SGW Screenshot Tournament - Season One - Round 2 (Vote)

Poll

Vote for your favorite screenshot.

andreizsmart
9 (52.9%)
wowmanrct
0 (0%)
 FCP-Rug
1 (5.9%)
CoasterCad
1 (5.9%)
 DwarrenIce
1 (5.9%)
Fisherman
5 (29.4%)
Bullethead
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 09, 2018, 10:40 AM

SGW Screenshot Tournament - Season One - Round 2 (Vote)

• 78 replies

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: SGW Screenshot Tournament - Season One - Round 2 (Vote)
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 08:17 AM »
That's a good analogy, Bullethead!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. My frustration has just been building steadily and I just had to vent and let it out. SGW has been around for nearly 10 years now, and it would be very upsetting to see it die. But I think if the small group of dedicated members continues to stay active and support one another here, we can keep it alive. As Fisherman mentioned, Discord is killing us, and it cuts me to the core to see so many long time members of SGW abandon this site for that. I don't get the draw of Discord either. Any time I've posted anything on Discord, or Facebook, the same things happens... I get a few likes, maybe a comment or 2, and then my post disappears into the netherworlds, never to be seen again. Here, you get to create a permanent thread to host your projects. People can follow your progress, and really get into your work. That's impossible on any of the other social media type sites, except maybe youtube, which is another thorn in my side. Today, everyone wants to be the star of their own channel.

As far as advertising, SGW has a Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram page which I try to update with news or member screenshots every so often. I've posted many times over at Frontier, Steam, and other Discord channels about things going on here. Maybe if you guys do the same and namedrop SGW here and there, we'd get a few new members looking to check things out.

I'm always trying to come up with ideas to make us different than other sites and more reasons for people to want to visit the site. Of course, it does take time and results are never over night. If you guys have any ideas that you think would help make the site better and more active, please let me know. However, I still think the best thing is to make this site a friendly and welcoming place, where members actively post in each other's threads and help to inspire and support each other. That's something we can all easily do.

Anyway, I'm not going to give up on SGW. It will be here as long as I get enough traffic to pay for the site. And hopefully we're just in a slump right now, especially with school finals and all that. This is usually a pretty slow period. Summer typically picks up a bit, so we'll see...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:40 AM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. My frustration has just been building steadily and I just had to vent and let it out. SGW has been around for nearly 10 years now, and it would be very upsetting to see it die. But I think if the small group of dedicated members continues to stay active and support one another here, we can keep it alive. As Fisherman mentioned, Discord is killing us, and it cuts me to the core to see so many long time members of SGW abandon this site for that. I don't get the draw of Discord either. Any time I've posted anything on Discord, or Facebook, the same things happens... I get a few likes, maybe a comment or 2, and then my post disappears into the netherworlds, never to be seen again. Here, you get to create a permanent thread to host your projects. People can follow your progress, and really get into your work. That's impossible on any of the other social media type sites, except maybe youtube, which is another thorn in my side. Today, everyone wants to be the star of their own channel.

As far as advertising, SGW has a Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram page which I try to update with news or member screenshots every so often. I've posted many times over at Frontier, Steam, and other Discord channels about things going on here. Maybe if you guys do the same and namedrop SGW here and there, we'd get a few new members looking to check things out.

I'm always trying to come up with ideas to make us different than other sites and more reasons for people to want to visit the site. Of course, it does take time and results are never over night. If you guys have any ideas that you think would help make the site better and more active, please let me know. However, I still think the best thing is to make this site a friendly and welcoming place, where members actively post in each other's threads and help to inspire and support each other. That's something we can all easily do.

Anyway, I'm not going to give up on SGW. It will be here as long as I get enough traffic to pay for the site. And hopefully we're just in a slump right now, especially with school finals and all that. This is usually a pretty slow period. Summer typically picks up a bit, so we'll see...

Completely agree. The only reason I asked about Discord is that it can be a good place to have conversations, or demonstrations. It isn't however a patch on these forums.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 12:33 PM »
SGW does have a Discord channel if you are interested. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 01:31 PM »

Glad to hear you're still committed ;).  Maybe you could talk to some of the discordant folks who use to be here a lot and ask them to drop by more often....

