, 08:18 AM »
Love the castle. What wall set is that?

Just a quick suggestion. Maybe add a tower, a minaret, or a small extension on the top of the castle? That long straight wall could use a little umphh!

« Reply #331 on: January 20, 2022, 01:18 PM »

Just a quick suggestion. Maybe add a tower, a minaret, or a small extension on the top of the castle? That long straight wall could use a little umphh!
THX for the suggestion. I struggle with this park design a bit. The idea of this park was a dream from a buddy of mine, for a real life park that he wants to build. I am using his prospectus as a map for this park. His budget and original envision was for this to be a small mom/pop park. Budget would be limited and design elements would be very basic. Most all buildings would be quick build warehouse type buildings. So...I struggle not to design the crap out this park like I do in my other parks. I keep finding myself holding back and doing limited, but select limited design elements. Its all over the place as far as this goes, but getting feedback from my buddy as I do this build is that I need to scale back. I don't listen to him fully, but try to make some aspects, especially what he has drawn out, more to his expected scale. The whole reason I'm doing this build is so that I can show him virtual walkthroughs of his vision. He like it overall, but does continue to call me out on the scale of things. So, for this castle I tried to make the front a but more designed and the sides just a skin to cover up metal walls that are in view of guests. SO while it can use more, I am holding back a bit. I should do two version....what he really wants...and what I really want to do...but just don't have time to pull that off. Keep the recommendations coming.

« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2022, 01:18 PM »
THX for the suggestion. I struggle with this park design a bit. The idea of this park was a dream from a buddy of mine, for a real life park that he wants to build. I am using his prospectus as a map for this park. His budget and original envision was for this to be a small mom/pop park. Budget would be limited and design elements would be very basic. Most all buildings would be quick build warehouse type buildings. So...I struggle not to design the crap out this park like I do in my other parks. I keep finding myself holding back and doing limited, but select limited design elements. Its all over the place as far as this goes, but getting feedback from my buddy as I do this build is that I need to scale back. I don't listen to him fully, but try to make some aspects, especially what he has drawn out, more to his expected scale. The whole reason I'm doing this build is so that I can show him virtual walkthroughs of his vision. He like it overall, but does continue to call me out on the scale of things. So, for this castle I tried to make the front a but more designed and the sides just a skin to cover up metal walls that are in view of guests. SO while it can use more, I am holding back a bit. I should do two version....what he really wants...and what I really want to do...but just don't have time to pull that off. Keep the recommendations coming.
And...I will look up the wall set as Use it a lot.

« Reply #333 on: January 21, 2022, 12:05 PM »

creator: blackmanshadow
Search for 'Ruine' and he has a whole set

« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Here are a few night shots from the Enchanted walkway (around the lake) that leads up to the Merlin Plaza.

Enchanted Way

The carrousel

« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2022, 07:18 AM »
The castle courtyard at night

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2022, 02:35 PM »
The use of blue and purple lighting really adds to the mysterious and fantastical atmosphere of the castle (Maybe some of that is moonlight?). And it emphasizes the natural flame lighting from the torches. Nice!

« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2022, 11:00 AM »
THX...I think most of that lighting is not from the moon.

Here are a few night time shots of the shop area.

« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2022, 05:20 PM »
The castle looks great. Love that entrance sign.

« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2022, 07:28 PM »
THX - and its not even a full castle. Basically a warehouse building with a faux front

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2022, 05:10 AM »
Wonderful theme and atmosphere. Especially the colour and light details you have put into your park.  :D

« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2022, 03:32 PM »
THX

Here is my buddies drawing from this part of the park. You can see how its more of a warehouse type building with a faux front, which it what I tried to emulate.

« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2022, 06:41 AM »
more night shots from the castle plaza area

« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2022, 06:03 AM »
Lets do a walkthrough of the castle attraction now.

Starting with the outside again.

