The Mr. Wonder Show (Episode 2 Released)

• 66 replies

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
The Mr. Wonder Show (Episode 2 Released)
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:25 PM »

Some members have expressed concern that there is just not enough Mr. Wonder here at SGW. But rumor has it that he has just returned from his 3rd "Around the World" vacation this year, and is feeling a bit bored. He's thinking about firing up the Mr. Wonder Show again, this time with a new format. For one of the main features of the show, he will take requests from SGW members to visit and review their parks. He will then assemble a film crew and take a walking tour of the park, offering critics and a full review of the park. The show will also feature guest appearances by the wacky Wonder bunch, as well as SGW members (all presented in creepy, cartoony, puppet form)

Before the show gets the green light, I'd like to know if you guys would be interested in this. You simply have to post a link to your park on the Steam Workshop and Mr. Wonder will choose the park he wishes to visit. And and just to warn you, Mr. Wonder basically hates all theme parks that he doesn't own. ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:56 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
Re: The Mr. Wonder Show
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:05 PM »
I don't currently have a park ready for him to visit but I'd certainly be interested in his stylish critique of anyone willing to open their doors to him (baring court ordered restraining orders of course...) until mine is done.  Until then I work in utter secrecy to avoid Wonder's well known habit of 'borrowing' ideas that he claims he originated, of course he'll in turn claims I have nothing worth stealing anyways...and he's usually right. 

Perhaps he could take a long walk off a short pier at someplace like Fisherman's Kaleidoscope Pier project?  No doubt there's oodles of new things there that we'd soon see pop up in a Wonder Park somewhere...

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Here's the last episode from the the first run of the Mr. Wonder Shows, way back in 2011. The format featured Mr. Wonder and Yours Truly interviewing SGW members and posting news covering events on SGW. The shows got a bit long in the tooth and began to focus too much on the Wonder gang. The new format will be more focused on the community.

This final episode featured an interview with Wagi, Walt Disney's Head, and the then moderator of the extinct RCT1 & 2 Board. Warning...this show contains adult humor and same very tasteless images and themes. ;)

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 01:40 PM »
I don't currently have a park ready for him to visit but I'd certainly be interested in his stylish critique of anyone willing to open their doors to him (baring court ordered restraining orders of course...) until mine is done.  Until then I work in utter secrecy to avoid Wonder's well known habit of 'borrowing' ideas that he claims he originated, of course he'll in turn claims I have nothing worth stealing anyways...and he's usually right. 

Perhaps he could take a long walk off a short pier at someplace like Fisherman's Kaleidoscope Pier project?  No doubt there's oodles of new things there that we'd soon see pop up in a Wonder Park somewhere...
I am hurt to the core. And to think we hit it off so well on the last Wonder Show episode. Maybe you'd like to make a guest appearance on the new show. You looked so lovely in your pink dress and tiara.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 01:53 PM »
this sounds very interesting

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 02:09 PM »
You actually think I'd show up again in that pink dress and tiara?   8|  That crap's SEVEN YEARS OLD!  I'm crushed that you'd think so little of my fashionista sense, 'pink' is so 2011,  and don't get me started on tiara's, not when everyone and his daughter wears them puttering around the White House, so they are hardly cutting edge fashion any more!

But I suppose you could pencil me in for the swimsuit edition of the show. I have a nifty little two piece I had made from a couple luxury King sized bed sheets I found at Sam's Club I've been dying to show off, and since it's almost summer up there and we all know how Mr Wonder has an eye for quality bed linens...

I'll even perm my back hair!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 02:30 PM »
LOL! It's kinda scares the crap out of me that Mr wonder will be allowed into other peoples' parks again. I whole-heartedly encourage it though. And wagi, you'll look as pretty as a picture.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 03:59 PM »
OMG!!  I would absolutely LOVE to see this revived!!  And once Kaleidoscope Piers is open, Mr. Wonder is more than welcome to visit!  Heck...I could even send you the file and you can preview it before I finish it.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Worlds of Fun will have several janky coasters guaranteed to cause him some neck injury.  I'll have it on the workshop within the next couple weeks.

Maybe this time I'll intentionally move the trees into the coaster path...

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 05:32 PM »
OMG!!  I would absolutely LOVE to see this revived!!  And once Kaleidoscope Piers is open, Mr. Wonder is more than welcome to visit!  Heck...I could even send you the file and you can preview it before I finish it.
That would make a great pilot episode!

And submitted parks do not need to be completed to be featured on the show.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Cool.  I'm just not ready for it to go up on the workshop yet.

