Poll

Choose the map you want to be used for the Summer Competition.

Bullethead - Pharqueson Farms
10 (38.5%)
wowmanrct - SW Canyonlands
1 (3.8%)
kjellkamp - Tokaj
1 (3.8%)
Salad Fries - Lake Planco
14 (53.8%)
CoastersPaul - Circade Isles
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

SGW Pre- Summer Competition 2018 (Vote)

• 69 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: SGW Pre- Summer Competition 2018 (Vote)
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2018, 01:05 PM »
I've given you all access to the Competition Committee board. You should see the board near the bottom of the forum. If you don't see the board, let me know. Check in and follow the instructions.

If anyone else would like to be on the committee, post here, as I'm still accepting applicants.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2018, 05:22 PM »
If anyone else would like to be on the committee, post here, as I'm still accepting applicants.

Oh geez......  I went out of town Thurs-Sun and return to find, to my great surprise, that this map contest is still unresolved (all tied up as of this writing).  Damn.  If I end up winning the map contest, I'd have to recuse myself from the ensuing park-building phase but would be obligated to help judge it.

I never thought it would come to this.  I figured Salad Fries would walk away with the map contest :D.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2018, 06:53 PM »
So what exactly are you saying? Are you interested in being a part of the committee? It matters not whether or not your map is chosen. The only thing that matters is whether or not you want to enter the main competition. I don't believe competing on a map you've designed gives you any real advantage, if that is the case.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2018, 07:31 PM »
So what exactly are you saying? Are you interested in being a part of the committee? It matters not whether or not your map is chosen. The only thing that matters is whether or not you want to enter the main competition. I don't believe competing on a map you've designed gives you any real advantage, if that is the case.

I'm saying that if my map wins, I'll judge.  If my map loses, I'll build a park.

Remember a few pages back when I suggested a rule that if your map wins, you can't play but have to judge?  You vetoed that as a rule but it's still the way my moral compass points.  As a real-life public servant in perpetually corrupt Lousy Anna, I'm bound by what pass for ethical rules here.  And those rules have totally got it backwards when they define "conflict of interest".  The LA Board of Ethics unaccountably defines a "conflict of interest" as those circumstances when my personal interests and those of the bidders on the contracts I offer happen to coincide.  Seriously, where's the conflict in that?  We can both get rich.  OTOH, there's no "conflict", as the Board of Ethics defines that term, when the contract goes to somebody other than my brother-in-law, and that contractor won't give me a kick-back for letting him have the job.  I have a serious conflict with that :D

However, me being conflicted, as I define it, matters not.  I live under the rules of my political masters, so must recuse myself from playing on my own map.  But, in that event, I shall pay my debts to SGW by judging.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:40 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2018, 07:42 PM »
I don't see any issue with you competing if we choose your map.  Like Shyguy said, there's not really any advantage...in fact you just had to do extra work.  Ha ha.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Congrats to Salad Fries, whose map has been chosen for the Summer Comp. Sign ups have begun in this thread...
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20681.0.html

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 12:20 PM »
That's a great weight off my shoulders.  Thanks, Salad Fries ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Congratualtions!

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2018, 01:59 PM »
congratulations!! It's a good choice for the summer competition. I am looking forward to all the finished parks.

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Congrats SF -- I was torn between the two finalists here, so I was going to be happy with the result either way.  But great maps by all entrants.

My initial plans to compete have been recently derailed by both real life distraction and game ambivalence, so at this point I'm waiting until the last possible moment to decide.  And yes, I realize that this non-announcement was pointless and wreaks of attempted drama.