C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - a river adventure

• 136 replies
love the train shots

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
This is only getting even more spectacular. Well done!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Whoa!  I LOVE that bridge!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
The Atrium Restaurant is stunning! And love the new train bridge. Fantastic detailing.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - first pics of Steam Mountain
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2019, 05:29 AM »
JP, wowman, cody, Fisherman and shyguy - thank you all so much for the fantastic comments!

The layout of Expedition Island is set... Actually I've had built a nicely smoothed B&M inverted coaster for it, but it did not work for the concept of that park, so I've decided to completely build and design a new coaster as the main attraction for that park section... Building process has started and will progress over the next weeks.

So here is a first look at "Steam Mountain"...

A somewhat elegant train station welcomes guests for a journey on the Steam Mountain Railroad.

The three levels of the paths help to emphasize on the huge size of that coasterstation.

Guests are ready to board the train... Don't miss to catch a look out of the window to see Expedition Islands train station far behind...

Leaving the station, the track follows a small steel bridge, crossing that river and heading for Steam Mountain... ;)

My favourite views in DK always point towards the castle as the centerpoint...

More pics of that ride coming soon. Hope you like what you see - love to read your feedback...
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:42 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Ahh, that train station!  And I really like the retaining wall along the train tracks.  Very visually satisfying!  :)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2019, 06:14 PM »
I love how the train goes over a bridge as it leaves the station. And another great shot of your castle in the distance. :)  The design of the castle may not be practical in the real world, but in a fantasy park setting like this, it looks perfect. :yes:

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2019, 12:53 PM »
This all looks as gorgeous as always. I love the station.
Can I make one suggestion though? The bridge over the river looks a little over-supported with them being so thick. Have you tried losing the middle support?  I think it would look more balanced and even more elegant with just the two.
And I agree with you about the view towards the castle. Truly beautiful and magical. :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Ahh, that train station!  And I really like the retaining wall along the train tracks.  Very visually satisfying!  :)
Thanks a lot JP!

I love how the train goes over a bridge as it leaves the station. And another great shot of your castle in the distance. :)  The design of the castle may not be practical in the real world, but in a fantasy park setting like this, it looks perfect. :yes:
The castle is heavily invluenced by the DLP castle, just did some minor changes... The bridge... well see below... ;)

This all looks as gorgeous as always. I love the station.
Can I make one suggestion though? The bridge over the river looks a little over-supported with them being so thick. Have you tried losing the middle support?  I think it would look more balanced and even more elegant with just the two.
And I agree with you about the view towards the castle. Truly beautiful and magical. :)
Man, Nemmie, thanks so much! You always inspire so much... and you are so right! The supports were not good for such a purpose, so I did a complete re-"supporting". Took me a while, but now I hope you like that one better... :D

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2019, 07:34 AM »
Great change!!! Looks way better.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2019, 10:18 AM »
What a lovely bridge that is!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2019, 12:23 PM »
HOLY FRICK!!!
That's incredible. I only suggested deleting the middle support. This is just on another level.

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Amazing park

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2019, 06:40 PM »
Damn, CSL, you keep making such amazing stuff and taking such good pics of it!  And your bridges are far and away the best I've seen.  I hope you upload them so I can steal them ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2019, 05:42 AM »
Beautiful job redoing that bridge. Looks fantastic!

The station itself looks very inviting, and the shot along the stream looks almost real.

Great job!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the amazing comments! ;)

HOLY FRICK!!!
That's incredible. I only suggested deleting the middle support. This is just on another level.
Thanks so much Nemmie! It's all done with the Beamset I did with TMT. Its very versatile! Can get it from my workshop.

Damn, CSL, you keep making such amazing stuff and taking such good pics of it!  And your bridges are far and away the best I've seen.  I hope you upload them so I can steal them ;)
You can take the Beamset that I've done in TMT - I'm sure you could do bridges with it even better than I do ;). But if you really want I can upload them later for sure!

Beautiful job redoing that bridge. Looks fantastic!

The station itself looks very inviting, and the shot along the stream looks almost real.

Great job!
Thanks so much, Citytrader!

Some more impressions from Expedition Island...

And of course a classic river adventure can't be missing... ;)

Hope you like, what you see!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:42 PM by corkscrewloop »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.A. Dreamland Kingdom - a river adventure
« Reply #136 on: Today at 06:05 AM »
I like the open, airy buildings, which are quite suitable for hot, humid climates.  But you might want to put some ceiling fans in them :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page