BTW, I used Discord for the 1st time on Saturday (I think it was) when SGW was down all morning, except for the Discord link at the bottom.  And all anybody was doing there was asking if SGW was down for everybody and if anybody knew when it would come back.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 01:34 PM »
This may be a whacky idea but what if we start a Shyguy's World YouTube channel.  I know it might be a crazy idea but... I can imagine periodic spotlight videos or virtual Park tours... Maybe interviews with creators.  It COULD be a way to draw in some of that crowd. Heck, we could all pitch in and take turns hosting little videos.  I know it sounds crazy... But... Something like that just might appeal to some folks.  I'd definitely be willing to help with something like that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:51 PM by Fisherman »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 02:28 PM »
This may be a whacky idea but what if we start a Shyguy's World YouTube channel.  I know it might be a crazy idea but... I can imagine periodic spotlight videos or virtual Park tours... Maybe interviews with creators.  It COULD be a way to draw in some of that crowd. Heck, we could all pitch in and take turns hosting little videos.  I know it sounds crazy... But... Something like that just might appeal to some folks.  I'd definitely be willing to help with something like that.
This idea has been bounced around for more than a year now. RR-Ltd. set up an official SGW Youtube channel and then disappeared off the face of the planet. Future Imagineer then took up the cause and planned a series of SGW spotlights to be hosted on the Youtube channel. 2 months later and he's disappeared. My own Youtube videos have been getting less than 100 views. So frankly, I'm not very enthusiastic about this. I like the idea of showcasing SGW members though. I do very much appreciate the people who do spend the time to post their work here and I'd love to do something to show my appreciation. As I stated, I'm trying to post to all the SGW social media venues, by sharing the member's work. That said, if a group of members wanted to get together and plan some SGW member spotlights for youtube, that would be great. Just getting anyone to commit to this has become an impossible task to date.

Also, I wanted to show you guys that it's not all doom and gloom. The site may not be very active with participants, SGW does still get a lot of traffic and views.

As you can see by this screenshot taken today, we have a LOT of guests viewing the site, compared to the amount of members. And we had a point when there were over 100 people online at the same time today. So activity is low, viewership is still fairly strong. So even if you may not be getting as many comments on your projects as you'd like, a lot of people are still viewing your work.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2018, 02:30 PM »
i definitly understand your point shy, i also think that discord fuck is killing the communitys. and when i see that in PlanetCoaster everyone has his own discord with his own community because its cool to have and that they can say hey we have the biggest discord bla bla bla that sucks.. because. iam not that old on SGW but, i saw many many peeps over here that now have there own discords and there own community, but why? because they hope to grow there own community?

sry to name it here, but the BroCoasters are the best exampe. they had a big thread here for NoNameLandia nad had updates some videos and a cool thread. now they dint look up here, bechause they have there own "community" on discord. the discord is really active and so much pics posted over there, back in the days all the members posted there pics in the "what are yo doing in planet coaster" thread..

i mean i can understand them, its cool tho see how they grow and gettin bigger with there youtube chan and there discord channel. but its sad to see that everyone was active over here and now nothing.. maybe we should get them back here. because i think the whole Discord thing is not for longterm, this forum it is!

So i will definitly stay here. SGW is my main source for PlanetCoaster and Parkitect, in english. And iam also active on a german board. and i will stay :)

keep up the good work shy! I will alwayse give you a like in your tweets, and also link you in any recomenden tweet i did ;)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Thanks, Jay, for the support.

Yes, I'm very much aware of how some members that will be left nameless, used these forums to get a following, and then screwed us over by creating their own "brand" and then completely abandoned us. But I'm not bitter. >:(

Yes, today, everyone wants their own forum, Youtube channel, Facebook page, Discord Channel, etc. etc., and it's pretty much torn our community apart. But things change over time, and what was once the "in" thing one year, is completely "out" years later. If we just stick this out, maybe SGW will be back "in" again. But I have to stress that we need to act as a community. If we have a close knit community, where we help each other, inspire each other, and support each other, we'll stay strong and we will survive. I feel like all you guys are my "online" family and I care about all of you.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 02:49 PM by shyguy »

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Just a thought. I seem to remember that a year or two after RCT3 was released, many sites starting lagging, getting fewer hits, etc. Then Jonwil and his importer opened up a whole new world for folks. The interest and enthusiasm on the sites just exploded.