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 12:18 AM »
I would be interested to see my Far Away park getting some hate, lol.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 01:44 AM »
ahah that could be hilarious !
Warner Movie World s1 probably wont be ready before June tho
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 10:53 AM »
Before the show gets the green light, I'd like to know if you guys would be interested in this. You simply have to post a link to your park on the Steam Workshop and Mr. Wonder will choose the park he wishes to visit. And and just to warn you, Mr. Wonder basically hates all theme parks that he doesn't own. ;)

Mr. Wonder is EXACTLY the right guy to give a tour of Quarantine Island!  Only he can provide the snarky commentary and insulting critique this park was made specifically to have ;)  I'm sure he'll hate the park although he might like the setting itself is probably drinking buddies with the Dictator who owns it :D  I can give you a Cliff Notes version of the history of the place if you're interested, as you have to understand the backstory to fully hate the place properly ;)

There are 2 versions of the park uploaded:
*  Closed, with zero peeps:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1355314537
*  Open, with about 9000 peeps:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873306759
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Mr. Wonder is EXACTLY the right guy to give a tour of Quarantine Island!  Only he can provide the snarky commentary and insulting critique this park was made specifically to have ;)  I'm sure he'll hate the park although he might like the setting itself is probably drinking buddies with the Dictator who owns it :D  I can give you a Cliff Notes version of the history of the place if you're interested, as you have to understand the backstory to fully hate the place properly ;)

There are 2 versions of the park uploaded:
*  Closed, with zero peeps:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1355314537
*  Open, with about 9000 peeps:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873306759

ahah that could be hilarious !
Warner Movie World s1 probably wont be ready before June tho
I would be interested to see my Far Away park getting some hate, lol.

I would love to trash, er, visit your parks. It does take a couple weeks to film and edit each show, so it probably won't be until summer when I get to your parks. But I'll add you all to my list of victims.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 07:01 PM »
I would love to trash, er, visit your parks. It does take a couple weeks to film and edit each show, so it probably won't be until summer when I get to your parks. But I'll add you all to my list of victims.

It's already been summer for several weeks in the biomes where Bullethead Sweatshop Industries usually does business.  The crane fly plague, the 1st lovebug plague, and the Maybug plague are all already over and done with.  Meanwhile, the gnat plague is continuing in full force, the Junebug plague seems to be off to an early start, and the cicada plague is approaching full steam.  So by all the signs, it's summer already.  At least here in the tropics where the temperature doesn't change that much so we mark the passage of time by the types of bugs currently plaguing us.

However, the temperature and humidity both do trend slightly upwards for the next while so, if you want to do any walking hereabouts, it's better now than later.  Otherwise, it's best to wait until after the 2nd lovebug plague, about in the middle of the tent caterpillar plague and the start of the yellowjacket plague.  Oh, and be sure you have all your shots for tropical diseases.  Les maringouins are a constant year-round plague and those hereabouts carry every disease known to science, plus a few new ones found every week or so.  Also, this is one of those regions where certain fungal infections are common, which might have repercussions on the meds you take :D.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:03 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 12:30 AM »
oh oh ahahaha that would be awesome. i didnt have a park ready yet. but i definitly would love to see him visit some parks!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15 PM »

Mr. Wonder filmed a short pre-show in preparation for the new series launch.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 02:05 AM »
Yay!  I'm really looking forward to this :).

BTW, I hope that "cheap special effect" didn't hurt too much....
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59 AM »
Omg I can't wait!!  But will Mr. Wonder make me laugh... Or cry?  Hmmm...  ???

Offline Ursos

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 04:10 AM »
That short pre-show is awesome. If they manage to keep that standard of quality, I think this will be a riot. Needless to say, I can't wait!
Hi!

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 06:02 AM »
very funny.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 09:06 AM »
Oh boy, this is going to be good. :P

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 10:22 AM »
The biggest question is, did Shyguy lose his eyebrows in that cheap pyro trick?

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 10:31 AM »
Seeing as my whole park is extremely large and may blow up your PC...here are links to individual planets/lands That I have uploaded to date.
Pick any if you so dare.
I feel like I'm a gluten for punishment by volunteering like this...but go for it Mr. Wonderful.

Coruscant and Dagobah
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148190560

The moon of Endor
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148187482

The Ice Planet of Hoth
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1332744527

Naboo
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1249293040

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 10:40 AM »
The biggest question is, did Shyguy lose his eyebrows in that cheap pyro trick?
Yay!  I'm really looking forward to this :).

BTW, I hope that "cheap special effect" didn't hurt too much....

"Cheap special effect" indeed. I'm typing this from my hospital room, covered with 3rd degree burns over my face and body. Damn you, Mr. Wonder.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 01:39 PM »
The blinking's creeping me out a little  ;)

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 03:46 AM »
That Wanda always was a hottie...as a gay man I can say that because of her back hair and mustache.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 04:03 AM »
Ha ha ha ha!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43 AM »
This gonna be fantastic and exciting. A totaly great idea to reload the show...
I hope Mr. Wonder will support the marvellous Avengers in the MCU Mall of Adventure when the Universe open the gates...

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU