Disneyland- another magic kingdom started with a mouse

• 56 replies

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Disneyland- another magic kingdom started with a mouse
« on: April 07, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls !

There has been many attempts in the community to (re)create virtually a Disney Park. The magic kingdom I am designing is not the first and certainly won't be the last but I wanted to share my try with you !

This park will really be the place Where [virtual] Dreams Comme True, as I will put all my efforts into depicting the one of kind atmosphere of Disneyland parks around the world while keeping it a "working" park for all to enjoy.

This won't be the largest park, neither the more detailed nor accurate (this is not a recreation of the original Disneyland) but I hope you  will enjoy it just the same !

Here are some concept arts of the entrance for you :

and these are the screenshot I made today (sorry, I opened the park for like an hour and the Guests puked everywhere)

feel free to make any remarks and please share you thoughts !

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:46 AM by shyguy »

Offline cap396

• View Profile
Re: Disneyland- another magic kingdom started with a mouse
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Very well done, and great attention to every detail.  I hope you will post more screenshots as you make progress constructing the park.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Welcome to SGW. :)

This looks quite good so far, (except for all the puke). I always enjoy Disney parks and look forward to seeing this progress.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Disney always wins me over. I am liking your twist on the classic Main Street Station entrance. The fountain in Town Square is a unique touch. I am excited to see how you approach this Disneyland Park because there are so many stories you can tell.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 09:48 PM »
Welcome to SGW and WOW!  Great work!  Show us more!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 05:10 AM »

Thank you all for your nice feed backs ! I must say this is just the begining of a long adventure and it feels good to be supported !

For now, I have decided what shops will be on my main street :

-Souvenir shop
-Ballons
-Missy Good
-Street fox coffee
-Hats
-Hotel
-Toilets and ATM

As for the part facing central plaza :

-Hot dog squad, Monsieur frites and Gulpee drinks replacing casey corner (the place will be called mighty gulpee, and who knows, you might be able to meet him on person ;) )

-Cosmic cow ice cream and milkshakes instead of the Ice Cream Parlour. It should be attached to a Chief Beef (i see a main street style police department where the famous Chief Beef could greet his guests from time to time)

I might as well add a first aid center, near central plazza, but I already put one Inside City hall

Information points are already just Under the railroad station...and it would have been fun to make the first aid Inside the fire station, but i have other plans for this...like a VIP suite (The true fans know ;) ;) ;) )

I have juste finished my first main street building : City Hall

I also wanted to show you this tiny thing that i like a lot :

I put the Christmas holly garlands Inside the trees to make them sparkle :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 07:47 AM »
That's some very nice detail work there!  This is really going to look fantastic when it's all done!

Those sparkly garlands have many uses.  I once thatched an entire roof with them and thought it looked quite good.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 04:47 PM »
I think that's the most adorable looking Disneyland City Hall that I've ever seen. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Totally stealing your garland-in-the-trees trick  :)

Great start, it's always nice to see someone with an eye for detail attempt Disney.   I also think it's fun to watch these builds as a work-in-progress like you're doing as opposed to seeing the end result all at once.  Looking forward to more.

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 02:08 PM »
I think that's the most adorable looking Disneyland City Hall that I've ever seen. :)

Thanks ! I kind of like the way it is not realistic but still "cute" in a cartoonish way :)

Totally stealing your garland-in-the-trees trick  :)

Great start, it's always nice to see someone with an eye for detail attempt Disney.   I also think it's fun to watch these builds as a work-in-progress like you're doing as opposed to seeing the end result all at once.  Looking forward to more.

I am always amazed by the enormous combinations that are possible with this game !
Thanks ! I must say it si going to take a little time till it is completed (though it will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in this world ;) ) and I promise to keep you updated for every step I make !

So speaking of updates : I have just done the Main Street Fire department (including 3 VIP Rooms with a personnal cook, room service and of course wifi) along with a filler building attached to it.
Pictures :

Online cody

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Everything looks great. I hope you have the balloon cart tied down because that is a lot of balloons! Amazing work and I cannot wait to see the rest of Main Street.

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Everything looks great. I hope you have the balloon cart tied down because that is a lot of balloons! Amazing work and I cannot wait to see the rest of Main Street.

Yes indeed, enough to make a cow take off !

So I have a (small) update for you today:  a I nearly completed the right part of townsquare :

The last building is "Lilly's boutique" selling fine china, vases and dinerware as a tribute to lillian Disney(we have this boutique just aside the Walts restaurant in Disneyland Paris).

Offline G Force

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • New Element Profile Page
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:19 PM »
I just love this project so far, fantastic style and detail.  Really hope to see more soon.

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 09:05 AM »
I am very glad you like my work, many thanks :)

I have juste finished the left wing of Town Square so here are some screenshots. On the left corner you can find the Paradise Falls-Balloons & Co (my small tribute to UP, the displays are stuffed with adventurer items)

Hope you like it ;)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 09:11 AM »
This is truly magical!  Just lovely!

