Knotts berry farm recreation series

• 33 replies

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Knotts berry farm recreation series
« on: March 15, 2018, 12:29 AM »
I have started making a full size recreation of knott's berry farm , located in buena park ca .I've been working on this build for probably 2 month now, and its coming out so good.im using google maps and youtube videos for reference and the good thing about this build is the park is not that big so when i finish it wont have a horrible fps .if you wanna follow this build you watch my time lapses on my youtube channel. here's a link to my latest ep into the series , please subscribe to the channel if you want to see this amazing park come to life!

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Knotts berry farm recreation series
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38 AM »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 06:30 AM »
Looking incredible! Ghost Rider looks realistic and a very accurate representation of the real attraction. I cannot wait to see more of this recreation!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 12:09 PM »
I love Knott's Berry Farm. So glad to see someone giving it the recognition it deserves. I look forward to seeing this project grow. Please post some more screenshots, as I rarely have time to watch lengthy videos.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 10:21 PM »

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 10:23 PM »
I love Knott's Berry Farm. So glad to see someone giving it the recognition it deserves. I look forward to seeing this project grow. Please post some more screenshots, as I rarely have time to watch lengthy videos.
Thanks man knotts needs to be in planco ! its going to look so good ,its going to look better ingame then real life becuase of all the new paint on every building and rides

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Those pics look spot on. You've even captured how the Silver Bullet Coaster ruins the rustic entrance to the park. ;)

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 05:06 AM »

hey guys in this episode i continue to work on the gold trails hotel,and i also expand over to the first center plaza and start working on some food stands ,i know im always back in forth with my building, but i get so bored of just working on the same building for to long . were finally getting close to working on silver bullet! which is going to be so fun but a very difficult build due to its location.so farm my knotts berry farm build is coming out so good i cant wait to get to the boardwalk and the calico mine area ! more planet coaster video to come , if u wanna see more videos like this click the subscribe button and dont miss out on any updates on the knotts build

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 11:22 AM »
I believe I saw this on Facebook and I guessed it was you! This is getting better and better each update. I love the main entrance photo with Silver Bullet in the background. I really want to visit the real Knott's Berry Farm sometime because everything looks amazing. Good work so far and definitely keep hitting those high standards because this is just wow!  :D

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Beautiful work. Brings me back to my college days at Cal State Fullerton when I would ditch class to go ride Ghost rider over and over and over again. Great stuff keep at it and I cant wait to see it all come together.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 04:12 AM »
have you ever spent 2 hours + on one inversion?[/size]it looked like such an easy inversion too pull off but in planco it was a journey . , im almost finish with silver bullet im just smoothing the crapoutt of it because inversions in this game, are the most challenging  part of the game lol ill have a pov of  silver bullet up soon , :up:
[l[l[
[/color]

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 02:03 PM »
I like that you are putting time and effort into making sure each coaster matches its real world counter part, something oftenly done sloppy in others.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 06:51 PM »
I like that you are putting time and effort into making sure each coaster matches its real world counter part, something oftenly done sloppy in others.
thanks man yeah i want people to be able to experience the rides as close as the rl counter parts

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 01:19 AM »

Offline Eaglefan9727

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 07:13 AM »
The entrance shot looks spot on. I am looking forward to the release of this park as I have always enjoyed going to Knott's Berry Farm.

Offline L4C Designs

• Coasters are great but dark rides are fun too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 09:22 AM »
I stumbled upon this series on YouTube a couple weeks ago and I was immediately enthralled. Aside from Disneyland, Knott's is my home park, and your build brought back some great memories. Keep up the amazing work, I cannot wait to see more!
Disney Realms - A New Kind of Magic Kingdom - Coming in 2019
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,18972.0.html

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 12:23 PM »

See that dude gets it! He is impressed with your work too!

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 03:34 PM »

JUST STARTED WORKING ON SILVER BULLET !

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 06:49 PM »

hey guys welcome back to the knotts berry farm recreation series ,in this episode i'm working on  the indian trails area and this pink building which i'm not sure exactly  what its used for ,some one can tell me in the comment section what it is.in the next video i finally get to building silver bullet which took me about 13 hours maybe more ,see you guys in the next video ,and if you haven't already subscribed go ahead and click the subscribe button, to not miss out on any of the videos !
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TaSupThTM&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:50 PM by brothalee »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I like the stage and that brings numerous opportunities for entertainment. Even though this is a recreation, definitely hide some of your personal elements to help give it not only originality, but also a personal touch to it. Each update brings a pleasant feeling and I cannot wait for more!

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16 PM »
pic update i havent had much time for planco ill have more pics up soon

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Brothalee, my brotha, you are building my all-time favorite park and are doing it justice.  Thank you!  I've been there more times than any other park because for several months I lived in a motel about 1 block away (this was back in the mid-60s) so my mother took me there every day.  Haven't been there since the mid-80s, though, so I'm amazed at how it's developed since.

Tell me, do they still have the perimeter train being robbed by live actors boarding it from horseback and shooting it out with the Pinkerton actors in the cars?  That scared the bejeezus out of me the 1st time that happened (I was about 3 years old) but after that I thought it was quite cool and just played along :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Haven't been there since the mid-80s, though, so I'm amazed at how it's developed since.

Tell me, do they still have the perimeter train being robbed by live actors...
Cedar Fair bought Knott's Berry Farm, which has been a mixed blessing. First, they ruined some areas by adding coasters all over the place. Some good coasters... some, not so much. But lately, they've been doing some nice things with the park, including refurbishing many parts of the Ghost Town, bringing it back to its former glory. And completely overhauling the Calico Mine Train and Log Flume, adding a slew of animatronic figures. Knott's Berry Farm will be strongly featured in my Turnstile Tribune section of the forums.

As for your question about the train...Yes, it's still there, taking guests around the perimeter of the park. I think it still gets robbed, but I haven't ridden it in a while, so I'm not sure. Maybe brothalee knows the answer to that.

The last couple pics look great, brothalee. Keep 'em coming.:)

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 09:37 PM »
heres the first test run of silver bullet in my knotts berry farm recreation park , the go carts are not staying it was just an idea to replace the stage coach ride , but instead im going to use the new studio tram ride . im still not 100% happy with this layout so far i really wan the zero g roll to be formed better with that whole off set banking thing but ive never been able to make a proper z g roll :(, if anybody is extremly good with coaster shaping and would like to help with this ride let me know . i will be back guys with more build episodes soon .thanks for watching and those who havent subscribed please hit that subscribe button to not miss out on any new planet coaster videos

Offline L4C Designs

• Coasters are great but dark rides are fun too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 10:38 PM »
My only comment is that the sweeping turn after the first corkscrew is a little too tight. I've ridden Silver Bullet countless times, and this POV came pretty dang close to actually being on it! Keep it up!
Disney Realms - A New Kind of Magic Kingdom - Coming in 2019
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,18972.0.html

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 07:34 PM »
just started working on camp snoopy , the snoopy statue was made by Peache'z and the boat was made by gary hopson

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Very good work on layouts, I know how hard it is to get something acceptable in PC and yours really stick to reality and still stay relatively smooth.
Hard to judge for the rest, a lot remains to be done, but you seem to know KBF well, so I trust you!
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline brothalee

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 04:09 PM »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 08:24 PM »
This project looks realistic! Sometimes I find myself doing multiple takes to see if this is Planet Coaster or real life! Well done!