LunaWood! Collab Park

• 122 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood! Collab Park
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2019, 08:34 PM »
I like the Whip enclosure; perfect old-timey amusement park glitz.

The interior of Ghost Hunters: too dark and sinister. :P  I had to laugh when it was revealed to be a simple oval track with nothing but stacks of treasure chests in an empty warehouse. I guess we can pretend that the treasure chests are coffins- lots and lots of coffins. If I heard the commentary correctly, the treasure chests cost a lot of money (when not playing in sandbox mode), and it's that added value that attracts the guests. It's an old trick that we do in RCT3 as well, burying stuff under a ride to boost its excitement. Are there plans to make an actual themed interior?

I noticed the Gondola ride wasn't moving. Broken down? The rock climbing wall looks great with that animatronic climber. Clever and amusing. :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:36 PM by JB »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2019, 08:37 PM »
I just saw the pics, didn't watch the video, but I do like the pics.  Good work Fisherman!  That Whip skin looks rather like the one for your fake Whip ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2019, 04:06 AM »
Love all the rustic architecture being used to fit everything into it's surroundings...  lots of great structures, I think the variety along the roofline of the midway games stood out for me the most.  But I love everything.

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words friends.

@JB - The sky ride wasn't broken just closed. We may have forgotten to turn it on for the video but guest can't ride it yet anyway as they path doesn't reach either stations yet. Where the stations are located, we have yet to work on and develop, but soon my friend.

And I also regret to inform you that it was decided early on that there would not be and interiors in Lunawood. We have been part count conscious throughout this project. We try to float the line between not letting part count stunt our build but also not getting too carried away. We want to see this project through to the end of our vision and by the time we reach it, the park could contain in excess of 200k+ pieces. We are nearly half way there already. If we did full interiors, the park might not be runnable on any of our PCs. Lunawood isn't the only project we plan to do together either so. Maybe we'll plan to do a smaller park where we can not worry about part count when Lunawood is completed among other ideas we have already that excite us.

Stay tuned for more Lunawood. Thanks for the interest everyone.

HPK

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2019, 06:05 PM »
A new episode of Lunawood is about ready to record! Myself and Matejakezman have been hard at work these past few weeks on the park. Can't wait to show off everything soon! Here are a few teaser pics until the episode is ready to release :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2019, 06:29 PM »
That's  proper tease.  Very nice pics of tantalizing stuff.  I look forward to the full reveal.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2019, 05:43 AM »
those new gondola cars look great in game.

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Hey oh everyone! Glad you all enjoyed those teaser pics! The full episode will be out tomorrow at 4pm cst! We are really excited to show off this new episode as it is jammed pack with new expansions for Lunawood.

Until then, enjoy one last teaser picture :P

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Such a beautiful picture… Sigh <3

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2019, 02:53 PM »
As always, thanks for all the kind words everyone!

We are back with an all new episode of Lunawood, episode 17! ***SPOILER ALERT*** It's GOOD!!! Come join us as we show off some incredible work done by BeyondDrewTV and MateJakezman and have maybe share a few laughs with us.

As always, the most important part, THE STILLS!!!!!!! Enjoy!

Again, thanks everyone for the continued interest. If anyone has any suggestions, or you see things you like or don't like, but sure to let us know. Your feedback, positive or negative is greatly appreciated.

I have the park for the next week or so, and I got a lot of plans, mainly giving the parking lot a face lift. Let see how much I can get done. ;) I'll check back with some progress updates between now and then.

HPK

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Hey guys, I was rereading the last post and felt that the stills provided did NOT do justice for the builds that BeyondDrewTV and MateJakezman did so here are a few more for your viewing pleasure.

Check back for more real soon!

HPK

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2019, 04:24 PM »
I agree.  The 2nd set of pics is much better ;).  I really like that pond and the mill building.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Gotta agree. The second set really shows off their great work so much better.  :up:
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2019, 07:13 PM »
AND WE ARE FINALLY BACK!!!!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. But hopefully it will be well worth the wait. Today's post is juicy! Dripping with flavor! We've got 2 updates worth of progress for you all, right here, right now!

Why 2 updates worth you ask? Well, quite frankly, we just forgot to update this thread that we published ep18 about 3 weeks ago.

It's been a long time coming and here it is.

You guys didn't think I forgot the stills did I?

Well here they are for your viewing pleasure.

EP19 was published over this past weekend.

