love the train shots

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Whoa!  I LOVE that bridge!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
The Atrium Restaurant is stunning! And love the new train bridge. Fantastic detailing.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - first pics of Steam Mountain
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2019, 05:29 AM »
JP, wowman, cody, Fisherman and shyguy - thank you all so much for the fantastic comments!

The layout of Expedition Island is set... Actually I've had built a nicely smoothed B&M inverted coaster for it, but it did not work for the concept of that park, so I've decided to completely build and design a new coaster as the main attraction for that park section... Building process has started and will progress over the next weeks.

So here is a first look at "Steam Mountain"...

A somewhat elegant train station welcomes guests for a journey on the Steam Mountain Railroad.

The three levels of the paths help to emphasize on the huge size of that coasterstation.

Guests are ready to board the train... Don't miss to catch a look out of the window to see Expedition Islands train station far behind...

Leaving the station, the track follows a small steel bridge, crossing that river and heading for Steam Mountain... ;)

My favourite views in DK always point towards the castle as the centerpoint...

More pics of that ride coming soon. Hope you like what you see - love to read your feedback...
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:42 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Ahh, that train station!  And I really like the retaining wall along the train tracks.  Very visually satisfying!  :)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2019, 06:14 PM »
I love how the train goes over a bridge as it leaves the station. And another great shot of your castle in the distance. :)  The design of the castle may not be practical in the real world, but in a fantasy park setting like this, it looks perfect. :yes:

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2019, 12:53 PM »
This all looks as gorgeous as always. I love the station.
Can I make one suggestion though? The bridge over the river looks a little over-supported with them being so thick. Have you tried losing the middle support?  I think it would look more balanced and even more elegant with just the two.
And I agree with you about the view towards the castle. Truly beautiful and magical. :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Ahh, that train station!  And I really like the retaining wall along the train tracks.  Very visually satisfying!  :)
Thanks a lot JP!

I love how the train goes over a bridge as it leaves the station. And another great shot of your castle in the distance. :)  The design of the castle may not be practical in the real world, but in a fantasy park setting like this, it looks perfect. :yes:
The castle is heavily invluenced by the DLP castle, just did some minor changes... The bridge... well see below... ;)

This all looks as gorgeous as always. I love the station.
Can I make one suggestion though? The bridge over the river looks a little over-supported with them being so thick. Have you tried losing the middle support?  I think it would look more balanced and even more elegant with just the two.
And I agree with you about the view towards the castle. Truly beautiful and magical. :)
Man, Nemmie, thanks so much! You always inspire so much... and you are so right! The supports were not good for such a purpose, so I did a complete re-"supporting". Took me a while, but now I hope you like that one better... :D

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2019, 07:34 AM »
Great change!!! Looks way better.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2019, 10:18 AM »
What a lovely bridge that is!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2019, 12:23 PM »
HOLY FRICK!!!
That's incredible. I only suggested deleting the middle support. This is just on another level.

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Amazing park

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2019, 06:40 PM »
Damn, CSL, you keep making such amazing stuff and taking such good pics of it!  And your bridges are far and away the best I've seen.  I hope you upload them so I can steal them ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2019, 05:42 AM »
Beautiful job redoing that bridge. Looks fantastic!

The station itself looks very inviting, and the shot along the stream looks almost real.

Great job!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the amazing comments! ;)

HOLY FRICK!!!
That's incredible. I only suggested deleting the middle support. This is just on another level.
Thanks so much Nemmie! It's all done with the Beamset I did with TMT. Its very versatile! Can get it from my workshop.

Damn, CSL, you keep making such amazing stuff and taking such good pics of it!  And your bridges are far and away the best I've seen.  I hope you upload them so I can steal them ;)
You can take the Beamset that I've done in TMT - I'm sure you could do bridges with it even better than I do ;). But if you really want I can upload them later for sure!

Beautiful job redoing that bridge. Looks fantastic!

The station itself looks very inviting, and the shot along the stream looks almost real.

Great job!
Thanks so much, Citytrader!

Some more impressions from Expedition Island...

