C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Ice's Boutique!

• 167 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - An electric railway
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2018, 10:42 AM »
A another beautiful update. Everything is just so perfectly designed and integrated. Awesome job! I'm really loving this park.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2018, 07:23 AM »
looks great - your screen captures are awesome

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Wow! I love this! Very detailed and plays with concepts we all know and love, but adds in original ideas to the mix so it does not resemble another park....no names. Amazing work and very beautiful!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Goddamn it, i go away for a while, and suddenly everyone is getting a thousandfold better at PC. I am not even gonna bother posting anymore, stuff like this makes everything else shit.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Goddamn it, i go away for a while, and suddenly everyone is getting a thousandfold better at PC. I am not even gonna bother posting anymore, stuff like this makes everything else shit.

CSL's damn good but don't let him run you off.  I'm a Neanderthal surrounded here by great artists everywhere I look.  I learned a long time ago my arms are too short to box with the gods but that doesn't keep me from trying :).   BTW, good to see you again.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Thanks, but relax, thats definitely overstated... And I like everything else around here! So don't wait to show up your stuff!

CSL's damn good but don't let him run you off.  I'm a Neanderthal surrounded here by great artists everywhere I look.  I learned a long time ago my arms are too short to box with the gods but that doesn't keep me from trying :).   BTW, good to see you again.
Bullethead, latest (but already before...) since your Pinfari and Nepali stuff I'm thrilled and hooked by your work, which amazes me! :)

So here a concept, I've started... I'm thinking of a slow Peoplemover indoor ride with a world fair atmosphere... Don't know if it's good... Didn't create to much custom work on the surrounding buildings yet...

How to treat the track?
Feedback, recommendations and criticism allowed and wanted...
A lot of greets
Corkscrewloop :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:20 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2018, 10:39 AM »
That looks quite nifty, Corkscrew.  But if you want it to be a bit scary, you need to add a mime ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2018, 11:10 AM »
i like the way its looking

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2018, 12:50 PM »
I'm starting to run out of compliments so that it doesn't sound like a cliche.
Every update amazes me. That Parisian scene is just too cute.
As for the track, how about matching the colour of each section to the floor colour? That way, all the attention will be on the scene and it'll feel more immersive.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Great idea for a ride. I don't know how much room you got but if you got any,  i would definitely try to see what the tower looks like if you place it behind the buildings and a little higher to add some depth to the scene. Maybe add a fountain to where the tower is standing now. Just something to play around with if you got any room left. I am looking forward to seeing more countries on this ride.

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2018, 03:53 PM »
Good idea CoasterCad! I'd also suggest changing what's behind the metro entrance. Kind of weird seeing stars behind it.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2018, 07:30 PM »
I am melting.
I just looked at your thread for the first time, and I'm melting. In my 8 years of following park projects on SGW,  this must be one of the most creative and charming projects I've ever seen here.
Your super lovable mascots and characters... then the shop interiors... and so much more... I'm speechless. Very, very heartwarming. Thank you.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Thanks so much for all your amazing feedback! Well that world fair ride is just a concept, not finished or detailed out yet and don't know if I will ever put it into Dreamland Kingdom...

That looks quite nifty, Corkscrew.  But if you want it to be a bit scary, you need to add a mime ;)
Mime? You mean those guys on the street which imitate you when you pass by for the fun of others >:( :D ... Maybe!! ;)

i like the way its looking
Thanks wowman!

As for the track, how about matching the colour of each section to the floor colour? That way, all the attention will be on the scene and it'll feel more immersive.
Thanks so much Nemmie, you read my mind... of course I have thought about that and tried... Unfortunately you can't recolor all parts of the track. It stays grey on the sides and also burying the track does not work (at least for me..)

Great idea for a ride. I don't know how much room you got but if you got any,  i would definitely try to see what the tower looks like if you place it behind the buildings and a little higher to add some depth to the scene. Maybe add a fountain to where the tower is standing now. Just something to play around with if you got any room left. I am looking forward to seeing more countries on this ride.
Amazing idea! Unfortunately I don't have room behind. But lets see, I currently rework the track so it looks better.

Good idea CoasterCad! I'd also suggest changing what's behind the metro entrance. Kind of weird seeing stars behind it.
Thanks, noted that and already changed...

I am melting.
I just looked at your thread for the first time, and I'm melting. In my 8 years of following park projects on SGW,  this must be one of the most creative and charming projects I've ever seen here.
Your super lovable mascots and characters... then the shop interiors... and so much more... I'm speechless. Very, very heartwarming. Thank you.
Wow Elch, thanks so much, that is such a nice and great compliment! I'm thrilled that you like it... And I've seen your RCT3 pics, which are mindblowing and your parks you've built there are so amazing! To be honest, I could have never built such stuff in RCT3...