Now, regardless of anything else, think what would happen if CS comes to Planet Coaster.

I believe we would see a huge resurgence of interest in the forums. You'll just have to recreate your Main Street sets...again!!!  ;D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2018, 03:13 PM »
Group hug!!   :clap:

Thanks, Shyguy! This place definitely feels like home/family to me.  That's why I've stayed around so long!  Ha ha.

By the way... Sorry we hijacked the screenshot voting thread

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Group hug!!   :clap:

Thanks, Shyguy! This place definitely feels like home/family to me.  That's why I've stayed around so long!  Ha ha.

By the way... Sorry we hijacked the screenshot voting thread
Yes, group hug for all SGW members. And as for hijacking...I started it. ;)

Just a thought. I seem to remember that a year or two after RCT3 was released, many sites starting lagging, getting fewer hits, etc. Then Jonwil and his importer opened up a whole new world for folks. The interest and enthusiasm on the sites just exploded.

Now, regardless of anything else, think what would happen if CS comes to Planet Coaster.

I believe we would see a huge resurgence of interest in the forums. You'll just have to recreate your Main Street sets...again!!!  ;D
Yes, I think mild some mild disappointment in PC and the way Frontier have been going about things is also causing some atrophy of the forums. I think the PC community is very unsure of just where the game is going. I'm not a fan of all the secrecy and tight-lipped treatment we get from Frontier. But I agree, if they add the ability to import custom content, I'm sure there would be a huge resurgence in activity across the internet, and I'd expect SGW to get more active as well. As far as more Main Street sets...well don't hold your breath.  :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Yes, today, everyone wants their own forum, Youtube channel, Facebook page, Discord Channel, etc. etc., and it's pretty much torn our community apart. But things change over time, and what was once the "in" thing one year, is completely "out" years later. If we just stick this out, maybe SGW will be back "in" again.

I'm sure that'll happen.  As you well know, running an online community is a huge amount of work.  I've done it a few times myself, once voluntarily before I knew better, then twice because my boss told me to due to my previous experience.  It's not for me.  I honestly don't know how you've done it so long but I'm glad you have.  Anyway, doubtless many of the discordant will tire of doing it, or will have kids or get jobs or whatever and won't have time to do it anymore.  And probably their little fanclubs will eventually realize that all they're doing is stroking somebody else's ego, feel used, and disappear.

Yes, I think mild some mild disappointment in PC and the way Frontier have been going about things is also causing some atrophy of the forums. I think the PC community is very unsure of just where the game is going. I'm not a fan of all the secrecy and tight-lipped treatment we get from Frontier. But I agree, if they add the ability to import custom content, I'm sure there would be a huge resurgence in activity across the internet, and I'd expect SGW to get more active as well. As far as more Main Street sets...well don't hold your breath.  :P

I dunno.  I personally have never questioned where the game's going.  It's out now, it's great, and that's not going away.  Do I wish it had other features, or that some existing features were different?  Most definitely.  Do I let this stop me from enjoying it as is?  No.  Everything I wish was different I can at least partially work around, and figuring out how to do that is part of the fun.  It makes PC a puzzle game ;).

As for user-made content other than billboard graphics, even if Frontier ever makes that a thing, I'm not especially hopeful of ever seeing very much of it.  I could be very wrong here and actually hope I am, but I get the impression that the PC user base doesn't have nearly as many C++ programmers as, say, that of Kerbal Space Program.  PC seems to attract more artists than geeks, whereas it's the other way with KSP.  So while I know many here can make professional-quality 3D models and textures, how many can write the code necessary to make the models function in the game?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2018, 10:04 PM »
As for user-made content other than billboard graphics, even if Frontier ever makes that a thing, I'm not especially hopeful of ever seeing very much of it. 
You didn't play RCT3, did you. It was only AFTER we gained the ability to create custom scenery that RCT3 really blossomed. It was only a mediocre game with sub-par graphics when it was first released. Custom content rose it to much greater heights and extended its popularity a good 10 years. I don't know if we'll ever get the tools to create rides or anything functional, but the ability to create custom scenery objects will definitely extend this game's life and bring the many modders into the game. There are SO MANY simple things we need in the game that would make it so much more enjoyable. More foliage, half walls, smaller art shapes, doorways, correctly scaled items, etc., etc. No, I think you're quite wrong. I'm sure Frontier knows all too well how much this is needed to attract a new audience, and at the same time, bring back many frustrated players who have given up the game because of how difficult and tedious it is to build anything that looks halfway decent.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2018, 11:30 PM »
You didn't play RCT3, did you. It was only AFTER we gained the ability to create custom scenery that RCT3 really blossomed