And of course a classic river adventure can't be missing... ;)

Hope you like, what you see!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:42 PM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - a river adventure
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2019, 06:05 AM »
I like the open, airy buildings, which are quite suitable for hot, humid climates.  But you might want to put some ceiling fans in them :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2019, 09:44 AM »
This looks so awesome! Realistic yet playful, industrial at times, yet green and really nice. Love the tiny steps at the lava.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2019, 01:35 PM »
Love the architecture. I hope we get to see more of the Rainforest River ride.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Oh wow that looks great. All that details and in everything is so much creativity. I absorb every picture and can't wait for more ;D

Offline Manuuuuu

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2019, 03:43 AM »
When is this going to be available in the workshop? :love:

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2019, 03:50 PM »
WOW! Love it, love it, love it!

The tunnel entrance with the lava is brilliant. I can imagine that being really exciting on this coaster too.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2019, 06:56 AM »
Very realistic architecture, really giving me that tropical, laid back vibe. Well done! And here's another vote for seeing more of the jungle ride

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - new pics coming soon...
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2019, 11:54 PM »
Was out a few days for some resting... Rode an old legend with two corkscrews - guess what it was ;)
And now slowly catching up with all the amazing projects around here... And thrilled to see so many great feedbacks, thanks so much...

I like the open, airy buildings, which are quite suitable for hot, humid climates.  But you might want to put some ceiling fans in them :)
Thanks Bullethead, yes you are so right. But needs to take some time...

This looks so awesome! Realistic yet playful, industrial at times, yet green and really nice. Love the tiny steps at the lava.
Thanks dinoco! Yes, that lava stuff is fantastic ingame scenery to be used!

Love the architecture. I hope we get to see more of the Rainforest River ride.
Thanks so much shyguy! I hope it too... But so far only the vegetation is done... The animals and scenery is still to be done.

Oh wow that looks great. All that details and in everything is so much creativity. I absorb every picture and can't wait for more ;D
Thanks a lot PatrikV. The creativity often starts flowing thanks to the inspiring by this amazing community here!

When is this going to be available in the workshop? :love:
Oh thats not easy to answer... Building now over a year on it... Maybe I will put up the Expedition Island as a separate parkfile sooner... Planned are four sections - the centuries avenue, which certain things need to be finished and I want to rebuild... The Expedition Island, which is around 75% by now, the Fairytale Kingdom, which is around 50% and the right park section which is at... well 0% :'(
So for the whole park it will unfortunately take some time...

WOW! Love it, love it, love it!

The tunnel entrance with the lava is brilliant. I can imagine that being really exciting on this coaster too.
Thanks so much Nemmie! Yes, it looks somewhat exciting, but the train is at certain speed at this part, so the riders will not notice, if they don't look carefully... ;)

Very realistic architecture, really giving me that tropical, laid back vibe. Well done! And here's another vote for seeing more of the jungle ride
Thanks so much Berlin87! So glad that you like it. :)

And here an "art pic" ??? - I know it's definitely never as good as those wowman is doing, but I did not want the post to be without a screenshot...

New pics will come soon I hope... Trying now to get those awnings up on the ws, once I have the synchronisation issues solved...
Thanks so much for all your encouragement!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2019, 05:19 AM »
Thanks Bullethead, yes you are so right. But needs to take some time...

I know you like to make your own stuff but there's no sense re-inventing the wheel ;).  Have a look on the TMT section of the Workshop.  I recommend LouNap211's animated, fully repaintable, low-poly, 5-bladed fans.  I use them myself.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1657821308&searchtext=ceiling+fan

And here an "art pic" ??? - I know it's definitely never as good as those wowman is doing, but I did not want the post to be without a screenshot...

Damn, that's gorgeous!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:21 AM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Manuuuuu

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - new pics coming soon...
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Oh thats not easy to answer... Building now over a year on it... Maybe I will put up the Expedition Island as a separate parkfile sooner...

Ahhhh that would be amazing, that is my favorite part. I would love to play with it :love: :love:

EDIT: Oh and btw there is also the option to upload your current version and update the file whenever you like. Thats what a lot of the big planet coaster creators do with major projects that will necessarily never be "finished".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:07 AM by Manuuuuu »

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2019, 06:48 AM »
I think it looks great - Believe - I put about no thought into mine. I just start grabbing and trying different filters (in the software I use) until I see something I like.

Offline Manuuuuu

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - The Confectionery
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2019, 01:50 AM »

Ok one little note could you be so heroic and upload this ice cream pavilion as an individual building? There is nothing as perfect and clean on the workshop compared to this and i already failed trying to recreate it haha.  :-[