Random WDW pics

• 51 replies
Re: Random WDW pics
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Nice pictures! I am excited to finally see this in person when it opens. Since you have been there I am curious how the sightlines are within the land? I know there was a concern about seeing Slinky Dog Dash inside Galaxy's Edge.
I saw nothing but Black Spire Outpost. They did an awesome job. The layout, the forced perspective of the rockwork is the best I have ever seen. Looks like the land goes on for miles. Honestly...when I left and walked back through the tunnel after being in there a few hours...I was like "Oh yeah, we're in the Studios park today." I totally, realistically forgot. We especially explored the exit trail to Toy Story Land (it wasn't open and the had it guarded) just see what that area looks like. Didn't see anything. Now maybe you can as you get to the end of the trail (right as you approach TSL), but they wouldn't let us go that far.

It was really sweet. Can't wait until ROTR opens. If that attraction is anything they make it up to be, and matches the land details...damn.

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 12:16 PM »
We also had the added benefit to do a little star gazing. Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory) was there filming a piece for some promotional video Disney will be doing about the land. She was explaining some stuff walking around in front of the X-Wing. Was pretty cool watching the filming and then being on the side stage when she went to cool off just a few feet away. I must totally sound like a Star Wars geek from her show right about now. :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2019, 09:42 PM »
I saw nothing but Black Spire Outpost. They did an awesome job. The layout, the forced perspective of the rockwork is the best I have ever seen. Looks like the land goes on for miles. Honestly...when I left and walked back through the tunnel after being in there a few hours...I was like "Oh yeah, we're in the Studios park today." I totally, realistically forgot. We especially explored the exit trail to Toy Story Land (it wasn't open and the had it guarded) just see what that area looks like. Didn't see anything. Now maybe you can as you get to the end of the trail (right as you approach TSL), but they wouldn't let us go that far.

Glad to hear they solved any issues with sightlines from within the land. After reading this I am even more excited to experience the land and it sounds like it will be a great addition to Hollywood Studios!

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2019, 09:14 PM »
Spent all day in the park today by myself to just take in the new land, explore examine all the detail and take some pictures to showcase some of all this. I have some cleaning up to do on a lot of them, but here is a teaser that I think came out pretty good.

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Spent all day in the park today by myself to just take in the new land, explore examine all the detail and take some pictures to showcase some of all this. I have some cleaning up to do on a lot of them, but here is a teaser that I think came out pretty good.

Open it in a separate tab and looks much better

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2019, 09:29 PM »
Ooh, nice. I think I've seen this before... oh yeah, that guy wowman posted pics like this in his Star Wars park thread. ;)  Seriously though, we can see now just how closely you captured the look and feel of the real Galaxy's Edge. I hope shyguy takes/posts some photos of the Disneyland version so we can compare.

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2019, 05:23 AM »
HA. THX - I wasn't even thinking that when I was taking these pictures.

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Some more Batuu pics.

the rock work is amazing

messing around with backgrounds

X-wing

Tucked back away in a corner or Ronto Roasters eatery, I found this little display behind a wire screen. Been here 3x before and never saw this.

Aboard the Falcon

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2019, 04:49 PM »
I like the last pic best; something about the lighting and perspective makes it look even more real than the others, which also look real. I'm only going by your photos (and your description), but it really looks and feels like you're on one (or more) of the planets in the Star Wars universe. I love the creatures/food hanging on the hooks, just waiting to be made into tasty(?) dishes. Reminds me of pictures of shop windows in China (or Chinatown) where ducks, chickens, and (whatever) are displayed in a similar fashion.

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2019, 05:30 PM »
I like the last pic best; something about the lighting and perspective makes it look even more real than the others, which also look real. I'm only going by your photos (and your description), but it really looks and feels like you're on one (or more) of the planets in the Star Wars universe. I love the creatures/food hanging on the hooks, just waiting to be made into tasty(?) dishes. Reminds me of pictures of shop windows in China (or Chinatown) where ducks, chickens, and (whatever) are displayed in a similar fashion.
Yes - I like this shot as well. Its stitched together from two separate shots, but the lighting and colors were perfect. Its one of the couple great views in this land that really showcase the forced perspective and make those "distant" spires looks so far away. I have to say, I think the best ever use of this technique I have ever seen. Especially because from the back you can see how its done and when you see it from this angle its hard to believe its not real.

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 05:34 PM »
Also, this shot was taken at maybe 5:00 pm. I was just talking to my brother (who works at this park) about how this land is not real photo friendly. Unlike the Magic Kingdom, where the castle was placed and the layout was designed so that its just about always in full sun and lit very well...this land is back-lit most of the day, so the sky is bright and the foreground rocks and buildings are dark or shaded (in photos). Also, the buildings and rockwork are so huge that you really need to step back to get good vista...and they always include crowds of people. I had a challenge walking around all day to try and get some good shots. Kept going back at different time to try the same shots over and over. I will have some more later, but I do have to adjust the lighting on a bunch of them.