I don't disagree.  Mods always do great things for games.  I'm just saying that the difficulty and complexity of the coding necessary to make a mod probably increased significantly between RCT3 and PC.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2018, 04:31 AM »
sry to name it here, but the BroCoasters are the best exampe. they had a big thread here for NoNameLandia nad had updates some videos and a cool thread. now they dint look up here, bechause they have there own "community" on discord. the discord is really active and so much pics posted over there, back in the days all the members posted there pics in the "what are yo doing in planet coaster" thread..
I am sorry to say, but I think it isn't fair to blame the 'BroCoaster' guys (or any others for that matter) for the inactivity on this forum. In the beginning of their series and standalone series as well, they supported and advertised SGW allot, and that gave the site some more activity. Silv did the same thing back with RCT3 and his first Planet Coaster videos. SGW was mentioned a few times, but over here it kept quiet. Threads kept getting less and less attention, less posts and the ones that did took the time to post something were simple 'looks good' post. No feedback or tips on how to improve the project/park like it was back in the day. That all slowly disappeared. The people who came to SGW because of the advertisement and wanted to hang out went away because of that specific lack in activity.

Both Silv and the Brocoaster guys (and again, many others with them) went away for that exact reason. They didn't leave because they wanted to draw people away from SGW, and they didn't start their Discord for that reason. They wanted to make a cool space where people who liked their style could go and give and get feedback to theirs and others work, to talk with eachother and just relax. They never expected it to grow so big - which they mentioned numerous times over the last few videos they made.

The fact that SGW is getting less and less activity has to do with multiple things, in my opinion. Well known members who were vital parts of the community went away for several reason (time, work/personal life, interest) and the people who stayed acted differently or just didn't post that much. I know I don't post that much either, but what is the point? If the only handful of comments that I get are things like 'it looks good' or something among those lines, why post it? I want to get better at the game and improve things I share, but I get very few ideas to improve, which I do get at Discord, YouTube and Twitter.

I am not sure how SGW could get back at being that place it was some years ago, but forcing it and - I'm sorry to say this - whining about it every time some attempt fails is not helping this site either. It looks desperate. Maybe in a year or so, YouTube/Twitter/Discord dies and people start getting back to the forums and to SGW. I do hope so cause I wouldn't want to see this site die. But at the moment, that is what is happening.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018, 05:49 AM »
Well... The other sites and Discord groups HAVE drawn people away from the regular forum-oriented sites... Including SGW. I'm not saying that it was the malicious intent of those people, but it was a result... Even if that wasn't their purpose. Like I said, many SGW members and I prefer the forum format so we can have a home base for our projects.  Discord simply does not allow for that.  That isn't the way any of the Discord channels I've seen are set up.  They'd have to set up individual chat threads for each person's project.  That's never gonna happen. And... I hate to say it, but the cool kid clique mentality is real.  I've seen it at play first-hand and it isn't nice.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:52 AM by Fisherman »

Offline Mikikiwasha

• Aka. SilentMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2018, 06:09 AM »
Think about it from the point of view of the discord communities. You're basically asking them to die for the sake of the forums. Those communities have good things going for them that you can't get from forums, just like forums have things you can't get from discords. Think, the people who left probably left because discord has a format they enjoy more than forums just like forums have a format you guys prefer.

At this point the question isn't which is better or should we all move to one or the other. The question now is how do we coexist and make each other stronger.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2018, 06:44 AM »
I don't think I'm asking for them to die.  I'd love to just coexist and for all the groups to thrive. But that means getting the word out that the forums are still a good parking spot for projects.  The response on the official site is dismal too so it isn't just SGW that is losing activity. Shyguy wants to stir up interest in this site again.  There was a time we had hundreds of members on line at once.  Check the stats at the bottom of the forum page for most members on line at once. It would be interesting to see stats though... To really pinpoint when the largest exodus occurred.

