SGW Screenshot Tournament - Season One - Round 2 (Vote)

Poll

Vote for your favorite screenshot.

andreizsmart
9 (52.9%)
wowmanrct
0 (0%)
 FCP-Rug
1 (5.9%)
CoasterCad
1 (5.9%)
 DwarrenIce
1 (5.9%)
Fisherman
5 (29.4%)
Bullethead
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 09, 2018, 10:40 AM

• 78 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« on: April 24, 2018, 03:06 PM »
SGW Screenshot Tournament
Planet Coaster Division
Round 2 - "Magic Memories"

For the 2nd round of the SGW Screenshot Tournament, post a screenshot of your peeps enjoying a day at the park. It can be of one or several peeps, on ride or off. No Photoshopping except for minor color/contrast/sharpness adjustments. This can be an old or new screenshot from the game and can already have been posted in another thread. The winning screenshot will receive 1 point. Entries will be judged mainly on artistic quality, composition, lighting, etc., and not necessarily on the building skill of the author. The winning entry will be chosen by community vote.

For full details of the SGW Screenshot Tournament, see this thread.

Post your entries here. The deadline to enter this round is Wednesday, May 2nd.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:45 AM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
Re: SGW Screenshot Tournament - Season One - Round 2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:12 PM »
I like this series of competitions! Fun way to see everyone's shots with a little bit of competitive fun.

"Everyone hands up for the picture!!" With the reopening of Splash Mountain at the Disneyland Resort after its most recent refurbishment, I thought submitting this photo would be fitting for this. The onride photos from this ride were always the most fun for me growing up. I would sit for hours watching the boats plummet down the drop with guests posing for their photos. Definitely a "Magic Memory" for me.
Initiating power transfer...

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:34 PM »

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Look at her happy little face!

Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 02:23 PM »
EDIT:  Disqualified
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:36 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 12:36 AM »
ahahahaah bullet :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Bullethead, adding speech balloons is "Photoshopping" regardless of which paint program you use. This would be perfect for the up-coming humorous round, in which Photoshopping will be allowed. You should save this for that round. You're welcome to change your entry for this round.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:13 AM »
Bullethead, adding speech balloons is "Photoshopping" regardless of which paint program you use. This would be perfect for the up-coming humorous round, in which Photoshopping will be allowed. You should save this for that round. You're welcome to change your entry for this round.

As you wish :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 01:59 PM »

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 11:32 PM »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 10:08 AM »
Today's the deadline for this round. Any more entries?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Tonight at midnight?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 04:08 PM »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Okay.  Here's mine:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 07:59 PM »
OK, try #2.  Same park, same ride as before, only without the speech balloons.  I'm not sure if these peeps (the ones on the platform and next in queue) are really enjoying what they're seeing, but they sure find it so interesting they can't look away.  It's probably horrifyingly fascinating.  Like maybe some drunk just fell over the turnstile and is about to be run over by the next car coming into the station.  I really don't want to know.  If it's actually bad, the lawyers will tell me soon enough.  If it's good, I'm sure it's a freak occurrence I can't duplicate deliberately :D.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:12 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 08:01 PM »
Somebody puked, of course.   :D

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 10:45 AM »
The poll is up and it's time to vote. As an experiment, this time Guests may vote. So if you're not a member of SGW and are just a lurker, you will be able to vote in this poll. If this goes well, Guests will be able to vote in all upcoming polls. :)

Re: SGW Screenshot Tournament - Season One - Round 2 (Vote)
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 04:20 PM »
even though I entered...I actually voted for someone else as it was way to good

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 06:03 PM »
even though I entered...I actually voted for someone else as it was way to good

Likewise.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 08:52 PM »
oh...I voted in round one too (obviously not for myself)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 06:55 PM »
So far, a whopping 10 people have voted. Honestly, I'm pretty done trying to come up with ideas to get members to participate in these forums.  >:(

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 08:18 PM »
How many folks voted in round 1?

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 11:24 PM »
I am sorry to hear that Shyguy.

I myself am fairly new to the forum with planet coaster but can already see the huge amount of effort you are putting in to keep it active and am often surprised by the lack of response (in comparison) to what I see as great ideas.

Sorry if it is demotivating but if it helps I really appreciate all of the time you put in and the challenges you do. Plus, just having a space where a community like this CAN thrive. I know I am not the only one who thinks this.

In summary, just a quick thanks.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 11:59 PM »
I myself am fairly new to the forum with planet coaster but can already see the huge amount of effort you are putting in to keep it active and am often surprised by the lack of response (in comparison) to what I see as great ideas.

Sorry if it is demotivating but if it helps I really appreciate all of the time you put in and the challenges you do. Plus, just having a space where a community like this CAN thrive. I know I am not the only one who thinks this.

In summary, just a quick thanks.
Thanks FCP-Rug. It's very frustrating to see the number of participating members drop so drastically over such a small period of time. I've been putting a LOT of work into these forums over the last 6 months or so, and to see activity drop instead of pick up, is very disheartening. I'm just going to have to adapt to the fact that SGW is probably never going to get much busier than it is now. And if this becomes a forum with a small, intimate community instead of being a large and active community like it once was, then so be it. That's not such a bad thing, although I was looking forward to a big Summer Competition, but I'm not sure that's going to happen this year.

How many folks voted in round 1?

We had 21 voters in the 1st round. For this round, I opened the voting up to Guests, so I expected more voters, not less. At any one time, there are usually 5 to 10 times as many Guests viewing the forums than there are members. And even they aren't interested in participating. And the other divisions in the SGW Screenshot Tourney are showing almost no interest at all, with a whopping 3 people voting so far for the RCT3 Division. Too bad, because I had some fun ideas for this contest and now I'm not sure that it's worth my time to continue.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 04:19 AM »
I have to say that I often get disheartened about the lack of activity here too. There seems to be only a handful of regular posters these days. It seems like everyone is migrating over to Discord and Twitter.  How many Twitter followers does SGW have? Maybe promote the voting there and on the Discord group more to try to pull those folks back in? It's always guesswork though trying to figure out what folks will like.  I noticed you posted the winners but some folks just might not have realized that they could or should have voted.  Edit: just checked... We have 573 followers on Twitter.

Don't give up. Like you said... If we get smaller and more intimate here then so be it.  And maybe this is just a temporary lull until the newness of Discord wears off.  Who knows?  Edit: I have to add that I personally HATE Discord.  It is so inefficient.  The threads are just endless linear conversations.  You post a screenshot and it's nearly immediately forgotten and no one comments unless you are part of a cool kid clique.  I much prefer this traditional forum format.

Thank you for all you do for us, Shyguy.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:22 AM by Fisherman »

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 05:35 AM »
I would say that is very accurate regarding the discords, you have to be in the clique to be noticed beyond a casual thumbs up. I am part of a few but I much much much prefer here.

On SGW I can post something of my own and if people click on it then it is because they are curious which means it isn't just... an attempt to catch up with the current thread like discord. I can view things here a bit more and message boards stay relevant longer.

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 05:37 AM »
THX again SG. I don't think its just this forum. I have noticed a drop off all over the place. Can't explain why.

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 05:59 AM »
Is there an active Discord channel?

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 06:20 AM »
So far, a whopping 10 people have voted. Honestly, I'm pretty done trying to come up with ideas to get members to participate in these forums.  >:(

I share your disappointment, although this is finals and graduation time in most US schools so I'm not that surprised.

Lemme tell you a parable...   The fire department where I work is about 10% paid and 90% volunteer.  The paid guys maintain the equipment, train the volunteers, do all the paperwork, deal with the politics, and handle all the routine minor calls during the day when volunteers are at work.  So basically, all the volunteers have to do these days is show up.  But they don't.

This I don't understand.  I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be a volunteer firefighter?  You get to do cool stuff, you get to play with cool toys, you get to rubberneck at wrecks as long as you want, and you get a tax break, a T-shirt, and the admiration of your community.  Besides, as wheels go, a fire truck is THE most powerful chick magnet ever invented.  But fewer volunteers show up every day.  And it's not just my department, it's a national crisis.  In the USA as a whole, 70-75% of all firefighters are volunteers, not only all the small towns but a surprisingly large share of big towns and cities, too, so this is causing huge concern in the industry.

The usual management tools to enforce workforce performance don't work.  With volunteers, management has neither a carrot nor a stick.  You don't pay them at all so you can neither give them a raise if they do good, nor dock their pay if they do bad.  You rely entirely on "if you build it, hopefully somebody will come."  Used to be, that was enough.  Nowadays, it's not working.

This seems quite analogous to what's happening here.  You've built a cool place but not as many folks are coming as you'd like.  I figure, however, that will be cyclic, as in my fire department.  We go through a few years with very few volunteers, then a few years with relatively more, but never as many as back in the day.  I think some of it is a lack of advertising; few folks on the official forums know this place even exists.  But there's only so much you can do there.  So basically, you'll probably just have to accept that you have little or no control over getting folks here, just as I have little impact on getting folks to volunteer for my department.  It's just how times have changed.  I used to stress over it a lot, but now I just roll with it.  Such is life.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Is there an active Discord channel?

Yes.