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Here is a really small sampling of some of the awesome details put into Galaxy's Edge. More to come through the next several months.
Market place

Falcon

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2019, 08:54 PM »
Were there any snarly, growly sounds coming out of those 'pet carrier' cages? If not, there should be. :mad:up: :D  And maybe have the cages rock back and forth a bit, like something trying to get out. That's what I would do anyway, if I were an Imagineer. I like all those varied lamps hanging from the ceiling. I'm recording a Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge show on the Freeform cable channel right now. The description says it will be showing both, the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom versions. I'll be watching it later.

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2019, 05:41 AM »
The audio in the land is really good. Animal sounds, clanking, and the best is like surround sound of ships flying over head. Some of the shops have animal charters that move and make noises, but this group of cages were more 'extra' stock staked up outside the shop...so no action. I watched the show last night and its very well done on how it covers the highlights of the land. While it did show both park's versions, they never really call out when it switches. Other than small details (which I noticed a few...like the central bench in the market is different, the extra land entrance in Disneyland, and the positioning of the X-Wing), you really don't know where all the filming is taking place. One other key was that anything with Kaley Cuoco, was WDW, as I saw her filming her segments.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2019, 01:18 PM »
The surround-sound effect of ships passing overhead sounds really neat (and fun and exciting)! And all the other marketplace sounds as well.

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Some more details from GE
The Falcon's exterior

a random section of a wall

Custom lighting in the trees

Storage container details

Marketplace lighting

Marketplace sign

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 08:43 PM »
Pandora and Everest at DAK

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2019, 09:33 PM »
I love studying the Pandora shots. It's clever how the Imagineers made the rocks look like they're floating by disguising the supports with the various vines and foliage. Um, how does that cartoony dinosaur fit in? And I'm not sure what we're looking at in that last photo with the 'cave paintings'. Looks like some sort of recess in the rockwork.

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2019, 08:46 AM »
I love studying the Pandora shots. It's clever how the Imagineers made the rocks look like they're floating by disguising the supports with the various vines and foliage. Um, how does that cartoony dinosaur fit in? And I'm not sure what we're looking at in that last photo with the 'cave paintings'. Looks like some sort of recess in the rockwork.
Sorry - I should have captioned the photos a bit better.
The Dino was in the Dinosaur area of Animal Kingdom and I looked up and the sky was so blue, with the clouds and I had to capture it...loved the way it came out.

That last picture was part of the ceiling in the queue of the Flight of Passage ride in Pandora. The mix of colors just caught my attention as I was standing there not moving (pretty standard for that queue)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2019, 04:06 PM »
The dino pic looks great, to be sure. :)  I just wasn't aware that they had stuff like that in Animal Kingdom; didn't know where it fit in. I'd be taking pictures left and right in parks like this. Probably would've taken at least half a dozen of the big green dinosaur alone. :whistling:

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2019, 07:08 PM »
The dino pic looks great, to be sure. :)  I just wasn't aware that they had stuff like that in Animal Kingdom; didn't know where it fit in. I'd be taking pictures left and right in parks like this. Probably would've taken at least half a dozen of the big green dinosaur alone. :whistling:
Yep - that park has a dino land. Its a mix of some different themes.
1. there is a kind of archaeologist area, with a play area for kids and a sand pellet like digging area where kids can dig for bones.
2. a science type area where the dinosaur ride is (Indiana Jones ride from Disneyland re-themed)
3. A dino theme cheesy traveling carnival type area (where this picture was taken). It has some chance games, a dual spinning mouse coaster, and a dino version of the Dumbo ride.

A lot of fans hate this land and want it replaced, but I kind of like the atmosphere and liveliness of this area...I think its kind of fun. In recent years Donald and his crew have taken over the area and there are dance parties and other fun stuff like that going on.

There were some rumors that this was going to ripped out and replaced with Indiana Jones land, but they are just rumors (that I would love way more than the dino theme)

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2019, 07:11 PM »
some photos of this area
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrExl9af8ddzk0A4uqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ29xY3ZzBHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEc2xrA2J1dHRvbg--;_ylc=X1MDOTYwNjI4NTcEX3IDMgRhY3RuA2NsawRjc3JjcHZpZANFdWdsbURFd0xqTE14SldlWFhRaVV3c1dNVE0wTGdBQUFBQlhCd3RFBGZyA2Noci15b19nYwRmcjIDc2EtZ3AEZ3ByaWQDLm1oZDVIV29Rd2E2WlJFSktvTGVSQQRuX3N1Z2cDMQRvcmlnaW4DaW1hZ2VzLnNlYXJjaC55YWhvby5jb20EcG9zAzAEcHFzdHIDBHBxc3RybAMEcXN0cmwDMjcEcXVlcnkDYW5pbWFsJTIwa2luZ2RvbSUyMGRpbm9yYW1hBHRfc3RtcAMxNTczMzU1NDA3?p=animal+kingdom+dinorama&fr=chr-yo_gc&fr2=sb-top-images.search&ei=UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=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&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIcPHSNgROyCMSUSFQ_ocHWU3VQmg9_dKnHTUwsGiIfnUCJvN6S2DsErF5YxmX67QLgQ6dzW_maTDoSSM8MTFqq1HOxU5PdC_vLFWhFHtPSmkLHsYE3MCI4P8_apYIj2VN5aks40OA5D1t-N2rMOomYskI3RdeFspoF9Na5XA0Z-