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2018, 07:02 AM »
But the thing that is keeping people away at the moment (or atleast people I've spoken recently) is the attitude some people on this and other forums have. The official forum is probably the best example. Always whining. Nothing is good enough, from both the game and the creations people make with it. Or, even worse, no-one responds at all. The attitude has to change for forums to survive. I am not saying SGW has members with a terrible attitude, but from what I have heard is that some people just don't really like how people post here (which - honestly - I can understand) and the projects don't seem that interesting. They visit certain Discords because of those two reasons. They like how people behave to eachother and the projects which are shown there are something they like to see.

Discord and Forums can live side by side and could even work together. The forums to show off projects and other creations and Discord for the more fast sharing. In theory it could happen. I just don't see it happening as the official SGW discord has no activity either, besides Cody doing his game every day.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2018, 09:13 AM »
That's a good point.  Discord is best for quick responses... But with a ton of members your post can quickly escape unnoticed.  Also, some Discord groups I've visited allow swearing and dirty joking.  (I get enough of that all day teaching high school kids). That's just not my thing so I prefer a more family-friendly vibe.  I'd love for the SGW Discord group to get more active.  Maybe we should be promoting that idea more.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37 AM »
BlueSpirit...your points are valid. Nobody "stole" all our members. I think people are just looking for something new and fresh. In the days of RCT3, the forums were full of activity with tons of projects by very creative, talented, and passionate members. There weren't many other sites around to compete. There was no Discord, no Instagram, no Reddit, and no Steam. Today, there are SO MANY other places to post work and discuss the games. Too many distractions to keep a community at just one place. And people don't have the time to visit and post everywhere. As far as I know SGW is the only major forum-based English-speaking site for Planet Coaster, other than the official forum. And I still think we offer a platform very different than all the others...A place to create your OWN threads to showcase your projects. All the others are simply a place to post a screenshot, get some instant gratification by a quick comment or two, and then move on. And to chat. I don't think SGW members are interested in a lot of chat. We have a new Discord channel that really isn't being used much. I believe SGW's membership is a bit older than the others, so we have a different mentality. We have more patience. And we don't have time to shoot the breeze on Discord.

I do think that there is not enough discussion on these forums. Most members post their work, wait for some comments, and then post some more. Not a whole lot of talking to each other here. Just check out all the other non-project boards. Community Chat used to be buzzing with activity. The same with the Real World Parks boards. They are virtually dead now. And that's because things like Discord have taken their place. And I understand that. Discord is a much better venue for discussions. But I still believe that a forum-based site like SGW is the best venue for showing off the projects you're working on. And this is why I have a hard time understanding why fewer people post here now. If I knew that, I would have a better idea of how to make SGW a better place.

BlueSpirit, you say "from what I have heard is that some people just don't really like how people post here (which - honestly - I can understand)" Can you elaborate on this? Are you refering to discussions, or posting projects. What don't they like?

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Is there an opportunity to open up a workshop style scenario with these forums? Possibly through Discord?

I could see this as someone offering up their work, either looking for or offering advice to others on style, design & techniques? This could be done on Discord/streaming. It might be an opportunity to distinguish this forum from others. I think there is a great collection of very, very good content on show here and plenty of opportunities to learn.

Thoughts?

(Personally I would love to pick some peoples brains on design decisions on here!)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2018, 12:52 PM »
Is there an opportunity to open up a workshop style scenario with these forums? Possibly through Discord?

I could see this as someone offering up their work, either looking for or offering advice to others on style, design & techniques? This could be done on Discord/streaming. It might be an opportunity to distinguish this forum from others. I think there is a great collection of very, very good content on show here and plenty of opportunities to learn.

Thoughts?

(Personally I would love to pick some peoples brains on design decisions on here!)
I really like this idea. I know nothing of Streaming, so I'm not the one to get something like this going. But if we have enough people interested in putting something like this together, (and have Streaming experience) I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2018, 01:15 PM »
I love that idea.  It would take some figuring out.  I've not tried streaming yet.  I downloaded OBS but I haven't finished figuring out how to use it

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2018, 01:51 PM »
Yeah it will take a bit of sussing but I'm sure it's feasible.

