C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Northern Lights...

• 80 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - A first look at the castle
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Nemmie, you're reading my mind.  STOP IT! :D
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Enough of the tree nonsense. :P

A great take on the Disney style but making it your own. While I'm sure you cheated a bit, the pathwork is fantastic as well. Nice and orderly. Also, the interaction with the water in the first set of pictures with great as well.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 08:19 PM »
Enough of the tree nonsense. :P

I quite agree.  The castle is the true highlight and I apologize to Corkscrew for getting sidetracked.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - The Confectionery
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 12:59 AM »
Thank you all so much for the feedback. I'm also following all your projects here and I'm thrilled and so much inspired by all your creativity, so thanks for your nice, inspiring and helpful comments!  The tree discussion is fun, but very valid.

@BlueSpirit, you are right, I have to add more life to the street and I'm doing it by adding flowers to the street lamps, etc. but there will come more. Thanks for that hint.

@Bullethead, yes I know the movie and I like it very well! ;)

@Nemmie, yes the tree putting upside down is a great idea, but I did not found a great matching one yet...

So here is a little playing with the trees...

The beach tree 3 is much bigger compared to those, especially wider, so it wont fit nicely on the walkway.

Beside that I was continueing on the Confectionery. I will rework the roof of it, as I'm not fully happy with that yet, but that will come later...

Every amusement or themepark has a confectionery or shops selling sweets, so it must not being missed here... The community has built fantastic stuff in that direction which helped me a lot to get inspired.

The front entrance, at night...

The interior...

...features an ice cream corner and a bakery corner:

The wallpaper is built from wooden parts instead of a custom billboard.

The rear exit in the style of a small cinema entrance:

An adjusted custom tree and the flower pots on the street lamp.
The ice cream stand is a first version, don't know if its finished, as if I get new ideas I might change things later...

But enough of details...

A last atmospheric shot for the night... :)

Hope you like what you see... Would like to read your feedback!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop! :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:41 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 04:44 AM »
Fantastic!  The exteriors and interiors are both perfect.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Amazing buildings and interiors. I love your style of building. The pictures look fantastic. Great job!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 10:07 AM »
Everything looks gorgeous. And the trees look much better. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 12:19 PM »
It just gets better and better. This is one of my favourite projects right now. Your shop interiors are beautiful.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 05:30 PM »
So here is a little playing with the trees...

If you numbered these versions of trees from left to right as 1-5, I like #2 by far the best.  It looks like a real, live thing and is the appropriate proportions all over.  #1's trunk is too thick for the rest of the thing.  #3 is too obviously fake, with a smooth metal trunk.   And both #4 and #5 will poke somebody's eye out with their dead lower branches.  Besides, those dead lower branches are totally out of keeping with the well-maintained and carefully groomed, prim and proper appearance of this main street area.  #2, however, looks like a real tree in all its parts and proportions, and is perfectly at home in these surroundings.

Beside that I was continueing on the Confectionery....

And a lovely building it is!  I can smell the chocolate from here ;).  Also, those bags on the hook are excellent ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - approaching the castle
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Thanks to all of you for your fantastic comments, the community here is amazing, and I follow so fascinated the challenges in the summer competition here, which is just fantastic to read and look at the pictures... Ok, but yes summer vacation is over, and beside that I rode my first real strata coaster and now back on a lot of work I've also restarted coaster gaming... Of course I checked out the latest Planco update and must say I love it, but that also means I have to rework a few buildings on the main avenue... But that at another time...

So what about a bunch of new pictures from my current project? :)

Lets first greet with the characters posing on entrance plaza for a nice picture. I actually really like the new color filters and effects, for making pictures its really cool feature... So what do we have here... Fairywitches, trolls, dwarfs,... and the mascotts of course. All of them are going to be found in or around the attractions later. ;)

Here one of the flooding light lamp posts on the central plaza... and the waterfall next the castle.

