Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace

• 22 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace
« on: July 10, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Berry Market

The Marketplace at Knott's Berry Farm is a small shopping and dining section outside the park's main gates. The famous Chicken Dinner Restaurant is located here, along with an assortment of unique boutiques and tasty eateries.

The Berry Market offers the world's largest selection of Knott's Berry Farm's signature jams and jellies, along with assorted gift packs, flavored coffees, gourmet foods, and souvenirs.

Assorted flavored coffees and accessories

Muffin mixes and pickled baby corn and green olives

My favorites...assorted jellies and jams

A special treat awaits guests behind the shop. To get to the restrooms, you'll have to go through this tropical rock garden, left over from the old days when Walter Knott was adding exhibits to entertain guests waiting to eat at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. The room is climate controlled, and you feel like you're entering a greenhouse.

Next door to the rock garden is a pair of original exhibits dating back to 1938.

"The Old Mill Stream" exhibit features a working water wheel and an authentic millstone.

This sign on the millstone was written by Walter Knott, circa 1938.

Also on display is this replica of George Washington's Mount Vernon fireplace.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:26 PM by shyguy »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Berry Market)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Oh. So it's a millstone. I was wondering what that thing was (till you showed us the close-up pic). I thought maybe it was one of Mrs. Knott's extra-special, world-famous, jumbo-sized biscuits. :P Lots'a Knotts pictures over at Gorillas Don't Blog (which I'm sure you're aware of). Interesting to see the differences from years past to now. Not that different in some parts of the park; a whole lotta difference in others.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Chicken-To-Go)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Chicken-To-Go

The Chicken-To-Go service counter is right next door to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. If you don't have time for full sit down dinner, or don't want to wait, you can get the same delicious meals here, and take them home (or find a nearby dining spot).

Nothing fancy here...just a counter serving tasty take-out chicken meals.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:56 PM by shyguy »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Chicken-To-Go)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Lots of good things on this menu. And the prices are pretty decent as well, considering that this is in a theme park.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Farm Bakery)
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Farm Bakery

The Farm Bakery shares the same space as Chicken-To-Go, and offers a wide selection of freshly baked breads, pies, and cookies.

Another specialty of the bakery are its custom-made cakes. You can order a cake made for any occasion, or pick out one of the already pre-made ones.

A display case of freshly baked bread and pies.

Baguettes

Assorted beverages rounds out the menu.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 03:03 PM by shyguy »

Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Farm Market)
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Are all these photos you are posting from a single massive photo expedition, or do you go to these parks a lot?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00 PM »
Are all these photos you are posting from a single massive photo expedition, or do you go to these parks a lot?
Theme Park photography is one of my hobbies. Many of the photos are leftover from my old Turnstile Tribune website. But most are new photos, taken on recent trips to the parks. I typically visit a park once a week, especially the San Diego Zoo, which is in walking distance from my house. I recently got annual passes to Disneyland and Knott's, so I plan to make monthly visits to those parks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:03 PM by shyguy »

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 03:17 AM »
I'm jealous of the proximity that allows you to visit a park once a week... and such a variety of them at that.  Never had much desire to live in California but hearing that definitely peaks my interest.

Loving these threads too, I've been turning toward Knotts to help get some ideas for the summer challenge and this thread is an immense help.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Loving these threads too, I've been turning toward Knotts to help get some ideas for the summer challenge and this thread is an immense help.
Glad to hear that. As my coverage of the parks continues to grow, I'm hoping more people will turn to these threads for inspiration.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 11:24 AM »
I actually used to be in that area a lot years ago. My corp headquarter is in Costa Mesa, almost right down the street from Disneyland. I was always looking for excuses to get out of the meetings early and head over to the parks until closing. I always flew in early over the weekend for a Monday meeting and went to Disney both days. Actually had an Exec at the office that had a Club 33 membership and we took the client to the park for the day and had Dinner at the club (this was before it was redone)...that was a great experience. Universal was also a client of mine and I was able to go there with VIP access a few times as well. I really miss doing this. I would be out there sometimes for 2 weeks straight and once every couple months...now its years. :(

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Candy Parlour)
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 01:33 PM »
Candy Parlour

The Candy Parlour offers a huge selection to satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth.

The shop is stocked full of old-fashioned candies, boxed chocolates, taffy, suckers, and sugar-free treats.

And did I mention jelly beans?

Pucker Powder, brought to you by Snoopy.

Barrels of taffy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:56 PM by shyguy »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (The Emporium)
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 11:30 AM »
The Emporium

One of the largest gift shops in Knott's Marketplace is The Emporium.

You'll find a huge selection of gifts here including hats, apparel, mugs, porcelain figurines, seasonal merchandise, and the ever popular Christmas Corner.

A large selection of western ware was on display during my visit.

Ceramic kitchenware with a nautical theme.

Jim Shore Heartwood Creek figurines.

The biggest draw here has got to be the shop's Christmas Corner, featuring ornately detailed ceramic village sets and holiday decorations.

It's always fun to view the many Christmas village scenes, showcasing the mini ceramic buildings and decor.

Fans of Halloween aren't left out, as the shop also features a large selection of spooky miniature sets as well.

The Peanuts gang are also represented with miniature sets and figures.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:31 PM by shyguy »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 04:01 PM »
Hmm. The images aren't showing up for me. I noticed that you switched to a different image hosting site. I tried copying/pasting the URLs from a couple of the pics; it takes me to a sign-in page. ??? Something about an invalid cookie. I tried disabling my adblocker (I always have it disabled for SGW and the CS Depot) That got rid of the invalid cookie message but it still wants me to sign in.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 05:32 PM »
I had a feeling there would be problems with the images. They showed up when I first posted them, but then stopped showing up. I know what I did wrong, though.

Let me know if they're showing up now.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Yep. Working perfectly now. :up:  I really like all those ceramic village scenes- Bright colors and lights, lotsa detail, interesting bases/backgrounds to show them off; what's not to like?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (TGI Fridays)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 01:13 PM »
TGI Fridays

If you're not in the mood for Knott's old-fashioned, homestyle cooking, you can always opt for TGI Fridays, an odd addition to Knott's Marketplace.

There's a nice outdoor dining patio here.

The interior is what you'd expect at any TGI Fridays location.

TGI Friday's MENU

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Going to Cali in a couple weeks. Knotts looks absolutely charming, and I DO love TGI Fridays. Might have to make a stop there!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (TGI Fridays)
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Going to Cali in a couple weeks. Knotts looks absolutely charming, and I DO love TGI Fridays. Might have to make a stop there!

Knott's is one of the oldest theme parks in the US, with a history almost as long and diverse as Disneyland. So it's a great historical park. For charm, visit the authentic Ghost Town. Camp Snoopy is nice as well. How much you like the other lands will depend on how much you like thrill rides and coasters. Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is great if you like fried chicken with lots of homestyle sides. Oh, and get your tickets in advance online. It will save you about $20 off the gate admission price. ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:55 PM by shyguy »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Peanuts Headquarters)
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Peanuts Headquarters

If you're a Peanuts fan, then this store is a must. You'll find a huge selection of gifts and Peanuts-themed merchandise here in the largest shop at Knott's Berry Farm.

Snoopy soars high above the merchandise, in constant pursuit of the Red Baron.

Speaking of Snoopy, here he is again, built entirely of Lego bricks.

There's absolutely loads of Snoopy merchandise for sale here.

Everywhere you look, there he is again.

Charlie Brown gets some love too, with plush toys, t-shirts, and more.

Snoopy and Charlie Brown t-shirts.

With all these Snoopys around, Charlie is definitely going to need Lucy's psychiatric services.

Charlie and Snoopy, happy together. Gee, I hope Linus isn't feeling left our now. :'(

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (California Shop)
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 03:06 PM »
California Shop

Knott's California Shop is a modern clothing store featuring many name brands. In addition, you can purchase season passes here.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Cable Car Kitchen)
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 04:01 PM »
Cable Car Kitchen

Back in 1955, Knott's Berry Farm operated a line of authentic cable cars acquired from San Francisco. Back in the day, the line ran directly past the Cable Car Kitchen. In 1979, the cable cars were removed and sent back to SF in order to make room for the new Camp Snoopy. Over the years, the Cable Car Kitchen has remained, although the menu has changed several times and the building was once rented out to Pink's Hot Dogs. Well, Pink's was booted out and in 2014, the building got it's original name back.

Knott's still can't decide what to do with this eatery, as it originally re-opened as a sandwich shop. But today, it only sells funnel cakes and ice cream.

Old photos of the original cable cars, and other memorabilia hang on the shop's walls.

The old cable car attraction sign hangs behind the counter.

A funnel cake, in all its big-screen glory.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Mrs. Knott's Bakery Express)
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 02:13 PM »
Mrs. Knott's Bakery Express

Mrs. Knott's Bakery Express opened its doors on July 21st, 2018. It replaced the old Cinnabon that previously occupied this location.

The interior is modestly decorated, but conveys a nice homey charm. It's a big improvement over the sparse and plain look of the old Cinnabon.

This is a small counter-service spot that's great for getting your morning coffee or grabbing a doughnut before you head off to the park.

Beverage Menu

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Knott's Berry Farm - Marketplace (Starbuck's Coffee)
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Starbuck's Coffee

Yes, Starbucks has invaded Knott's Berry Farm. And as many of you readers may know my opinion of Starbucks in theme parks, this time, it's actually a good thing.

Starbucks Coffee replaced the dismal old Ice Cream Shop that once occupied this space. The Ice Cream Shop and its old neighbor, Cinnabon, were so spartan and lacking of any atmosphere whatsoever. At least Starbucks brings with it some class, and a very nicely decorated shop.

The display case of packed full of yummy snacks and desserts, as well as a large selection of assorted beverages.

The usual Starbucks merchandise is for sale here.

Starbucks chalkboard art.

The menu offers the usual Starbucks fare.