C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - a river adventure

• 147 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - Another Trainstation...
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2018, 05:47 PM »
The 4th picture is my favorite: The train going over the bridge with the peeps on the path below. When I see that pic, I know  I'm in a theme park. It has movement going left/right (the train) and movement going toward/away from us (the path with the peeps). Plus the lush vegetation- lots of interesting things going on in that screenshot. :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2018, 11:21 PM »
Great new update. Glad to see you're working on this again. I love the Oriental architecture.

Somehow I completely missed the Northern Lights ride. It was a pure delight. You captured the Nordic theme perfectly. I really love this park.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Can you share the tower and station on the workshop and save me some trouble? :-[
Thrilled that you like it! Sure, thanks Wowman! It would be my great pleasure to see flowing these assets into your Renee Feu park or any others park too... The station I can't upload yet, its completely unfinished... An the clock tower, I might change that in my park later too, not yet sure... But here you go with the assets: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594191012

Excellent work, CSL!  I especially like the train bridge and the clock tower.  That bridge is genius.  Thanks for showing a good view of it.
Thank you so much Bullethead! I included the bridge as well in the link above in case someone want it... I will probably build some variations of it later...

It is always a pleasure to see your updates, corkscrewloop. I love your style and your realism. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Redhair, so happy you like it!

The 4th picture is my favorite: The train going over the bridge with the peeps on the path below. When I see that pic, I know  I'm in a theme park. It has movement going left/right (the train) and movement going toward/away from us (the path with the peeps). Plus the lush vegetation- lots of interesting things going on in that screenshot. :)
Yeah, I'm really not the master in taking good screenshots... So I was waiting many minutes for the trains passing by to create a good shot of it.. It's great that you mention this... Actually that park section is still empty (no rides yet) and I had to trick a little to get the people walking into that part of the park...

Great new update. Glad to see you're working on this again. I love the Oriental architecture.

Somehow I completely missed the Northern Lights ride. It was a pure delight. You captured the Nordic theme perfectly. I really love this park.
Thank you so much Shyguy! Yeah I want this park to continue, but until now I haven't used any TMT assets yet, as I'm really not sure on the impact on performance, which already weakened so strongly in the last weeks with pure ingame builds... I'm thrilled by your perfect architecture in WBB - what you do in there is so clean and amazingly good looking (size, color, etc.), but for me it's really hard to get good looking buildings sometimes and I was rebuilding things several times... the clock tower I've built at least 3 times until I was half happy now and the Bazar Café was and is still undergoing further changes...

A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:02 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2018, 11:54 AM »
sweet - thx

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Thank you so much Shyguy! Yeah I want this park to continue, but until now I haven't used any TMT assets yet, as I'm really not sure on the impact on performance, which already weakened so strongly in the last weeks with pure ingame builds... I'm thrilled by your perfect architecture in WBB - what you do in there is so clean and amazingly good looking (size, color, etc.), but for me it's really hard to get good looking buildings sometimes and I was rebuilding things several times... the clock tower I've built at least 3 times until I was half happy now and the Bazar Café was and is still undergoing further changes...
Thanks, corkscrew. Believe me, I struggle too to get the buildings looking the way I want them too, and sometimes have to re-do them as well. Your work is outstanding, and as I said, I love your work. As for TMT items, just check to see how big they are. Many are around 1-2 MB, which shouldn't affect your lag. But some are HUGE, and I avoid using those items unless it's something that I might only use once in the park. If it's an item that you think you will be using a whole lot, then as I said, make sure it's no more than 1-2 MB.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2018, 01:40 PM »
Amazing!
I love that bridge. It looks really crisp and clean.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2018, 08:29 AM »
sweet - thx
Welcome! :)

Thanks, corkscrew. Believe me, I struggle too to get the buildings looking the way I want them too, and sometimes have to re-do them as well. Your work is outstanding, and as I said, I love your work. As for TMT items, just check to see how big they are. Many are around 1-2 MB, which shouldn't affect your lag. But some are HUGE, and I avoid using those items unless it's something that I might only use once in the park. If it's an item that you think you will be using a whole lot, then as I said, make sure it's no more than 1-2 MB.
Thanks Shyguy for the feedback and yes, thats a good tip regarding the file size!