Finally a tegidcam close up shot from the avenue towards the castle.

looking back from the castle over the central plaza towards the avenue... I like that atmosphere actually.

The central plaza seen from right.

The whole view with the avenue in front.

Rear exit of the castle towards the fairytale kingdom area.

Under the carousel's roof :)

What's behind that mesh wire fence?

And on the opposite...The entrance to northern lights... (no filters used here)

The carousel... well plants are still growing around... (no filters used here)

Approaching the area from the side, there is this nice little bridge behind the castle. (no filters used here)

Posing in front of her castle...

Hope you like what you see and would like to read your feedback!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2018, 01:02 PM »
awesome park and great shots to display it.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2018, 02:40 PM »
You've really captured here everything good about Disney/Disney-like parks. :yes: The 'entrance to northern lights' screenshot is my favorite- the camera is perfectly positioned and there is so much visual interest in the scene!

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2018, 03:26 PM »
I really really like this kind of park. Everything is really well made, realistic and I like how you achieve to create your own thing despite being clearly inspired by DLP.
Your approach reminds me of a parks I really liked back in RCT3 Days, it was called Thriller Park & Miramar Park, and it was very good (the guy did a bunch of park of this style, Thriller Park, then the studios park and the European resort)

Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 05:43 AM »
I LOVE the castle! You can clearly see the inspiration but that isn´t a bad thing. You took it and made it your own. The fairytale area looks promising, I can´t wait to see more of it :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Wow, CorkScrewLoop, those pics are beyond beautiful!  Fantastic work!  Be sure to upload your incredible collection of characters and mascots, too :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2018, 11:58 PM »
awesome park and great shots to display it.
Thanks so much, wowmanrct. To be honest I so much like the fact, that you've started a Renee Feu park now, and I'm so curious to see, how it will look like. :D

You've really captured here everything good about Disney/Disney-like parks. :yes: The 'entrance to northern lights' screenshot is my favorite- the camera is perfectly positioned and there is so much visual interest in the scene!
Thanks a lot JB for the nice comment. I actually hesitated with the northern lights... as I'm still not convinced myself if that is the final version of the entrance (at least on the sign, I think about a custom version). But its good to know, that you like it, so that means overall the concept works...   :)

I really really like this kind of park. Everything is really well made, realistic and I like how you achieve to create your own thing despite being clearly inspired by DLP...

Thanks so much Neitsab! I just checked out your WB park... Man that is a beast!!! :w00t: This is so fantastic work! :) I was thrilled when I went through all the pictures. I once visited WB Madrid and you nailed the atmosphere so perfectly - even better! Oh and the video is beautiful and so nice! I'm still amazed what was already possible in RCT3 (even I never was able to produce something great out of it...). 

I LOVE the castle! You can clearly see the inspiration but that isn´t a bad thing. You took it and made it your own. The fairytale area looks promising, I can´t wait to see more of it :)
Thanks so much BlueSpirit! - Did I mention that I'm thrilled by your Adventure Bay? The imagineering work there is soo amazing, the realism is breathtaking! Really inspirational!

Wow, CorkScrewLoop, those pics are beyond beautiful!  Fantastic work!  Be sure to upload your incredible collection of characters and mascots, too :)
Thank you so much Bullethead! Well that collection is not yet complete  ;)... And if I would be only half as good in writing as you, I would have probably done a tiny tutorial on how to build such stuff. :)

Thanks again to all of you for the nice comments, its really encouraging to keep on the work!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop! :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 01:49 PM »
New plans for Dreamland Kingdom... The wooden coaster will probably be removed. It just does not fit there and the coaster-entrance building etc. is horrible in my opinion, so I want to remove it. But of course it needs to be replaced with something. Recently our creative team started to imagine on a new transport ride for DK...

We will get an Electric Railway... A Tram with stations, track etc and a depot building where the former entrance to the wooden coaster was...

Don't worry too much about the track and the overhead cable... This is just concept for the pictures. I'm not yet sure how the final track will be (elevated on steel supports or in the middle of the avenue - who knows... These pictures are only meant to show the train.

It is a narrow gauge (1m) size coach with interriours, each is 7m long and 2.2 m wide. A train consists of two coaches. It also matches the size of the Planco Connie Express, so we can put it also on that track... ::)

Thanks to the mouse hunt supports and the transparent glass pieces, such "buildings" become possible now in Planet Coaster. It's just so sad it can't move like a real tracked ride.

Doors can be opened (manually shifted / moved). (They are seperate buildiings)

The passanger view...

I will also rebuild it as single coach type, etc. Further version could be with the pantograph removed and being exchanged by a collector for connection to a third rail... etc. I'm also not sure about the color. I sometimes think of changing it to blue.

But color doesn't matter at night... It looks nostalgic anyway.

Hope you like what you see! Would like to read your feedback!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - An electric railway
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Wow WOW W O W !!!!  I LOVE the trolley!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Wait a minute. At first I was thinking, does PlanCo have a trolly ride that I don't know about? It's just perfect and looks just as good as any of the vehicles made by Frontier. Really excellent job!!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Ye gods and little goldfish!   :o  Those trolleys are INCREDIBLE!  Excuse me while I uninstall PC.  It's obvious I don't have what it takes ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2018, 01:42 AM »
This is fantastic!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - An electric tramway
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2018, 05:55 AM »
Thanks so much for all your great feedback! Now, the single coach tram is coming... Time consuming work... But the result is looking good I hope. ::)
Here is the single coach tramway, inspired by a mix of different real life trolleys from different cities.

This time I built it more modular, so the bogies are seperate buildings. I did that because I found out its much more convenient when you want to place it on a curved track, as you can then turn easily the bogies, so they match with the curved track. And in case I build a better looking bogie, or a normal gauge one, it can be exchanged very fast.

The coach is completely reworked and inspired by several real life trams.

I plan to make a blue/cream colored version also.

the single coach train has two pantographs, for each driving direction.

the drivers view... Also the console is on both sides.

the passengers view, we can have 24 passengers.

Tram passing Centuries Avenue, at night. I like the atmosphere. :)

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1523362501

Hope you like what you see. Would really like to read your feedback!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:04 PM by corkscrewloop »

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2018, 08:21 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Yeah....... that's excellent!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2018, 07:28 PM »
I can't add much to what Lux said, except   :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :euro: ( <-- Heheh, me and Shyguy have our own emogies  :up:)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2018, 07:30 PM »
It's very clever idea! looks great! :love:

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2018, 11:55 AM »
My God!
These trams are amazing. Beautiful work, my friend.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2018, 02:16 AM »
Thank you so much Nemmie, nazmakhan, Bullethead, Mackie1985 and LuxDreaming for your fantastic feedback!  :)

And that's how it continues...

Putting the track and overhead wire in place...

The central plaza. No wires here in front of the castle. This part of the track is reserved for a horse drawn tramway... In case we get a good looking horse one day.

But other parts of the park develop also, but slowly...

Forget the lantern... its just a placeholder for new designs... Here we see the hidden entrance to "Northern Lights"...

And one of the characters from C.O.A. Boulevard will return in a new tracked attraction.

Last but not least a first view to what's behind that wired fence in "Fairytale Kingdom" park section...

More to come...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:41 AM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Cortex919

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Realy awesome! waiting for more images of the new coaster in your fairytale kingdom :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2018, 09:43 AM »
That's so fantastically beautiful, CSL!  I just keep looking over and over at all these pics marveling at all the details and how perfectly arranged everything is.  It looks better than Disney :).

I'm pretty sure we'll get a static horse fairly soon after TMT comes along.  Fisherman showed me this awesome unicorn he did for RCT3 so I doubt it'll be long before he updates it to PC.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page