The Planet Coaster Depot (Submissions)

• 14 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
The Planet Coaster Depot (Submissions)
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:34 PM »
The Planet Coaster Depot is now open and will be SGW's official place to host links to the top items located at the Steam Workshop. Right now, it is a VERY work in progress. I've added many of SGW's high profile parks and blueprints to start. I'm sure I missed many items that deserve to be hosted there. If you have blueprints, rides, or parks that you'd like to have added to the Depot, you can do it a couple of ways. 1) You can upload it yourself to the Depot. All you need is a screenshot or two, and the url to the Workshop. 2) You can submit it to this thread. Simply paste the url here and I'll get it up to the depot myself.

All member submissions will first be evaluated by the SGW staff (me) before it is approved. It must be of high enough caliber to qualify. Here are the types of things that I'd most like to host...

Parks - Realistic parks with a great attention to detail as opposed to over-the top, crazy unrealistic parks. Well done, real world park recreations. Anything truly unique.
Rides - Again, realistic rides that could actually be built in the real world. Nicely themed flat rides. Awesome dark rides.
Buildings - Realistic structures that many would find useful in a variety of themes.
Miscellaneous Blueprints - Items that many would find useful to fit in a variety of theme parks. Fake flat rides and kiddie rides.

Basically, I want the Depot to contain blueprints that many people would find useful for their parks, and not over-the-top creations that nobody could use. This doesn't mean that I won't accept some top-notch over-the-top items. There are plenty of projects on the Workshop that are jaw-dropping and should certainly be seen by a large audience. If something is particularly inspired, I'll host it at the Depot. But for the most part, I want blueprints that are of high quality, yet most likely overlooked on the Steam Workshop because they're overshadowed by the popular designers flashy creations.

Also to be found at the Planet Coaster Depot will be billboard images and webm videos. I've added a small few to start out...a few of my own and some by community members. I'd like to create a large database of images and videos so people can have a place to find useful images to use for their parks. Everyone is welcome to add images to the Depot. They do not need to be your own. Just try to avoid copyrighted images.

Once again, the Planet Coaster Depot is a WIP, but hopefully will grow to become a great spot to browse for needed blueprints, images, etc., and will make it easier for people to find what they're looking for. If you have any suggestions for specific categories that you think might make searching for items easier, feel free to let me know.

Click Here to check out the Planet Coaster Depot.
You can also access it from the menu at the top of the forums.

Also, feel free to add your blueprints to the Planet Coaster Blueprints board. This board is open for all SGW to post on, and all are accepted. (Even crappy ones :P) I will always be checking this board for worthy additions to the PC Depot.

Submissions
As stated above, if you would like to submit something to the PC Depot, you can simply submit it here or submit it directly to the Depot yourself. Submissions do NOT need to be your own work. If you know of some great blueprints that you've used that you feel deserving of being showcased at the Depot, go right ahead and add them, or paste a link in this thread. With the exception of image and video files, no work is hosted at the Depot. It is like the what the CS List is for RCT3...Simply a place that can help people find quality blueprints, and an alternative to scouring through the thousands and thousands of items on the Workshop.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:54 AM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: The Planet Coaster Depot
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 05:16 PM »
This is an awesome idea and it looks great so far!  Thank you for including some of my workshop items!    :blush:

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 07:22 PM »
All member submissions will first be evaluated by the SGW staff (me) before it is approved. It must be of high enough caliber to qualify. Here are the types of things that I'd most like to host...

I'm extremely flattered to see several of my creations in there.  Thanks for the endorsement!  I'll savor this moment the rest of my days.  But I realize those things are just placeholders until the real artists flesh this repository out, so will shed no tears when they get bumped out in the future.

Thanks muchos for the billboard images!  I'll try to reciprocate in kind.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Billboard Textures
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 07:43 PM »
As promised, some billboard textures.  I hope these prove adequate.  Zip #1 is a collection of shirts pinned to walls.  Folks can add their own backgrounds behind them them put their park logos on the breasts, then mount them in gift shops.  Zip #2 is various wall textures that can be useful to make buildings look unique, or at least different inside and out.

Zip #1 (shirts):  https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Planet%20Coaster%20Stuff/Shirt%20Displays.zip?role=work

Zip #2 (walls):  https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Planet%20Coaster%20Stuff/Wall%20Textures.zip?role=work
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:54 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 09:03 PM »
I have to create an account on Drop Box to access your files, which I prefer not to do. You are welcome to upload those files directly to the PC Depot. Or, if you can get them to me another way, I'll add them to the Depot.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:45 PM by shyguy »

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 12:43 PM »
This is a great idea, makes me feel like I'm finally a contributing member of the forum.  (Never did play around with making my own custom scenery in the RCT3 day.)

And thanks especially for including my Holliday Harbour in the park downloads, that was a quick little project that kind of flew under the radar.   :'(

Offline Mikikiwasha

• Aka. SilentMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 08:41 PM »
I have a (couple) carousel blueprint(s) I'd like to share. Unfortunately I had to split it into two blueprints because it's quite part heavy, so there's two links below. The first is to the main body of the carousel while the second has the roof, floor, and horses.

Part 1: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1372925308
Part 2: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1372908707

(And if you need images, there's a couple here.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: The Planet Coaster Depot (Submissions)
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Thanks, Miki. I added that to the Depot.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Don't forget guys, post links here to any blueprints you think that are worthy of being showcased at the PC Depot, whether they belong to you or someone else. That would help me a whole lot.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 04:18 PM »
I will do this, just need some time to focus on it

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 01:56 PM »
It seems no one is using this. I thought this would be a nice way for you guys to advertise your blueprints and get more recognition. Also, I was hoping you'd add links to blueprints by other creators that you thought deserving of more recognition. But as no one is adding anything, the Depot is pretty bare, and there's not much incentive for people to check it out, as it offers so little. I'm probably going to discontinue this feature and delete it completely. I thought it was a nice idea to help the community as well as get more traffic to the site. But without community help, it's simply not going to work.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 02:58 PM »
I think it's a great idea, but I never volunteer my own stuff because I make crap :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 04:11 PM »
it may become more popular once Thememaker is out and people are creating new scenery...unless you plan on having a new section for this?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 04:52 PM »
it may become more popular once Thememaker is out and people are creating new scenery...unless you plan on having a new section for this?
I was thinking about changing it from hosting blueprint links to the "best of" UGC. That might work better as people will very likely change their focus from searching for blueprints to searching for the best UGC. We'll see...

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58 PM »
I was thinking about changing it from hosting blueprint links to the "best of" UGC. That might work better as people will very likely change their focus from searching for blueprints to searching for the best UGC. We'll see...

Maybe do it like the Hall of Fame, the Oscars, or whatever, with annual inductions?  That way, it's more of a tribute to the worthy and more of a ceremonial production for the forum in general.

So, come the end of the year, look through the blueprints of the previous 12 months, pick several of YOUR favorites (because it's your show) in a number of categories (best park, best coaster, best hotel, best scenery thing, best use of a snowman's pipe out of context, whatever) and announce the finalists so the authors can schmooze before the voting.  Then you "voluntold" a panel of judges to pick the winner in each category.  All along the way, you hype it.  The winners of park-building contests should get an automatic in, too.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page