LunaWood UPDATED 5/17/20

• 144 replies

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood! Collab Park
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2019, 04:33 AM »
I thoroughly enjoy how this park feels like a nice elegant medium sized park (reminds me of Dorney Park a lot). Really great building, great pathway work and awesome foliage! :)

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Thanks everyone for continued feedback, interest and support! :up:

We very honored to be featured on the front page on SGW for the second time!

Be on the lookout for more stuff coming real soon!

HPK

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2019, 01:43 AM »
Wow, amazing screens, amazing atmosphere, amazing park... Just that large clown scares me...  :scared: :). What you do and build with the wood pieces is absolutely awesome! There is so much fantastic architecture in your screens. Hope to see more! :)
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2020, 08:17 AM »
So,

I know it's been a while.

I know most of you have probably forgotten about this project.

And the few of you who haven't forgotten about it may think this project is dead.

Well, I'm here to tell you Lunawood is back! And we got a bunch of content on the way.

A lot of progress was made in recent weeks in 4 different areas of the park. Here are a few teasers pics to get your motor running.

The Parking lot overhaul.

Mate's capped off "Wharf Plaza."

And, some foliage work... Wait, what's that through the trees???

Stay tuned! Ep21 along with a nice lengthy update post with an excess of stills for you guys here on SGW is coming soon!!!

Hope everyone is safe and protecting themselves from the pandemic ravaging our entire world.

HPK.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2020, 08:30 AM »
I love this so much!  You've done an AMAZING job with that surprise in the trees back there!

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2020, 09:06 AM »
LunaWHOOd is back, ya'll! We are all excited to finally jump back into this project and finish it up! Look out for regular updates in the coming weeks/months :D

Here's a sweet lil shot of Shredder to tie everyone over until the next updates

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Hey all hope we're staying safe! It's been my turn with the park for a few days and i've got a nice little teaser to show off! The focus of my build is the main backstage facilities for the park as well as a few other projects that I will show off in a few days! Doing backstage work is some of my favorite things to build in PlanCo and I think it shows in this teaser pic. This backstage area is located at the very back of the park and is the original backstage of Lunawood. Also note the footers and silhouette of the lift hill of the brand new, yet to be revealed coaster ;)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2020, 07:19 PM »
OMG!!!!  is that the shadow of a HYPE TRAIN?!  Can't wait to see it!   ;)

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2020, 03:19 PM »
Lunawood takes great pride in its site lines around the park..ahem..In other news the big backstage area is nearly complete :D
Time to move on to another project on property  :up:

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35 AM »
Hey guys, another quick update/teaser post.

We are hard at work during this time of recluse.

Here are a some more stills from the MASSIVE update that is coming.

The Parking Lot's Bus Terminal

The Tri-Wheel

Iron Wolf and Luna Drop Plaza

And a little something new for all of you!

Be back with more soon!!!

HPK

Offline AcesCalifornia

• Ambitious But Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2020, 02:19 PM »
Woohoo the kings are back! Cannot wait too see this massive drop of yours! And I see that Patriot is still looking as rough as ever ;P

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2020, 06:21 PM »
Hey again!

I'm back with what is likely the final teaser before we unveil our gigantic update.

It's soooooo juicy and tasty, we may have to split it up into 2 separate updates. Yes, there is that much content on the way. :up:

We will also catch you guys up on some of the lore soon as well.

But before all that, a few more stills to hold you over until it's all on display.

The Campground Overhaul. (long time followers may remember the old one)

Part of the main and oldest maintenance yard.

WHAT?!?! Is that a second coaster???

I told you this coming update was going to be enormous.

Stick around, because a thorough and in depth look at all of it is coming your way soon!

HPK
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:26 PM by HardPunkKore »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2020, 07:22 PM »
In the old maintenance yard pic, I like how the pavement is scuffed up, dirty, and well-worn in places.

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2020, 03:13 PM »
I am back as promised with part 1 (of 2) of this HUMONGOUS content drop. Sorry guys it was simply TOO big for a single update. All in all, I think I totaled over 100 of fully detailed stills for you guys. You will see about half of them here.

We have been hyping it up for 2 weeks now and its finally time to show off new stuff.

