The Walking Dead: Escape - POV and Workshop links

• 10 replies

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead: Escape - POV and Workshop links
« on: July 24, 2018, 01:53 PM »
So this year Thorpe Park in the UK opened The Walking Dead: The Ride. It is...erm...fine. It's basically a rethemed family coaster with a theme far too dark for its own good. Having ridden it I wondered what the ride might look like if it were built differently. So, whilst not even a fan of the Walking Dead, I have begun walking on my own version of the ride.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:23 AM by Hethetheth »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead - Thorpe Park Re-imagined.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 10:26 PM »
Looks WONDERFUL!!

Trivia...do you guys know who the lead designer for the real Walking Dead ride at Thorpe Park is?

I'll give you a hint...He's a shyguy's World member.  you probably already know...

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 11:10 PM »
Indeed I do know, and I am eternally envious of him. I should point out that they did a great job with the actual retheme, but feel the actual coaster they used for the retheme was a odd choice....hence my attempt here!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Ha ha!  As far as I know, he's the only one of us to break into the industry like that for real.  So they rethemed an existing coaster?  I didn't know that!

I can't wait to see your take on it!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead: Escape
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 11:29 AM »
You won't have to wait long! This has really been very quick! Started and finished within a week. I think this is partly because this was just me 'having fun', whereas things like Future World 1899 are a bit more 'precious' to me so I get much pickier.

Either way, I have released both the POV and the Workshop link below. This is something of an experiment for me, as I've always been reluctant to release workshop blueprints early for fear of it taking away views from my Youtube videos, which I generally favour as my main means of output. I'll be curious how the numbers stack up when released at the same time.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1456537337

Re: The Walking Dead: Escape - POV and Workshop links
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 11:42 AM »
really nice ride. The lighting is great and all the triggers work perfectly

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Which member here helped with the redesign of that attraction!? Would be great to connect with them. I'm also a part of the industry with a design firm based out of Los Angeles.

Another great dark ride attraction. Realistically laid out yet still providing a fun and exciting experience. I love the second launch into that twisted top hat element. The show scenes were well executed as well. I really enjoy the visual composition of the attraction entrance. Great stuff overall!
Initiating power transfer...

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 12:58 AM »
Thank you very much guys!

ImagineerJohn is a creative lead with Merlin now and worked on the Walking Dead and Derren Brown's Ghost Train:)

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 02:10 AM »
Great stuff Heth! Being as I have not been on TWD dead yet, you have set my expectations too high ;)

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Nice one Heth! I liked this very much. ;)

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 10:57 AM »
If only the real show kept that quality you´ve kept the last years.
I love how "small" your rides turned out the last time. Really inspiring how you keep the realism in mind and still creating a magical world.
Always fantastic work here!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU