Enchanted Lake

• 383 replies
Re: Enchanted Lake
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2022, 01:51 PM »
Done a few "shows" and walkthroughs myself. All you can do is hide a ride. Maybe PC2?!?!?!?!

Saw that Planet Zoo now has sales stands you can custom decorate! Again, hopefully a buildup to Planet Coaster 2!

« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2022, 07:02 AM »
After leaving the actual building, the path continues towards a large outdoor hedge maze.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2022, 02:17 PM »
I want one of those toothy plants on the right in the last pic.

« Reply #363 on: April 18, 2022, 03:49 PM »
Here is what the entire maze looks like from above.

took many hours messing with pathways, barriers, vantage points, hidden vending machines, etc., to get guests to walk through this maze and never always take the same route.

Here are the possible routes.
Purple and orange are the most populate (I think because they are the shortest).
Blue is a longer option that I lure them to.
Yellow dashes are path of entertainer.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 18, 2022, 08:14 PM »
Again, we're forced to jump through many hoops to accomplish what should be a fairly straight forward attraction in these simulation games. Oh well, I suppose figuring out how to do it is half the fun?

« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2022, 01:46 PM »
Entering the maze

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2022, 07:38 PM »
The maze looks beautiful and fanciful. It'd be fun to go through in real life.

« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2022, 10:34 AM »
THX - it started as a download from the workshop, but had to be manipulated quite a bit to get the pathing to work like I wanted it.

More maze

heading out of the maze and back to the main plaza

« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2022, 03:06 PM »
night shots of the maze area

« Reply #369 on: May 03, 2022, 04:16 PM »
Beautiful work as always!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 03, 2022, 09:27 PM »
Even at night it's festive and inviting. :)

« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2022, 04:39 PM »
Boneyard at night

Random path at night

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2022, 06:49 PM »
You should open up the 'boneyard' to guests. Add on a $20.00 up-charge. I'm joking, but I'm sure there are some who would pay to see the backstage area. (probably me)

The random path screenshot is well composed. Both, the illuminated tree branches on the left and the tall evergreen tree on the right act as eye-stoppers to keep our attention from wandering off the edge of the scene. And of course, the path itself meandering through the center portion. The colorful lights at the far end lead us onward.

« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2022, 06:04 AM »
THX - and the new attraction is "The Boneyard". Come see all the discarded junk from years past and even pick and buy whatever you want at the Boneyard Boutique.

Here is a down look at what's completed in this park to date.
Green is the entry plaza and shops.
Orange is the Dino River Adventure.
Purple is Merlin's area.

Same view at night

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2022, 12:39 PM »
I'm curious to see what's going to be built on the island in the lake. Maybe you already told us, but I can't remember.

« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2022, 02:14 PM »
it will be a bunch of tree houses

« Reply #376 on: May 13, 2022, 02:31 PM »
That sounds interesting.

« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2022, 05:55 AM »
That sounds interesting.
here is the write up from my buddy that explains what he wanted in the park.

Tree House Island
The island holds six tree houses connected by rope bridges and accessible by stairs which wind around two of the trees. While real trees populate the island, the ones supporting the tree houses are steel structures. One “tree” hides an elevator, for older and wheelchair-bound guests. Each house is designed in a different style. Many of the tree houses have secret doors and passages. Passage between treehouses is provided by suspension bridges. The island is in the middle of Enchanted Lake and is accessible by a bridge.

« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2022, 08:45 AM »
Here is what its like walking through this attraction

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2022, 11:49 AM »
Nice walk-thru of the funhouse and hedge maze. The multi-colored spider webs linger in my memory the most, I think.

« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2022, 09:08 AM »
THX!

Here is a walkthrough of this section of the park.
Enjoy!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2022, 11:30 AM »
Haha, "exploding fun". So you laid down a tracked ride to use for the camera, right? Do they have an invisible track in PC? Or did you have to sink the track under the pavement? I assume the explosion was just the cars crashing at the end of the unfinished track. Sort of like Peep Bowling.

« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2022, 01:42 PM »
Haha, "exploding fun". So you laid down a tracked ride to use for the camera, right? Do they have an invisible track in PC? Or did you have to sink the track under the pavement? I assume the explosion was just the cars crashing at the end of the unfinished track. Sort of like Peep Bowling.

Correct - that's how I do all these 'walking through the park' videos. No invisible track (that would be great)...sink it down a bit. Correct on the track ending for the explosions. this track layout was a bit messy as you could see the start of the track at one point where I double back a bit, and the third car in the train is also visible when I back track a bit.

« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2022, 01:56 PM »
Looks terrific! Very spacious, and you get a great sense of the size of the place. Really looking forward to seeing more!