LunaWood! Collab Park

• 122 replies

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood! Collab Park
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2019, 03:46 PM »
Just as HPK predicted, I am here with a few teaser pics of my build! Currently, I am working in the American Adventure area of the park on Pioneer, a classic American Arrow Mega Looper. The ride and area are set in the mid to late 70s. I have most of the station, transfer track, que, and backstage areas finished up. Most of what needs to be done is custom supporting this behemoth of a coaster  :sweat:

*Everything you see is WIP and may change*

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Custom old-school Arrow supports!  Yay!  I'm really starting to feel inadequate for not having done that myself yet ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Custom old-school Arrow supports!  Yay!  I'm really starting to feel inadequate for not having done that myself yet ;)

I've been holding off hoping someone would make TMTK Arrow supports but no luck. I finally caved and am doing it the crazy way haha

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Looks good so far. I hope to see more of the coaster soon. Good luck with the custom support job.;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Looks good so far. I hope to see more of the coaster soon. Good luck with the custom support job.;)

I REALLY want to show off the rest of it, but am holding off until it's properly supported. Think Vortex at Kings Island, though  :whistling:

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Looks amazing! I love the latest update because the screenshots are at really good angles to showcase the sightlines as well as the general layout of surrounding areas. Well done!

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Hey everyone! HPK and I are back with a new episode of LunaWood! Today we look at the station for Pioneer and look at it's backstage areas. We also reveal who we are giving the park to for a few weeks!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:56 PM by Beyondyou »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2019, 04:57 PM »
Nice custom supports ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Thanks bullethead!

The job is tedious but they are coming along. We will update further Pioneer support progress in future episodes.

For those of you who come for the stills and not for the videos, myself and BeyondDrewTV have passed the park off to our first guest builder. It is none other than SDanWolf. We are anxious to see what he can do for us in Lunawood. One thing is for sure, he won't disappoint!

Back soon with more updates.

HPK

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2019, 02:55 PM »
The job is tedious but they are coming along. We will update further Pioneer support progress in future episodes.

It's definitely tedious doing customer supports (and fences, and power lines, and roof trusses, etc.) with the current FUBAR state of the advanced move gizmo.  It's possible to work around this problem but that just adds tedium and bother to what was already a tedious and bothersome job.  Having done a bunch of custom supports over the past year, I had come to regard it as pretty routine and not all that time-consuming.  Now since 1.10, I dread doing them again.  But Frontier says they're working on it so hopefully we'll see a patch fairly soon.

For those of you who come for the stills and not for the videos, myself and BeyondDrewTV have passed the park off to our first guest builder. It is none other than SDanWolf. We are anxious to see what he can do for us in Lunawood. One thing is for sure, he won't disappoint!

You actually "Tom Sawyered"* SDanWolf into doing your work for you?!?!?!?  I used to think I was a pretty good at running scams but I see I've met my match.  Gentlemen, I tip my hat to you  :euro: 

* For them as don't know, in Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer, one day Tom is tasked with white-washing the fence in front of his house.  He doesn't want to do it but pretends it's really fun.  Pretty soon, his act convinces passers-by to try it themselves to see how much fun it is, and thus they do all the work instead of Tom.  That's the source of this American colloquialism.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2019, 08:43 AM »
I really love the look of your park! It feels so light/airy and also quite realistic. A truly beautiful style

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2019, 05:53 AM »
I agree with Salad Fries. It's a great looking park. I especially like the picture where the coaster gets close to the trees :)

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies! SDanWolf has been hard at work the past week or so and just finished up his build! The video showcasing it will be up tomorrow, but enjoy this small teaser until then :D

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Once again @ Salad Fries, Bullethead and Forgath, thank you! Thank you! Thank you for your repeated interest and kind words for our park.

Without further adieu,

Welcome back to LunaWood in Planet Coaster! Today we look at the amazing work done by SDanWolf!! We also speculate about Frontiers upcoming 4th franchise! What do you think it will be?

Make sure you guys send love SdanWolf's way!!!

As alway here are the still you guys love so much!

Enjoy everyone!

It's my turn to build so I'll be back with some more in a few days!

HPK
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:57 PM by HardPunkKore »

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 04:11 PM »
Absolutely incredible! I love the utility space (always love seeing utility spaces) & your landscaping is beautiful!