As always, be sure to watch the full episode for the thorough in depth look at everything covered in this update. As per usual, we talk about our inspirations, motivations, technical aspects, realism details as well as share a few laughs with some light hearted amusement park focused chat.

Ok, enough talk, on with the STILLS!

The Parking Toll Booth

The Campground Overhaul

The Parking Lot Overhaul

From the Security Lookout

Vortex - Eurofighter 320

Here is the rest of the Stills for the update

So that's it for part 1 (of 2) of the MASSIVE update we have been teasing.

I hope you all enjoyed it.

Part 2 is one the way. It has already been recorded and is currently in the editing phase.

So stay tuned, more LunaWood is on the way!

As always, if you have have thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions, let us know. We absolutely love hearing for you guys, we look forward to it!

Thanks for the renewed and/or continued interest and support. If you are new the series be sure to go back and take a quick look at how the park became what it is today.

Ok guys, my fingers are tired from all the typing.

We'll be back with much, much more very very soon!!!

Signing off for Luna Parks Inc, BeyondDrewTV, Fisherman, Matejakezmen and SDanwolf, I'm HPK!

Everyone, stay safe, continue to social distance and WASH YOUR HANDS!!! lol

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2020, 03:19 PM »
I love this project so much, guys.  It has really come together.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36 PM »
Lots of good stuff here, guys. :)  I especially like the colorful triangular 'shaders' covering the Vortex queue; modernistic, abstract. Very theme parkish, world's fairish.

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2020, 03:13 PM »
Hello again!!!!!!

I'm back with Part 2 of the Gigantic update we've been teasing!!!

Once again, I apologize we couldn't fit it into a single update, but there is just so much to go over.

As always, be sure to check out the full episode for an depth look at everything we built for this reveal. As per usual, we talk about our inspirations, motivations, technical aspects, realism details as well as share a few laughs during the amusement park centered conversation.

The STILLS for your viewing pleasure!!!

The Finished Wharf Plaza

The main and oldest Maintenance Yard

Lunawood's first land expansion and B&M Floorless Coaster "Thunderbolt"

Here are a few more that I forgot to add from the last post.

The views while on the Sky Ride.

PHEW!!!!!

That was a lot of work done in the past few weeks! I hope everyone has enjoyed our MASSIVE update as much as we have.

As always, if you have have thoughts, ideas, comments or suggestions, let us know. We always look forward to hearing from the community.

For our next episode, we are currently planning our next "Lore Update" episode where we won't show off any new builds, BUT we will do a walk through of pretty much the entire park and tell all the stories behind each of the installs. We have done an episode like this a while back, before we started work on the "American Adventure" themed area. What a long way we've come!

So be on the look out for the next Lunawood episode, it will be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the renewed and/or continued interest and support. If you are new the series be sure to go back and take a quick look at how the park became what it is today.

Signing off for Luna Parks Inc, BeyondDrewTV, Fisherman, Matejakezmen and SDanwolf, I'm HPK!

Everyone, stay safe, continue to social distance and WASH YOUR HANDS!!! lol

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood! (NEW UPDATES 4/6/20)
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2020, 03:53 PM »
I looked at the screenshots before watching the video and my favorite shot was the nighttime pic with the Sky Whirl off in the distance; looking like a couple of fireworks bursts. Then, while watching the video, you guys showcased that very shot by strategically placing the camera just so. Too bad the ride isn't functional. Nice park, entertaining video. :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood! (NEW UPDATES 4/6/20)
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Spectacular work, guys.  I'm as giddy about the backstage stuff as I am about the coaster!

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood UPDATED 4/6/20
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Welcome back everyone!

We have a very special update for everyone today.

It has been a LONG time coming, we have teased it the in past updates, nearly two years in the making.

It is a full review and walk through of the 99% completed American Adventure area. Not only that, but all the story and history behind what has been built and why. American Adventure is the main area of the park with the bulk of rides.

Join me and BeyondDrewTV as we hover around AA and talk about all those juicy lore nuggets.

We only do these types of videos every so often so sit back and enjoy! Oh, and get your popcorn ready!!!!

