C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - An electric railway

• 75 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - An electric railway
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2018, 10:42 AM »
A another beautiful update. Everything is just so perfectly designed and integrated. Awesome job! I'm really loving this park.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2018, 07:23 AM »
looks great - your screen captures are awesome

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Wow! I love this! Very detailed and plays with concepts we all know and love, but adds in original ideas to the mix so it does not resemble another park....no names. Amazing work and very beautiful!

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Goddamn it, i go away for a while, and suddenly everyone is getting a thousandfold better at PC. I am not even gonna bother posting anymore, stuff like this makes everything else shit.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Goddamn it, i go away for a while, and suddenly everyone is getting a thousandfold better at PC. I am not even gonna bother posting anymore, stuff like this makes everything else shit.

CSL's damn good but don't let him run you off.  I'm a Neanderthal surrounded here by great artists everywhere I look.  I learned a long time ago my arms are too short to box with the gods but that doesn't keep me from trying :).   BTW, good to see you again.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Thanks, but relax, thats definitely overstated... And I like everything else around here! So don't wait to show up your stuff!

CSL's damn good but don't let him run you off.  I'm a Neanderthal surrounded here by great artists everywhere I look.  I learned a long time ago my arms are too short to box with the gods but that doesn't keep me from trying :).   BTW, good to see you again.
Bullethead, latest (but already before...) since your Pinfari and Nepali stuff I'm thrilled and hooked by your work, which amazes me! :)

So here a concept, I've started... I'm thinking of a slow Peoplemover indoor ride with a world fair atmosphere... Don't know if it's good... Didn't create to much custom work on the surrounding buildings yet...

How to treat the track?
Feedback, recommendations and criticism allowed and wanted...
A lot of greets
Corkscrewloop :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:20 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2018, 10:39 AM »
That looks quite nifty, Corkscrew.  But if you want it to be a bit scary, you need to add a mime ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2018, 11:10 AM »
i like the way its looking

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2018, 12:50 PM »
I'm starting to run out of compliments so that it doesn't sound like a cliche.
Every update amazes me. That Parisian scene is just too cute.
As for the track, how about matching the colour of each section to the floor colour? That way, all the attention will be on the scene and it'll feel more immersive.

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Great idea for a ride. I don't know how much room you got but if you got any,  i would definitely try to see what the tower looks like if you place it behind the buildings and a little higher to add some depth to the scene. Maybe add a fountain to where the tower is standing now. Just something to play around with if you got any room left. I am looking forward to seeing more countries on this ride.

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2018, 03:53 PM »
Good idea CoasterCad! I'd also suggest changing what's behind the metro entrance. Kind of weird seeing stars behind it.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2018, 07:30 PM »
I am melting.
I just looked at your thread for the first time, and I'm melting. In my 8 years of following park projects on SGW,  this must be one of the most creative and charming projects I've ever seen here.
Your super lovable mascots and characters... then the shop interiors... and so much more... I'm speechless. Very, very heartwarming. Thank you.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Thanks so much for all your amazing feedback! Well that world fair ride is just a concept, not finished or detailed out yet and don't know if I will ever put it into Dreamland Kingdom...

That looks quite nifty, Corkscrew.  But if you want it to be a bit scary, you need to add a mime ;)
Mime? You mean those guys on the street which imitate you when you pass by for the fun of others >:( :D ... Maybe!! ;)

i like the way its looking
Thanks wowman!

As for the track, how about matching the colour of each section to the floor colour? That way, all the attention will be on the scene and it'll feel more immersive.
Thanks so much Nemmie, you read my mind... of course I have thought about that and tried... Unfortunately you can't recolor all parts of the track. It stays grey on the sides and also burying the track does not work (at least for me..)

Great idea for a ride. I don't know how much room you got but if you got any,  i would definitely try to see what the tower looks like if you place it behind the buildings and a little higher to add some depth to the scene. Maybe add a fountain to where the tower is standing now. Just something to play around with if you got any room left. I am looking forward to seeing more countries on this ride.
Amazing idea! Unfortunately I don't have room behind. But lets see, I currently rework the track so it looks better.

Good idea CoasterCad! I'd also suggest changing what's behind the metro entrance. Kind of weird seeing stars behind it.
Thanks, noted that and already changed...

I am melting.
I just looked at your thread for the first time, and I'm melting. In my 8 years of following park projects on SGW,  this must be one of the most creative and charming projects I've ever seen here.
Your super lovable mascots and characters... then the shop interiors... and so much more... I'm speechless. Very, very heartwarming. Thank you.
Wow Elch, thanks so much, that is such a nice and great compliment! I'm thrilled that you like it... And I've seen your RCT3 pics, which are mindblowing and your parks you've built there are so amazing! To be honest, I could have never built such stuff in RCT3...

And a few new pics from DK - still working on the tramway:

And behind the castle on "Northern Lights" and the plaza:

Hope you like what you see! :)
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:16 AM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Absolutely beautiful!  You'll have to teach me how to make such plazas.  And everything else you do.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Again, WOW!
I always look forward to your updates. Every one is a real treat. And I just can't stop staring at these pics.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Northern Lights attraction coming...
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2018, 11:53 PM »
Thank you both so much! :)
I'm sometimes lost... have no clue anymore if it's good or bad what I build, or if it could be done better...
Next set of pics will show then the inside of that attraction... :)