Amazing!
I love that bridge. It looks really crisp and clean.
Thank you Nemmie! So glad you like it! ;)

Wish you all a nice holiday!!! ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2018, 07:33 PM »
Thanks for the Christmas card, CSL! :).  Hope yours went well.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2018, 08:46 AM »
Thanks for the Christmas card, CSL! :).  Hope yours went well.
Thanks Bullethead! Hope yours went well too! :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - getting ready for the waste...
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Making the park ready for the visitors waste... :D

low poly and only approx 500kb...

Two versions (waste and recycle) with four different patterns painted on. Fully flexicolor with four different color parts to choose, giving endless combination possibilities...

Since I built this I so much learned how cool the flexicolor feature actually is, giving the builder so much freedom...

Testing two color versions in fairytale kingdom part...

A rather exotic color pattern on the entrance part... Would better match into an oriental park section...

The classic green ones...

Thinking of further logos...

By the way, in each of those is also an ingame waste hidden, so they can be used correctly. Just being placed over an ingame waste.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:18 PM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2019, 12:32 PM »
These waste bins, as everything else, are so beautiful. And I don't use the word "beautiful" very often for a waste bin :D
I like the turquoise and the classic green ones the most. :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Such lovely trash bins.  :P

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2019, 02:21 PM »
The purple & gold combination looks like it would fit into an Arabian Nights themed area (or ToonTown :P). Clever idea placing these over the existing trash cans. Maybe one day users will be able to make working trash cans (etc.) so there will be no need to 'double-up' on the polys.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! Seems they are good enough to release soon...

In the meantime I again wanted to build a little...

"Expedition Island" slowly gets in shape.

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16 PM »
Fantastic work! I love every inch of this park. :love:

I would maybe dress-up the entrance to Expedition Island though. It's a little bare. Perhaps hang stuff from the sign. ropes, cable, gas cans, etc.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:37 AM by BBordewyk »

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - "Expedition Island" slowly gets in shape...
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2019, 03:58 AM »
Just wonderful. I love the L'elephant building, it feels so real!

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2019, 12:30 AM »
It looks like a real amusement park.
I got a lot of inspirations.
keep going like this/

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Just wonderful. I love the L'elephant building, it feels so real!
Thanks so much Elch! Btw just checked out your RCT3 stuff! Man thats some absolutely amazing work!

It looks like a real amusement park.
I got a lot of inspirations.
keep going like this/
I will... oh and I almost cant wait for new pics from your Gazua Valley... Hope that project is still alive!

Fantastic work! I love every inch of this park. :love:

I would maybe dress-up the entrance to Expedition Island though. It's a little bare. Perhaps hang stuff from the sign. ropes, cable, gas cans, etc.
Thanks so much... Yeah the entrance is too simple or lets say unfinished... Great tips with the hangin stuff... will surely do that!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:47 AM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2019, 10:43 AM »
Amazing, amazing amazing! No other words

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2019, 11:26 AM »
"L'elephant Co"...   I just love that building.  Color, texture, detail, just everything. 

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2019, 02:18 AM »
Wonderful pictures Corkscrewloop!
That 'expedition island' picture makes me eager to check whats beyond the corner. It creates for me the right amount of suspension.
Great work!

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2019, 10:40 AM »
this area looks great - love the buildings

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Thank you all so much for the fantastic words! Thrilled and glad that you like it.

The next building is somewhat oriental but also classic... Time to eat...at the Atrium Restaurant. ::)

Edit: The interior is updated now...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:35 AM by corkscrewloop »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
That next-to-the-last shot looks great. The whiteness of the structure with the filigree roof, surrounded by the greenness of the plants, and the curved steps with the rockwork: Wonderful!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
Great building, the floor is superb. I love that mirror effect. The whole structure looks interesting and well created.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
This is a very beautiful park. Has Disney thought about purchasing?

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
Fantastic, what an update. I totally love the style of this whole lay out. Really can't wait for the download of the whole park ^^

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Beautiful!
The inside has a great atmosphere too. Everything about this park is superb.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Thank you all so much for the fantastic comments!

I was not so sure about that Atrium, it was actually an experiment if the white 4m ingame pieces which form the front will work and look good enough...
I'm not too much happy about the 4m grid size in game, as I think its an unreal, much too big wall (floor) height, compared to reality...
@RCT D, the reflective floor piece used is the one in my workshop (TMTK). In case you want it, you can find it there. :)

Definitely no experiment is my new train bridge. It's built (almost) entirely from my beam set...

Hope you like what you see. A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:33 AM by corkscrewloop »

Presentation is everything, and you nailed it with these photos.  Really like the camera angle in that first shot.