It could take the format of:

- Weekly/Fortnightly forums.
- Park/work on show is decided upon 7 days in advance to allow those to prepare and anyone who wants to ask questions to put together a list.
- Meet on a designated Discord channel and tune into a private stream.
- The person showing work takes us through the park and we have an informal discussion about various bits & pieces.

Very informal but a great chance to meet more and exchange ideas.

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2018, 02:04 PM »
For what it's worth, i really like this screenshot competition. I hope we can keep this going. congratulations to Andreizsmart for this round! ( I know i was never gonna win, so i voted for myself  :n00b:).

Been reading through the rest of the thread. Even though i am not that active, i do lurk around a lot (I find it hard sometimes to take the time for commenting/replying) I just wanted to say, i really appreciate this forum, and the hard work Shyguy puts in it. It always had that quality content that couldn't be found elsewhere, and still has (even though it's less because of all the gazillion ways of sharing content in todays society) and a really friendly vibe that is almost impossible to find anywhere on internet nowadays. To me, it doesn't really matter if this is with 50 people or a 1000, it doesn't change much for me. (Let's be honest 50 or 1000 are both pretty null).

I do understand that getting more replies/views is more motivating. I too love getting attention on my creations, and consider it an honor if a youtuber with a shitload of subscribers ask if he can show my park in a video (or not ask, just show without asking  :P) or when one of the amazing creators on here at SGW praises my content or getting featured on the frontpage of SGW ( I remember the first time i saw my water park in RCT 3 there, it was glorious)

However, whatever we do in our spare time like creating platforms for people to share stuff, making screenshots and video's to share our hard work and entering contests shouldn't we do it because we like them, and not to see how much views/likes/comments and votes we can get?

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2018, 02:34 PM »
well iam not saying its the brocoasters fault. but be serious. the last challenge showed some new peeps here. tier2 was exploding. after the challenge 85% are gone. never posted again. where are they, oh they are on discord...

silv was never that active on planco here thats okay. i dont judge anyone i mean everyone can choose where he wana be active. i have choosen SGW and on discord iam lurking.

of course i also have a discord chan for my german streaming community, why? because today you "need" one.

but still i found it tragic that so much peeps are gone after the last contest. but well lets not start a discusion whos bad and whos cool. and sry blu, dont start a discusion by "what i heard of some peeps that they are blabl" name it or let it be... cheers and peace.

no hate just a normal discusion here to be clear <3
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2018, 02:51 PM »
BlueSpirit, you say "from what I have heard is that some people just don't really like how people post here (which - honestly - I can understand)" Can you elaborate on this? Are you refering to discussions, or posting projects. What don't they like?
While I won't and can't speak for everyone, I myself find it hard to handle the salty, bitchy way of writing some tend to do every now and then. For example, the way the last competition ended with 'you can't ask questions everything is clear or your dumb.' (which was later dissolved to be fair) or the whole thing about DLC's when the Studio pack came around... The way some people reacted to that... It just isn't the kind of attitude I want to be much around and I think others are with me.

Something I experienced myself was when in my thread for Allure Hills I was attacked for the fact that I copied some people work without crediting them - it was fair so no harm there. But the whole backlash it got... Some poeple stood up for me and that was nice, but some just took it way too far. Just think of yourself visiting the site for the first time and that is the first thing you see. That doesn't looks very inviting.
The same goes for this thread, it is necessary yes. But how some people reacted, it isn't really inviting for new visiters, or old members for that matter.

I hate calling out names, so I won't. But I think people know when they write that way. I caught myself doing it sometimes, but then I think twice before posting it. Or even scrapping it.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2018, 03:42 PM »
This right here... This kind of good discussion is what I believe will really help the situation.  We're figuring out what went wrong... What we can fix... Where we need to shift our old-fashioned paradigms.  Maybe some of us old dogs need to learn some new tricks.  Who knows...  But yeah.  We can't forget all the guests who lurk.  Maybe we should choose our wording more carefully... Stop and count to ten, etc.  I am really thankful for this place.  You guys have been my family when I needed you most.  I mean that.