Re: Random WDW pics from that last year
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Wow! Postcard perfect.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Random WDW pics from that last year
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:18 PM »
Having the Magic Kingdom as a neighbor is always fun, I will never forget Happily Ever After around midnight with the perimeter fireworks in May. Bay Lake Tower is my home resort, so I have tons of jokes of saying "keep it down over there." Last weekend was great and I cannot believe I survived 3 parks in one day with about 4 hours of sleep. Wonderful pictures! Please keep it up because I need my daily Disney!

Re: Random WDW pics
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Couple of castle shots from last week at the Magic Kingdom

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 11:51 PM »
Beautiful nighttime castle pics. Icicle lights... or pixie dust? Are they actually physically there, or projected?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 12:43 AM »
Beautiful nighttime castle pics. Icicle lights... or pixie dust? Are they actually physically there, or projected?
I'd assume they're projected, as they aren't there in the daytime shots. The day and night shots were both taken during the same visit, weren't they?

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Those are all physical lights they hang on the castle, and yes these were all the day

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Here is even a better video of the process of hanging them
http://orlandolocalguide.com/christmas-lights-cinderella-castle/

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 11:55 AM »
I see. After I enlarged the first pics of the castle, I could see the lights.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Beautiful! Makes me feel right at home. I got memories from my 2013 trip popping up on Facebook right now.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Finally made this official. Maybe I can now start to post here with more photo updates on a regular basis.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Fantastic pictures of a fantastic place! Thanks a lot for sharing! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline cody

• View Profile

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 04:09 PM »
Just got back from a brief trip.
and.....

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Spent the day at the Flower and Garden Festival at EPOCT yesterday. Came away with a few cool Spaceship Earth shots.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 01:31 PM »
Great shots of Spaceship Earth.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Oh wow wowmanrct, some really awesome shots there! :) Keep it up!  :up:
I really hope I can visit this place some day.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Couple from yesterday

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Love it! Making me miss my home so much!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 01:34 PM »
Very artsy. Nice.

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 07:18 AM »
Got a sneak peak at Galaxy's Edge WDW yesterday. WOW. The detail is awesome and you seriously almost forget you are in a theme park. I left the land and ended up abck in the Studios park...and was like..."Oh yeah, we are in this park today!"

My Star Wars Geek was in full force (pun intended)

And it it was so cool flying this bird

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 05:56 PM »
Wow. It's impossible to think of that round structure as 'Imagineered'. The detail and texturing are utterly convincing. Not sure if that spiky thing on the left of the building is stone or wood or something else in the Star Wars universe. Up close, it looks like maybe petrified wood. And the detailing in the Millennium Falcon... geez. Besides all the usual Star Warsy grunge, I like how the paint is chipped off on the corners of the various doo-dads. And it must be awe inspiring to see a full-sized(?) version of the old semi-reliable ship up close and personal, after only seeing it in the movies.

I'm glad you are posting these Galaxy's Edge (and Pandora) photos, wowman. The chances of me seeing them in person is slim-to-none. So I'm gonna use your photos as a next-best-thing experience. :)

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Wow. It's impossible to think of that round structure as 'Imagineered'. The detail and texturing are utterly convincing. Not sure if that spiky thing on the left of the building is stone or wood or something else in the Star Wars universe. Up close, it looks like maybe petrified wood. And the detailing in the Millennium Falcon... geez. Besides all the usual Star Warsy grunge, I like how the paint is chipped off on the corners of the various doo-dads. And it must be awe inspiring to see a full-sized(?) version of the old semi-reliable ship up close and personal, after only seeing it in the movies.

I'm glad you are posting these Galaxy's Edge (and Pandora) photos, wowman. The chances of me seeing them in person is slim-to-none. So I'm gonna use your photos as a next-best-thing experience. :)
That black thing on the left is one of the black spires. The land is called the Black Spire Outpost. They are throughout the land and all around. Very cool rock work. Yes the Falcon is life size. Amazing. We were able to see a little acting at one point as well. Chewy was under the Falcon working on it in an open panel above his head. Along came a few Troopers and he hurried and gathered his tools and ran to hide. I will have more photos from future visits. I was so awed by the land and stuff too look at I basically forgot to take more photos. I will return with my good camera and share more in the coming weeks.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 02:59 AM »
Very cool pics!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Very cool pics!
THX. That Falcon shot is a small panorama. The first time through the queue it was hard to get a full shot as the windows are small and the ship was so large. SO, the second time through I though of trying the panorama shot and it turned out a lot better.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Nice pictures! I am excited to finally see this in person when it opens. Since you have been there I am curious how the sightlines are within the land? I know there was a concern about seeing Slinky Dog Dash inside Galaxy's Edge.