Sorry guys, I regret to inform you all since there is nothing new to show off today, there is no new stills.

Thanks to all of you who have renewed/continued your interest in Lunawood. Those of you who are new to the series, feel free to look back in the thread and catch yourself up.

BeyondDrewTV currently has the park and he is super motivated and inspired to build in a new land expansion (Lunawood's most recent park update for the 2020 year.) I hear SDanWolf even has a hand in theming the area, and for those of you that don't know him, that is his specialty! So make sure you check back soon to see what they are up too.

Got any ideas, questions, suggestions, critiques? Let us hear it, we love hearing from you guys.

On behalf of Fisherman, MateJakezMen, SDanwolf and my Lunawood Co-Founder BeyondDrewTV, I'm HPK.

Stay safe everyone, continue to social distance and WASH YOUR HANDS!!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:48 PM by HardPunkKore »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood UPDATED 4/12/20
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Thanks for the video, guys. I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on how long ago a particular ride was built, and why. With all the info, I didn't need to see any new stuff. :)

Hmm, "SDanWold". Any relation to SDanwolf? :P

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2020, 02:09 PM »
Hey all! It's time for a new Lunawood sneak peek :D I've had the park for a few weeks now and have gotten a lot done! I started a brand new area in the park. This new area will have 2 flat rides and 1 coaster and will be set in the rust belt of the United States in the 1930s. Here's a few sneak peek shots at the area!

Expect a video covering the new area and MORE soon!

-BeyondDrewTV

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Looking so nice, guys!

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood UPDATED 5/17/20
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2020, 10:41 AM »
Welcome back everyone to Lunawood Everyone. I'm HPK and have we at Luna Parks Inc. got a treat for you guys.

Lunawood is enjoying tremendous success since the turn of the new millennium, competing with regional park chains such as Cedar Fair and Six Flags. And Luna Parks Inc. thought it was time to step up their game try their hand at a fully themed park area to set themselves apart from other American amusement parks.

This update we will be covering Lunawood's Most recent Park Expansion, new for the 2020 season, "Centerville."

It is a new area fully themed to a lively country town with some industrial influences from the 1920's . It's packed, with 2 flat rides, a farmers market with gift shops and eateries, some midway games, and the Centerville's main attraction, "Moonshine Canyon," a Mach Rides Family Double Launch Coaster. It tells the story of two brothers, who started a distillery on Centerville's outskirts,  during prohibition and the ride takes you from their base of operations along the country side and through a canyon while they are on the run from the local Sheriff.

For your viewing pleasure, here is Lunawood Ep 24 - "Centerville"

And now for the stills!!!

"Centerville"

The Flat Rides
"Test Flight"

"Terrorvator"

Mach Rides Family Double Launch Coaster
"Moonshine Canyon"

The Overviews

I want to take a second and congratulate BeyondDrew on some of his best work yet!!! Also I want to give a shout out to SDanWolf as some of the buildings used were built by him as well. The entire area came together very nicely and it has been fun to explore it with him.

Okay!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed the new content, I know I have, lol.

So we still have some great stuff coming up. I have the park now and I'm going to sneak a WIP shot in here for you guys as it's also in the update video.

This isn't the only thing I plan to work one so you'll have to stay tuned.

Thanks again for everyone's support and continued interest in this massive project. Its been a lot of fun and we still have more work to do.  If you guys have any questions, comments, critiques,jokes, or any other feedback, please let us know. We love hearing your thoughts, suggestions and ideas.

On behave of Luna Parks Inc, MateJakeZman, FishermanRTC, SDanWolf and my LW co-founder BeyondDrewTV, I'm HPK.

Be back soon with more updates!!!

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
Re: LunaWood UPDATED 5/17/20
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm back with a real quick update.

Maybe not so much as an update as,but I do have a question for you all.

How many new things can you spot in this aerial shot?

Well, now that this area is completed, I'm off to the other end of the park to build up the final section of "American Adventure" that remain blank. It will be 2 plazas each with a flat and some eateries and gift shops. The area to be built will bridge the gap connecting the Wharf, Thunderbolt and Shedder plazas.

Stay tuned.

HPK