Crossing the moat bridge and entering the main castle entrance hall

The main Entrance hall
Walls move, painting spin, gargoyles move, armor walks, etc. Quite a lot is going on here.

« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2022, 10:18 AM »
More of the entrance hall

Head towards the bookshelves

Where they open up for you to continue on

« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2022, 06:39 AM »
As you enter the passage the castle transforms more into a fun house type attraction and loses much of the castle feel (for a while anyway).

The sterile hallway enters the hall of mirrors. The game and workshop doesn't have a very viable selection of mirror surfaces, so this hall of mirrors is more a hall of glass, but it was the best I could do.

I painstakingly added paths and blocker ribbons all throughout these glass walls to get guests to walk through this room without going through scenery.

« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2022, 04:11 PM »
Love it!

« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2022, 07:54 AM »
As you leave the mirror room, you walk through a series of rotating tubes.

Once you leave the entrance hall of this attraction and enter the mirror room, I did change the look and feel of the walkthrough to be more of a creepy, dreamlike, weird funhouse atmosphere for most of the rest of the attraction.

« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2022, 09:51 AM »
The eye at the end of the last tunnel open to reveal a creepy clown/circus room

the ooze in the doorway lifts so you can continue on.

« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2022, 06:32 AM »
continuing on through the creepy clown room

and through a short stone hallway

« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2022, 08:51 PM »
Next you head through a room of glowing webs. The floor in this room is also a net trampoline material so bouncing is encouraged.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2022, 10:16 PM »
I like the multi-colored spider webs... trippy! Reminds me of something you'd see in Disney's Alice In Wonderland dark ride. I also like the trampoline floor; sounds like fun!

« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2022, 09:46 AM »
The next hallway has swirls, bubbles, confetti, lasers, and blowing air from the floor.

and then the creepy balloon room

« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2022, 06:53 AM »
This is where the walking tour takes a bit of a change. The balloon room goes into the tropical conservatory. More of a typical plants and statues. Yes still a bit creepy, but more in line of a room you might actually find in a castle/mansion. This room also serves as a double function. this is the queue for the hidden ride that was used to 'lure' guests (using the mechanics of the game) down the paths and through the castle. It was the only way I could get a close to real walkthrough attraction to even remotely work.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 01, 2022, 07:43 AM »
Very cool!

« Reply #355 on: April 02, 2022, 05:47 AM »
looking down through a skylight into the conservatory

here is the 'hidden' ride in the back corner of this building that is used to lure the guests through the walkthrough attraction.
No theme here as its intended not to be part of the actual park, but used as a way to fool the game mechanics.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2022, 12:49 PM »
I've done that a few times in RCT3 as well, conceal a ride out-of-sight to create a walk-thru attraction. We shouldn't have to resort to trickery.  :mad:up:  I think Theme Park Builder 3D, the user-made program that was never completed, was going to be capable of walk-thru attractions. Actually, that game may still be in production?

« Reply #357 on: April 06, 2022, 04:04 PM »
after exiting the faux ride...the walkthrough continues on through a crystal garden.

« Reply #358 on: April 08, 2022, 08:11 AM »
I think Theme Park Builder 3D, the user-made program that was never completed, was going to be capable of walk-thru attractions. Actually, that game may still be in production?
Dead and buried, but only after taking the money of a whole bunch of people. I paid for the development of a tea cup ride, and it never even made it into the game. Forget about game CD or the t-Shirt!

Sorry to hijack your thread, wowman. Love the walk through! Looks really great! Love the conservatory!

« Reply #359 on: April 08, 2022, 08:34 AM »
Dead and buried, but only after taking the money of a whole bunch of people. I paid for the development of a tea cup ride, and it never even made it into the game. Forget about game CD or the t-Shirt!

Sorry to hijack your thread, wowman. Love the walk through! Looks really great! Love the conservatory!
NP - - this is all interesting stuff...and more "walkthrough" attractions to come in this park.