And of course, the stills from EP19.

Big shout out to the following for blueprints that we used. JPAlmighT, Bullethead, KPJ, JimiMac, and Osmium. Thanks guys and great work.

Now, I have the park again. Anyone care for some WIP pics?????

Phew!!! that was a lot of stills!

Again sorry for the lack of updated. Hopefully it won't be another 2 and a half months before the next update (it won't)!

On behalf of Fisherman, SDanWolf, Matejakezman, and of course my Lunawood brother and Co-founder BeyondDrewTV, I sincerely thank you all for the continued interest and support!

Check back for more WIP pics real soon. Is a coaster being worked on??? What??? A coaster??? Come back to find out.

HPK

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Awesome screenshots, HPK! I really enjoyed working on the kiddie land area.  Sorry if my clown gives anyone the heebie jeebies
Spoiler (hover to show)
  :P

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2019, 11:00 PM »
Toyland is such a fun, colorful little area. I really like the Wacky Worm theming with the fake greenery, flowers, apple, and mushroom. The block-shaped lamps fit right in.

Spent over an hour watching the videos. I love the back-and-forth you guys engage in, and the little edited-in images and jokes, like "The more you know" PSA moment.

Half a century from now, grandparents will be telling their grandkids about the time they went to LunaWood and were scarred for life by that Jack-In-The-Box clown staring down at them and laughing hideously.

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Thanks, JB! Glad you're enjoying the series. We love building the park and taking our fun jabs at each other haha

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2019, 02:21 PM »
I agree with JB. You guys did an excellent job on the kiddie area.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2019, 03:35 AM »
I just wanted to say, I absolutely love that entrance plaza!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2019, 01:59 PM »
I love this park. There's too munch good stuff to comment on. That Jack in the box is freaky. Brilliant!

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2019, 10:51 PM »
Thank you all for all the kind words. It's much appreciated.

How about some more Lunawood WIP Pics?

More for you guys soon!

HPK
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:53 PM by HardPunkKore »

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2019, 10:11 PM »
So my turn has come to a close. Ep 20 will be recorded soon so look out for a more in depth analysis of my build real soon!

But until then how about some teasers of the finished product to hold you all over.

Thanks everyone and check back real soon for more!

HPK

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2019, 06:39 AM »
Awesome job dude! Love how this area turned out!

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Hey everyone, back with ep. 20, another HUGE JUICY Lunawood update. Got a ton of progress to show of from Matejakezman and myself. Mate's Wharf plaza is just about completed and we also have an RMC coaster named "Iron Wolf" and the triple drop tower to show off amoung some other stuff. Check out our video and have a few laughs with us, but if you don't have the time, check out the accompanying stills below.

Thanks everyone for your continued support and interest.

Stills of Mate's wharf plaza

HPK's entrance plaza overhaul

Now for the meat and potatoes of the update. Iron Wolf, Lunawood Drop, and the American Spinner

I very much enjoy watching guest walk around the park and I took some random shots of various areas just for fun. Enjoy!

And to wrap things up for this update, some overview pictures

Hope everyone enjoyed update #20.

If you have followed us and like what we are doing, you may be interested to know that as we wrap up the American Adventure area of the park (which has spanned ep9 until now and counting), we will be doing some cinematic videos of completed areas and coasters as well as doing another lore episode that will tie in the entire build along with its rich history in the park that is now known as Lunawood run by Luna Parks Inc. Then, after that we expand the park boundaries and move on the post 2000s full area expansions to the park.

We got a lot is store for you all so stay tuned!

Any feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated. Any thoughts or suggestions, we want to here them!

Thanks again.

HPK out!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:51 AM by HardPunkKore »

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Luna wood looks awesome!!! Great update!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2019, 04:04 PM »
I'm so proud and HONORED to be a part of this fantastic project!  It is really coming together and I'm having a blast.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Fantastic update and fantastic park. Loads of great pics to feast our eyes on. :)

« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2019, 01:04 PM »
That was a very thorough update; really liked seeing multiple shots from different angles, especially overhead.  Great looking park and like what you're doing with the soft, almost pastel palette.   I especially liked the entrance plaza, lots of new ideas to steal.  But that triple-drop tower is definitely a show stealer.

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Love this park!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2019, 02:11 PM »
The immersive feel in this park is wonderful. :)  And I liked seeing the skyway gondolas running this time. I don't think I've seen them working before.