Online cody

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 11:07 AM »
I can see where you are a fan of UP! Overall, this is magical and only the beginning to a massive project I can see. Disney Parks are fun to create because of the many stories you can work with. I am excited to see where everything goes because it is looking spectacular!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 01:09 PM »
This is really starting to look Disney!  I'm sure Mr. Wonder is totally hating it ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 12:15 PM »
Hello Guys ! Thanks for all your nice comments ! I havn't published anything for a while as I have had, a lot of work...but I have some new screenshots for you :) I fixed some small détails (the stairs and flowerbeds of the station, added a dedication monument) and changed the trees. Thought I really like the ones I had, I thought smaller ones were a necessity as my Townsquare and mainstreet are sligthly smaller than in real life and i didn't want to block any views on the upcoming castle ;)

The other great thing is the Emporium. It is my favorite building on Main Street USA, so  I went on trying to recreate the feel of the Disneyland Paris version (wich is itself a copy of the WDW one). I really need to put a lot of efforts on the corners, as they are the most emblematic buildings of mainstreet.

Here you go !

Can't you already hear the sound of good old ragtime music? Because I can ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:16 PM by Starlight95 »

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 02:05 PM »
This continues to be amazing.  Keep it up!

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Gorgeous. Your buildings have a definite Disneyland flair but with a touch of cartoon/exaggerated complexion to it that just makes it quaint and fun. Not sure if intentional or just the outcome of your style but the playfulness of your buildings are very in-line with that of Disneyland Paris'. Great work and excited to see it develop further.
Initiating power transfer...

Online cody

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 01:35 PM »
I can hear, smell, and feel the magic of Main Street. You can create so many unique shops with Main Street, and I see that is exactly what you are doing. I am enjoying every update and want to say amazing work!

Offline Remnantboy

• i am awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Everything is looking really pretty so far.  I would warn you to be careful about the scale of your buildings.  They're really quite large especially when compared to a guest and the balloon and popcorn carts (thanks for using those btw haha).  Also, the building between the city hall and corner building is awkwardly tiny compared to the other larger buildings.  Just something to think about when continuing in building (for example, you'd have to make your castle huge to compensate for the size of your mainstreet buildings).  Totally just my opinion!  Looks awesome!

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Gorgeous. Your buildings have a definite Disneyland flair but with a touch of cartoon/exaggerated complexion to it that just makes it quaint and fun. Not sure if intentional or just the outcome of your style but the playfulness of your buildings are very in-line with that of Disneyland Paris'. Great work and excited to see it develop further.

Thanks, your comment was heartwarming :)

I can hear, smell, and feel the magic of Main Street. You can create so many unique shops with Main Street, and I see that is exactly what you are doing. I am enjoying every update and want to say amazing work!
I think blasting the Main Street BGM at high volume helps me getting inspired ^^

Everything is looking really pretty so far.  I would warn you to be careful about the scale of your buildings.  They're really quite large especially when compared to a guest and the balloon and popcorn carts (thanks for using those btw haha).  Also, the building between the city hall and corner building is awkwardly tiny compared to the other larger buildings.  Just something to think about when continuing in building (for example, you'd have to make your castle huge to compensate for the size of your mainstreet buildings).  Totally just my opinion!  Looks awesome!

Well, I must say thank you for that advice. You convinced me to rework on my buildings and I see what you mean. The I droped the Emporium by 4/5 meters and did the same for the Paradise Fall. My main concern was the width of this building...the corner part was to wide and tall and I didn't felt quite satisfied with it. From now on the emporium is not higher than the City Hall.

The small building between City Hall and Paradise Falls does look better now that i shrinked the size of it neighbourg. The reason why i made it smaller in the first place was to break the alignment of the roofs on this side of the street.

And as for my caslte, it is indeed going to be BIG (but it was intended this time xD ) I didn't wanted to reveal the centerpiece of my park this early (though it is almost built) so I came out with this solution as kind of teaser. The silhouette really is the one of my castle built in PC, same size and stuff : I did a screenshot of it, edited on photoshop and illustrator and then puzzled it on the ingame screens !

The changes are very subltes as you can see :)

I hope you like it !

(Ps : @Remnantboy are the pop corn karts yours? There are just awsome, just changed some litle things here and there and that's it :) )

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 07:45 PM »
the silhouette is a great idea and tease

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 03:42 PM »
the silhouette is a great idea and tease
Thanks ! It was actually quite easy with illustrator, all I had to do was to load them on the right order.

I have some intersting news for you guys : I started doing custom posters and billboards to cheer up the place. Main Street stands out by all these vintage advertisements and I must say I am quite fed up of the "Arbustus" font...
So, I did one small poster for the side of the Paradise Falls shop :

I did another custom billboard for the new shop facing the emporium. This one is a Hat shop, and is inspired by my favorite Disney Short film : Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet

Here it is :

And so, speaking of this shop :

Enjoy :D

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:48 PM by Starlight95 »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 08:02 PM »
Much improved.  Please hand these excellent textures over to the PC Depot ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Thanks !
I just uploaded both on the PC Depot. I guess I will continue making some of these for this park because It really helps to give a unique and authentic feel to your park. I can't wait to start doing attraction posters to go Under the station :D

Offline Starlight95

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Ladies and Gents, I have a recorded a small video for you as Town Square is 95%
I hope it will give you a better view of the overall atmosphere of the place :)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:23 PM by Starlight95 »

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Awesome stuff here. I really like it.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 03:36 PM »
Looks quite nice.  Very charming main street build.  So, when do we get to see what's coming soon behind those billboards?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page