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2019, 11:15 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm back with some LunaWood HYPE PICS!!!!!!!

Yes, we got some progress. This little area is coming together nicely.

More to come soon!!!!!

HPK

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2019, 12:02 PM »
Sorry for the delay folks!!!!!

More Lunawood HYPE PICS!!!!!!!!

The next episode has been recorded and should be live by the mid to end of next week.

Until next time all!

HPK

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Enjoy these hype pics folks! Can't wait to show off the rest of the awesome stuff HPK did!

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Hey all! Welcome back to a brand new episode of Lunawood! Today, we look at the awesome work that HPK did! He went ahead and tackled custom supporting our Custom Mega Looping Arrow coaster, Pioneer! The results are absolutely stunning. He also went ahead and added in two new flat rides near our classic wooden coaster, The Ohio Wrecker. There are a TON of great details around the lines for these flat rides. Especially the Spinsanity which utilizes the old Ohio Wrecker extended que which had been out of commission for years. Be sure to watch the video to see all of these great details and work he put into his build!

Here are a few more pics of his build!

We would also like to announce that the Lunawood build team has gained two more amazing master builders! Welcome on in FishermanRCT and Matejakezman! In total, there are 5 people working on Lunawood now(Myself, HPK, SDanWolf, FishermanRCT and Matejakezman), which is nice for HPK and myself to get a breather in between builds a bit more lol.

That being said, I have the park file now! I plan on working on our mid 90s B&M Invert! I'll be sure to upload pictures of the progress here so stay tuned to this thread!

As always, let us know what you think! We love hearing everyone's feedback and suggestions! Thanks everyone for taking time to view :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2019, 09:57 AM »
Thanks for inviting me, guys!  Looking forward to contributing.  Gonna go watch the new video now...well...once the HD kicks in on it.   :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 10:07 AM by Fisherman »

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2019, 07:37 PM »
Hey all, a small Lunawood update for you. I was granted and extra week with the park and I have been busy.

We have plans to record the next episode this coming weekend so stay tuned!!!

HPK

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Very beautiful, such great architecture! The Plaza looks fantastic! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Welcome back to LunaWood everyone! Episode 15 is now live.

First things first, I know BeyondDrew mentioned it in the last post but I want to take a minute and welcome Fisherman and Matejakezman to our build team. You all probably are familiar with them but in case you aren't, go check out their park threads. The links to their parks will be down below.

Here are the remaining stills of the latest Lunawood build for your viewing pleasure. I have a few extra pics from past progress that I don't think we've used so I'll included those here as well.

Enjoy! :D

BeyondDrew gets the park next, I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve!

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for us, don't be shy, let us know. You never know, maybe your proposal will come to fruition...

Thanks a lot everyone.

HPK

MateJakezMan: Lake Liberty Forum Post https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20902.0.html

Fisherman: Kaleidoscope Piers Forum Post https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,19414.1200.html

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2019, 09:52 AM »
Really glad you asked me to help you! I've been following Lunawood since you three started it and I am very happy to join you now. I am a fan of the generic style and the whole "chain" idea. Let's see what we can do in the future :D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2019, 03:38 PM »
I think the videos and screenshots don't do the park justice.  Exploring it this weekend in tegidcam was sooo much fun.  The park feels like real park. I can't wait to work some on it.

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Ay oh! Time for some WIP shots of my build! I am tackling the B&M Inverted coaster in the park. This coaster is HEAVILY inspired by Batman the Ride and Talon.

Here are a few WIP pictures

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Soooooo...Fisherman has the park this week.   ;)

Stay tuned!!   :D

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2019, 05:50 PM »
It will be fun seeing you working again away from the Piers (not that I'll ever get enough of KP)... lots of different challenges and ways for you to blow minds as always  :up:

I like everything I've seen in the park before as well, everyone has done such a great job with this.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Dunk-A-Doodie..... :w00t: :mc3: :mc3: :mc3:  (Closest I could come to a doodie emoji)

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Hey everyone! We are back with another update to Lunawood! Fisherman has had the park the last week or so and done some amazing work! He completed the main street in the American Adventure area of the park. He managed to fit in 2 new flat rides from the Classic Rides Collection as well!
Moving to the boardwalk area of the park, Fisherman has installed the parks first(and possibly only) dark ride! Ghost Hunters!

Check out the video to see all the great details that went into his build!