And a few new pics from DK - still working on the tramway:

And behind the castle on "Northern Lights" and the plaza:

Hope you like what you see! :)
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:16 AM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Absolutely beautiful!  You'll have to teach me how to make such plazas.  And everything else you do.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Again, WOW!
I always look forward to your updates. Every one is a real treat. And I just can't stop staring at these pics.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Northern Lights attraction coming...
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2018, 11:53 PM »
Thank you both so much! :)
I'm sometimes lost... have no clue anymore if it's good or bad what I build, or if it could be done better...
Next set of pics will show then the inside of that attraction... :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Northern Lights...
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Ok... Actually this is built since several weeks, but I tweaked and changed it several times until I felt, now it's ok... So join me on a ride through the secret world of the trolls on "Northern Lights", DK's first INDOOR-attraction in the Fairytale Kingdom park section...

The entrance and queue
As often mentioned here in the forum, the better the queue, the better the ride...

Just behind the castle and it's plaza, there is a wooden bridge takeing us to the entrance of Northern Lights.

The small plaza in front of the massive building is themed as a mix of castle and nordic influence.

There is a gateway taking us into the world of northern lights and into the building... Choose the normal or fast pass queue.

The queue is themed and influenced by a nordic little village in front of a castlewall which acts as the station...

The ride

Northern Lights is a family type ride, pretending to let you ride trough a snow landscape...

It for sure starts like that, and nobody yet thinks of the secret soon to be explored...

Nobody expects the purple fairy to appear and unlock a gate of stone...

...a secret fjord is to be found with its funny residents...

...they are shy but fun...

And after this magical experience again a gate brings us back to our nordic world...

A last turn before heading back into the station.

The ice fairy reminds us to "keep the secret"...

The track passes behind the exit path of the ride, which flows trough the little houses behind the queue...

The exit and souvenir shop

They feature a small souvenir shop in the exit lane...

From a small alley directly to the souvenir shop...

Welcome to the Trollstore...

...and back outside...

That was Northern Lights... Hope you like what you see! Appreciate your feedback!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:02 AM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2018, 04:46 AM »
Wow!!  What a beautiful update!  Such lovely shops and ride.   :o

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2018, 07:20 AM »
That is incredibly gorgeous, CSL!  Your little characters are superb and so is the scenery, and the shops with authentic names even.  And I like how peeps can entertain themselves with snowball fights while waiting in the queue :).

Given how cold it is outside and how warm and pleasant the troll hideaway seems, you'd think the trolls would open up to tourism, offering a winter vacation getaway and becoming rich in the process ;).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2018, 08:28 AM »
:love: Absolutely beautiful. Great ride! If you'd like to add some Northern Lights to the ride, I'd suggest trying the colorable fire. Just make the smoke pitch black and it works quite well.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2018, 04:43 PM »
This update looks fantastic, in all meanings of the word- Fantastic, as in: made really well. And fantastic, as in: evoking a world of fantasy. The warm glow of the lights mixed with the snowy surroundings makes me feel good inside. :)

Love the snowdrifts in the passageways. If this were a ride in the real-world, people would be tripping over the snow and there would be a never-ending flood of lawsuits. But that's part of what makes these games enjoyable: We can build whatever want, whatever looks best, without worrying about what would happen in real-life.

The souvenir shop looks perfect for this ride- starkly Nordic, but warm and cozy at the same time. All-in-all, a perfect family-style ride. :up:

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2018, 09:39 AM »
very nice - I especially like all the art shape characters you created

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2018, 02:03 PM »
You've created such a cool ride. I really dig the atmosphere. The art shaped figures are perfect. Don't know if it fits the story, but I would probably add some snowmans.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 11:56 AM »
gorgeous, Gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!!!!!
It's so cute, I nearly squealed. The characters you make for this park are probably the best I've ever seen in Planco. They're perfect and totally adorable.
And I don't know where to start with the ride. Please, please make a video of it. And the gift shop is the most perfect addition to the ride. So much wow going on here.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2018, 02:08 AM »
Wow, thank you all so much for the amazing feedback :o!!!
I'm thrilled! I did not think that you like it so much - these amazing comments coming from all you experienced fantastic creators means so much to me! :)
BBordewyk's idea with the northern lights is a fantastic idea, will defenitly have a look at that.

Currently I'm watching what is coming up with the TMT, so slowed down a little bit the pace of building process...
But still I've started with the new park section...

Work just started, first pics will come later... :)

Thanks again! A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - another trainstation...
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Work just started, first pics arrived, the new park section is coming...

Hope you like what you see!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop

Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Another Trainstation...
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2018, 03:11 PM »
looks awesome. I was working on a clock tower for my African train station using a pic of a real one I found online...and you about nailed it.

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2018, 03:14 PM »
I swear, you must have been using the same photo. LOL

Can you share the tower and station on the workshop and save me some trouble? :-[

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2018, 05:20 PM »
Excellent work, CSL!  I especially like the train bridge and the clock tower.  That bridge is genius.  Thanks for showing a good view of it.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2018, 05:28 PM »
It is always a pleasure to see your updates, corkscrewloop. I love your style and your realism. Keep up the good work!