SGW Summer Competition 2018 - Challenge #1 (Winners Posted)

• 161 replies

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: SGW Summer Competition 2018 - Challenge #1 (Winners Posted)
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2018, 04:14 AM »
I like to think of the ticket booth in a similar manner to the parking lot. Neither are functional/required for the actual game, but every irl amusement park has them so it makes sense to put them in a simulated amusement park.

I understand! Thank you for your reply :)
I will adapt my entree gate and add them.  Though not finished im glad i have more to show in challenge 2 than just the parking lot.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my comments.

I have a comment....  VERY nice feedback.  Thanks muchos ;)

As for the parking entrance, I agree.  I'm hoping a future challenge will let us imply that the road to the beach is not part of the street system to make park access less awkward.  Even with those traffic lights, I think peeps are gonna get hurt :P

That's why I built a pedestrian bridge :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2018, 03:07 PM »
I finally caught up on this first challenge. I don't really know where to post it, so I'm gonna post it here. If it is too confusing, tell me and I will edit my message and post it somewhere else  ;)

Arcadia Park
Arcadia Park is the name of the amusement park that has settled in Lake Planco. It is for the moment a small family and welcoming destination that wants to recreate the golden age of seaside resorts.

The entrance is quite simple, with ticket sales on the left, and turnstiles in the center and right.

Once in the park, on your left you immediately find a building housing toilets. There is a restaurant further away that offers fast food, and another that offers lunch in an industrial setting.

In front of these buildings, we find the main attraction of Arcadia Park : a wild mouse themed around aviation and a sky school (Arcadia's Flying School)

Further you find the pier. A promenade overlooking the beach 40 meters below. The view is splendid. We find the trendy restaurant "Miam!" which offers fish caught in the lake. Right in front of the restaurant, there is a fountain that can refresh children in summer.

Next to it, there is another ride: bumper cars called "Crazy Cars".

Finally, at the end of the pier, you'll find the emblem of Arcadia Park: its lighthouse !Let's conclude with a global view taken with a drone

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:09 PM by Neitsab »
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2018, 05:01 PM »
wow - great looking work

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2018, 06:11 PM »
^^ Ditto! Looks absolutely incredible!

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Outstanding stuff.   I'm gonna really have to up my game, and even then I don't think I can compete with this.

I'd love to see you caught up enough to post for challenge 3 this week.    Just make sure to check rules on photo-editing because I wouldn't want to see anything this beautiful miss out on a technicality.  Super-anxious to see more!

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Nice to see you jumping in, Neitsab!  This is great work and I look forward  (with some dread :D ) to seeing how it progresses.  As JP says, be careful with tweaking the pics, though.  Pretty much unaltered is the rule here.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline KickAir8P

• ˙ʇɥƃᴉs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ 'ɹoɹɹᴉɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpᴉs ɹǝɥʇO
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2018, 10:57 AM »
@Neitsab:  brilliantly picturesque, impressive!

Nice to see you jumping in, Neitsab!  This is great work and I look forward  (with some dread :D ) to seeing how it progresses.  As JP says, be careful with tweaking the pics, though.  Pretty much unaltered is the rule here.
I went looking around for the photo-editing rules and failed to find 'em, sorry -- link please?   :blush:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2018, 11:45 AM »
The rules are that only minor editing is allowed, like changing contrast, sharpness, brightness, etc. No Photoshopping in skies or other elements.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2018, 12:47 PM »
I thought challenge one had to be within the area of the ice rink building. I guess it doesn't matter as a late entry to be fair.

However, everything looks absolutely STUNNING. I can't wait to see more and welcome to the competition, I am sure it will be better for you being part of it!
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2018, 03:16 PM »
The rules are that only minor editing is allowed, like changing contrast, sharpness, brightness, etc. No Photoshopping in skies or other elements.

I think you also ruled out using the new filter options from the latest update.

But I guess none of this has to do with what Neitsab was doing with the tilt-shift thing (could also just be a good use of the depth of field setting, but looks like maybe more).  I've always liked the "toy" look those photos create, what's your verdict on that?  My willingness to renew my PSP license hinges on the response :P

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2018, 03:37 PM »
I don't have a problem with using the tilt-shift effect. Personally, I don't like it because it makes screenshots look like little toy models.;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot