• 8 replies

Offline Nimzhul

• Follow me on twitter @nimzhul
    • View Profile
MKP Festival [DOWNLOAD]
« on: August 03, 2018, 12:05 PM »

STEAM WORKSHOP LINK
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1463920148

Welcome to MKP Festival! This is my second park in Planet Coaster.

No workshop items have been used in this park, and you can find some blueprints from this park in my workshop page.

MKP Festival is a medium size theme park, with 8 small themed areas, 8 roller coasters, 2 water rides, 3 track rides (one of them is a dark ride), a Go-Kart track, 8 flat rides, 2 hotels and many shows, restaurants and shops.

FULL PARK INFO:

After crossing the opening Festival Plaza, the park is themed in different festivities celebrated in certain parts of the world, like Oktoberfest, St. Patrick´s day or Mardi Gras and other which are worldwide, like Christmas or Halloween. I shortly describe you all themed areas with their main attractions.

Oktoberfest: O' Zapft is! Welcome to legendary Bavarian beer fest! In this area you can walk through a Bavarian town to reach the Oktoberfest Tent, You need to fill your stomach before ride the loud and woody coaster MKP Hölzern. Remember, if you drink, you cannot drive in MKP Nürburgring Go-Kart track.
-          MKP Hölzern (Präsentiert von Brillibi) is a GCI wooden coaster located on a mountain. With numerous airtimes and tunnels. With a total length of 898 meters and a biggest drop of 31 meters. Max. speed of 89km/h. 2 trains.
-          MKP Nürburgring is a Go-Kart track of 525 meters that round the whole Oktoberfest area of the park. It´s fully lighted and themed. It has 18 cars.

St. Patrick´s Day: Wear your green hat because here every day is March 17. Are you ready to find the cave where Leprechauns store their treasures? You can do so by riding MKP Leprechaun an Hybrid-swinging mine train coaster. After that, enjoy with your friends in the famous Dublin´s Temple bar.
-          MKP Leprechaun (Powered by Channel Five Gaming) is an Hybrid-swinging mine train with a total length of 770m and a biggest drop of 29 meters, reaching a top speed of 94 km/h. The full ride takes for less than 1 and half minutes. This coaster is really colourful at night. 2 trains.

Koningsdag: Welcome to Amsterdam! The king welcomes you to celebrate his day, in the wonderful north´s Venice. Enjoy also the view of the tulips garden; eat the best not French but Dutch fries before living the experience of MKP Flying Dutchman, a Flying coaster. Do not try Dragons Dynamite unless you are over 18.
-          MKP Flying Dutchman (Powered by Twisted Knot) is a 857 meters length B&M Flying coaster, reaching 93 km/h after the biggest drop of 32 meters. Includes 3 inversions and a final surprise. Runs during 77 seconds. 2 trains. Queue building is a replica of the Royal Palace of Amsterdam.

Mardi gras: At the end of Mississippi river you find the wonderful city of New Orleans, with its colourful facades and its carnival, Join to celebrate Mardi Gras with your friends and discover the river  through MKP Mississippi Adventure or join the MKP Louisiana Oil Company to find the coveted black gold.
-          MKP Mississippi Adventure is a River Rapids based on Tom Sawyer´s book by Mark twain. It runs for 2:40 minutes and has a length of 417 meters.
-          MKP Louisiana Oil Co. is a Vekoma Giant inverted boomerang. With two vertical drops of 30 meters, reaching 96 km/h during 1:16 minutes. Queue is themed as an Oil Mine. One train
-          Confetti party will fill the Main Plaza of the zone with confetti, this happens several times per day, but you always can activate it manually by clicking the trigger at Festival plaza in the entrance of the park.

Chinese New Year: Chinese people have their own calendar; in MKP Festival we decided to do the same, so, every day here is New Year. Discover the fury of the two dragons, the great MKP Tianlong and the kid’s dragon MKP Huanlong. You should not forget to visit the Great Imperial Theatre for the New Year’s show.
-          MKP Tianlong (Powered by R3dDragons)is an Intamin Wing coaster, the highest of the park with a first drop of 46 meters, reaching 110 km/h with a total length of 1029 meters during 1:23 minutes. The whole coaster is themed in China.
-          MKP Huanlong is a Family/Junior coaster with a total length of 444 meters during almost a minute. It reaches 70 km/h so children become adults after ride this coaster. Themed about Chinese Dragons.
-          New Year‘s Show at Great Imperial Theater is a Fire, water and light show in a Great Theater. To watch it, pause the game, go to festival plaza where all triggers are displayed, click on play, switch to night, and go back to the great imperial theatre to enjoy the show.

Holi: An ancient Indian tradition to welcome Spring is celebrate Holi, the most colourful party of the world. Water, Fire and colours join together to bring an amazing experience, explore the wonderful Indian town and refresh yourself in MKP Parvati, the full themed Log flume. If cobras doesn´t scare you, enjoy the MKP Kaala Saanp experience.
-          MKP Parvati is a Log Flume, 100% chance getting wet. It has 3 drops with 12, 18 and 24 meters each. Include multiple effects and is themed around Indian Holi. It lasts for 2:40 minutes and has a length of 523 meters.
-          MKP Kaala Saanp is a Top spin flat ride, fully themed with many visual effects, that lasts for 3 minutes, after ride this you will get sick or burned.

Christmas: Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa Claus welcomes you to his home.  Enjoy this land full of sweets and snow. Are you nervous? That is because you are in MKP Christmas Eve, our Single rail coaster and at the end of the ride you will get your Christmas gifts. If you want to go directly for them, ride Santa´s Factory and try to catch one!
-          MKP Christmas Eve is a RMC single rail coaster with 3 inversions, reaching 110 km/h with a biggest drop of 47 meters; it lasts for 62 seconds and has a length of 749 meters. The ride is full themed in Christmas; you will dive into a sea of gifts after crossing your house chimney.
-          Snow Party covers the entire Christmas land with snow. You can run this show when you want by activating the trigger in the entrance of the park.

Halloween: Crow sqawks welcomes you to the scary land of Halloween, where only people without fear are allowed to come here to challenge MKP Poltergeist, a Wing launched coaster. If you survive, may you have a change to scape alive from MKP the Manor.
-          MKP Poltergeist (Powered by ShadowXPhenix) is a B&M wing-launched coaster that runs throw the mountain and building of the Halloween area of the park. It reaches 104 km/h, last for 56 seconds and covers a distance of 862 meters after 6 inversions.
-          MKP the Manor is a dark ride you can find if you are brave enough to visit the abandon manor at the Halloween zone. It lasts for 4:00 Minutes and includes an automatic switch to night mode (In case this switch doesn´t work, please switch to night manually)

[RESTAURANTS, HOTELS AND SHOPS]

-          Park holds 25 drinking and eating places, including 6 vending machines

-          7 Souvenir shops

-          4 information points

-          2 First aid points

-          4 ATM Machines

-          15 Vista Points

-          3 gambling machines

Hotel Taj Mahal (5 Stars) is a great luxury hotel located in Holi area of the park, include swimming pool, spa and each room has a balcony.

Hotel Camp Gold (1 star) is a Camping resort within the park, you can find it in the Mardi Gras entrance from Chinese new year, it holds 12 tents with a capacity of 8-12 persons.

If you like it please, rate, at least for the 320 hours I spent on it
With love, Nimzhul.

Offline cap396

• View Profile
Re: MKP Festival [DOWNLOAD]
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:49 PM »
I love the layout, detail, and especially the park map.  Very well done.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 05:36 PM »
I explored it!  I'm so amazed.  I just love all the meandering pathways with coasters soaring above and diving below.  Really nice work!!  Lots of hidden surprises.  Don't miss the haunted house, guys!  It's truly spectacular!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Nimzhul, you have to quit dropping H-bombs on us like this without warning.  This is too much awesome to digest all at once.   :o  I'm dazed just looking at the screenshots (although the one for Holi didn't show up) and reading the descriptions, and haven't even fired up the park yet.  A few WIP posts along the way as appetizers would have helped prepare our minds.  But, I shall be spending the next while strolling this wonderful place and will report back.   :up:

In the meantime, however, hats off to you for creating a park dedicated to my favorite drinking holidays (and a few new ones).  Prosit, sláinte mhaith, proost, laisez les bons temps rouler, ganbei, whatever they say in India, and cheers!  And as a resident of Lousy Anna, I have to applaud the combination of colonial architecture with a refinery gas flare.  You nailed it there ;).

-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 08:39 PM »
OK, I've now toured the park and am completely blown away.  It's all wonderful but the high points for me were:

Hölzern:  best coaster IMHO, and the Wagner music goes well with it.

The dirt sculptures in St. Paddy's and Halloween areas.  This is an under-appreciated and under-utilized part of the game, so great examples like this should hopefully inspire others to give it a try.

Hoil:  The Taj Mahal hotel and the various sculptures, plus the beautiful Parvati log ride.

Also, the multi-lingual signs all over the park were a nice touch.

The one nit I have to pick, however, is in the Mardi Gras area.  While there are mines in Louisiana, they're for salt, not oil, and are in the swamps and marshes close to the coast.  There is no rock in the whole state and, except for a very few areas, no topography at all.  It's pretty much all flat mud down to the fires of Hell except for the buried salt layer near the coast and the 30m-thick loess layer on top in some small areas in the northern parts of the state ;).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nimzhul

• Follow me on twitter @nimzhul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 01:21 AM »
Thank you so much cap396, fisherman and bullethead, I´m happy you liked the park.

Regarding Oil and rocks in Louisiana, bullethead,  yes, It´s true, but please understand it´s just a themed area, I should fit in the park structure. each area has that kind of "mistakes"... to be real, Have to say at the beggining Mardi Gras area would not have any coaster, but I saw  the inverted boomerang model and directly thought about an oil tower... I check if in louisiana there was any oil well (and yes https://aoghs.org/petroleum-pioneers/first-louisiana-oil-well/) so I finally decided to create the coaster, and as a queue I made something like a mine. I know oil is not mined but drilled, but Cannot send guest throught a pipe, so in this park you have to mine for oil ^^

Thank you again to all who comment here.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Regarding Oil and rocks in Louisiana, bullethead,  yes, It´s true, but please understand it´s just a themed area, I should fit in the park structure. each area has that kind of "mistakes"... to be real, Have to say at the beggining Mardi Gras area would not have any coaster, but I saw  the inverted boomerang model and directly thought about an oil tower... I check if in louisiana there was any oil well (and yes https://aoghs.org/petroleum-pioneers/first-louisiana-oil-well/) so I finally decided to create the coaster, and as a queue I made something like a mine. I know oil is not mined but drilled, but Cannot send guest throught a pipe, so in this park you have to mine for oil ^^

Yep, the oil industry is the only thing that keeps Louisiana's economy going these days.  The stretch of the Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans is called the "Cancer Corridor" for good reason--it's wall-to-wall refineries and chemical plants---and there are many other such facilities scattered about in lesser concentrations.  I was just thinking the mine should have salt crystals in it.

There's an infamous disaster hereabouts where a barge rig drilling for oil in a brackish estuary near the coast misjudged its position and drilled into the underlying salt mine.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:26 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 11:32 PM »
This looks really cool! I really like the map, it really lets us know how the park is divided and the different experiences. Good work!

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 05:34 PM »
I am currently getting into Planet Coaster, just loaded your park, and I am completely blown away. I can't even express how much amazed I am.
This is finally convincing me on the game, though I doubt I'll ever get even close to this standard.
Jawdropping, applause.