Lake View Heights - 1976 - Lakeside Avenue Review

• 37 replies

Offline Austin Reess

• I am one with the rollercoaster
    • View Profile
Re: Lake View Heights - First day of 1976! (Lakeside Avenue; New for 1976!)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 04:54 AM »
Wow I missed this park Austin! Nice to see some returns here in the forum. Beautiful update, very realistic. I loved Charleston Gardens as well. (It was my competition back then 😉 haha) keep it up!

Hey thank you for checking out the park! That is my aim, yes. Realistic. I want to produce a product very similar to charleston gardens with my own little twists and storylines. I feel I am doing a great job right now as far as realism goes to when rides were introduced in the years they were introduced in. I knew log flumes dated way back and i definitely saw that this park was screaming water ride at me after I had created steak by the lake and tiki’s dance. I’m happy to have returned here, this place was like a home for me years back. But thanks again for the feedback! Stay tuned because the future is looking pretty nice for this project(especially when i finally update my computer lol!)
What comes around, goes around.. Sike, it's just Vitas.

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
Re: Lake View Heights - 1976 - Lakeside Avenue Review
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 07:17 AM »
Hello Everyone, your favorite journalist from Only in Iowa is back!! I'm here to post a mid-season update of the park, mainly because i'll be reviewing the new addition to Lake View for 1976 today, Lakeside Avenue! Lets "dive" right in!

So unfortunately, I had to wait 2 hours to get on Lake View Falls, but it's only unfortunate to me. As this ride is ABSOLUTELY booming with the park guests! Geoff thought that the idea of having a water ride would be revolutionary to this park, he was not kidding!!

I think the ride has some very nice scenery, the station is lovely in my opinion. I love the architecture used on this ride, especially for the final drop. Geoff had told me that the Giant structure constructed for the drop was made to make Lake View Falls stand out in the park. He has also told me that towards the bottom of the drop is the unit room for all the water plumbing and such.

I must say, for a Log Flume, this ride can be quite intimidating, as it is the 2nd tallest Attraction in the park under the Tyrant Rollercoaster. The drop however, looks much taller than it really is  :sweat:

After the massive first drop, this ride promises to soak you, you might need to change your underwear when you get off the ride as well..  ;)

And finally the 2nd new addition. The Pirate Ship, so this ride is very complimentary to the theme going on within Lakeside Avenue, the water like setting really compliments the Pirate Ship. I also like how he kept the themeing of the que line generic, because I think that the view of the lake from the ride is enough to really make the ride look nice.

Along side these 2 new attractions this year, Lakeside Avenue also features Steak By The Lake, which is a restaurant, and Tiki's Dance, a Scrambler type flat ride. Geoff has also mentioned that in the future, he will be expanding this area adding new gift shops, and eventually a new rollercoaster. However, he said he's likely not adding a new rollercoaster for a couple of years as he want's to focus generally on the park itself, one of his goals is to add gift shops to Lakeside Avenue, as well as add more flat rides to the park for families to enjoy. Thats about it for my review, overall I love this new area. It really brings out what this park is really all about. Families and the lake. Geoff had also mentioned that he intends to add more Themed areas to the park in the future. Anyways....

What do you guys think Lake View Heights is going to add for 1977, the rumor mill is starting to "spin" as I've heard that a new flat ride is in the works.. what could it be?? Carl Weiss.. Signing off  ;)

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Hmm maybe a Enterprise? Wild mouse? Thst would be my guess. Lakeview Falls has one hell of a drop! Looks tall! Great update, I'm enjoying the story so far!

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Hmm maybe a Enterprise? Wild mouse? Thst would be my guess. Lakeview Falls has one hell of a drop! Looks tall! Great update, I'm enjoying the story so far!

Hmm what could it be  :whistling: it's not a wild mouse (yet). Previously mentioned above I'm more than likely going to add zacharyshyguys Schiff Wild Mouse blueprint in for the 1979 season, as it would mesh well with the idea of Riverview Park closing in 1978.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2019, 09:27 PM »
I'm going to guess that it will be a Tilt-A-Whirl ride. I don't think Lake View Heights has one of those yet. I like the queue and station of Lake View Falls; sorta modern, sorta rustic- Modern Rustic!

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 06:13 AM »
Lovely park, Austin! I adore the main street, it's so idyllic. Overall great atmosphere and details. :)

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 10:11 AM »
Scrambler ride?
Zachary Lunsford

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2019, 10:17 AM »