Brimscombe Hill Park and Gardens Phase Four - We're in the end game now...

• 81 replies

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
It's looking like a proper little park now. I'm really liking how it all fits together. The boats are a really great touch too. The only thing I'd say is maybe consider adding colour to them. The black makes them look a bit like inflatable dinghys. But they are super.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
The park is really shaping up nicely.  :up:
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Nemmie they were meant to be inflatable pedalo ones   :D
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
In that case........YOU NAILED IT!!!! :)

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
I like this a lot. Beautiful park, very realistic and well composed. Loving the hungry caterpillar :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
All those attractions are soo cool built! So much fantastic inspiration here and the sign of "Catapillar" looks so lovely! Fantastic work here! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Talismenf35

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Wow nice park. Im loveing the path work. I can not wait to upload my new park

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
I didn't take any pictures but I have started the new area of the park. I've done a little roman gardens section but I need to fit in another coaster into the corner. and then the park is pretty much full and I will just need to do touch up's and add lighting (though it will probably close at 6 and for the winter LUL)

So I am opening it up again to the floor for a Coaster builder to build a a medium sized coaster. Looking for a light thriller, perhaps a wooden coaster but the footprint isn't too big. If you are interested let me know and I will send you a picture of the area I need it to fit in.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Hey Rug, I'll give it a look.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Thanks Bullethead, any help is appreciated!

I've marked ROUGHLY the area that it would need to be in. Originally I planned to have a wooden coaster there as a back drop to the park but I am unsure if that fits in here realistically. It would probably have to be a refurb of some kind if it were. Whatever you feel goes is the point. So far the coasters are very family friendly and I think this one should push the boundary a little. Be the most exciting in the park (but still tame by some standards)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:10 AM by FCP-Rug »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
OK, challenge accepted ;).  I'll need some more info, though.  I'd really like to get a top-down view of the area with the rough dimensions (to the nearest 4m) penciled in all around the proposed track perimeter.  Also please indicate where you want the station, queue, and exit path so I work around those.  Also, let me know what color you want it, which I'll need for the gap-filling supports.  You can PM all this if you prefer not to have it in this thread ;).

Anyway, a tall, exciting, family-friendly coaster.  Wooden and/or hybrid preferred, or maybe steel.  Gotcha.  If time permits, I might give you multiple options but no promises :).

FYI, family-friendliness is all about 1) starting with a coaster that allows kids and 2) keeping the fear low enough for families.  3.3-3.4 overall fear rating is OK with the braver 1/3 of all families but if it gets to 3.5, only about 10% will ride it, and fear over 4.0 is too scary for any family.  So this means limited headchoppers and very low lateral Gs.  Such a ride can still be plenty exciting, though, with enough airtime, speed, and altitude.  I make most of my coasters with stats like that so I'm not worried about doing it again, I'm just outlining what the general result will be like.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
There have been persistent rumors lately that BSI has been building a new large coaster at Brimscombe Hill during the current winter off-season.  Nobody really believed this as BSI is mostly known for dinky, janky things.  Still, there's definitely something going on as shown in this NVG pic taken recently by a nocturnal trespasser.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:39 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Re: Brimscombe Hill Park and Gardens Phase three - Public Address
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2018, 05:10 AM »
 :ohmy:

Brimscombe Hill Park would like to thank the Stroud Police for apprehending the trespassers in a swift and just manner. We do not confirm or deny any 'communications' made from social media accounts from either BSI or the miscreants.

On an unrelated note we would like to thank the local area and Stroud District Council for their co-operation and patience with our recent and frequent use of the roads and any noise pollution that may or may not be  originating from in or around the vicinity of our park.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
BSI is also quite impressed with the efficiency of the Stroud Police.  BSI always has need of likely lads who are masters of the nightstick and ain't ashamed to demonstrate their skills.  So, if any current members of, or recent early-retirees from, that august department are interested in travel, danger pay, and frequent opportunities to crack skulls, BSI urges them to fill out an online job application at our website.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
It's been a regrettably long time since I have worked on this park due to personal circumstances and I feel really bad especially after all the work Bullethead has done for me but I haven't completely given up on this project and for the first time in an age I went on and worked on it.

So I have added in the final coaster and the final section to the park a roman themed area considering it has a lot to historically with the area.

Now the only job is to do a bit of detail around the rest of the park and the exterior but I will be honest, I am running the park at the lowest graphics setting and it is still jerking and difficult to actually navigate effectively. I would have liked to have done a video tour but my poor little old donkey of a pc isn't gonna cut it.

When I am finished I will try for some more screenshots of the park and get them up here. I am proud of most of the park, I hope I don't cheap out TOOO much on the exterior out of errrr...impatience ha ha. Thanks for stopping by and an extra thanks to Bullethead for his work on the coaster!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:53 PM by FCP-Rug »

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
The Roman area is pretty much complete now. Took 12 minutes to get a screenshot with lag!  ;D

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Glad to see you're still working on this.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
I'm also glad this is still running!
Wishing you lots of luck with the computer performance.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Thanks ShyGuy and Elch, I got on today and for some reason my PC decided to run it smoother than usual so I was able to get some stuff done. For now, I think the only things left to do are some path edging, on-ride photo's for Glevum, lighting for...pretty much everywhere and a little bit of detailing on the area outside the park around the enterance.

I am not sure how I should go about lighting. I don't think the park will open late or during the winter months.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Now that I'm back, this is the 1st thread I looked for, to see what you'd done with that coaster.  I really like what you've done with the Roman theme.  That's a nice change from what you usually see for a woodie and it works quite well.  The whole villa next door is also amazingly beautiful and quite realistic.

"Glevum" is the Roman name for Gloucester, right?  Nice touch.

I'm sorry that your FPS is so low that it prevents you from seeing just how gorgeous this park is.  It was running pretty good for me when I was building the coaster and the level of detail is stunning.  I hope the recent update improved things for you, so you can turn up your graphics settings.

Do I have your permission to release the coaster on the Workshop now?  I think it's one of my best and would like to make it available to the world.  I haven't done so yet because I wanted you to be able to reveal it here first.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
Yeah, you absolutely have permission. It's a great ride! Thanks for the feedback.

Yep, Glevum is effectively the Roman for Gloucester, there is lots of roman history here so I thought it would be cool to put some in the park.

The update made it possible to work on but still all on lowest settings.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:03 PM by FCP-Rug »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Yeah, you absolutely have permission. It's a great ride! Thanks for the feedback

Yep, Glevum is effectively the Roman for Gloucester, there is lots of roman history here so I thought it would be cool to put some in the park.

The update made it possible to work on but still all on lowest settings.

Thanks!  I'd also like to credit Fisherman for 2nd opinions on the various iterations that coaster went through in development.

Anyway, glad your performance has improved somewhat.  But seriously, one day when you're not building, you need to cramk up the settings and really see the awesomeness you've created here.  I really have to tip my top hat to you for doing such an amazing job while working essentially blind.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page